PDA

View Full Version : The Kighter, an Elven Fighter/Monkcher AA

IlmerSilverhilt
09-15-2015, 10:14 AM
The Kighter
Elf Fighter 12 Monk 6 Paladin 2
Lawful Good

You can see the original build here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/465349-The-Kighter-an-Elven-Fighter-Monkcher-AA?p=6181803&viewfull=1#post6181803)

Build Features:
Depends on gear/Epic Destiny:
91 KI/Concentration (4x 10K Stars)
93,94% Doubleshot (213,94% Manyshot, chance of 4 arrows)
121 Ranged Power
106 PRR
50 MRR
Bit low UMD
Bit low Dodge

This is Ilmer, currently a wisdom based Falconry AA. Im doing racial lives and on my last Elf life, so figured Id test some endgame builds. I plan to do an eTR and go dex based for a comparison. Should be fun! Ill probably keep the wisdom-based build for Sharn, and see what new gearset it brings. I had to buy a Devotion138 aug, as my Cocoons were a little weak, but Ive levelled with a healer so didnt notice much till he was gone 8)
https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/ScreenShot00120_zpsqanuvjxf.jpg

Stats:
Str 08
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 18 + Levels
Cha 08

Feats:
01 Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus : Ranged (fighter)
02 Zen Archery (monk)
03 Rapid Shot, Follower of the Silver Flame (paladin)
04 Precise Shot (fighter)
05 Precision (monk)
06 Past Life : Rogue (fighter)
07 Path of Harmonious Balance : Fists of Light (monk)
08 Manyshot (fighter)
09 Weapon Specialization : Ranged (monk)
12 Past Life : Paladin, Improved Critical : Ranged (fighter)
13 Ten Thousand Stars (monk)
15 Master of Forms (fighter)
16 Improved Precise Shot (fighter)
18 Greater Weapon Focus : Ranged, Weapon Focus : Thrown (fighter)
20 Greater Weapon Specialization : Ranged (fighter)
21 Overwhelming Critical
24 Combat Archery
26 Holy Strike
27 Weapon Specialization : Thrown
28 Doubleshot
29 Dreamscape
30 Greater Weapon Focus : Thrown
30 Scion of Arborea
Level order: F, M, P, F, M, F, M, F, M, F, M, F, M, P, F, F, F, F, F, F.

Skills:
Max Concentration, Heal, UMD11, Tumble1, rest in Spellcraft

Enhancements: I have 83 points at the moment...
https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/Unavngivet_zpsctt1gcap.png
Elf: 14 points.

Arcane Archer (Elf): 42 points.

Falconry: 27 points

Epic destiny:
Fury of the Wild
Primal Scream (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Acute Instincts (3/3)
Damage Reduction (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Constitution (1/1)
Sense Weakness (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Fury Eternal (1/1)
Unbridled Fury (1/1)

or

Epic destiny:
Legendary Dreadnought
Extra Action Boost (2/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Action Boost: Damage (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Critical Damage (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Constitution (1/1)
Advancing Blows (1/1)
Devastating Critical (1/1)
Master's Blitz Resistance (1/1)
Pulverizer (1/1)

Twists:
Pierce the Gloom
Damage Boost
Pin
Enlightenment
Rejuvenation Cocoon

Gear Set:
https://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/chaosbow_zps7ulgeylb.png
Weapons: Chaosbow
Armor: Leg Disciple of the Dawn
Goggles: Van Richtens for MRR or LGS for Ender
Helm: Leg Executioners Helm
Neck: LGS
Trinket: Leg Symbol of the Slavelords
Cloak: Leg Shadowhail Cloak
Belt: Leg Braided Cutcord
Ring: Five Rings
Gloves: LGS
Boots: LGS
Ring: Leg Ring of Prowess
Bracers: LGS
Quiver: Quiver of Alacrity
Augments: Power250, False Life40, Vitality20, Globe of Imperial Blood, Good Luck2, Resist6, Festive Int2, Festive Wis2, Charisma8, Constitution7, Devotion138

Final Stats:
STR 21
DEX 57
CON 46
INT 26
WIS 62
CHA 26

HP:
288 Base
540 Constitution Bonus
247 Feat Bonus
183 Enchanted Bonus
440 HP Adjustment
1698 Total

SP:
0 Base
286 Ability Bonus
175 Feat Bonus
275 Enchanted Bonus
736 Total

Fort/Reflex/Will Saves:
73 77 69

the_one_dwarfforged
09-16-2015, 08:13 PM
why bother with 12 fighter? the only advantage i can see is +10 rp.

is it really worth losing rams might and called shot, or holy sword?

