PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Wednesday, August 12th

Cordovan
08-11-2015, 12:24 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds are open! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, August 12th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DDO+Update+27+Patch+1&iso=20150812T09&p1=43&ah=4) for a Time Zone converter.

Nestroy
08-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Any informaton of this is a lag hotfix, too?

Cordovan
08-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Any informaton of this is a lag hotfix, too?

We are doing a number of things to improve performance in the raid Defiler of the Just, and will see what impact it has on general lag being reported while we continue to look at other possibilities as well.

Vellrad
08-11-2015, 03:19 PM
no more time zone convert link for lazy people?

Cordovan
08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
no more time zone convert link for lazy people?

Done.

dunklezhan
08-11-2015, 03:42 PM
But... but its my birthday.

For realsies. :(

OverlordOfRats
08-11-2015, 04:02 PM
That's a horrible time to have the update. Just think about all those poor players who work third shift and have tomorrow off in Pyongyang. How are they going to play now? :)

kanordog
08-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Will this "fix" going to address issues like:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/464062-What-s-your-number-one-reason-for-spending-less-time-in-DDO?p=5667332&viewfull=1#post5667332

???

Stoner81
08-11-2015, 04:26 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, August 12th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Click here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DDO+Update+27+Patch+1&iso=20150812T09&p1=43&ah=4) for a Time Zone converter.

According to the link it is 2PM-6PM (start/finish) for the UK (specifically England), now 2PM is not 4 hours away from 9AM it is 5 hours away as can be clearly seen from the below screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/hpviDFU.jpg

Stoner81.

Enoach
08-11-2015, 04:31 PM
According to the link it is 2PM-6PM (start/finish) for the UK (specifically England), now 2PM is not 4 hours away from 9AM it is 5 hours away as can be clearly seen from the below screenshot:

Stoner81.

Many regions in the US are currently observing Daylight Savings time. This is why Eastern Time is only -4 instead of -5 off the Universal Time. I suspect you are also currently observing Daylight savings time, thus preserving the 5 hour difference.

Vellrad
08-11-2015, 04:39 PM
3PM-7PM downtime.
2,649,151 XP til lvl28.
ER timer ending at 8:20PM.
Won't be easy, but doable.

Stoner81
08-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Many regions in the US are currently observing Daylight Savings time. This is why Eastern Time is only -4 instead of -5 off the Universal Time. I suspect you are also currently observing Daylight savings time, thus preserving the 5 hour difference.

From March to October every year most of the UK (afaik) goes on to DST which becomes BST or British Summer Time instead of GMT (personally I think BST should be done away with but that is another thread entirely).

Stoner81.

FranOhmsford
08-11-2015, 04:50 PM
From March to October every year most of the UK (afaik) goes on to DST which becomes BST or British Summer Time instead of GMT (personally I think BST should be done away with but that is another thread entirely).

Stoner81.

If Scotland ever gains independence THEN the rest of us may be able to get rid of BST. But not while Scotland is in the UK!

Gratch
08-11-2015, 05:09 PM
We are doing a number of things to improve performance in the raid Defiler of the Just, and will see what impact it has on general lag being reported while we continue to look at other possibilities as well.

Did you figure out the transmit packet rate 10x'ing that everyone sees from your own in game network icon whenever a warlock begins their EBlastin'?

Cordovan
08-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Time and Date has a good writeup (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html) on the difference between GMT/UTC and BST. Also, UTC isn't actually a time zone. (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html)

Seikojin
08-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Next Wednesday is mine! Happy Pre-birthday! Hopefully the game doesn't have downtime when I am having a birthday. :)

lethargos
08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
That timeconverter link is the best thing ever in downtime notice.

Natashaelle
08-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Time and Date has a good writeup (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html) on the difference between GMT/UTC and BST. Also, UTC isn't actually a time zone. (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html)

But your own conversions are still nearly systematically divergent by one hour (exception -- you do get it right when US summer time is on, but not European summer time)

In practice, and therefore pragmatic reality, Boston is typically five hours behind London (including Greenwich) on clock time, not four, regardless of of any convoluted mental gymnastics concerning GMT and UTC

BTW UTC *is* used as a time zone, albeit admittedly only for spacecraft, satellites, and space stations in non-geosynchronous orbit -- and let's not even start on Lunar Standard Time, as there can currently be no DDO players based there

Eth
08-12-2015, 03:51 AM

Stoner81.

