PDA

View Full Version : Earth savant needing an advice

Luigi_Siul
09-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Well, I'm thinking on coming back to DDO. I have a pure rogue(24), Bard 2nd life(14/2rog/2ftr), Favored Soul (23) and a WF Earth Savant Sorcerer, my favorite to do solo or farm items. Right now he is on his 2nd life (wiz), but I want it to do one more for 36pt build. I just love the acid so please don't recommend me other savant :)

I don't know if stay with the wizard life (i have one +20 lesser heart of wood) or change it to another, like sorcerer which I don't like because is good for evocation and earth savant is conjuration based, the cleric life gave you +1 spell dc for conjuration or should I stay with the wiz for the +2 spell pen? Maybe another class?

Right now, don't have access to the toon so please don't ask for my gear or stats cause I can't answer that :(

Tom116
09-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Well, I'm thinking on coming back to DDO. I have a pure rogue(24), Bard 2nd life(14/2rog/2ftr), Favored Soul (23) and a WF Earth Savant Sorcerer, my favorite to do solo or farm items. Right now he is on his 2nd life (wiz), but I want it to do one more for 36pt build. I just love the acid so please don't recommend me other savant :)

I don't know if stay with the wizard life (i have one +20 lesser heart of wood) or change it to another, like sorcerer which I don't like because is good for evocation and earth savant is conjuration based, the cleric life gave you +1 spell dc for conjuration or should I stay with the wiz for the +2 spell pen? Maybe another class?

Right now, don't have access to the toon so please don't ask for my gear or stats cause I can't answer that :(

Welcome back! :)

So you're saying he's currently on a wizard life for his second, and sounds like sorc was the first life?

If that's the case, then you don't need another PL unless you want more. You'll have 36pts on that character after a TR. I would keep the PL as wiz because the active wiz PL (Arcane Initiate) is VERY useful on a caster, even if you choose not to dual spec schools. The +2 spell pen could be useful if you go towards enchantments as well as conjuration.

One question though, do you happen to have access to Bladeforged as a race? I personally am not a HUGE fan of the capstone because the ele form increases your sp costs and really damaging your other elemental spellpowers. The +2 Cha is nice but as a Bladeforged you have no -2 Cha pen that warforged have, and your saves you go up significantly. You'll lose some sp and a couple slots but nothing you'd miss much, especially with reconstruct SLA. Plus you start with 13-14 Sorc, when it gets really good :)

Luigi_Siul
09-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Welcome back! :)

So you're saying he's currently on a wizard life for his second, and sounds like sorc was the first life?

If that's the case, then you don't need another PL unless you want more. You'll have 36pts on that character after a TR. I would keep the PL as wiz because the active wiz PL (Arcane Initiate) is VERY useful on a caster, even if you choose not to dual spec schools. The +2 spell pen could be useful if you go towards enchantments as well as conjuration.

One question though, do you happen to have access to Bladeforged as a race? I personally am not a HUGE fan of the capstone because the ele form increases your sp costs and really damaging your other elemental spellpowers. The +2 Cha is nice but as a Bladeforged you have no -2 Cha pen that warforged have, and your saves you go up significantly. You'll lose some sp and a couple slots but nothing you'd miss much, especially with reconstruct SLA. Plus you start with 13-14 Sorc, when it gets really good :)

Yeah,
First life Sorc
2nd life Wiz

The idea of bladeforged sounds good, I don't have it right now but is a good option. I would like to stay pure, but like I said it is a good option. (I'm thinking about it)
Probably I will stay with the wiz past life.

Thanks for the response

Endarire
09-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Good news for Acid Sorcerers: Current endgame content (the Trials of the Archons series) has more mobs immune to fire/electricity/cold than acid! Dissolution (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Dissolution), bracers from the Defiler of the Just raid, dropped for me last night (I won the roll) and that made me respec into Acid. So there.

Luigi_Siul
09-17-2015, 05:48 AM
Good news for Acid Sorcerers: Current endgame content (the Trials of the Archons series) has more mobs immune to fire/electricity/cold than acid! Dissolution (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Dissolution), bracers from the Defiler of the Just raid, dropped for me last night (I won the roll) and that made me respec into Acid. So there.

wow... I need that bracers asap, lucky you! Didn't knew about the trials of the archons mobs, thanks for the info.

Jiirix
11-03-2015, 03:18 AM

A perfect match for Dissolution are the new http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Ship_Kickers Boots. Its the only non-bracers and non-shield with an insightful save bonus. Boosts all save +5 and refelx another +1/2 from insightful DEX+4. Balance +20 and two slots come on top. Love it on my earth savant.

Luigi_Siul
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
A perfect match for Dissolution are the new http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Ship_Kickers Boots. Its the only non-bracers and non-shield with an insightful save bonus. Boosts all save +5 and refelx another +1/2 from insightful DEX+4. Balance +20 and two slots come on top. Love it on my earth savant.

Those boots are great, I have it on another toon... hmm I think Tavern Brawl needs to be farmed again hahaha