IlmerSilverhilt
09-17-2015, 01:22 AM
why bother with 12 fighter? the only advantage i can see is +10 rp.

is it really worth losing rams might and called shot, or holy sword?

Hey there, yes I did it mainly for the ranged power. And weapon specialization gives me some straight damage, instead of Rams Might. Called Shot I havent been playing with, is that the 500pt shot? I do miss Sniper Shot from DWS. Holy Sword I never tried, but seems too op for me 8) Fighter also let me pick up some PL feats for some more dps. All in all a viable alternative I think...

Ilmer

the_one_dwarfforged
09-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Hey there, yes I did it mainly for the ranged power. And weapon specialization gives me some straight damage, instead of Rams Might. Called Shot I havent been playing with, is that the 500pt shot? I do miss Sniper Shot from DWS. Holy Sword I never tried, but seems too op for me 8) Fighter also let me pick up some PL feats for some more dps. All in all a viable alternative I think...

Ilmer

yea called shot and sniper shot are the same thing.

and thats a good point about rams/weapon spec.

i really wonder though whether 10 ranged power is better than a pretty solid clicky every 6 seconds.

Saekee
09-17-2015, 02:34 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I think the way to go with an AA (outside the typical 14/15 pally annoyance) is a build that uses manyshot with bows and otherwise is a thrower.
The only way to get dex to damage with bows was through elven grace whereas the only way to get increased threat with shurikens was halfling or pure ninja monk.

With the changes to deepwood this is now possible, so dex based halfling deepwood (minimum 2)/monk (minimum 3, 6 if you want 10k) and consider how good tier 5 mechanic is right now (sneak attack via rogue as well as 20 RP on tier 4 and 5). Harper is good too so lots of ways of doing it, but you want at least 3 monk for Advanced ninja training and a couple of ranger for deepwood's improved weapon finesse, ideally spend 16 in halfling for improved threat with thrower and you are good.

I heartily recommend active attacks like Sniper shot, leg shot etc. since with IPS the effect is insane. ranger gives so many good feats up to level 6 anyway that it is handy, and the core of deepwood at 12 is supposed to give another 10 rp. Maybe 12 deepwood, 3 monk, 5 rogue or something similar, all will be stretching AP to the max.

IlmerSilverhilt
10-22-2015, 05:49 PM
No longer relevant, sorry 8)

unbongwah
10-23-2015, 09:45 AM
With the latest changes to AAs, will you be sticking with this level split; or do you think you might TR into, say, monk 12 / rgr 6 / pal 2?

IlmerSilverhilt
10-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Hey Unbongwah, yeah I think Ill stay with this split for the time being. Might not be the best atm, but think its pretty good allround, I like the base dmg, the RP & the feats I have.

IlmerSilverhilt
11-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Updated the OP and added new screenies and a video, hope you enjoy 8)

IlmerSilverhilt
01-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Made some changes to OP

goodspeed
01-25-2016, 11:09 PM
I posted this elsewhere but I think the way to go with an AA (outside the typical 14/15 pally annoyance) is a build that uses manyshot with bows and otherwise is a thrower.
The only way to get dex to damage with bows was through elven grace whereas the only way to get increased threat with shurikens was halfling or pure ninja monk.

With the changes to deepwood this is now possible, so dex based halfling deepwood (minimum 2)/monk (minimum 3, 6 if you want 10k) and consider how good tier 5 mechanic is right now (sneak attack via rogue as well as 20 RP on tier 4 and 5). Harper is good too so lots of ways of doing it, but you want at least 3 monk for Advanced ninja training and a couple of ranger for deepwood's improved weapon finesse, ideally spend 16 in halfling for improved threat with thrower and you are good.

I heartily recommend active attacks like Sniper shot, leg shot etc. since with IPS the effect is insane. ranger gives so many good feats up to level 6 anyway that it is handy, and the core of deepwood at 12 is supposed to give another 10 rp. Maybe 12 deepwood, 3 monk, 5 rogue or something similar, all will be stretching AP to the max.

I thought one of the monk tree's included the bow as its sub listed under any weapon that a monk can remain centered with via zen archery.

IlmerSilverhilt
01-26-2016, 05:04 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/Helplessness_zpsusbx9jwh.png
Alternate enhancements for more helplessness damage.