BST is UTC+1. The difference between -4 and +1 is 5. All good.

glmfw1
08-12-2015, 04:00 AM
If Scotland ever gains independence THEN the rest of us may be able to get rid of BST. But not while Scotland is in the UK!

Why would Scottish independence have any bearing on BST? The sun sets so late and rises so early here in summer that BST is fairly meaningless in Scotland. BST and any form of Daylight Savings time is just an annoyance, especially as many people work flexible hours and supermarkets are open 24x7.

Back to the thread... Currently UTC/GMT are 4 hours out from the East Coast of the US, but as we are observing BST (so the sun is directly overhead at Greenwich at 1pm), the UK is 5 hours out from the East Coast. The difference is complicated by the fact that Europe standardised when their clocks changed, so we all change on the same date. Years later, the US decided to alter when they changed their clocks (it had been the same as Europe, give or take a week in either Spring or Autumn (the other was the same)) to occur at significantly different times. So now the time difference may be 5 hours, 4 hours, 5 hours or 4 hours, depending on the time of year. My experience of working in international companies was that people in the US assumed everyone's clocks changed at the same time as theirs (conference calls got scheduled at some odd times, as a result). Turbine, by stating GMT have done away with this issue, as everyone around the world uses a timezone that is stated as a calculation from GMT.

dunklezhan
08-12-2015, 04:58 AM
Why would Scottish independence have any bearing on BST? The sun sets so late and rises so early here in summer that BST is fairly meaningless in Scotland. BST and any form of Daylight Savings time is just an annoyance, especially as many people work flexible hours and supermarkets are open 24x7.

Its because people are still obsessed with the idea that it was done to benefit farmers, rather than the real reason which was to benefit munitions factory productivity during the war. The time shift is more or less redundant everywhere now.

But it really is a discussion for another thread - every news outlet likes to trot out a few experts twice a year to debate it and they never come to a conclusion. We aren't going to either.

Also it is a distraction from the important point of why Severlin hates me enough on a personal level that he would schedule an update today of all days, just to vex me.

Stupid downtime.

Nascoe
08-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Its because people are still obsessed with the idea that it was done to benefit farmers, rather than the real reason which was to benefit munitions factory productivity during the war. The time shift is more or less redundant everywhere now.

But it really is a discussion for another thread - every news outlet likes to trot out a few experts twice a year to debate it and they never come to a conclusion. We aren't going to either.

Also it is a distraction from the important point of why Severlin hates me enough on a personal level that he would schedule an update today of all days, just to vex me.

Stupid downtime.

Maybe Severlin secretly loves you and wishes you to spend the afternoon of your Birthday out in the glorious, burning sun (great time to run a dark sun PnP campain maybe?). By the way, enjoy the day even despite the downtime!

dunklezhan
08-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Maybe Severlin secretly loves you and wishes you to spend the afternoon of your Birthday out in the glorious, burning sun (great time to run a dark sun PnP campain maybe?). By the way, enjoy the day even despite the downtime!

grumblegrumble if he cared that much he'd hop a plane and come for a beer, its only an 9 hour flight or so, what's his problem grumblegrumble

Never mind. managed to finish off Vale quests on my cleric this morning, now flagged for shroud, so not a total dead loss.

:)

Saekee
08-12-2015, 07:15 AM

happy bday dunklezhan!

Alisonique
08-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Just like to join in with the Congrats. You know Sev would come over if it were a BIG Birthday.
I'll sink one tonight in honour of the day if thats any consolation?

Saaluta
08-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Seems that everyone in the thread has some time on their hands :)

Saal :)

drathdragon
08-12-2015, 08:07 AM
...and so it begins...

barecm
08-12-2015, 08:17 AM
If you are still not following how to tell time across different time zones, you can always add an additional clock on your PC in the time settings. So, add -5 EST and you too can understand when the downtime is. You can even add UTC if you really want to get crazy.

FranOhmsford
08-12-2015, 08:30 AM

It's to do with Children getting to and from school. Which isn't a problem anyway in high summer BUT BST isn't only in use in June/July/August!

In England and Wales it's not as bad and the papers have regularly stated that Scotland is the ONLY reason we're still using BST!

