PDA

View Full Version : Update 28: The Devil's Gambit Preview on Lamannia!

Cordovan
09-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Update 28 is now available for preview on Lamannia!

Click here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Updated-9-16-15)) for the Release Notes.

Please give us your feedback:

Deepwood Stalker (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465387-U28-Lamannia-Ranger-Deepwood-Stalker-Feedback)
Tempest (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465386-U28-Lamannia-Ranger-Tempest-Feedback)
The Devil's Gambit (https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/279-Update-28-The-Devil-s-Gambit)
U28 Loot (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465390-U28-Items-Official-Discussion)

NOTE: Character Copy is currently unavailable.

KookieKobold
09-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Howdy folks!

I'll be online (and possibly a dev or two) on both Wednesday, September 16, and Thursday, September 17, from 8pm to 10pm Eastern (GMT -4).

The objective of these events would be to run the new content and gather feedback on it!

I'll see you there.

DANTEIL
09-16-2015, 04:16 PM
What level(s) are the new quests?

Cordovan
09-16-2015, 04:22 PM
What level(s) are the new quests?

14 and 30.

Cleanincubus
09-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Why is the new Halloween time event not using old Mabar collectibles? The last thing we need is yet another set of new ingredients/collectibles. Many of us still have the ones we have collected over the years, including from the last time, when the event was closed prematurely. Someone please explain why.

Mabar was by far my favorite event, so I farmed it almost every single day, for hours at a time. Is there at least going to be a way to exchange old Mabar collectibles for ingredients of the new event?

Vargouille
09-16-2015, 08:58 PM
Monster autoscaling for level 30 quests has been removed, and monster stats for level 30 quests have been manually adjusted. This applies to any CR 30 quest (Level 28 quests on Elite, for example.

I wanted to clarify and expand on this release note a bit, since it's brief.

If you are testing on Lamannia, or when Update 28 comes out, you may notice some differences in monster balance, including monsters in existing level 30 quests (on Normal, or 31 on Hard, 32 on Elite). Monsters from other level bands should be unaffected.

In particular, keep an eye on three things: Monster hitpoints, Monster damage (to you), and Monster saving throws.

Hitpoints and damage should be reasonably similar to what it has been in the past. Some monsters intentionally have a bit lower HP than before.
Many monster saving throws have been lowered. In some cases substantially.

We hope this makes for a better experience overall, and we'll continue monitoring player character and monster balance.

Thanks for any feedback!

P.S.: If you are curious, we've disabled an older system that automatically scaled up several stats and made balancing monsters more complicated. This is also a change that should help us more quickly, easily, and accurately create and balance monsters in the future.

DANTEIL
09-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Concerning the Monster Manual 6 (thank you for another MM, btw!), these are the new monsters that I saw -- [but don't assume this is the correct final list because I was doing this from memory in comparison to what I currently have on live]

Iron Defender
Dragon (!)
Mudmen
Flesh Render
Hell Hound
Tiefling
Quori
Yugoloth

Also, a possible MM error -- the "Corrupted Shubbery" at the end of the new quest that starts in the Harbor showed up in my MM under "Lion". They looked like evil shrubbery to me.

Dreppo
09-16-2015, 09:44 PM
From the release notes:

• Fixed an issue that caused the mouse wheel to get stuck in First-Person View when interacting with a bag.

Thank you !!!!!!

mikarddo
09-17-2015, 02:05 AM

If you are testing on Lamannia, or when Update 28 comes out, you may notice some differences in monster balance, including monsters in existing level 30 quests (on Normal, or 31 on Hard, 32 on Elite). Monsters from other level bands should be unaffected.

In particular, keep an eye on three things: Monster hitpoints, Monster damage (to you), and Monster saving throws.

Hitpoints and damage should be reasonably similar to what it has been in the past. Some monsters intentionally have a bit lower HP than before.

We hope this makes for a better experience overall, and we'll continue monitoring player character and monster balance.

Thanks for any feedback!

P.S.: If you are curious, we've disabled an older system that automatically scaled up several stats and made balancing monsters more complicated. This is also a change that should help us more quickly, easily, and accurately create and balance monsters in the future.

So, the quests in U27 were already on the easy side on EE and now you are saying they are being made even easier? Thats ... odd.

noinfo
09-17-2015, 09:39 AM
So, the quests in U27 were already on the easy side on EE and now you are saying they are being made even easier? Thats ... odd.

From the notes the primary change is dc and slightly lower hp. How many dc based toon were blasting through the last update ?
If this works a pass on u27 dc would be good

The_Human_Cypher
09-17-2015, 11:06 AM
From the release notes:

Thank you !!!!!!

http://www.gamergeoff.com/the-greatest-release-notes-in-the-history-of-ever/

N-0cturn
09-17-2015, 12:46 PM

Thanks for any feedback!

There seem to be some issue with the changes to monster balance. In Temple of Elemental the damage from the rogue melees is insane. about 300-350 with 90 PRR. And they use TWF and were regular mob, no champions involved.