IlmerSilverhilt
06-07-2016, 01:10 AM
I tried the new Kensei enhancements, but decided they were not for this build. I dont think Strike with no Thought (lvl6 core) stacks with Shadow Arrows crit multi from AA Tree, so at the moment Im running with 20 AP Elf, 41 AP AA & 19 AP Harper. I am working towards a 4 (maybe 5) piece LGS item-set, so equipment is a bit different as Im wearing 3 pieces. That means Ive lost some nice effects, but maybe I can augment those later (slots are beginning to look sparse though, due to LGS :)). I could/should do a Lesser Reincarnation and move the Wis raise and enhancement to Dex instead. Id rather have 1 more damage full time, than 2rp 10K stars... But thats minor and Im lazy and also a bit worried I cant get skill pts to fit like they do now, Im missing 0.5-1 pt in the planner iirc :P

I also started to think about Scion feats... With Manyshot I have 197% doublestrike, but could push it past 200 with Astral Plane. I have no idea how that matches up to Arborea which I have now.

Thats it for now, will update OP with stats and gear once its done. Have fun!

Ilmer

unbongwah
06-07-2016, 09:12 AM
I dont think Strike with no Thought (lvl6 core) stacks with Shadow Arrows crit multi from AA Tree
They don't stack - or rather, they wouldn't if everything was WAI - but according to the KIL (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues), elf AA tree is still bugged: "The Shadow Arrows bonus to critical damage multiplier is not triggering correctly for the Elven Arcane Archer." So you might want to run some DPS tests w/ and w/out SwNT.

IlmerSilverhilt
12-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Updated OP, mostly gear changes and the following edit of stats, HP, SP etc. Still havent surpassed my 100k crit as Im missing a crit multi... Hope it gets fixed soon 8)

Ilmer

Dalcron
12-16-2018, 04:55 PM
Updated OP, mostly gear changes and the following edit of stats, HP, SP etc. Still havent surpassed my 100k crit as Im missing a crit multi... Hope it gets fixed soon 8)

Ilmer

I've come back to the game after many years being gone. Been trying to find decent builds that still work, and it is tough to know since I really don't know all the ins and outs of the game anymore.

IlmerSilverhilt
12-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Hey Dalcron, thx for asking... Im not using this build anymore because Im running racial lives and this build has to be elf! But its a build I will be coming back to when Im done TRing 8)

Its stilll viable but could maybe be tweaked a little. Now with Falconry tree coming out for favor, I think Ill try a wisdom version just for fun. As a furyshotter its important to have the crit multi's Monk fire stance, Shadow Arrows, Overwhelming Crit & one of the Elasticity bows if you can find, new Chaosbow is sweet! The thing I like with the fighter version is the many feats youll have.

Cheers!

Dalcron
01-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Hey Dalcron, thx for asking... Im not using this build anymore because Im running racial lives and this build has to be elf! But its a build I will be coming back to when Im done TRing 8)

Its stilll viable but could maybe be tweaked a little. Now with Falconry tree coming out for favor, I think Ill try a wisdom version just for fun. As a furyshotter its important to have the crit multi's Monk fire stance, Shadow Arrows, Overwhelming Crit & one of the Elasticity bows if you can find, new Chaosbow is sweet! The thing I like with the fighter version is the many feats youll have.

Cheers!

Cool. If I can get a +1 heart, I'm thinking of trying out an iconic elf and trying the falconry tree for hit and damage.

Dalcron
01-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Cool. If I can get a +1 heart, I'm thinking of trying out an iconic elf and trying the falconry tree for hit and damage.

Well starting an Iconic Sun Elf is a bust. They don't get the +to hit and damage with bows. :(

IlmerSilverhilt
01-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Well starting an Iconic Sun Elf is a bust. They don't get the +to hit and damage with bows. :(

If it is just the dmg line in racial thats holding you back, Id advise you to just live with it... You can make a fine iconic elf, I think, just take the 14 pts to get AA in racial tree. If your endgame build is an archer you might want ranger or monk heavier builds for the PL.

Ilmer

Dalcron
01-13-2019, 09:34 AM

Cheers!

IlmerSiverhilt,

Quick question. With a build that includes monk, how can you stay centered and use an anarchic weapon? Wouldn't that take you out of being centered, thereby losing many of the benefits of being a monk? If nothing else, you'd be taking neg level effectively shooting yourself in the foot that way.