MeNMyArrow
08-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Back to the subject at hand: Thank you for the hotfix, hopefully this does something for the Raid so maybe now we can do it at a higher difficulty without the Lag Monster grabbing up stones and throwing us out of the quest. LOL.

raclaw
08-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Two questions ...
1. End chain reward on epic difficulty he gives items of 13 lvl, so will it be fixed or will it stay like that?
2. Epic docent from the Temple of Elemental Evil has ML 28, and the other armors ML 26, so will it be fixed or will it stay like that?

Greywolf75
08-12-2015, 09:13 AM

Where are these fabled Patch Notes? Not finding them anywhere ...

Natashaelle
08-12-2015, 09:26 AM

But the fact of the matter is that people look at relative clock time, not Boston time relative to GMT relative to their own time and time zone relative to GMT. People aren't going to be inclined to doing three calculations instead of one.

And the typical differential between Boston and Greenwich clock times is 5 hours, not four.

Dimwhit1
08-12-2015, 09:28 AM
It would be nice if server lag gets address. Every time I've logged on the last couple weeks, I've been hit with at least a little server lag. Used to only be an occasional thing.

Stoner81
08-12-2015, 09:28 AM
But your own conversions are still nearly systematically divergent by one hour (exception -- you do get it right when US summer time is on, but not European summer time)

In practice, and therefore pragmatic reality, Boston is typically five hours behind London (including Greenwich) on clock time, not four, regardless of of any convoluted mental gymnastics concerning GMT and UTC

BTW UTC *is* used as a time zone, albeit admittedly only for spacecraft, satellites, and space stations in non-geosynchronous orbit -- and let's not even start on Lunar Standard Time, as there can currently be no DDO players based there

Finally! Somebody who agrees with me :) thank you!

The point is that during the time between March and October we are on BST not GMT so your first post is inaccurate since you specifically state GMT. Most of us in the UK would be very happy to see BST die with the damn dinosaurs since this type of thing wouldn't happy and our time zones would never change throughout the year. For as long I have been playing DDO I have always had to manually work out the times because they are pretty much always wrong for one reason or another and it is infuriating!

Stoner81.

Vargouille
08-12-2015, 09:29 AM

I know DDO has players in a lot of countries. I eagerly await the day we have confirmed DDO players in Spaaaaaaaaaccccceeeee.

... has anyone managed to connect to DDO while on an airplane?

Steve_Howe
08-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Release Notes?

patang01
08-12-2015, 09:39 AM
I know DDO has players in a lot of countries. I eagerly await the day we have confirmed DDO players in Spaaaaaaaaaccccceeeee.

Wouldn't it be fun if some of the many astronauts on the international space station are DDO fans - DDO IN SPACE!!!!'

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes.

Phoenix-daBard
08-12-2015, 09:45 AM
The point is that during the time between March and October we are on BST not GMT so your first post is inaccurate since you specifically state GMT.

BST is irrelevant. Or to be specific is only specific to a medium size collection of islands who still think they are the center of the earth. The OP says GMT which is relevant to the planet and not just one very vocal group of individuals.

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 09:47 AM
But the fact of the matter is that people look at relative clock time, not Boston time relative to GMT relative to their own time and time zone relative to GMT. People aren't going to be inclined to doing three calculations instead of one.

And the typical differential between Boston and Greenwich clock times is 5 hours, not four.

Sure, but when I'm announcing Eastern Time as an offset of GMT, I'm basing the difference on the difference between Eastern Time and GMT, not Eastern Time and BST. The difference between Eastern and GMT is -4 when we are on Daylight Saving Time, and -5 when we are not (with some overlap between when Europe and the U.S. observe DST and switch back.)

GoldyGopher
08-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Click here (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-patch-1-release-notes) for the Release Notes.

404 Not Found

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 09:48 AM

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not, and never have, based it off of what time it is in London. Rather, I am basing it off of GMT, which is - not - the same as London Time.

Eliyse
08-12-2015, 09:51 AM
I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not, and never have, based it off of what time it is in London. Rather, I am basing it off of GMT, which is - not - the same as London Time.

Cordovan - any chance you can just quote the UTC? (As opposed to simply the EST offset?) Please? Pretty please?

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 09:53 AM
*snip*
The point is that during the time between March and October we are on BST not GMT so your first post is inaccurate since you specifically state GMT. *snip*

Stoner81.

This is simply not accurate. I would be inaccurate if I were doing the offset based on BST, but since I'm not, it is accurate as an offset of GMT.