In tavern brawl the damage seems to be ok though and I haven't tested any other content yet.

Cordovan
09-18-2015, 04:28 PM
We'll be shutting Lamannia down at 6:00 PM Eastern tonight, with plans to bring it back up next week. Thanks!

Jappy
09-18-2015, 05:01 PM
What is going oin the world just closed is lam going down its only been up for 3 days when will it be open again?

Jappy
09-18-2015, 05:02 PM
I just worked on my guy so hard and it gets closed ready to quest and it gets clased thnx thnx ALOT!

Ziindarax
09-18-2015, 05:09 PM
We'll be shutting Lamannia down at 6:00 PM Eastern tonight, with plans to bring it back up next week. Thanks!

Seriously?! I JUST found out about Lamannia coming back up last night, and was in the middle of E-TR spamming to try and get my guy up to speed so I can actually test the content. Barely 3 days is not enough time to really test the new stuff, especially for those of us who have lives, and are thus, not afforded the opportunity to sit in front of a screen 24/7.

That being said, please consider making testing phases as long as they used to be (at least a week or two of being open). Also, please, please, PLEASE for the love of the Old Ones DO NOT wipe the servers! :)

P.S. Any chance you could implement some kind of system that memorizes what you took when you made a character so E-TRing is not so tedious? I was in the process of finishing Martial PL #3 out of 9 after maxing Primal Fast Healing 3/3.

Thanks!

Edit: I should probably explain WHY I was E-TR spamming like I was - I had a theory that I wanted to test to see how over-powered my current build would be in the event of obtaining absolute AC/PRR/HP Completionist with arcane weapon enhancement bonus. The build, without Epic Past lives, seems to hold up pretty well to hazards on EE, so maxing out that AC, PRR, and fast healing might have made my build an unstoppable Juggernaut. Alas, can you at least tell us WHY Lamannia had to be closed?

Lemdog
09-18-2015, 05:20 PM

next week??! yea i was gearing my guy up to try the quests on EE . thanks to char copy not working i actually had to set my toon up. Only to find it gets taken down..

What will the 2nd lammannia pass feature?

axel15810
09-18-2015, 05:26 PM
Bah, no lam this weekend? Really? Was planning to try out the new content tonight. Just got home from work and its closed. Disappointing, I was assuming it would be up atleast until you guys came back to work on monday. What's the point of shutting it down end of day Friday? I'm assuming nobody is working on it on the weekend anyways right?

Cleanincubus
09-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Seriously?! I JUST found out about Lamannia coming back up last night, and was in the middle of E-TR spamming to try and get my guy up to speed so I can actually test the content. Barely 3 days is not enough time to really test the new stuff, especially for those of us who have lives, and are thus, not afforded the opportunity to sit in front of a screen 24/7.

That being said, please consider making testing phases as long as they used to be (at least a week or two of being open). Also, please, please, PLEASE for the love of the Old Ones DO NOT wipe the servers! :)

^ This, so very much this.

Lamannia use to be up for a lot longer, and far more times before Updates went Live. Now they're up for a couple of days and only once or twice, and many times skipping weekends when more people have time to play on it. There's not even the Mournlands program anymore, so it's not like people are previewing/testing/bug reporting from that anymore, before it's put on Lamannia. I'm sure the PC might get the occasional advanced preview, but it sounds like they are only getting a look at the writeups before we do, and nothing more. So no more Mournlands, and very short previews on Lamannia. At the same time, each Update needs more and more patches to fix more and more bugs. There's clearly a direct connection between the two.

Did I hear correct on the Dev stream today, that the Update might go Live next weekend? If so, why? Why not at least wait until Arcane Archer is done, instead of relying on a Patch to include it? Why not have another preview next weekend, to have more people report bugs for you?

Lemdog
09-18-2015, 10:13 PM
^ This, so very much this.

Lamannia use to be up for a lot longer, and far more times before Updates went Live. Now they're up for a couple of days and only once or twice, and many times skipping weekends when more people have time to play on it. There's not even the Mournlands program anymore, so it's not like people are previewing/testing/bug reporting from that anymore, before it's put on Lamannia. I'm sure the PC might get the occasional advanced preview, but it sounds like they are only getting a look at the writeups before we do, and nothing more. So no more Mournlands, and very short previews on Lamannia. At the same time, each Update needs more and more patches to fix more and more bugs. There's clearly a direct connection between the two.

Did I hear correct on the Dev stream today, that the Update might go Live next weekend? If so, why? Why not at least wait until Arcane Archer is done, instead of relying on a Patch to include it? Why not have another preview next weekend, to have more people report bugs for you?

I wish a dev could see this. very true words sir.

Delacroix21
09-19-2015, 05:14 AM

Seriously why close Lam on the weekend when the majority of players are on and only open it during the week when they are at work?

