PDA

View Full Version : Gear help

Thornsworn
08-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

So i just got a bladeforged and iv gone 6rgr/9pal.

Iv got the gift box from the lord of blades but i have no idea what gear i should be swapping that out with.
With my last toon it seemed easy, i always had some gear to swap out and i maintained a good balance, but with this new class, starting out at lvl 15 with gear i i havent planned out myself is proving challenging and a bit overwhelming (im not good with gearbstats as it is!)

Can anyone help with some advice to get me going through the next couple of levels? I did delerium last night and died like 5 times!

Thanks guys!

Kompera_Oberon
08-11-2015, 01:31 AM
You can buy an Anti-Beholder Crystal (trinket, absorbs 25 Beholder or Doomsphere spells) for 50 TP on the DDO store. That's the amount of TP you will make by earning 200 favor, which you can earn running Korthos and Harbor quests, all of which will be cakewalks for you at 15th.

You might get lucky and find a Lesser Anti-Beholder Crystal which does the same but with 20 charges. (Or you can buy one in the store for 75 TP, but why spend more for less?)

You might get lucky and find a Scarab of Spell Absorption (50 charges), or find one on the AH or ASAH.

The Mantle of the Worldshaper will absorb 5 spells per day, and Ruins of Threnal should be a cakewalk for you at your level. It is guaranteed to be one of the NPC reward item offered for the chain.

There are other spell absorption items available to you.

Spell Resistance is also nice as it applies to many of the eye beams. The UMD check shouldn't be beyond your capability for a scroll, but of course one anti-magic blast and it'll be gone. You want/need an item with Deathward, since a spell/potion effect will likely be removed from you.

Ranged weapons out range the eye beams, so you can deal some unanswered damage before the Beholder closes to within beam range, and with 6 Ranger levels you have some good range options open to you.

Jiirix
08-11-2015, 02:41 AM
When facing dangerous mobs like beholders or mindflayes on a twf toon I like the http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Envenomed_Blade to keep the mobs "shut down". It's easy to get it from the lord of dust end chest when running the quest with a full group, it drops a lot and most playes don't need it.

Other easy to get loot for level 15/16: Ring of the stalker and ring of the master artificer; Guardian's Bracers (Level 15) - Riposte VIII; Skirmisher's Gloves (Level 15) - Strength +8; Sage's Sash (Level 15) - Archmagi (for your selfhealing)

AbyssalMage
08-11-2015, 04:11 AM
Hi all,

So i just got a bladeforged and iv gone 6rgr/9pal.

Iv got the gift box from the lord of blades but i have no idea what gear i should be swapping that out with.
With my last toon it seemed easy, i always had some gear to swap out and i maintained a good balance, but with this new class, starting out at lvl 15 with gear i i havent planned out myself is proving challenging and a bit overwhelming (im not good with gearbstats as it is!)

Can anyone help with some advice to get me going through the next couple of levels? I did delerium last night and died like 5 times!

Thanks guys!
Delerium is ruthless. The more you run it, the leas you will die but 5 times with no knowledge of the adventure is slightly under average.

As far as gear, been thinking about posting the same question. Before I do though, I was going to make a draft on paper before posting. So until I do that, I wish you luck. For now, use the gear that was awarded to you at 15. It's decent and will see you to 16+ honestly.

Saekee
08-11-2015, 06:53 AM
I did delerium last night and died like 5 times!

Everyone dies in there--it is a rite of passage into the game. Invaders! in the harbor is another new player nightmare and I still need to change my clothes after I run it at level.

Wait until you encounter Acute Delirium--then you will find that bookcases and beds are also weak against ice storm-launching beholders, flesh renders and floating eyes...

Loromir
08-11-2015, 07:11 AM
As a bladeforged and Paladin, you are better equipped to deal with Beholders than most other classes.

Some tips:

Try to get behind the beholder and fight him from there.
Try to stun them (They are suceptable to stuns).
Don't waste time with them...the faster they die the better. Ignore other mobs when a beholder is in the room.
Wear a deathblock item. As bladeforged, your already immune to lvl drain, but not any instakill spell. Casting the deathward spell is not enough.
Don't be afraid to run away and re-group. They move fairly slow.
Try to save your Lay on of Hands for Beholder encounters. Antimagic won't block that.

UurlockYgmeov
08-11-2015, 01:14 PM
paralyzing longbow.... 'nuff said. Beholder's be all

http://i.imgur.com/ZylV3Dq.jpg?1

AbyssalMage
08-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Wait until you encounter Acute Delirium--then you will find that bookcases and beds are also weak against ice storm-launching beholders, flesh renders and floating eyes...
I just F'ing skip that one. Whoever thought giving multiple NPC's an "allergy to HP's" that you have to protect a "good idea" needs their head examined.

kanordog
08-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Everyone dies in there--it is a rite of passage into the game. Invaders! in the harbor is another new player nightmare and I still need to change my clothes after I run it at level.

Agree, Invaders are worse but(!) You can get this from there:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Beholder_Optic_Nerves

Also, beholders are low on HP so just get Your optic nerves and a deathblock item then charge and slay'em all...

I have no problem with them since I pulled that necklace.

ps.: dont buff other then guild and item buffs, no point.

Thornsworn
08-11-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys!
Yeah im range focused, got all the good stuff in the AA tree.
Paralyzing arrows? Doh! I went with banishing arrows. Hadnt used them before, thought it would be good to try them out, refret that decision now!
I have a deathblock item, get.it in the lord of blades package. (Didnt stop me getting hit with 250+hp crits though!)

Good to hear im good till lvl 16, and that its just a hard quest. Im planning on doing quests at lvl 13-15 and then doing some favor running for the extra storage before i start on amy lvl 16 quests anyway. (I only levelled to 11 on my other toon, first life. I completed.the lvl12 quests, And i dont want to skip the ones i missed)

Any lvl 16-20 items i need to look out for after thats done?

And how do you guys plan out your gear? I find it hard to make sure i have all the enhancements i want/need and maintain a balance trying not to repeat anything. (I find it way easier to assume nothing stacks with gear)

Thanks again guys!