PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Thursday, August 20th

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cordovan
08-19-2015, 04:28 PM
LATEST: The game worlds have reopened! We thank you for your patience during this extended downtime.

UPDATE: The worlds have been shut down while we investigate a bug that arose shortly after reopening the worlds. We expect the game worlds to remain unavailable until late this afternoon, Eastern time, and will keep you updatd.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 20th from 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Here are the Release Notes for the Update 27 Patch 1 Hotfix:

News and Notes:

Combat

Melee and Ranged Power now work properly when they are brought into negative numbers. For example, -50 Melee Power now means you deal 100/150, or 2/3rd, or 66% less damage based on our standard Negative Melee Power formula of 100 / (100 - Power). -100 Melee Power means you deal half damage, etc.

Enhancements

Fixed an issue that caused the Warlock Soul Eater's Strickened Soul enhancement reduce Melee, Ranged, and Spell Power by far more than described.
Soul Eater's Inhuman Nature now increases Consume and Stricken damage by the proper amount.

Hirelings

Artificer Iron Defenders, Druid Wolf Companions, Onyx Panthers and Owlbear Defenders have been ordered to end their "we won't attack anything" strike.

Items

Fixed an issue that could cause characters to get multiple copies of certain effects, causing "lag" when that character was examined.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Trials of the Archons

Defiler of the Just

The layout of the raid area has been significantly adjusted.
Abishai Executioners now have a smaller enemy detection area.

Demon Assault

Kerchac will no longer teleport.
Kerchac will no longer knock players out of the Boss area.
Players will no longer be able to get stuck between the gate and the teleport portal near the end boss.

slarden
08-19-2015, 04:42 PM

Looks promising, but since the last patch was called patch 1 I suggest calling this patch 2 to avoid confusion.

Cordovan
08-19-2015, 04:48 PM
Looks promising, but since the last patch was called patch 1 I suggest calling this patch 2 to avoid confusion.

Initially I did write it as patch 2, but in the office here it's being called 27.1.1, so I'm trying to be consistent.

ComicRelief
08-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Initially I did write it as patch 2, but in the office here it's being called 27.1.1, so I'm trying to be consistent.

So...Patch 1.1?
;)

UurlockYgmeov
08-19-2015, 05:21 PM
SWEET! release notes!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57781563.jpg

and they be early!!!!

EllisDee37
08-19-2015, 05:30 PM
That's a pretty juicy hotfix. Thanks much for the early release notes.

Sgt_Hart
08-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Just want to say: "Pleased to know what I'm getting, instead of a big old box of mystery." Carry on.

slarden
08-19-2015, 05:50 PM

Ah ok. Thank you.

Gauthaag
08-19-2015, 06:18 PM
thanks for info

skaught78
08-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Artificer Iron Defenders, Druid Wolf Companions, Onyx Panthers and Owlbear Defenders have been ordered to end their "we won't attack anything" strike.

I h ope the meetings with Union reps went well...

hunzi2010
08-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Ahhh ****...
The day I start my long weekend.......
Everytime.
maybe I need to post in advance when im having leave....
grrrrrr.

Gratch
08-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Items

Fixed an issue that could cause characters to get multiple copies of certain effects, causing "lag" when that character was examined.

I can examine peeps again. Woot.

Are warlocks still blasting a packet burst at the server when starting up their EBlasts or was that fixed by patch 1?

Vyrzain
08-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Any chance to get the “Locus of Vol” to work again in Crafting?

Fingers crossed this is a quick flag for said item so we can again create a Shard of Vampirism by the weekend : )

From the post….

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464234-Shard-of-Vampirism___why-cannot-I-Craft-it

Oxarhamar
08-19-2015, 11:51 PM
Hirelings

[/LIST]

Can we get a command to make hirelings not attack anything because, we need it.

LrdSlvrhnd
08-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Can we get a command to make hirelings not attack anything because, we need it.

Yes. It's called "Don't summon the hireling". May also be called "put on Passive mode" but results there may vary...

(Now, if you'd asked about a commands to make HEALER hires not attack anything while still healing, that I could get behind...)

raeslys
08-20-2015, 06:40 AM
Ty for the jobs, but are you planning to fix the final reward of the new package (Trials of the Archons)? And a name item every 3 runs could be fine too.

sudzz
08-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Ty for the jobs, but are you planning to fix the final reward of the new package (Trials of the Archons)? And a name item every 3 runs could be fine too.

/signed getting really fed up with getting a list of ml14 items for having just run through on epic elite and holding off on my 20th chain because I really don't want a list of ml14 named items or worse another list of ml14 vendor trash, please get this fixed as it shows badly on the rewards for effort put in.

Flavilandile
08-20-2015, 07:15 AM

Try to nag them to stay to Update.Patch and to stop adding numbers after that.

I have to deal every day with things like 12.1.1.8p7 or 13.2.118.6.139p8.
And it's not even how they are commercially called... 12.1 CP06 EP07 for the first one, and 14A CP02 EP6 for the second...
unless you have noted the what internal number means to the outer world somewhere you're utterly lost....

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 07:45 AM
I look forward to testing out the owlbear hireling. I just considered that thing an expensive companion that didn't do any tricks.

Nestroy
08-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Hi Cordo,

thx for the timely post and all that. Any info if the server hickups from Wayfinder (idk if other servers had the same issues) - freezes where only the mobs can act, not we players, running forward only to get teleported back and so on - will vanish back to where they came from after U27.1?

Thx for info.

cru121
08-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi Cordo,

thx for the timely post and all that. Any info if the server hickups from Wayfinder (idk if other servers had the same issues) - freezes where only the mobs can act, not we players, running forward only to get teleported back and so on - will vanish back to where they came from after U27.1?

Thx for info.

http://www.retroland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Magic-8-Ball.jpg

Dimwhit1
08-20-2015, 08:19 AM
So this downtime is in addition to the downtime list night when I could never get on? :)

Vellrad
08-20-2015, 08:23 AM
Obligatory are we there yet question.

Where are that time zone converters for lazy people?

cru121
08-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Obligatory are we there yet question.

Where are that time zone converters for lazy people?

We're about halfway through the official time.
If you're logged into google and it knows your location (and it probably does..), you can paste the time into your browser and it'll spit out time in your timezone.

Search Results
11:00 AM Thursday, Eastern Time (ET) is
5:00 PM Thursday, in Bratislava, Slovakia

https://www.google.com/search?q=11-00-AM-Eastern

Shavron
08-20-2015, 08:31 AM
There really should be a downtime ready page like the one in the last thread.
So we need like 1 hour or so?

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Hi Cordo,

Thx for info.

Never happen.

The mobs and instances are run from the game servers at Turbine.

When you are losing connection/connectivity issues/ or lose connection it takes up to a couple minutes for the disconnect to get to the game servers, so the mobs still think you are logged in and behaving normalling which means wailing on your character as it just stands there.

Think of this, when you login your friends know you logged in, your character is on screen, BUT you still are on a loading screen because YOUR system is waiting for all the t's to be crossed and i's to be dotted before you see the instance.

Kurr
08-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Looks like the worlds are up! Get in there, LOL!

rmi
08-20-2015, 08:47 AM
So, did you get to fix the deception on Strange Tidings?

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 09:01 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Forums login successful.

Game login successful although that logon server took longer than I was comfortable with.

Vellrad
08-20-2015, 09:05 AM
logged in, lost all tome bonuses.

gonna see if relog helps.

oh, game crashed while i was typing this post.

cru121
08-20-2015, 09:06 AM

same here. nice.

genneko
08-20-2015, 09:07 AM
seems to miss the effect of all stat tomes. is that WAI?

PpalP
08-20-2015, 09:10 AM
me too : (

Sisma
08-20-2015, 09:11 AM
seems to miss the effect of all stat tomes. is that WAI?

Clearly not.

btolson
08-20-2015, 09:16 AM

gonna see if relog helps.

oh, game crashed while i was typing this post.

Well, that's a showstopper. No way in **** am I logging in to any other characters, in case this turns out to be permanent.

Just take the servers down until you figure this out.

Sanader
08-20-2015, 09:18 AM
WTS +1 tomes, 100 shards each. Be first to get your ability bonuses you lost!

Vellrad
08-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Error): This world will be shutting down in 9 seconds! Please log out!

Sisma
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
WTS +1 tomes, 100 shards each. Be first to get your ability bonuses you lost!

Lmao!

