PDA

View Full Version : What are good things to buy from DDO store for VIP account

GamerttBone
09-01-2015, 02:00 PM
The extra space in banking or character inventory seem good

Stat boosts? Was going to wait until a stat boost pushes my bonus up (no reason boosting str to keep the same +3 bonus imo). I did get a Wis boost so I could cast spells.

Exp Tomes? Do these work on every quest? Seems like a lot of points ... not sure if worth it.

Are the expansions MotU or Shadowfell for lower level chars? My highest is currently a level 4 paladin but I seem to level pretty quickly. The expacs seem to also come with skill boost and exp boost items.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bennum
09-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Tomes, Bank/ Inventory Space, Astral Shards and for me personally Cosmetics and the rarer Augments like the Ruby Eyes.

Bennum
09-01-2015, 02:08 PM

Stat boosts? Was going to wait until a stat boost pushes my bonus up (no reason boosting str to keep the same +3 bonus imo). I did get a Wis boost so I could cast spells.

Exp Tomes? Do these work on every quest? Seems like a lot of points ... not sure if worth it.

Are the expansions MotU or Shadowfell for lower level chars? My highest is currently a level 4 paladin but I seem to level pretty quickly. The expacs seem to also come with skill boost and exp boost items.

Both Expansions are generally for higher level chars (15-28ish) btw. Sorry I missed that in first response. And XP Tomes are awesome!

phalaeo
09-02-2015, 08:27 AM
XP tomes, Shared/Personal Bank Space, and for spellcasters who TR a lot.... Omnispell Dust. I always thought it was cheese, but it's really handy.
And an Augment Bag if you don't have one.

Yes, the XP tomes apply for everything, and they do stack. They are permanent and last through any TR/LRing.

Lonnbeimnech
09-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Usually vips **** away their points on things like res cakes, xp pots astral shards, hearts of wood and teleport wands. Then complain that they still have to pay for the 2 expansions, instead of saving up their free vip points and buying the expansions with those.

If it was me, I would save them. They don't expire.

edit: they also usually stop paying for vip at some point but continue to play, and then complain that they dont have access to most of the content/races/classes and don't have any points to buy them either.

oldkraft2
09-02-2015, 08:57 AM
inv slots
bank slots
crafting ingr. bank deposit
some astral shards that you will rarely 'need', but carry a stack anyway
artificer class - the ingame way to that is heavy and need you to uphold a 'favor carrier char' to use it.
level 1 hires to stand on plates in a few circumstances 5tp pr, hire...
thats about it i think ...

unbongwah
09-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Are the expansions MotU or Shadowfell for lower level chars?
MotU is epic-only; Shadowfell includes both heroic & epic versions of its quests.

See also what I wrote in this post (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464910-Worth-coming-back-as-F2P-VIP-status?p=5681005&viewfull=1#post5681005).

Stoner81
09-05-2015, 10:14 AM

Bank slots and inventory slots are always nice especially for your main character/s, couple this with Shared Bank so you can pass Bound To Account (BTA) items to other characters you may have or want to make in the future.

Stat boosts like tomes are very very nice since they are a permanent addition to your character, they persist through all forms of reincarnation and are re-applied once once you reach the right levels.

XP tomes are simply awesome especially for people who TR a lot since the XP needed to get from level 1 to level 20 goes up to a maximum of 3.8 million XP so these boosts make that a lot easier. If you don't plan on TR'ing (True Reincarnation) and/or you have lots of alts then these might be a bit of a waste at that present time, so I would hold off on these until you really know what you want to do.

Both expansions are crazy good value for money since they go on sale around Cyber Monday / Thanksgiving time, so if you are looking at those as a possible purchase then wait for those sales and buy them through the DDO Market and not the DDO Store in game.

I think that answers your questions for the most part :) I am VIP myself and have been the entire time I have been playing the game (except for a single month). In that time I have bought all the Shared Bank upgrades, all Platinum Vault upgrades, +7 tomes for my main character, most of the Shared Crafting Storage. various sized bags for a couple of characters, the Artificer class and a few other things that have skipped my mind at the moment.

Stoner81.

TrinityTurtle
09-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Character slots if you have altitis and want more than 10 characters, which can happen if you want to try out all the classes, there are currently 14 classes.

For the extremetly lazy they can use them to buy the various hearts of wood, but getting the tokens and heart seeds just questing is very easy.

Expansions to the shared item, crafting bank, and platinum bank are good.

The xp tomes apply to ever quest in perpetuity of that characters existence, and persist through tr.

Some people enjoy the fate tomes to have slightly higher level abilities twisted in than is possible without them.

Cosmetics are nice if you are tired of being unable to tell your character from the group of others easily in raids, and they are tied to slots not instead of items, so are reusable and bound to account so can be swapped around. Cosmetic pets are fun too if you enjoy a little visual customization. There are also hair options. None of these are critical must haves, but they can be nice to look at something different for a while.

Some vips use them for consumables, like mana pots or heal pots, but it's on the rarer side, most people learn to manage every last hp and sp pretty efficiently as they go.

Emergency res cakes sometimes come in handy if you don't want to spend the time restarting the quest, but it's a convenience not a necessity.