LavidDynch
08-12-2015, 10:00 AM

I tried it once.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1085971/images/o-INDONESIA-PLANE-CRASH-facebook.jpg

Svartelric
08-12-2015, 10:04 AM

This. Change things to a more reasonable standard, please. I am in Italy, boston is 6 hours earlier all year long, not 5 hours, period. Reading "-4" made some of my friends only add 1 hour to the conversion for a long time, until I explained that you guys were using a "special" system to convey the info regarding downtimes.

FranOhmsford
08-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Sure, but when I'm announcing Eastern Time as an offset of GMT, I'm basing the difference on the difference between Eastern Time and GMT, not Eastern Time and BST. The difference between Eastern and GMT is -4 when we are on Daylight Saving Time, and -5 when we are not (with some overlap between when Europe and the U.S. observe DST and switch back.)

The problem with this is that there's only like 2 weeks out of the entire year when the difference between EST and GMT is -4!

Whether that be when USA is on EST and UK is on GMT or when USA is on EST and UK is on BST It's -5! {Only during the swap over period is it ever -4!}.

And I'm sorry Cordovan but the UK does NOT use GMT in the way you're using it!

GMT = Our time and we still say GMT year round! The only reason I'm using BST here is so as to avoid misunderstandings!

I'm pretty sure the same goes for America and EST/DST - The only time you'll say DST is when you want to be specific!

Dreppo
08-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Not to derail the thread, but:

I just successfully patched and logged into Cannith.

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Worlds are open!

patang01
08-12-2015, 10:10 AM
I tried it once.

Raid lag?

dunklezhan
08-12-2015, 10:12 AM
BST is irrelevant. Or to be specific is only specific to a medium size collection of islands who still think they are the center of the earth. The OP says GMT which is relevant to the planet and not just one very vocal group of individuals.

Ok, you know you could say the same about the 24 hour day, the international date line, western musical notation and the freakin' year itself, right? Anything where enough of the world - for whatever reason - has agreed a standard in fact, because they're all pretty arbitrary and based on the thinking of the day they were agreed.

[Edit: snip! Load of stuff that just didn't need saying.]

Going to go play with my new USB turntable now. Got a bunch of Beatles vinyl to convert so I can listen to it again without fear of damaging it. White Album first!

Stoner81
08-12-2015, 10:12 AM

To you it might be irrelevant to others it isn't.

This is simply not accurate. I would be inaccurate if I were doing the offset based on BST, but since I'm not, it is accurate as an offset of GMT.

As stated by the website you used (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html) we do not use GMT DURING THE SUMMER between March and October therefore using GMT during that time is wrong. Basing the offset on GMT is WRONG since we are not using that! EST is 5 hours behind us not 4!!!!!

Stoner81.

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 10:15 AM
We did want to call attention to a Known Issue:

If you do not have an ingredient in your Shared Bank - Crafting Storage when you first open a Barter UI, then put the ingredients in your Shared Bank - Crafting Storage, then return to the Barter UI, the crafting ingredients will not populate into the UI until you log out and then back in. This only happens for the first time you add an ingredient to the Shared Bank - Crafting Storage.

Phoenix-daBard
08-12-2015, 10:15 AM

Yes but it was laggy questing was impossible. The flight was from Frankfurt to Portland.

Krelar
08-12-2015, 10:16 AM
As stated by the website you used (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/united-kingdom-bst.html) we do not use GMT DURING THE SUMMER between March and October therefore using GMT during that time is wrong. Basing the offset on GMT is WRONG since we are not using that! EST is 5 hours behind us not 4!!!!!

Stoner81.

It's only wrong because you are using the wrong conversion. If your country doesn't use GMT in the summer then why are you doing your conversion using GMT in the summer? Use the appropriate conversion and there is no issue.

Augon
08-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Cordovan,
With all the whining about your "(-4 GMT)", I say just use Eastern Time and let people do their own conversions. afterall you are nice enough to usually put the Time change link now.

Stoner81
08-12-2015, 10:22 AM
It's only wrong because you are using the wrong conversion. If your country doesn't use GMT in the summer then why are you doing your conversion using GMT in the summer? Use the appropriate conversion and there is no issue.

I am not doing it in GMT, EST is 5 hours behind us not 4!