Actually it would be interesting to see if getting a new tome would give a toon the inherent bonus he lost, or it's just a (non permanent, I hope) bug that wiped out all inherent bonuses in game...

DarigTheLost
08-20-2015, 09:22 AM
heh, all worlds closed

Laoshifeng
08-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Some info on what is going on would be appreciated Cordovan!

Saaluta
08-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Worlds going down again as tomes are not being applied to anyone.

Saal :)

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 09:24 AM
The worlds have been shut down temporarily while we investigate an issue with ability tomes. We will communicate further soon.

sudzz
08-20-2015, 09:26 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

You tease sirrah, the worlds just came back down.......................................

wolfx42
08-20-2015, 09:26 AM
tome of learning gone to

cru121
08-20-2015, 09:27 AM
The worlds have been shut down temporarily while we investigate an issue with ability tomes. We will communicate further soon.

Also, skill tomes. Haven't checked Tomes of exp and tomes of fate...

Sisma
08-20-2015, 09:27 AM
From now on, I'll call this hotfix
"Whoops, missed that!"

I was just wondering what miracle got this downtime almost 1 hour shorter than expected... Need to learn to keep my mouth shut...

mpetrarca
08-20-2015, 09:28 AM
fix one thing, brake another.

mkmcgw17
08-20-2015, 09:29 AM
UPDATE: The worlds have been shut down while we investigate a bug that arose shortly after reopening the worlds. We will have more information soon.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 20th from 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

News and Notes:

Combat

Melee and Ranged Power now work properly when they are brought into negative numbers. For example, -50 Melee Power now means you deal 100/150, or 2/3rd, or 66% less damage based on our standard Negative Melee Power formula of 100 / (100 - Power). -100 Melee Power means you deal half damage, etc.

Enhancements

Fixed an issue that caused the Warlock Soul Eater's Strickened Soul enhancement reduce Melee, Ranged, and Spell Power by far more than described.
Soul Eater's Inhuman Nature now increases Consume and Stricken damage by the proper amount.

Hirelings

Items

Quests and Adventure Areas

Trials of the Archons

Defiler of the Just

The layout of the raid area has been significantly adjusted.
Abishai Executioners now have a smaller enemy detection area.

Demon Assault

Kerchac will no longer teleport.
Kerchac will no longer knock players out of the Boss area.
Players will no longer be able to get stuck between the gate and the teleport portal near the end boss.

So I woke up this morning logged on and thought hurray they got done early and started a quest. Half way through with no notice the server is shutting down in 19 seconds. I tried to log off not sure if I made it sure hope my toon isn't screwed. Might want to give more warning next time and if my toon is screwed up u just lost a paying customer of six years if u don't make it right.

Sisma
08-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Ok, I get it... someone's just erased every single "tome" word in game... highlight one, apply all... little mistake!

Augon
08-20-2015, 09:32 AM
I just tried to log in and my antivirus software detected turbinelauncher.exe was infected with gen.variant.kazy virus and promptly deleted the launcher.

Has anyone else had a virus warning on your launcher this morning?

Curious about my tomes, I tried to log in on my other computer and it says the worlds are all closed.

Archaos
08-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Seriously, how is it possible tomes are related in any way shape whatsoever to the changes within this hotfix?

The mind boggles as to either how the code is designed, how reckless the programmers are, or how little we are really informed as to what happens in any update.

The official changes in this update are:

Melee power algorithm
Warlock enhancement
Hirelings
Examination lag
Some quests

I simply cant imaging how static database look up information like character tomes can be affected.

mpetrarca
08-20-2015, 09:35 AM
I just tried to log in and my antivirus software detected turbinelauncher.exe was infected with gen.variant.kazy virus and promptly deleted the launcher.

Has anyone else had a virus warning on your launcher this morning?

I use Avast and it gave me no message.

oweieie
08-20-2015, 09:39 AM
My stat and XP tomes were working fine, don't know about skill.

Belgarath22
08-20-2015, 09:39 AM
All seemed good when I logged, I didnt notice/look if I was missing tomes.. well luckily only logged 1 first life toon and still cant use the +5 tome I have..

Laoshifeng
08-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Have just run virus scan on all my turbine files with no issues detected if that helps set your mind at ease a little!

wolfx42
08-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Also, skill tomes. Haven't checked Tomes of exp and tomes of fate...

Tome EXP gone

countesscrow
I'm more than a little bit worried. I purchased 100 dollars worth of DDO store points. Bought what I wanted. It didn't ever show up in my inventory.....

Augon
I use Avast and it gave me no message.

Oddly enough, I use the same AV on both of my computers and one gave the virus warning and the other did not.

Grinn
08-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Woke up this morning
And my tomes were gone
The hotfix wiped them
There’s something wrong.
I woke up this morning
And my Learning’s fried
Levelling’s gonna suck now
Sat down and cried.

No apologies to the original song.:p

Henky
08-20-2015, 09:44 AM
When I logged in after the hotfix, I noticed that my char had 640HP instead of 690 at level 25. Checked my con+false life item, correct. Checked the character sheet to see tomes and the +4 tome was there, but maybe it wasn't applying, because a +4 tome at level 25 are exactly the 50HP that my char is missing.

Augon
08-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Have just run virus scan on all my turbine files with no issues detected if that helps set your mind at ease a little!

Thanks

Actually, my mind is pretty much at ease. Viruses don't freak me out, I remove them for a living. Kazy is more of a spyware/adware type thing than a nasty data eating virus.
Although, I was wondering if it suddenly got a taste for Tomes.

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 09:47 AM
I decided to compound more issues this morning.

I installed a brand spanking new out of the box cable modem.

Broke everything but I got it back up and I have asked my son to test out the wireless on his devices, so far, he has no problems other than needing the password(again!) My wife might have some excitement when she gets home from the work trip to lovely Oklahoma.

I have had no virus problems or warnings from my machines.

I was able to login to the game on all the machines. Then promptly Turbine logged me right out!!

I have one bathroom almost cleaned and washed the sinkfull of dishes. The dishwasher is roaring right along.

Kurr
Somewhere there is a dev with a full load in their shorts, frantically looking for a restore point!

Cordovan
As players have noticed, tome benefits were not applying upon login after we opened the worlds this morning. We have now brought down the game worlds while we resolve this issue.

We will be rolling back character data so that this bug does not have an impact on characters, and will be putting together a new build that we expect to be released later this afternoon. Characters will have their tome benefits back when they log in later today, and those who already updated their game clients will just need to patch to the new build.

If we were to only roll back character data then reopen the worlds, players who had already updated their game clients would have had to re-download the game, which is why we are leaving the game down until we get our new build ready to deploy.

We apologize for today's issues.

PNellesen
08-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Seriously, how is it possible tomes are related in any way shape whatsoever to the changes within this hotfix?
The official changes in this update are:
Examination lag

I'm leaning toward it being something to do with that...

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Would it be possible to address issues, install updates, patches, hot fixes... one world at a time? that way all could log on "alts" to appease their addiction while their "main" unavailable... and is lamina up during downtimes?

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 09:50 AM
As players have noticed, tome benefits were not applying upon login after we opened the worlds this morning. We have now brought down the game worlds while we resolve this issue.

We will be rolling back character data so that this bug does not have an impact on characters, and will be putting together a new build that we expect to be released later this afternoon. Characters will have their tome benefits back when they log in later today, and those who already updated their game clients will just need to patch to the new build.

If we were to only roll back character data then reopen the worlds, players who had already updated their game clients would have had to re-download the game, which is why we are leaving the game down until we get our new build ready to deploy.

so how much longer is all anyone cares to know...

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Would it be possible to address issues, instals updates, patches, hot fixes... one world at a time? that way all could log on "alts" to appease their addiction while their "main" unavailable... and is lamina up during downtimes?

Sorry, no. It takes time to compile a build, stage it, then check it out and make sure it is ready to deploy, etc. When that process is done, we will then be ready to apply it, do another round of checks, and reopen the worlds.

Laoshifeng
08-20-2015, 09:52 AM
So does that mean I lose the loot I got in the short time that the worlds were up?

oweieie
08-20-2015, 09:52 AM
We will be rolling back character data

Used my gold roll, ate the XP. Shards aren't character data, XP is. Lovely. Also the quests I did. *sigh* Turbined.

DDOKillingMachine
08-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Somehow, this is because the release notes were up before the patch was put in. I don't know the how, but gosh darn it, it has to be related!

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 09:54 AM
We are currently expecting to have the worlds reopened late this afternoon, Eastern time. We will of course keep you updated.