Dalcron

IlmerSilverhilt
01-13-2019, 12:13 PM
You stay centered, but youre right that I get a neg lvl, I just live with it... The benefits are better I think

IlmerSilverhilt
02-12-2019, 05:49 AM
The Kighter
Elf Fighter 12 Monk 6 Paladin 2
Lawful Good

Build Features:
Depends on gear/Epic Destiny:
80+ KI/Concentration (4x10K stars)
106 Ranged Power
100 PRR
1500+ HP
500+ SP
60ish Saves
40+ UMD
27% Dodge with Haste
77% Doubleshot
226RP 197%DS Manyshots in FotW
140RP 107%DS 10k stars in FotW

This is Ilmer, my Monkcher. He has been getting a lot of love over the years, in the form of various beneficial pastlives. I like this build better than the standard Monkchers, so decided I would share... Ilmer is a very old character hailing from EU server Keeper. He has always been a hybrid (both melee & ranged), but this time I went all out ranged. He has some good tomes, but they arent really needed for this build (exept for epic toughness). For a 32 pt version, I would drop int and if you dont have the tomes, pick something else than eToughness. His twists are at a low tier, so I would imagine it could work without all the epic lives, if you are just starting out. His gear is almost complete, but I plan to change the quiver out for DoJ speed boots, and maybe put GS in the cloak slot. That would give me a good KI score again. Think thats all for now, comments, questions & critique is always welcome...

Redid gear, no longer room for GS sp boots and went with Mysterious Cloak, but 600ish sp is fine I think. Changed a feat for Doubleshot.

Tested Scion of the Astral Plane for more Doubleshot (200+ for 4 arrows), but in reality it happens so rarely that I switched back to Arborea. Also finished 5 pc Ender & 3 pc Slavers sets. Elven Shadow Arrows is still bugged so Im down x1 crit multiplier, could make it up with some Kensei enhancements, but Ill just live without for now...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/101_zpshn8cw68n.jpg
^^Above is my highest crit. Made before LGS/Slavers set with a working crit multi...

Stats:
Str 08
Dex 16 + Levels
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 16 + 1 Level
Cha 08

Feats:
01 Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus : Ranged
02 Zen Archery
03 Rapid Shot, Follower of the Silver Flame
04 Precision
05 Precise Shot
06 Past Life : Paladin
09 Manyshot, Weapon Specialization : Ranged
12 Improved Critical : Ranged, Ten Thousand Stars
14 Improved Precise Shot
15 Master of Forms
16 Greater Weapon Focus : Ranged
18 Past Life : Rogue, Weapon Focus : Thrown
20 Greater Weapon Specialization : Ranged
21 Overwhelming Critical
24 Combat Archery
26 Toughness
27 Epic Toughness
28 Doubleshot
29 Dreamscape
30 Weapon Specialization : Thrown
30 Scion of Arborea
Level order: F,M,P,M,F,M,F,M,F,M,F,M,P,F,F,F,F,F,F,F.

Skills:
Max Concentration, Heal, UMD11, Tumble1

Enhancements:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/Mads_Leth/enhancements_zpschrbfyyq.png
Elf: 20 points.

Arcane Archer (Elf): 41 points.

Harper Agent: 19 points

Epic destiny:
Fury of the Wild
Primal Scream (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Acute Instincts (3/3)
Damage Reduction (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Constitution (1/1)
Sense Weakness (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Fury Eternal (1/1)
Unbridled Fury (1/1)

or

Epic destiny:
Legendary Dreadnought
Extra Action Boost (2/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Action Boost: Damage (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Critical Damage (3/3)
Constitution (1/1)
Constitution (1/1)
Advancing Blows (1/1)
Devastating Critical (1/1)
Master's Blitz Resistance (1/1)
Pulverizer (1/1)

Twists:
Pierce the Gloom
Damage Boost
Pin
Enlightenment
Rejuvenation Cocoon

Gear Set:
Weapons: ToEE Elemental Longbows, Legendary Affirmation, Draconic Reinvigoration
Armor: Epic Etched Temple Robe (+11/Lesser Displacement/150% Fortification/30% Acid Absorbtion/Resistance12/Elemental Evil Set Bonus) +1 Eldritch AC ritual
Goggles: LGS (Material/Opposition/Air)
Helm: Legendary Executioner's Helm (Insightful Deception7/Relentless Fury/Seeker17/Quality Combat Mastery4)
Neck: Necklace of Mystic Eidolons (+4 Insightful Dexterity/+4 Insightful Constitution/Augment Summoning/Eidolon Summons/Deathblock/Ghostly), LGS (Material/Opposition/Fire) for Ender
Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (Litany of the DeadII-Ability Bonus/Litany of the DeadII-Combat Bonus/Taint of Evil/Light of Dawn)
Cloak: LGS (Material/Opposition/Positive)
Belt: LGS (Material/Opposition/Earth)
Ring: Legendary Ring of Prowess (Deadly14/Accuracy28/Ranged Power8/Meleee Power8)
Gloves: LGS (Material/Opposition/Negative)
Boots: Boots of Blessed Travels (Dodge12%/Quality Armor Mastery2/Speed15/Freedom of Movement/Insightful Reflex3)
Ring: Legendary Five Rings (Sheltering45/Positive185/Heal22/Quality PRR11)
Bracers: Legendary Shackles (Dexterity17/Deception14/Concentration22/Quality Dexterity4) +1 Eldritch Saves ritual
Quiver: Epic Dynamistic Quiver (Doubleshot8%/Ranged Power +4)
Augments: Power250, False Life40, Globe of True Imperial Blood, Good Luck2, Str8, Cha8, Festive Int, Festive Wis, Con7, Wis7