I understand you guys are thinking that you are off on the weekend, so you want new changes tested during the week so you can respond to them, but that is ridiculous. Simply let players test on the weekend, then review their posts and concerns on the lamannia forums Monday! Grrr

sudzz
09-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Yet again all of the folk who spent all of their time in the dojo complaining how they didn't get to test anything, newsflash folks the quests are not in the dojo, test with a current character rather than some overpowered maxed out toon that will never see live content and join the few of us who are actually testing the new stuff for bugs otherwise they might just shut the dojo as it is not helping to get the content bug fixed.

Jappy
09-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Yet again all of the folk who spent all of their time in the dojo complaining how they didn't get to test anything, newsflash folks the quests are not in the dojo, test with a current character rather than some overpowered maxed out toon that will never see live content and join the few of us who are actually testing the new stuff for bugs otherwise they might just shut the dojo as it is not helping to get the content bug fixed.

You know what I did spend my time in the dojo and they closed it right as I was about to test out the new quests with my brother

Ziindarax
09-19-2015, 08:54 AM

#1 -That would be valid, EXCEPT for those of us who actually HAVE maxed out characters that we can't bring over because the character copy RARELY, if ever these days, works correctly.

#2 - I only try this from time to time because I've already found a second life build that had ZERO Epic past lives who was able to destroy quite a bit of challenging content with ease - my goal was to determine just how much MORE over-powered he would be.

sudzz
09-19-2015, 10:28 AM
#1 -That would be valid, EXCEPT for those of us who actually HAVE maxed out characters that we can't bring over because the character copy RARELY, if ever these days, works correctly.

#2 - I only try this from time to time because I've already found a second life build that had ZERO Epic past lives who was able to destroy quite a bit of challenging content with ease - my goal was to determine just how much MORE over-powered he would be.

They usually announce when there has been a character wipe and there is no point trying to copy over unless there has been a wipe because usually folk have previously copied that same toon before and it will not allow a second copy of the exact same toon.

sudzz
09-19-2015, 10:30 AM
You know what I did spend my time in the dojo and they closed it right as I was about to test out the new quests with my brother

Case in point, the server was up for 3 days, i ran them elite, solo on my first lifer that was still on lamma from last time round and this stuff was really easy, you spent 3 days working a toon up that you then couldn't play on, and if they wipe before it comes up again you will likely rinse repeat.

Jappy
09-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Case in point, the server was up for 3 days, i ran them elite, solo on my first lifer that was still on lamma from last time round and this stuff was really easy, you spent 3 days working a toon up that you then couldn't play on, and if they wipe before it comes up again you will likely rinse repeat.

no I was waiting for my brother he couldn't decide what he wanted to be

Wallwalker
09-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Seriously why close Lam on the weekend when the majority of players are on and only open it during the week when they are at work?

I understand you guys are thinking that you are off on the weekend, so you want new changes tested during the week so you can respond to them, but that is ridiculous. Simply let players test on the weekend, then review their posts and concerns on the lamannia forums Monday! Grrr

My guess is that they would like to avoid giving the players 3 solid days to do benchmark and DPS testing, so they can avoid the high number of bug reports or seeing Turbine-divergent numbers in any solid Tempest and DSW DPS test spreadsheet results the Wonks came up with. The kinds of results that would be making the rounds if the lamma-numbers Wonkcrews were able to have the full access for a solid weekend that they need to get a big enough sample size.

It's too bad, but honestly it's a direction they have been moving in for the past 5 months, they want to go live as early as next weekend and bug reports and class pass "input" could delay them if there is a great deal or worse if an outcry was to gain steam over the weekend. This way they showed us a peek, and might (small chance) give us a peak next week and then they will go live with what the originally intended.

All about appearances and control these days, the bugs and balance problems will be ironed out when it goes live, or not.

Cordovan
09-21-2015, 06:06 PM
We have reopened Lamannia with a new build of Update 28: Devil's Gambit! We'll have release notes shortly, but this update includes a lot of polish, dungeon master voice work, and some updates to the ranger trees.

Cordovan
09-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Quick note that we are aware that hireling activated abilities are not working correctly. Hirelings will do their normal actions according to their AI, but players cannot click on activated abilities from their hirelings' hot bars unless the hireling is actively attacking. This does not impact stances (like Passive, Aggressive, Stand Your Ground.) This will be fixed prior to Update 28 going to the live servers.

axel15810
09-21-2015, 06:27 PM
We have reopened Lamannia with a new build of Update 28: Devil's Gambit! We'll have release notes shortly, but this update includes a lot of polish, dungeon master voice work, and some updates to the ranger trees.

Any word on how long you'll keep it open?

Seikojin
09-21-2015, 09:48 PM
Probably until the end of this weekend.

Seikojin
09-21-2015, 09:50 PM
Tavern Brawl Bug: 3rd round of boss did not spawn devils to complete the trigger.

None of the set bonuses for the U28 loot appear on my character sheet.