In regard to the "how": This bug is a halo effect of work done to fix so-called "examination lag", which was being caused by specific effects not properly cleaning themselves up upon item switching and log in. Essentially, characters were having these effects stack up to the point that it was causing a game performance issue. For the specific characters, it would manifest as taking a long time to log in, and "lag" for the instance when being examined.

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 09:55 AM
So does that mean I lose the loot I got in the short time that the worlds were up?

Yes.

btolson
08-20-2015, 09:58 AM

Question: If I removed something from my shared bank or mail into my character's inventory, and my character gets rolled back, can I assume the item(s) from shared bank and mail will be permanently gone? Or are you rolling back shared bank/mail data as well?

countesscrow
08-20-2015, 10:00 AM
It's not really that hard. Just reverse your patch so players can play again. There was nothing game breaking before it. Then work on updates. Try again when things are fixed properly.

Archaos
08-20-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm leaning toward it being something to do with that...

Examination looks at character effects, or buffs.

Character tomes are permanent and do not show up in examination. They persist through reincarnation. It takes 15 seconds or whatever to read a tome, and rightly so due to its permanent effect.

The two are and should be fundamentally different components of the game engine.

The mind boggles.

Ohboyo
08-20-2015, 10:01 AM
If I bought a +6 supreme ability tome for my main during the short uptime, am I screwed out of that tome and the 6000 tp?

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 10:02 AM

Yuppers!!

BigGoettge
08-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Errhhmm....

I just sorted out most of my bank and cache

Will all that work be lost too then?

Did it before the announced downtime 8am

Laoshifeng
08-20-2015, 10:03 AM
If I bought a +6 supreme ability tome for my main during the short uptime, am I screwed out of that tome and the 6000 tp?

Would assume not, but you should have a confirmation email of the purchase which should enable you to get it back if this does happen. I also made a store purchase during the uptime so feel your anxiety!

Sabreheim
08-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Ok so first the servers went to hell earlier on, and now the downtime is taking longer.
This in combination with the frequent lag spikes that the servers get (I know it's not just me due to chat comments), and I personally think that the community deserves some sort of compensation.
Maybe some free Turbine Points

enteriiblackwater
08-20-2015, 10:11 AM
What with last nights debacle and now this, it has not been a happy 12 hours in Boston :D

Ent

Sunnie
08-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Ok so first the servers went to hell earlier on, and now the downtime is taking longer.
This in combination with the frequent lag spikes that the servers get (I know it's not just me due to chat comments), and I personally think that the community deserves some sort of compensation.
You can have a picture of a cookie.

http://i.imgur.com/ebyseVS.jpg

Lolsrsly
08-20-2015, 10:12 AM
the downtime is until 11:00 (-4GMT) so why have you not opened the worlds by this time? been checking for an extension warning but there is none

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 10:13 AM

If anything purchased during the short window that the worlds were reopened are not there when the game worlds reopen, get in touch with our support folks and they'll get your issue resolved.

Question: If I removed something from my shared bank or mail into my character's inventory, and my character gets rolled back, can I assume the item(s) from shared bank and mail will be permanently gone? Or are you rolling back shared bank/mail data as well?

When the game worlds reopen, it'll be as if you never logged in this morning. We are rolling back game data as well, so this will not be an issue.

Arnhelm
Don't usually post here any more, but this is a major cluster, imo. How do you miss something this obvious in QA testing?

Archaos
We are currently expecting to have the worlds reopened late this afternoon, Eastern time. We will of course keep you updated.

In regard to the "how": This bug is a halo effect of work done to fix so-called "examination lag", which was being caused by specific effects not properly cleaning themselves up upon item switching and log in. Essentially, characters were having these effects stack up to the point that it was causing a game performance issue. For the specific characters, it would manifest as taking a long time to log in, and "lag" for the instance when being examined.

Appreciate the direct response and the willingness to address lag issues. Happy to wait a few hours for anything related to fixing game performance. Lets get it done and done right.

Lolsrsly

Maybe a raiders box ;)

tking123
Cordovan, before you guys took the game down you should have contacted me. Because the real reason for all the lag was too many dwarves weighing down the servers. You should have just left the game up, put all our chubby little friends on strict diets, gave them baths and all problems would have went away in about 3 weeks. No fuss no muss, a much needed better smell to the game, and no down time.

Fatimahajji
08-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Every day i look the forum.... its my first post in year of gaming because my english is very low
on my 3th toon with any Epic tr or Tr (i do no when) i lost a tome of Learning epic...
i have put a tiket day ago
but nothing
the tiken is open to 4 5 day and gam master dont tell me...
pls i want in back on Fatiii

Thks

Krelar
08-20-2015, 10:16 AM
It's not really that hard. Just reverse your patch so players can play again. There was nothing game breaking before it. Then work on updates. Try again when things are fixed properly.

He already addressed that.

DDOKillingMachine
08-20-2015, 10:18 AM
the downtime is until 11:00 (-4GMT) so why have you not opened the worlds by this time? been checking for an extension warning but there is none

UPDATE: The worlds have been shut down while we investigate a bug that arose shortly after reopening the worlds. We expect the game worlds to remain unavailable until late this afternoon, Eastern time, and will keep you updatd. It's right there in the very first post.

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Sorry, no. It takes time to compile a build, stage it, then check it out and make sure it is ready to deploy, etc. When that process is done, we will then be ready to apply it, do another round of checks, and reopen the worlds.

with the amount of money that many are paying for otto's boxes, xp elixirs, rez cakes (really?) supreme tomes and the such...you should have a p2p world you keep open for downtimes. just charge a membership fee...we would pay for it and there would be far fewer whiners, like myself, on the forums. the same people who pay above vip tp to get the ddo store items would again buy them for this limited server as well so it's a win, win, win!

Lolsrsly
08-20-2015, 10:21 AM
It's right there in the very first post.

I see, thanks.

Sanader
08-20-2015, 10:22 AM
When the game worlds reopen, it'll be as if you never logged in this morning. We are rolling back game data as well, so this will not be an issue.

Erm, how excatly do you mean "as if you never logged in this morning"?
As in, we are sorry that you played in the morning and did Fashion of madness chain, IQ chain and eye of titan chain, but you will have to do them again?

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 10:25 AM
the roll back will only be for the short time you reopened AFTER hotfail, i mean hotfix right? not entire morning as in prior to hotfail. i mean fix...

oweieie
08-20-2015, 10:26 AM
with the amount of money that many are paying for otto's boxes

There aren't "many" people paying. There are a handful of people. Those people may be paying a lot, but a few * a lot isn't all that much and it has to pay support; development; maintenance and running; testing; marketing; licensing; and management and still be enough left over to make a big enough profit to bother keeping it running.

sk3l3t0r

This sucks, I ran a few level 9 elites this morning before the patch update so I could level when the game worlds re-open...guess I will have to re-run them again. *sigh*

However, given the choice of re-running a few quests or losing my tomes...guess I'll choose getting my tomes restored seeing I did the 5k favour marathon last life for my +5 INT tome.

Cordovan
Erm, how excatly do you mean "as if you never logged in this morning"?
As in, we are sorry that you played in the morning and did Fashion of madness chain, IQ chain and eye of titan chain, but you will have to do them again?

Yes, which is why this kind of action is very rare. Unfortunately, the nature of today's issue required it.

Vellrad
with the amount of money that many are paying for otto's boxes, xp elixirs, rez cakes (really?) supreme tomes and the such...you should have a p2p world you keep open for downtimes. just charge a membership fee...we would pay for it and there would be far fewer whiners, like myself, on the forums. the same people who pay above vip tp to get the ddo store items would again buy them for this limited server as well so it's a win, win, win!

lol
just...
lol
no comment

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 10:27 AM
the roll back will only be for the short time you reopened AFTER hotfail, i mean hotfix right? not entire morning as in prior to hotfail. i mean fix...

Correct, from about the time we took the worlds down to the time we re-brought the worlds down post-hotfix.

Sanader
Oh thanks. Word morning made me confused since I'm in different timezone.

OrodelaSol
He already addressed that.

re-downloading the game would be quicker so what's the issue? other than another downtime followed by extended downtime...

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 10:29 AM
lol
just...
lol
no comment

fyi, that was a comment...just sayin'

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Yes, which is why this kind of action is very rare. Unfortunately, the nature of today's issue required it.

Whoa.

You mean anything that was run before the initial 8 AM shutdown?

or

do you mean once the worlds came back up, in that short time window, ALL OF THAT will have to be re-run?