Cordovan,
With all the whining about your "(-4 GMT)", I say just use Eastern Time and let people do their own conversions. afterall you are nice enough to usually put the Time change link now.

I would be very happy with that since then it would be actually correct, the time change link was and is a superb idea for this very reason that time zones are an utter nightmare most of the time (how America copes with 3 or more I don't know).

Stoner81.

Wakkander
08-12-2015, 10:26 AM
To you it might be irrelevant to others it isn't.

Stoner81.

You are making the assumption that the use of GMT is purely for the benefit of British people, and therefore he should change his usage based solely on that subset of people. This is not the case. GMT was the former international time standard, UTC now has replaced it, though since they are more or less interchangable the difference is irrelevant to most people. Thus it is not for you and the many wonderful people that inhabit those isles that GMT is used, but the global community at large, which does not, and never has, considered BST an international standard.

Bolo_Grubb
08-12-2015, 10:31 AM
worlds are up

HuneyMunster
08-12-2015, 10:34 AM
The problem with this is that there's only like 2 weeks out of the entire year when the difference between EST and GMT is -4!

Whether that be when USA is on EST and UK is on GMT or when USA is on EST and UK is on BST It's -5! {Only during the swap over period is it ever -4!}.

And I'm sorry Cordovan but the UK does NOT use GMT in the way you're using it!

GMT = Our time and we still say GMT year round! The only reason I'm using BST here is so as to avoid misunderstandings!

I'm pretty sure the same goes for America and EST/DST - The only time you'll say DST is when you want to be specific!

That's incorrect I never call our time GMT in the summer, I say either BST or UK time.

Stoner81
08-12-2015, 10:35 AM
You are making the assumption that the use of GMT is purely for the benefit of British people, and therefore he should change his usage based solely on that subset of people. This is not the case. GMT was the former international time standard, UTC now has replaced it, though since they are more or less interchangable the difference is irrelevant to most people. Thus it is not for you and the many wonderful people that inhabit those isles that GMT is used, but the global community at large, which does not, and never has, considered BST an international standard.

It might not be an "international standard" or whatever but the fact remains that the time is still wrong, as somebody else previously mentioned people are going to use local time to work it out whether or not they are on Daylight Savings Time or not the end result is still the same in that the time difference is wrong.

Using -4 hours would have put the start time at 10AM which is wrong since it started at 9AM.

Stoner81.

UurlockYgmeov
08-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Didcha hear? there's a new time zone! North Korean!

Tscheuss
08-12-2015, 11:06 AM
That's incorrect I never call our time GMT in the summer, I say either BST or UK time.

Anyone else get a chuckle by reading BST as BS Time?

Sounds like a universal standard to me, especially during campaign season. :o

Scrapco
08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Can the release notes link ever be in the first post, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Eth
08-12-2015, 11:20 AM
It might not be an "international standard" or whatever but the fact remains that the time is still wrong, as somebody else previously mentioned people are going to use local time to work it out whether or not they are on Daylight Savings Time or not the end result is still the same in that the time difference is wrong.

Using -4 hours would have put the start time at 10AM which is wrong since it started at 9AM.

Stoner81.

It is not wrong.
You should stop making the assumptions that you always stay in GMT. You don't. When you switch to summertime you are in GMT+1 (BST). The difference is 5 hours.

Ebondevil
08-12-2015, 11:26 AM

As a British person who actually understands the difference between GMT and BST I salute you sir!

Please continue quoting the GMT time as it is much appreciated.

Vargouille
08-12-2015, 11:47 AM
Yes but it was laggy questing was impossible. The flight was from Frankfurt to Portland.

I think that still counts. That's probably as close to space as an actively playing DDO player has gotten... YET.

(I'm sure someone has downloaded some internet packet through a satellite at some point, too...)

Scrapco
08-12-2015, 11:55 AM
I think that still counts. That's probably as close to space as an actively playing DDO player has gotten... YET.

(I'm sure someone has downloaded some internet packet through a satellite at some point, too...)

One of the coolest things I've ever seen is when I was randomly watching the map of some live analytics of a site, and we got a hit from the International Space Station. o.O

bracelet
08-12-2015, 12:04 PM

I played for a couple hours on a flight from ATL to SFO a few years back. I even went questing with some guildies. I didn't contribute a lot. Those in-flight connections were fairly new back then and people weren't swamping them. They are much worse now that everyone is connected and trying to watch youtube, listen to streaming music etc. DDO doesn't really work for me that well on the plane anymore.