Final Stats:
Str29: 08 Base, +5 Tome, +8 Augment, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship, +3 Stance
Dex66: 16 Base, +5 Tome, +21 Item, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship, +4 Insightful, +9 Enhancement, +6 Level
Con41: 16 Base, +5 Tome, +7 Augment, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship, +4 Insightful, +4 Destiny
Int24: 12 Base, +5 Tome, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship, +2 Festive
Wis34: 16 Base, +5 Tome, +7 Augment, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship, +2 Festive, +1 Level, -2 Stance
Cha26: 08 Base, +5 Tome, +8 Augment, +1 Exeptional, +2 Profane, +2 Ship

HP:
288 Base
450 Constitution Bonus
304 Feat Bonus
163 Enchanted Bonus
361 HP Adjustment
1566 TOTAL

SP:
0 Base
132 Ability Bonus
145 Feat Bonus
275 Enchanted Bonus
552 TOTAL

Fort/Reflex/Will Saves:
21/14/14 Base
15/28/12 Ability Modifier
12/08/08 Feat Bonus
21/24/20 Enchanted Bonus
69/74/54 TOTAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaYzuQdm3Rc

Gonna update OP with a current version of the build, this is an archive of the original build.

IlmerSilverhilt
03-05-2019, 02:27 AM
WOW! Falconer has been so much fun to level. Made it to lvl30, and even though I didnt gear/spec for it, the paralyzing arrows have been some nice CC along the way.
His gear set isnt the best due to LGS (missing aug slots), so I dont have Dodge or MRR currently... Ill wait for Sharn to regear, but maybe Ill cut back on the Ender set and only use for certain situations.
I made my best crit yet with this build, but maybe I can push it past 200k when I finish my Chaosbow - that would be fun! Ill fill out the rest of the build post soon.

Any comment, questions or such is welcome, have fun guys! 8)

Ilmer

Dalcron
03-14-2019, 06:46 PM
WOW! Falconer has been so much fun to level. Made it to lvl30, and even though I didnt gear/spec for it, the paralyzing arrows have been some nice CC along the way.
His gear set isnt the best due to LGS (missing aug slots), so I dont have Dodge or MRR currently... Ill wait for Sharn to regear, but maybe Ill cut back on the Ender set and only use for certain situations.
I made my best crit yet with this build, but maybe I can push it past 200k when I finish my Chaosbow - that would be fun! Ill fill out the rest of the build post soon.

Any comment, questions or such is welcome, have fun guys! 8)

Ilmer

So what was your new best crit now?

IlmerSilverhilt
03-15-2019, 12:53 AM
I updated the OP, best crit is 195k!

C-Dog
03-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Holy Sword I never tried, but seems too op for me 8)
I can read these words, and yet... I cannot make sense of them. :confused:

IlmerSilverhilt
03-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Im not sure what I meant either :P but Holy Sword is no longer as good as it used to be, but my brother is still using it on his elven 14 cleric 6 monk furyshotter

janave
03-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Best crits/hit count on raid bosses?

Seems like your numbers are fairly close to what i had, except i dont boost helpless further than 95%, there are too few targets where it is useful and not overshot, eg: totems in baba.

IlmerSilverhilt
03-18-2019, 11:04 AM
yesterday I hit Nythrikos in Killing time for 75k, no archers focus Baba Ive hit for 50k (not 19-20)

Yamani
03-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Few thing's id recommend: First Wood Elf > Elf. Although it needs a few more AP into elven tree you can actually get essentially 100% doubleshot with wood elf. Without any filigree's giving doubleshot I have standing 99.94%. Wood elf is also a bit more leniant on the bows you can use as in its single selection for both longbow/shortbow. Second: Would be the deconstructor augment. It gives armor destruction, adamantine weapon, and rust damage to warforged (There will be constructs in sharn! I think they said about 25% of the mobs are warforged.)

Also nice crits the highest I've seen so far on baba is approx 95k

IlmerSilverhilt
03-19-2019, 03:58 AM
Nice tip about wood elf. I actually thought about trying Mass Frog for fun when running something like Baba, that would hurt my doubleshot but can still get just over 200% manyshots. Would also require item swap-in :) And 95k on Baba is pretty amazing!