Oh well, I guess I will find out either way.

I believe in my game career at DDO this is the third rollback in the eight years of my playing. Of course, those times when I went on vacations there could have been rollbacks I am not aware of.

Buddha5440
08-20-2015, 10:33 AM
For example, -50 Melee Power now means you deal 100/150, or 2/3rd, or 66% less damage based on our standard Negative Melee Power formula of 100 / (100 - Power). -100 Melee Power means you deal half damage, etc.

Shouldn't -50 Melee Power equate to 100/150, or 2/3, or 66% of damage or 1/3 or 33% less damage? They way it's written will make people think they are only going to be doing 1/3 their previous damage if they suffer a -50 to Melee Power.

Anyway, good luck on the tome fix. Not sure what caused it but it would be easy to miss it before releasing the patch as it's not something you would likely check since none of the changes should have affected tomes.

tking123
08-20-2015, 10:34 AM
What's so bad about a rollback? Walmart does it all the time and nobody complains about them.

Yunico
08-20-2015, 10:37 AM
What's so bad about a rollback? Walmart does it all the time and nobody complains about them.

well, I assume that (just like me) everyone just finished a ToEE EE and looted a +7 tome. Now that tome will be gone for me and everyone else!

Kurr
08-20-2015, 10:37 AM

I beg to differ:
http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/16/walmart-public-nuisance-indiana-mayor-declares/31818017/

Cleanincubus
08-20-2015, 10:38 AM
re-downloading the game would be quicker so what's the issue? other than another downtime followed by extended downtime...

Not all of us have super fast download speeds, that would make re-downloading the game the faster of the 2 options. Some of us do have fast download speeds, yet the game still takes forever to re-download (personally takes me 1.5-2 hours to download, with a 60/60 connection.) Add in everyone who installed the hotfix trying to re-download the game at the same time.

So surely it would be the faster option for some, to simply re-download the game. But for others it would take quite a while. IMO, the option they chose was the right one, in consideration for the majority of players.

Sunnie
Not everyone has a broadband connection and pays a flat amount per month no matter how much bandwidth they use. I do have that now, but there've been times when I didn't, and if I had to burn through half or more of my data volume to redownload the game I'd be kinda grumpy.

Buddha5440

People complain about Walmart ALL the time(and usually wrongfully so)...but yes, they don't complain about the rollbacks :)

RUB
08-20-2015, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't mind having something to do on my 28 cleric except pike

KnarlWood
08-20-2015, 10:41 AM

I must be fog brained today. Does this mean that since I updated the client just before the game should have been back up that I will need to re-download the client??

Sunnie
08-20-2015, 10:42 AM
I must be fog brained today. Does this mean that since I updated the client just before the game should have been back up that I will need to re-download the client??
No.

You will need to download a new patch once it goes live.

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 10:42 AM

No, this means that you do NOT have to re-download the client.

OrodelaSol
08-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Not all of us have super fast download speeds, that would make re-downloading the game the faster of the 2 options. Some of us do have fast download speeds, yet the game still takes forever to re-download (personally takes me 1.5-2 hours to download, with a 60/60 connection.) Add in everyone who installed the hotfix trying to re-download the game at the same time.

So surely it would be the faster option for some, to simply re-download the game. But for others it would take quite a while. IMO, the option they chose was the right one, in consideration for the majority of players.

again another instance of failed sarcasm...i was saying that if they didn't do what they are doing now they would need to do it later...and i have phone internet not cable so i know about slow internet issues believe me.

Cleanincubus
08-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Whoa.

or

do you mean once the worlds came back up, in that short time window, ALL OF THAT will have to be re-run?

I believe in my game career at DDO this is the third rollback in the eight years of my playing. Of course, those times when I went on vacations there could have been rollbacks I am not aware of.

Correct, from about the time we took the worlds down to the time we re-brought the worlds down post-hotfix.
So anything after the 8AM shutdown.

Vargouille
08-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Shouldn't -50 Melee Power equate to 100/150, or 2/3, or 66% of damage or 1/3 or 33% less damage? They way it's written will make people think they are only going to be doing 1/3 their previous damage if they suffer a -50 to Melee Power.

You are correct. -50 Melee Power means you deal 66% of normal damage, or 33% less.

wolfx42
08-20-2015, 10:46 AM
You got me going out of my mind You got me thinking I am wasting my time
Don't bring me down down down down

btolson
08-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Whoa.

or

Anything and Everything that occurred between ~10am EST (servers opening) and ~10:20am EST (server emergency downtime) will be wiped out, as if it never happened.

Belgarath22
08-20-2015, 10:52 AM
So that was about 1 minute total because it seemed like the worlds went up and then down again almost immediately.

Yeah I was happy to log in and 10 minutes later I saw the message shutting down in 30 secs.. fire in the hole.. run!!!

How long were the servers up? Maybe half an hour?

RUB
08-20-2015, 10:54 AM
can we get a time>

DefecTalisman
08-20-2015, 10:56 AM
So not only do you give us less than 10 hours notice for a patch to the game for stuff that wasn't game breaking, but you also break the game with the patch.

How is 10 hours even considered notice? As always poor planning, no consideration for the population that play the game and as per usual European players get shunted out of a evening of playing because no testing was done on said patch.

Tscheuss
08-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Examination looks at character effects, or buffs.

Character tomes are permanent and do not show up in examination. They persist through reincarnation. It takes 15 seconds or whatever to read a tome, and rightly so due to its permanent effect.

The two are and should be fundamentally different components of the game engine.

The mind boggles.

Maybe this will appease your boggle (https://www.codecademy.com/learn2code). :)

Certon
08-20-2015, 11:03 AM
UPDATE: The worlds have been shut down while we investigate a bug that arose shortly after reopening the worlds. We expect the game worlds to remain unavailable until late this afternoon, Eastern time, and will keep you updatd.

Cordovan, is there an attempt to address the death lag we are getting on the Thelanis server? The entire server seems to lag really badly every 20 or so minutes (sometimes less.) People in a quest often die during this lag, as it seems only the clients are lagging and the monsters are not.

Acoustical
08-20-2015, 11:03 AM
can we get a time>

UPDATE: The game worlds remain unavailable. We expect the game worlds to reopen later this afternoon (Eastern time), and will keep you updated.

Hahaha!!! that must mean after lunch and before dinner :)

apacheizm23
08-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Great, I was going to chill in the house today and play but now.... Late this afternoon wow.. gl.

Brandall
08-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Cordovan, is there an attempt to address the death lag we are getting on the Thelanis server? The entire server seems to lag really badly every 20 or so minutes (sometimes less.) People in a quest often die during this lag, as it seems only the clients are lagging and the monsters are not.

G-land has had this as well the last 2 days

Nestroy
08-20-2015, 11:11 AM

G-land has had this as well the last 2 days

Even Wayfinder has had this the last 24 hours or so. Wayfinder! Only client side - mobs were happily beating us to pieces.

Sunnie
08-20-2015, 11:11 AM
UPDATE: The game worlds remain unavailable. We expect the game worlds to reopen later this afternoon (Eastern time), and will keep you updated.

Hahaha!!! that must mean after lunch and before dinner :)
Hey! Hamsters need lunchbreaks, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNf-IGmxElI

Yunico
08-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Even Wayfinder has had this the last 24 hours or so. Wayfinder! Only client side - mobs were happily beating us to pieces.

all monsters pay for Super-VIP status - that's why there is only vendor-trash left in their chests!

Tscheuss
08-20-2015, 11:15 AM

We thrive on the challenge.
Wayfinder über alles! :)

snook59
08-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Can we get an actual time when the worlds are expected to be up please? Thanks.

kemetka
08-20-2015, 11:22 AM
swap your enhancements to divine disciple, run in exalted angle or shiradi tree jobs done!

RUB
08-20-2015, 11:22 AM
ill ask Carl Sagan... where is my crystal ball to speak to the dead...

Tolmynn
08-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Adopted the practice later in my career, can't recommend it enough to folks who don't yet have some form of it.

Lemdog
08-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Do you all have an exact time for when the worlds will be back up? Or even a time frame? "Later this Afternoon" is a bit vague.

Tscheuss
08-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Do you all have an exact estimate for when the worlds will be back up? Or even a time frame? "Later this Afternoon" is a bit vague.

Think about that phrase for a moment... or two. :)

BigGoettge
08-20-2015, 11:27 AM

Not always as easy as it may seem to you :)

I think the team is doing all they can to reopen the game - Just have patience.