Roland_D'Arabel
08-12-2015, 12:28 PM
I tried it once.

Warlock's are so over powered ;)

Sho-sa
08-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Bug report submitted.

After the update, my druid's pet will not follow any commands. Just runs up next to targets and sits there. The flag for standing ground no longer displays. Enemies will, on occasion, engage it. Tried dismissing, resummoning, reshipbuffing; no improvement.

Uska
08-12-2015, 02:31 PM

The real Portland or the fake one

Cordovan
08-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Bug report submitted.

After the update, my druid's pet will not follow any commands. Just runs up next to targets and sits there. The flag for standing ground no longer displays. Enemies will, on occasion, engage it. Tried dismissing, resummoning, reshipbuffing; no improvement.

Yes, Iron Defenders, Onyx Panthers, Druid wolves, and Owlbear Defenders have decided to no longer attack things. We are working on a fix.

Sisma
08-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Yes, Iron Defenders, Onyx Panthers, Druid wolves, and Owlbear Defenders have decided to no longer attack things. We are working on a fix.

We will call it THE PET STRIKE!

EVEN PETS HAVE RIGHTS! EVERY SECOND MONDAY FREE!!! (and that's just the beginning...)

Tscheuss
08-12-2015, 03:57 PM

Time to recycle Iron Defenders into barbecue grills and start frying up Panther Steaks, Wolf kebabs, and Owlbear haunches. :D

Rauven
08-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Just want to point out something that might be causing some people confusion. EST is Eastern Standard Time, that is standard, non-Daylight Saving Time. EDT is Eastern Daily Time or Daylight Saving Time. The east coast US is currently on EDT not EST. GMT does not change for Daylight Saving Time as such is it correct to say that EST is GMT -5 while EDT is GMT -4. This is true across all of the US timezones, PST/PDT, MST/MDT, CST/CDT, etc. Now, whether we should be using GMT or UCT as a standard that does not change with Daylight Saving Time is another argument.

Natashaelle
08-13-2015, 02:44 AM

bah, GMT isn't accurate even in the Greenwich Observatory :

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/greenwich-royal-observatory-how-the-prime-meridian-line-is-actually-100-metres-away-from-where-it-was-believed-to-be-10452386.html

Phoenix-daBard
08-13-2015, 03:38 AM
The real Portland or the fake one

The one next to my location. 12 hour flight.

Uska
08-13-2015, 02:51 PM
The one next to my location. 12 hour flight.

The fake one then :) real one is on the East coast. yours was named after it

Krelar
08-13-2015, 03:01 PM
The fake one then :) real one is on the East coast. yours was named after it

Which is named after the isle... (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Portland)

Sho-sa
08-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Any update on when pets will be fixed? :-)

Cordovan
08-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Any update on when pets will be fixed? :-)

We are working on a patch, no ETA to announce yet.

Xerio
08-15-2015, 10:20 AM

I've downloaded a few items via satellite at my cabin up in the Poconos, wasn't so bad really, then again it's elevation puts it above most and I've got a fairly clear view.
Though it's best done during the brief window the satellites in question are overhead... I've not tried to play DDO or any other MMO though.

depettie
08-17-2015, 05:35 PM
We are working on a patch, no ETA to announce yet.

I am confused why there is no ETA?

Vargouille
08-17-2015, 06:00 PM
I am confused why there is no ETA?

We have to fix the things before we can give you the fixes. Poor Cordovan has to wait for the developers to tell him when it's ready.

Samir_Bennal
08-17-2015, 06:14 PM
We have to fix the things before we can give you the fixes. Poor Cordovan has to wait for the developers to tell him when it's ready.

Excuses, excuses. That why they make crystal balls.:cool:

HatsuharuZ
08-18-2015, 12:22 AM

Ask Hekta Szind to cast a scrying spell for you. :P

Sho-sa
08-18-2015, 09:58 AM

Cookies or thumbscrews? :-)

Kompera_Oberon
08-18-2015, 03:25 PM

There is a process called "reverting" which is designed solely to undo any unintended consequences of changes. You might want to give it a try, it doesn't require any development time at all. And then you can find the long term fix in your sandbox.

depettie
08-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Really hard to quest with a Buddhist wolf by your side.