PDA

View Full Version : DDOGamer: Learning to Fail – the Halfling Commandos Attempt the New Raid

geoffhanna
08-03-2015, 08:08 AM
What do you get when you mix six halflings and a brand-new raid?

-> Half-way to glory (http://www.gamergeoff.com/learning-to-fail-the-halfling-commandos-attempt-the-new-raid/).

(link takes you to a spoiler-free discussion of the new raid)

Livmo
08-03-2015, 08:30 AM
Focus on the executioners. Once time runs out the archons will die if any executioners are left. Sometimes 3 archons fall at a time, so get them executions stat. Also, the timer goes away once all the executioners are dead.

Likewise, trash can pile up. Best to have peeps north and south as the raid progresses.

Make sure to bring adequate DR breakers.

No warlocks in group means less likely hood for a lag out.

Everyone needs to bring their A game and participate.

There are some safer spots at the start of the quest with the blades. Use the left corner or the middle square.

Rem, you need to beat the clock and get those executioners down or the 1, 2, or 3 archons that fall druing that timer will die when the timer runs out if there are any executioners left.

Keep trash down.

Rem to have fun. It's only a game.

--

EDIT sorry for any spoilers. I'm looking forward to more completions ;)

Ape_Man
08-03-2015, 08:55 AM
No warlocks in group means less likely hood for a lag out.

Explain this, it matches my suspicions.

Livmo
08-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Explain this, it matches my suspicions.

I ran the raid this weekend allot and the only non-lag out completions did not have warlocks in them. In the raid when you get near the end of helping the archons the aura's appear to be too much for the game to handle when that heavy spawn appears (devils, grey and red, usually 4). Then the lag out happens, we can't move and start to die or we fail because we can't move and 5 archons die because of it, or we get 15 reinforcements because we cant move and kill any. Those seem to be the flavors.

EDIT ~ We did have lag other times as well without the warlocks in group and it was not game breaking. Maybe just too many auras in shaverath.