As stated they will give us an update and time estimate when possible :)

Keep up the work folks - looking forward to see the game up :)

Tscheuss
08-20-2015, 11:29 AM
I believe we all have time to play some LotRO while we wait. :)

Yunico
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM

they need to make a new build, then test it - could be hours until it's ready&approved.

Lemdog
08-20-2015, 11:32 AM

Lol. Bad mistake on my end. Editing that

cdbd3rd
08-20-2015, 11:34 AM

*Chuckle*

Indeed. :rolleyes:

edit:

See?

Lol. ...

It's always more fun when people keep a sense of humor about the little stuff. :)

raeslys
08-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Sorry but this always seems sloppy, if you say one hour can not then add a further 4 hours almost every update. You should be more consistent deadlines, and do not pull so low forever. IMOO.

Thar
08-20-2015, 11:42 AM

a pike fest with our gimp rangers!

Lemdog
08-20-2015, 11:42 AM
It's always more fun when people keep a sense of humor about the little stuff. :)

:rolleyes:

FifthTime
08-20-2015, 11:43 AM

I really hope you guys manage to fix this "issue". A lot of people have spent a lot of time and money collecting their various tomes.

I'm almost too afraid to log into the game until I have conformation that everything is ok.

Belgarath22
08-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Not always as easy as it may seem to you :)

I think the team is doing all they can to reopen the game - Just have patience.

As stated they will give us an update and time estimate when possible :)

Keep up the work folks - looking forward to see the game up :)

Yeah this folks are sure having a bad time now, let them do their work.
There are many other things to do, I am checking forums but probably wont play today. ;)

KnarlWood
08-20-2015, 11:46 AM
No, this means that you do NOT have to re-download the client.

Thank you!

lostgunman
08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
No sarcasm, Good Job guys. I absolutely love this game and your programmers and coders are doing a fine job. I think this game gets more updates than any game before and I love what they are doing. I don't mind waiting a couple more hours while everything is being fixed. There will always be complaints with this many people playing...just fix the issues right and you know you did your best. Thanks for an amazing game.

duodave
08-20-2015, 11:51 AM
DDO down? So I don't have an excuse for not folding my laundry?

biglou
08-20-2015, 11:53 AM

you would get a confirmation email and the store should have a copy of any emails it sent i would think

shadowmonk220
08-20-2015, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Belgarath22;5671963]Yeah this folks are sure having a bad time now, let them do their work.
There are many other things to do, I am checking forums but probably wont play today. ;)[/QUOTE

The only thing consistent with DDO is how they continue to amaze me with their ability to turn a quick hotfix into a day long process. The truth of the matter is if their code was correct,organized, and clean like it should be then they'd have no problem locating the problem and correcting it appropriately. Every time they try to "fix" something they mess up more than they "fix". Lastly, DDO: How about testing the results before you just throw the game back online to make sure everything works. If you would just test the damn thing you wouldnt have half the problems you have.

coolshade
08-20-2015, 12:04 PM
The Dev Teams reminds of this song by Aerosmith name Dream On http://www.pandora.com/aerosmith/greatest-hits/dream-on

Yunico
08-20-2015, 12:06 PM
just give every toon a +7 supreme tome.

problem solved.

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 12:09 PM

problem solved.

What about all my BANKED tomes? I bank tomes to giveaway, to crunch, or to even actually use.

Although, a Supreme +10 for all my characters on all worlds and readable at level 1, would get me to forget my ALL of my tomes. Plus, it would free up a ton of inventory space.

Steve_Howe

Do you all have an exact time for when the worlds will be back up? Or even a time frame? "Later this Afternoon" is a bit vague.

Before 6:00 PM Eastern time.

Dracnar

problem solved.

Why all the gimmie gimmie gimmie you millennials are all about instant gratification and compensation when your inconvenienced.

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 12:12 PM
I really hope you guys manage to fix this "issue". A lot of people have spent a lot of time and money collecting their various tomes.

I'm almost too afraid to log into the game until I have conformation that everything is ok.

Yes, this issue will be fixed.

The best I can do is give you an approximate time. We've been estimating that it'll be at least/around 5:00ish Eastern at the current pace things are moving. Of course, it could be earlier, and if validating finds something, that will also impact when we reopen. But the current thinking on "late afternoon Eastern" is about that, give or take an unknown amount of time.

Yes. Some of the rubber-banding and lag issues seen in recent days is a different issue, but this hotfix aims to address some of the lag sources seen.

Steve_Howe
08-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Why all the gimmie gimmie gimmie you millennials are all about instant gratification and compensation when your inconvenienced.

They are ENTITLED!!!!!

Maewen
08-20-2015, 12:15 PM
its 1pm alrdy... why the server still down??????

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 12:15 PM
DDO down? So I don't have an excuse for not folding my laundry?

Because of your reminder, I just did the laundry baskets of white socks. I hate folding the socks because I have to find the sort of matching pair. My son somehow wheres 400 pairs of socks a week it seems. But he rarely loses one. Now, my son in college, he loses socks all the time. He also gets lost very easy and has trouble with north south east west directions. He is a scatter brain but he made the Dean's List at the Big Ten school and he graduates in DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang it, I dropped one of my dirty white socks between the washer and dryer and did not find it until this morning when I went to get a blanket out of the washer to shove in the dryer.

ellfia
08-20-2015, 12:16 PM
What is the time you think it would be done im tired of spending money on a game for a 8 hour maintance when its supposed to be a 3 hr

moomooprincess
its 1pm alrdy... why the server still down??????

Did you read any tomes on any of your characters? Do you have any tomes on your characters?

If you liked your tomes, you will wait.

If you hated your tomes, then you are upset.

Arlandan

I'm pretty sure they were just kidding, grandpapa.:P

WIstuk
08-20-2015, 12:17 PM

Ya I died in a quest also was at the Boss and I lagged so bad I couldnt hit him but he could plunder me til I died. Glad its getting fixed! Cant wait!

Acoustical
08-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Sorry but this always seems sloppy, if you say one hour can not then add a further 4 hours almost every update. You should be more consistent deadlines, and do not pull so low forever. IMOO.

I don't know the last update everyone could log on and play 2 hours earlier than expected time, and so would have been the case with this one and actually was till they got whoopsed to the marketplace, but we all make mistakes, and we as DDO players know the atrocities that can happen on a simple hotfix it could be early or days later than anticipated, its a dice roll we are forced to take. Speaking of mistakes, we should propose this international mistake day and maybe Turbine will gift us all +20 hearts for the mistakes we have made or are soon going to make.. It is the 20th

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Ya I died in a quest also was at the Boss and I lagged so bad I couldnt hit him but he could plunder me til I died. Glad its getting fixed! Cant wait!

I hate to be the spoil sport. You have not been here long enough.

Disconnections/lag, will always be around and you will still have lag deaths in the future.

Maewen
08-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Did you read any tomes on any of your characters? Do you have any tomes on your characters?

If you liked your tomes, you will wait.

If you hated your tomes, then you are upset.

hehe yea man i like my tomes and i got more then one... but still at least the GMs need send some message with new deadline or whatever...

spatio
08-20-2015, 12:22 PM
They are ENTITLED!!!!!

When they modify the game to promote constant in game purchases then players are going to desire getting the same stuff as freebies as compensation.

There was a time that the store didn't sell tomes or rare crafting materials.

Arlandan
08-20-2015, 12:23 PM

Disconnections/lag, will always be around and you will still have lag deaths in the future.

Don't tell them the truth! We want the new players to stay. Lag is only a recent phenomenon that will be fixed very, very soon.:D

Yunico
08-20-2015, 12:25 PM

"Call us now! Because nothing bad should ever happen to you and if it does you should get a treat!!" - John Finnemore, Cash Commercial

slarden
08-20-2015, 12:26 PM

The last time the devs did this was the raider boxes and then the exact same people complained about that - so i wouldn't expect the devs to waste any time giving us anything other than status updates

Amastris
08-20-2015, 12:27 PM
hopefully its not like that one time when we had a 15 hour down time. just in case, heres something for your enjoyment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sagg08DrO5U

Thud
08-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Don't tell them the truth! We want the new players to stay. Lag is only a recent phenomenon that will be fixed very, very soon.:D

You've already heard of the in-store only kobold cookies of antilag?!? ;)

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 12:31 PM
http://m.mediapost.com/publications/16/Walmart-c.jpg

bracelet

Their only saving grace is that they appear to have a better sense of humor than our generation.

