PDA

View Full Version : Advice for EK/Swashbuckler build

Luknar
09-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Anyone have a build combining Sorceror EK & Bard?

I have 32 point build, Warforged, Drow, Favored Soul & Harper tree unlocked to give some idea of what I have available.

Enguebert
10-01-2015, 03:38 AM
Anyone have a build combining Sorceror EK & Bard?

I have 32 point build, Warforged, Drow, Favored Soul & Harper tree unlocked to give some idea of what I have available.

I don't have a build, but here are some general tips
Sorceror and Bard are based on CHA =>> Good Synergy, but that usually means low INT so Harper tree not so useful (harper tree synergize more with a wizard EK)

Then you will have to decide how many level of bard you want (based on Swashbuckler enhancement you want and sorcerer core you want)

Feat selection will be hard. You probably want SWF line for SB and metamagic feat for sorcerer SLA
BaB will be a problem. Bard and sorcerer have no good BAB. You can have CHA to damage with SB tree but not CHA to attack.
Another possibility would go for PDK so with Cormyrean Knight Training, you can have CHA to attack and damage with shortsword (only sword for SB) but then you will have 1 fighter level

And defense would also be a problem. Low HP and only light armor (means low PRR) is a deadly combination if you melee. Sorcerer spells can help a litte (displacement,...)

mezzorco
10-01-2015, 05:14 AM
Despite the sinergy of Bard/Sorc spellcasting stat, maybe the best EK/SB is done using wizard.

I know it's not what you asked for, but wiz grants you both incorporeality and a meaningful way to heal a flesh toon.
I'd suggest 12wiz/5bard/3ftr: it will grant you wraith form, swash T5 and stalwart stance.
(note anyway that such a build will require 13 points in StD, 21 in PM, ~37 in SB and 8 in Har for KtA, so you will have 1 point left for EK)

If you're set on sorcerer, warforged can heal via repairs, thus being advised for a mostly sorc build.
If you instead prefer a mostly bard build, any fleshie will do, with drow and human standing on top.