PDA

View Full Version : Rereturning noob acrobat

NoobCake
08-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I've returned again to playing DDO, picking up the human acrobat I left last time I ran out of stuff at 12. I still don't have any new stuff but it's been months so the old stuff will probably seem new enough that I can get some more levels by repeating them.

I've discovered that rogues have been changed a bit. I have this soloer 10/2 Rog/Ftr in plate, packing max str and no stealth, it was kicking all sorts of ass until running into beholders. It seems like light armor is now good for acrobats but that'd mean those 2 fighter levels are wasted. Anyway, are the old guides I used to follow still working for acrobats? Did they change much in the last like 10 months or am I still good? I seem to be good enough, managed to solo Invaders and reach Tempest Spine endboss (with gratuitous lamery ofc), but I dunno how much of an indicator that is.

PsychoBlonde
08-05-2015, 08:28 AM
I've returned again to playing DDO, picking up the human acrobat I left last time I ran out of stuff at 12. I still don't have any new stuff but it's been months so the old stuff will probably seem new enough that I can get some more levels by repeating them.

I've discovered that rogues have been changed a bit. I have this soloer 10/2 Rog/Ftr in plate, packing max str and no stealth, it was kicking all sorts of ass until running into beholders. It seems like light armor is now good for acrobats but that'd mean those 2 fighter levels are wasted. Anyway, are the old guides I used to follow still working for acrobats? Did they change much in the last like 10 months or am I still good? I seem to be good enough, managed to solo Invaders and reach Tempest Spine endboss (with gratuitous lamery ofc), but I dunno how much of an indicator that is.

You seem to be doing fine. The bulk of the changes were to Mechanic, but acrobat got a nice tier 1 run speed boostie and some other minor improvements. I've always stuck with light armor on my rogues and pushed dodge. You can get decent PRR even in light armor and Improved Uncanny Dodge will take care of the rest. Even without super-high saves evasion is nice because you can pick up Improved Evasion which cuts the damage substantially regardless of whether you save or not. Highly useful for getting past some nasty super-high save stuff on eE.

If you're going to stick with heavy armor, though, probably go paladin instead of rogue.

unbongwah
08-05-2015, 09:20 AM
The biggest improvement to Acrobat DPS is Cartwheel Charge now provides a passive +20% doublestrike bonus. The other improvements are either QoL (Fast Movement) or defensive (Spinning Staff Wall, extra Dodge bonuses).

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459818-Centered-Thief-Acrobat