Azurchaos
So not only do you give us less than 10 hours notice for a patch to the game for stuff that wasn't game breaking, but you also break the game with the patch.

How is 10 hours even considered notice? As always poor planning, no consideration for the population that play the game and as per usual European players get shunted out of a evening of playing because no testing was done on said patch.

Ok, you say nothing was broken, i had just TR'd into a druid and was expecting to spend many a time loling about my doggy beating da hell outa things all on its own. But nope that was BROKEN due to bug. I suggest you read patch notes and see what they ARE fixing befor commenting about stuff you really seem not to understand/pay attention to.

Also geez people can't half complain (i know doing the same thing but never said i was any better ^^) you moan and moan about something broken or bugged and then MOAN when they fix it and problems arrise, when you can make and run a world wide game day in and day out then you can moan to others about how they run theirs. Also i would rather wait one day and have everything fixed then play with more things broken and have other problems while i play untill they have to fix that also.

Personal Opinion, love the game, happy to pay for it, happy to wait untill its working to play again.

kmoustakas
08-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Man this turned out to be a giant problem to fix if it's gonna take that long.

Again, glad I am at work but I won't be there much longer, still I have used so many tomes I'll wait.

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 12:40 PM
hehe yea man i like my tomes and i got more then one... but still at least the GMs need send some message with new deadline or whatever...

For those of us that have written code, we know the answer to when it will be ready.

When it is done, and not any sooner.

This is not like changing an oil filter on your car or putting gas in your car. Those are predictable times.

Finding the code for something that is seriously broken has to be found first, then it has to be done correctly and this could take a long time or a short time.

I used to tell my Vice President when he would ask when my project would be done; today, tomorrow, next month, definitely by the end of the year. He would get angry and said he needed a time, so I would make one up. My projects dealt with finance, money, accounting, and taxes, and I had to be accurate to the penny and I had to make sure I was hack proof. I purposely decided NOT to ever store credit card numbers so they could not be stolen, but then I was worried about this stuff in the 1990s long before people used the internet to steal everything.

AzB
08-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Because of your reminder, I just did the laundry baskets of white socks. I hate folding the socks because I have to find the sort of matching pair. My son somehow wheres 400 pairs of socks a week it seems. But he rarely loses one. Now, my son in college, he loses socks all the time. He also gets lost very easy and has trouble with north south east west directions. He is a scatter brain but he made the Dean's List at the Big Ten school and he graduates in DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang it, I dropped one of my dirty white socks between the washer and dryer and did not find it until this morning when I went to get a blanket out of the washer to shove in the dryer.

My daughter also graduates in December. Woo hoo! Daddy gets a raise!

I solved the sock problem by buying all identical socks. Makes matching easy, and lost singles aren't such a big deal, they just wait until another is lost, and then they sub in.

snook59
08-20-2015, 12:48 PM

The best I can do is give you an approximate time. We've been estimating that it'll be at least/around 5:00ish Eastern at the current pace things are moving. Of course, it could be earlier, and if validating finds something, that will also impact when we reopen. But the current thinking on "late afternoon Eastern" is about that, give or take an unknown amount of time.

Yes. Some of the rubber-banding and lag issues seen in recent days is a different issue, but this hotfix aims to address some of the lag sources seen.

Thanks for giving us the best time update you can...

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 12:51 PM

Aye, we had a 15 minute roll back a few years ago.

Ended up in the market instead of house C when I logged in.
Something I bought from the store/vendor/whoever was gone, but I still had the point/plat/whatever spent to get it on my toon.

It was simply as if those 15 minutes never happened.
I am sure someone claimed they looted a +4 tome in those 15 minutes but it sounded like the fish that got away story to me...

lizrex
08-20-2015, 12:53 PM
I think we deserve an XP booster after this. Who's with me!

*crickets*

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 12:53 PM
My daughter also graduates in December. Woo hoo! Daddy gets a raise!

I solved the sock problem by buying all identical socks. Makes matching easy, and lost singles aren't such a big deal, they just wait until another is lost, and then they sub in.

Congratulations!

Sends some lemonade and lava cookies to the graduation party.

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 12:54 PM

*crickets*

I want that rumored grouping xp boost to start up soon?

UurlockYgmeov
08-20-2015, 12:56 PM
I want that rumored grouping xp boost to start up soon?

today according to Wednesday Livestream. More details SOON™Ish™ER™

:)

But IIRC, up to a 25% bonus for a full party.

FifthTime
08-20-2015, 12:57 PM

I wouldn't put too much faith in a persons forum start date as it relates to their time playing the game.

There are many reasons why the two would not match.

survient
08-20-2015, 12:58 PM
This is a niche MMO with a "unique" but limited population which means Turbine's resources are limited, so this kind of stuff should be expected. If you want solid uptime go to one of the many different cookie cutter MMOs, ddo isn't here to hold your hand. It's here to make you cry, miserably. And you darn well better like it!

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 01:01 PM

*crickets*

One time we all got a Candy Cane which was before they came out with Risia Ice Games.

DefecTalisman
08-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Ok, you say nothing was broken, i had just TR'd into a druid and was expecting to spend many a time loling about my doggy beating da hell outa things all on its own. But nope that was BROKEN due to bug. I suggest you read patch notes and see what they ARE fixing befor commenting about stuff you really seem not to understand/pay attention to.

So pets are game breaking, enough so to warrant a (obviously untested) hot fix with less than 10 hours notice for the shut down of the game?
I never said nothing was broken, there is allot broken and bugged in the game.
Pets have always been borked in some way or another.
Knowing that I wouldn't build a toon that relies on a pet for anything other than pulling levers or standing on pressure plates.

Saaluta
08-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Their only saving grace is that they appear to have a better sense of humor than our generation.

Not sure about that, I grew up with Robin Williams, Sam Kinison, and George Carlin. I turn on a comedy routine these days and when I am not laughing 5 minutes later, just turn it back off.

LXP
08-20-2015, 01:06 PM
What is the time you think it would be done im tired of spending money on a game for a 8 hour maintance when its supposed to be a 3 hr

Then don't.

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Everyone wants lag fixed and lag fixing was what this patch was about.
Pets was an extra, and did not cause the double fix.

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't put too much faith in a persons forum start date as it relates to their time playing the game.

There are many reasons why the two would not match.

Aye the forums update reset a lot of players to new names.

Jappy
08-20-2015, 01:10 PM
when will live come back up?I have been waiting all day and it still not back on

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Not sure about that, I grew up with Robin Williams, Sam Kinison, and George Carlin. I turn on a comedy routine these days and when I am not laughing 5 minutes later, just turn it back off.

I decided that if a movie does not have a good plot established within 15 minutes, you can predict it will not be a good movie very accurately.

Silverleafeon
08-20-2015, 01:12 PM
One time we all got a Candy Cane which was before they came out with Risia Ice Games.

Cool~I'll take a candy cane if they throw in a lava cookie to go with it :)

Maybe they will rerun the script three times and I'll get more than one ?

sudzz
08-20-2015, 01:13 PM

Great, 5pm your time is 10 pm my time so a full day of not being able to run anything, will there be compensation for this extended no game time as paying for VIP to a game that frequently has extended downtimes to fix what the previous fix broke seems a little unfair and that always has those down times at the same time of day as usually spent in game playing.

Hows about maybe you take a rota for downtimes and spread the love of no game time to your time zone once in a while?

Lolsrsly
08-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Great, 5pm your time is 10 pm my time so a full day of not being able to run anything, will there be compensation for this extended no game time as paying for VIP to a game that frequently has extended downtimes to fix what the previous fix broke seems a little unfair and that always has those down times at the same time of day as usually spent in game playing.

Hows about maybe you take a rota for downtimes and spread the love of no game time to your time zone once in a while?

I could not agree more

LXP
08-20-2015, 01:16 PM
when will live come back up?I have been waiting all day and it still not back on

Probably later.

Yesenia
08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Seriously guys do you complainers not have other sorts of entertainment while the devs work on fixing the game?? Or.. perhaps you'd like for them to reopen the worlds up and give you a broken game? If you believe you're qualified to code and do a better job then please by all means ask for a job, If not SHUT UP!

You want free ish for a minor inconvenience then go eat at Taco Bell, Otherwise try donating to help this game that you love so much grow and get better. which is what i feel like i do by paying for VIP.

