PDA

View Full Version : Epic past life question

Quandrie
09-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Have a 17/3 FvS/Pali . I have done my Martial Past lives for the doubeshotx3. Ready to do Divine Epic past lives. What's better, the Power over Life or Saves bonus? Running Pali pure BF once I finish Devine lives. I have never used a shield in 5 years, so that last feat is no good to me as I don't usually block.

Thalone
09-27-2015, 12:09 AM
I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong...) the bonus for Block Energy applies even if you don't have a shield; you just have to block. So I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand; there are some instances where shaving off a chunk of elemental damage is handy.

Personally, I would take Brace. If you care about using Positive/Negative energy, you will already have it slotted somehow. An additional +10 is not going to be large compared to what you already have.

Enderoc
09-27-2015, 04:37 AM
I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong...) the bonus for Block Energy applies even if you don't have a shield; you just have to block. So I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand; there are some instances where shaving off a chunk of elemental damage is handy.

Personally, I would take Brace. If you care about using Positive/Negative energy, you will already have it slotted somehow. An additional +10 is not going to be large compared to what you already have.

but pennies make nickels, nickels make dimes, dimes make quarters, and quarters make a dollar. The way I look at it, people are trying to get high scores in their main attributes, powers, and skills all the time. 30 spell power is actually significant at least in my opinion.

Quandrie
09-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Have a 17/3 FvS/Pali . I have done my Martial Past lives for the doubeshotx3. Ready to do Divine Epic past lives. What's better, the Power over Life or Saves bonus? Running Pali pure BF once I finish Devine lives. I have never used a shield in 5 years, so that last feat is no good to me as I don't usually block.

Edit, I have doublestrike x3. Thanks for the thoughtful replies.

kemetka
09-27-2015, 11:04 AM
While it does really depend on what your going for / what you want to do with your character, personally I would say go for the past life feats that are most beneficial regardless of your class build, which would be :

martial :
skill boost >> though fort would be a decent one as well, this is up to opinion which is more preferable

divine :
brace

primal :
fast healing >> this feat is actually exceptional once you get 3 stacks of it, though colors is a more popular choice

arcane :
weapon enhancement.