Yes this is very inconvenient for us, especially me since this is one of the few days that i've been off work but i'm not gonna give the devs a hard time for something that i couldn't do myself... and yes i believe this is an issue that shouldn't have happened, but were are all only human and imperfect.

~Creator & Leader of Legacy of Legends~
Thelanis Server

Hobgoblin
08-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Probably later.

no. it wsill be up on a day that ends in Y!

rezo
08-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Don't know what worst, wait for my new computer chair to get derived ( by UPS) or the servers to come back online???

Livmo
08-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Seriously guys do you complainers not have other sorts of entertainment while the devs work on fixing the game?? Or.. perhaps you'd like for them to reopen the worlds up and give you a broken game? If you believe you're qualified to code and do a better job then please by all means ask for a job, If not SHUT UP!

You want free ish for a minor inconvenience then go eat at Taco Bell, Otherwise try donating to help this game that you love so much grow and get better. which is what i feel like i do by paying for VIP.

Yes this is very inconvenient for us, especially me since this is one of the few days that i've been off work but i'm not gonna give the devs a hard time for something that i couldn't do myself... and yes i believe this is an issue that shouldn't have happened, but were are all only human and imperfect.

~Creator & Leader of Legacy of Legends~
Thelanis Server

You beat me to it. Seriously if DDO is the only thing some of these folks have going on in their lives, then they have allot more to worry about than this minor inconveince.

Alkusoittow
08-20-2015, 01:38 PM
I would just love to see how they broke tomes when the fix was supposed to address things like pets... I imagine the code looks something like this:

Bool PetsWillAttack = True
Bool PetsAreNotRelatedToThisVariable_ThisNegatesTomes = False

**Developer searches for variable that begins with "Pets" and just sets to True**

FifthTime
08-20-2015, 01:38 PM
You beat me to it. Seriously if DDO is the only thing some of these folks have going on in their lives, then they have allot more to worry about than this minor inconveince.

It's not the down time that upsets me, I'm use to extended down times with Turbine.

It's the loss of tomes that worries me. That could be a game ender for a lot of folks.

icekinslayer
08-20-2015, 01:41 PM

Constant failure leads to expecting some kind of compensation, this is not a new idea. And, I suggest you try the spellcheck next time you talk down to an entire public forum, jerk.

duodave
08-20-2015, 01:43 PM
I doubt tomes were actually lost, but more like the application of their actual function. When it's fixed I imagine they will be back.

apacheizm23
08-20-2015, 01:43 PM
It's not the down time that upsets me, I'm use to extended down times with Turbine.

It's the loss of tomes that worries me. That could be a game ender for a lot of folks.

4 real that would suck.

sithhound
08-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Hey we like free stuff, and we like to troll, therefore as compensation for our lost gaming time, I suggest they give everyone a free troll creature companion. It could be the gift that keeps on giving. Next time the game crashes, they could give us a dance or play dead for our troll. Then maybe some cool purple Hulk pants. I NEED a dancing troll in purple Hulk pants, dang it. If it's another excessive downtime, they could re-skin him, and give us a scrag companion. Lord knows there's enough stinkin trolls in the game, this could go on for awhile.

Belgarath22
08-20-2015, 01:48 PM
I doubt tomes were actually lost, but more like the application of their actual function. When it's fixed I imagine they will be back.

Sometimes the tomes get broken when you do an etr.

like in this post: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461763-After-Heroic-TR-lost-most-items-and-Tomes

To fix that, a friend contacted support and they give him tomes back, he needed to read them all again.

But it seems to me that the game is going back to the point before the tomes went broken, so should be as nothing happened?

Clemeit
08-20-2015, 01:54 PM

Hardly. Imagine thousands of players trying to re-download the game all at once. Turbine's servers would be so over-loaded with requests that they would likely crash, which would just add to the issues.

Sure, it would be faster if only a few people were re-downloading the game, but not thousands of downloads going on all at once.

redoubt
08-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Today's gaming window: 2-5pm eastern. Sweet, I get an extra hour today!

We've been estimating that it'll be at least/around 5:00ish Eastern at the current pace things are moving.

DOH!!!

Clemeit
08-20-2015, 01:59 PM
This really isn't a big deal... OK so we have some down-time. Would people really rather lose their tomes than have an extra hour or two of no gaming? Like, oh my god you might actually have to STEP OUTSIDE or some ****. Geeze, stuff like this happens, get over it. Turbine doesn't owe you anything. They don't owe you compensation, or money, or in-game items, or DDO points.
If you're so incredibly bored during this downtime, and so delusional to think they they owe you anything, then you should take this time to go read their privacy statements, and perhaps that will change your mind.

It's really not a big deal. And for those people who "ran ALL the EE quests this morning 15 times each!!!!1" you should just like, go do it again cause apparently it wasn't that hard.

sudzz
08-20-2015, 02:01 PM
GTFOH with this compensation ****. You get the basic game for free so you can just suck it up. I buy all the content and I don't mind the wait because I know how this works. If you seriously ask for compensation then I ask you. If you were working slower one day at your job because you wanted to make sure the problem you were working on was fixed, should your boss be allowed to pay you less to compensate for the time it took?

They released an unthoroughly tested update to fix some bugs and actually broke a central part of the character tree in that none of the persistent tome values had an effect, these should have been spotted before the patch was signed off and ready for deployment, and yes my boss would give me a hell of a lot more grief over this mess up that what I can see on here, as for your bad language although abbreviated we all know what it means. As a monthly payer who owns both expansions I expect the game to be available for reasonable play times to forget my day job as an IT engineer and drop into some dragons and elves setting to splat obnoxious trolls and catch up with the folk I have played with for the last 5 years or so.

Yes I do expect some sort of compo for lost game time when it was avoidable, testing should have found this fix broken and should not have been released hence leading to an unknown extended downtime.

Clemeit
08-20-2015, 02:02 PM
GTFOH with this compensation ****. You get the basic game for free so you can just suck it up. I buy all the content and I don't mind the wait because I know how this works. If you seriously ask for compensation then I ask you. If you were working slower one day at your job because you wanted to make sure the problem you were working on was fixed, should your boss be allowed to pay you less to compensate for the time it took?

Yeah, this. I pay plenty of money for this game, but I'm not about to rip my hair out because I can't login. I actually like, tried going outside today. And amazingly, I didn't melt. It was actually quite relaxing.

duodave
08-20-2015, 02:03 PM
I "love" the fact that the game is scheduled to come back up just as people are getting home from work and the nightly lag sets in.

cru121
08-20-2015, 02:04 PM
are we there yet?

PS: Preferably with tomes..

Clemeit
08-20-2015, 02:04 PM
As a monthly payer who owns both expansions I expect the game to be available for reasonable play times to forget my day job as an IT engineer and drop into some dragons and elves setting to splat obnoxious trolls and catch up with the folk I have played with for the last 5 years or so.

Because they definitely won't be there tomorrow, or the next day, or next week.

I pay for this game, and I also work full-time and attend college full-time. So I wasn't able to play an imaginary game today; not the end of the world.

Clemeit
08-20-2015, 02:05 PM
I "love" the fact that the game is scheduled to come back up just as people are getting home from work and the nightly lag sets in.

So don't play tonight and help save some people from the lag. Just get on tomorrow.

Niii
08-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Damn i want to playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Arlandan
08-20-2015, 02:10 PM
This really isn't a big deal... OK so we have some down-time. Would people really rather lose their tomes than have an extra hour or two of no gaming? Like, oh my god you might actually have to STEP OUTSIDE or some ****. Geeze, stuff like this happens, get over it. Turbine doesn't owe you anything. They don't owe you compensation, or money, or in-game items, or DDO points.
If you're so incredibly bored during this downtime, and so delusional to think they they owe you anything, then you should take this time to go read their privacy statements, and perhaps that will change your mind.

It's really not a big deal. And for those people who "ran ALL the EE quests this morning 15 times each!!!!1" you should just like, go do it again cause apparently it wasn't that hard.

Personally, I consider the people complaining much less irritating than those that complain about the complaining. At least they don't have this air about them like only their viewpoints are relevant. I understand you're upset too and, as bullies are wont, you have to act tough about it. The game will be up soon I'm sure - keep your chin up little buddy!

LXP
08-20-2015, 02:10 PM
no. it wsill be up on a day that ends in Y!

Probably.

FifthTime
08-20-2015, 02:11 PM
So don't play tonight and help save some people from the lag. Just get on tomorrow.

Good advice, hopefully you follow it.

Dracnar
08-20-2015, 02:13 PM
Just got in everything seems back to normal. Wow a +6 tome in my inventory and a letter in the mail it says sorry for the inconveniences caused by the extended patch. This is amazing I even just another message free VIP for a year. Talk about great customer service ! Well off to plunder the ToEE ... wait damn I was only dreaming.

Duzaralyn
08-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Not true! The only time that I have ever died in DDO is a direct result of LAG!!! I'm sure of that! LOL

blackdoguk
08-20-2015, 02:17 PM
"I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you...how long have I waited?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln-X02RMnY4

Gljosh
08-20-2015, 02:18 PM
So we had downtime last night and downtime again today? Some people want to play but can't, thus they complain about not getting to play. I would love to be playing but instead...I will do other things. I might play tomorrow or I will do other things. Once people decide to do other things, the game will lose more players.

Duzaralyn
08-20-2015, 02:22 PM
I don't care how long that I have to wait as long as my companion (Blue) goes back to being the ferocious man/beast killer that he was instead of chasing down a monster and trying to lick him to death!!!! Some one please tell me that is fixed?????? I won't log into the game while I am at work or the next thing I know it will be quitting time, and all I will have done is complete a quest or two. (Hopefully!)

MaximumCharisma
YOU can gtfoh jerk. I pay monthly for VIP, and guess what, the free-to-play version is as unplayable as the VIP version. Regardless of your stupid strawman, excessive downtime is not my fault. Turbine giving a freebie to people to say, "hey sorry about the excessive amount of downtime, here's a shiny to make up for it" doesn't cost them a thing, and it goes a long way to showing some gratitude to it's PAYING CUSTOMERS to stick it out. So, Marty89, you can take your stupid sentiments and pound em up your....well nevermind where.

I guess you have exaggerated what "excessive downtime" is. A few hours on a Thursday does not seem that way to me. You also exaggerate the value of your money. $10 bucks a month. Really, gain some perspective.

Lemdog
YOU can gtfoh jerk. I pay monthly for VIP, and guess what, the free-to-play version is as unplayable as the VIP version. Regardless of your stupid strawman, excessive downtime is not my fault. Turbine giving a freebie to people to say, "hey sorry about the excessive amount of downtime, here's a shiny to make up for it" doesn't cost them a thing, and it goes a long way to showing some gratitude to it's PAYING CUSTOMERS to stick it out. So, Marty89, you can take your stupid sentiments and pound em up your....well nevermind where.

Yeah, this is my day off. I really do think there needs to be compensation, even if just a little bit.

biglou
08-20-2015, 02:23 PM
What I am guessing is the Tome problem came out of them fixing the examine problem. Things where being applied more then once or in the wrong way and they cleaned up or tried to clean up how different things were applied and not double applied on to characters. From the descriptions the tomes were still there but the bonuses were not being applied so the problem sounds like they over fixed it. Sort of like when you try to wash marker off the wall and get some paint with it.

Dravella
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Woke up this morning at 0300, got hubby his coffee and kissed him as he left for work at 0330. Fed the cats, started the fire in the woodstove, got breakfast and played Nevewinter for a bit.

Logged to DDO in time to see the worlds were coming down in 10 mins. Bummer, but took a shower, did dishes, went to my VA appt, stopped at Wal-Mart to check out their Rollbacks (wasn't disappointed), came home, brought in groceries, started the laundry, let cats inside, fed them, checked on DDO - found downtime was extended.

Split some wood, mowed the front yard (1 acre), got some yogurt, watched 2 episodes of Killjoys, let the chickens out of their pen, checked mail, patched Neverwinter, read forums of everyone crying over having no life except DDO (hoping TV remotes have been hidden - wouldn't want to clean them afterwards), played Far Cry 4, killed baddies, felt good, played Tomb Raider, got stuck, almost rage quit but then deep breathing exercises helped me get through. Patch finished for NW. Emptied dishwasher, folded laundry and about to clean bathrooms (though NW is really calling to me).

Mentally praised Cordovan and his team for all the **** they endure by fixing a game that made me wonder what people would do if it suddenly were to go away. I am VIP, have Tomes, but **** happens - move on. Find something else in the meantime and don't dwell on it.

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Send in the scorned women!!!!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/c2a14b6ca641a0a2bbcef6259f6f9552/tumblr_nkwku8sKKF1timi8vo1_500.jpg

Something like &*^! hath no fury like a scorned woman

Obviously, the writers of that they haven't read the DDO forums during down times.

Thud
08-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Hey we like free stuff, and we like to troll, therefore as compensation for our lost gaming time, I suggest they give everyone a free troll creature companion. It could be the gift that keeps on giving. Next time the game crashes, they could give us a dance or play dead for our troll. Then maybe some cool purple Hulk pants. I NEED a dancing troll in purple Hulk pants, dang it. If it's another excessive downtime, they could re-skin him, and give us a scrag companion. Lord knows there's enough stinkin trolls in the game, this could go on for awhile.

And we should riot if we can change their names every hour!

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 02:46 PM
ooo, I am now having the logout of the forums feature.

From twitter an hour ago, sometime THIS EVENING

I do hate twitter

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/status/634429990612938752

Ooo, now twitter is saying ddo.com is not working.

https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/status/634449515219521536

Anyone notice that Infinite Crisis still has a facebook page? It also has more likes than the Turbine facebook page.

Sunnie
08-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Anyone notice that Infinite Crisis still has a facebook page? It also has more likes than the Turbine facebook page.
Your point being? I mean, Rebecca Black's "Friday" has over 82M hits on Youtube.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not Infinite Crisis is qualitatively similar to "Friday", but likes on Facebook and other such metrics are about as meaningful as using tea leaves to predict stock markets.

rllngstn818
08-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Personally, I consider the people complaining much less irritating than those that complain about the complaining. At least they don't have this air about them like only their viewpoints are relevant. I understand you're upset too and, as bullies are wont, you have to act tough about it. The game will be up soon I'm sure - keep your chin up little buddy!

In the spirit of one-upsmanship, I consider people complaining about people that complain about complainers to be quite pompous. Personally, I enjoy hearing people talk down about about others and I have zero tolerance for people who talk down to people that talk down to others.

Oh ****, I'm doing it too now arent I...

rezo
08-20-2015, 03:57 PM
If your really bored,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBKAT7c2zPY

depettie
08-20-2015, 03:58 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/daffy_fapping.gif

3 minutes!

Arlandan
08-20-2015, 03:59 PM
In the spirit of one-upsmanship, I consider people complaining about people that complain about complainers to be quite pompous. Personally, I enjoy hearing people talk down about about others and I have zero tolerance for people who talk down to people that talk down to others.

If you replace the pompous part with awesome you'd be spot on, sir! Well, except for everything else. If you just wrote "awesome" where all that other text is you'd be spot on, sir!

Gauthaag
08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
any news aside website goin on n off?

moomooprincess
08-20-2015, 04:01 PM
When it rains it pours.

Even the network went down for Turbine.

LoTRO reported login issues, which were probably related to the network issues.

There be some scrambling going on in Needham.

Emers-Lochingvyrr
08-20-2015, 04:02 PM

I'm not going to waste time complaining about those that complain about the complainers complaining about the complainers complaining about the game. Instead I'm just going to add a passive aggressive complainy comment.... ;P

Cordovan
08-20-2015, 04:05 PM
We are continuing to work on reopening the servers. Our current ETA is a few hours from now (perhaps 7-8ish Eastern.)

As others have noted, we have also been having periodic issues with DDO.com logins, which has also hampered my ability to update this thread. If forum login is unavailable, please visit us on Twitter.com/DDOUnlimited or Facebook.com/DDOUnlimited for the latest information.

Nascoe
08-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Your point being? I mean, Rebecca Black's "Friday" has over 82M hits on Youtube.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not Infinite Crisis is qualitatively similar to "Friday", but likes on Facebook and other such metrics are about as meaningful as using tea leaves to predict stock markets.

Actually, I think using tea leaves to predict the stock market is as good as most methods used by traders. Off course having computers react to tiny things works, but that is not based on prediction really.

But yeah, having many likes or views does not guarantee that people will really play/use/buy something.

icekinslayer
08-20-2015, 04:11 PM
I guess you have exaggerated what "excessive downtime" is. A few hours on a Thursday does not seem that way to me. You also exaggerate the value of your money. $10 bucks a month. Really, gain some perspective.

You are wrong on both counts. Patronizing isn't the way to go mate. Go tell someone else their money doesn't have value.