PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Wednesday, July 29th

Cordovan
07-28-2015, 11:30 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, July 29th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Want to convert this to your local time? Click here! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Update+27+Hotfix&iso=20150729T10&p1=43&ah=2)

This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where lower-level characters are unable to teleport to Amrath from their guild airship, Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players, and some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be. We'll have further detail tomorrow.

Nestroy
07-28-2015, 11:36 PM
Well, well. That did not take long. Thank you for the informtion.

Sure that 2 hours of downtime will be enough? Usually it takes longer to patch the game. And we all know the usual suspects complaining prolonged downtimes, me included.

UurlockYgmeov
07-28-2015, 11:37 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, July 29th from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Want to convert this to your local time? Click here! (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Update+27+Hotfix&iso=20150729T10&p1=43&ah=2)

This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where lower-level characters are unable to teleport to Amrath from their guild airship, Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players, and some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be. We'll have further detail tomorrow.

https://diaspora-fr.org/camo/5ad3da6cadec2ceedeb0fab68a6fe36a0515c806/687474703a2f2f6d656469612d63616368652d6563302e7069 6e696d672e636f6d2f6f726967696e616c732f39322f32632f 30312f39323263303165646631313536653032393562366561 616435313862303939642e6a7067

Calinthus
07-29-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm fairly certain that this isn't the correct forum to post this, and, yes, I have submitted a bug report. I was running a level 23 through the new Amrath quests, on Epic Normal (level 30 quest) which, according to what I know about Bravery Bonus, means that, while it would not progress, it would not be broken (7 level difference between quester and quest). I ran Demon Assault, and upon completion, lost my Bravery Bonus Streak. At the time it was 114 (I know, not that big of a number, but, still, I should not have lost it). Is there a way that my BB Streak can be reinstated?

blackdoguk
07-29-2015, 12:36 AM

Please acknowledge that the operating conditions of the raid are currently unplayable for large chunks of the time. The issues you laid out are indeed important, but surely the lag has to be the number one thing you folks are working on. Right?

Hobgoblin
07-29-2015, 12:38 AM
I'm fairly certain that this isn't the correct forum to post this, and, yes, I have submitted a bug report. I was running a level 23 through the new Amrath quests, on Epic Normal (level 30 quest) which, according to what I know about Bravery Bonus, means that, while it would not progress, it would not be broken (7 level difference between quester and quest). I ran Demon Assault, and upon completion, lost my Bravery Bonus Streak. At the time it was 114 (I know, not that big of a number, but, still, I should not have lost it). Is there a way that my BB Streak can be reinstated?

no

you have to be above the bravery which means 33 or above.

Gauthaag
07-29-2015, 02:39 AM
some appropriate-level characters are not receiving Mysterious Remnants when they should be.

anyone else finds this pretty ridiculous way to say that character were capable to get remnants in quests of lot lower level than intended?

edit:
oh, sorry - I found that one post about not getting any remnants in HE PoP, which by itself is not proof on remnants not dropping it can be just bad luck. while reports of remnants dropping in heroic quests for epic characters were reported a lot more times and proving definitely something is wrong.

kinda reminds me radio jerevan jokes:

- "is it true that in Jerevan cars are given to citizens for free?"
- "yeah, its true, but its not cars but bicycles and they are not given but stolen"

Nascoe
07-29-2015, 02:48 AM

The sooner the better with Hotfixes, eh. Although I think that its a bit of a shame that remnants dropping for over level characters is also getting cut back out (a sliding scale where you get less and less the higher lvl you are would be nice, to get at least a few of them, especially in epics?)

Nascoe
07-29-2015, 02:52 AM
anyone else finds this pretty ridiculous way to say that character were capable to get remnants in quests of lot lower level than intended?

That is not quite accurate. As I understand it, the issue went two ways: on the one hand it gave a few remnants to clearly over level characters (shouldn't be a big deal, but yeah its in favor of the players, I would like to keep this in) and some at level players NOT getting their remnants on the other hand, which clearly has to be dealt with. I guess the issues are of the same nature, 2 sides of the same bug.

Gauthaag
07-29-2015, 03:04 AM
That is not quite accurate. As I understand it, the issue went two ways: on the one hand it gave a few remnants to clearly over level characters (shouldn't be a big deal, but yeah its in favor of the players, I would like to keep this in) and some at level players NOT getting their remnants on the other hand, which clearly has to be dealt with. I guess the issues are of the same nature, 2 sides of the same bug.

as I understand how percentage chance work it is still possible run couple elites beat number of champs and still not get any remnants. that may seem strange but still possible.

or am I supposed to bug report any time I m not getting single chest from orange named in quest?

ForgettableNPC
07-29-2015, 03:15 AM
Are the typos being fixed as well at the same time, or just the bugs?

relenttless
07-29-2015, 04:23 AM
Off work all day Monday, - No play because downtime was particularly badly timed for UK players.
Working all day yesterday til 9pm so just managed a quick peek at content.
Off work today, so ready to play....and, yep, just as I predicted.... hotfix

kauetomaz
07-29-2015, 04:58 AM
This hotfix will address several issues, including an issue where Trials of the Archons quest givers are not properly interacting with players

BOOOOOOO
you had to go and ruin the only fun thing about this update ¬_¬

Holymunchkin
07-29-2015, 06:59 AM

No lag fix,

Vellrad
07-29-2015, 06:59 AM
I like that you included that time converting link and I hope you will keep doing it on each downtime.

FranOhmsford
07-29-2015, 07:41 AM
As someone who does a LOT of Favour Farming I feel sad now that I haven't played the last couple of days!

Devs: Can you PLEASE change Remnant Drops and Guild Renown drops to the same system as XP!
XP goes from:
Full with BB at Elite level
Full at Elite+1
-10% at Elite+2
-25% at Elite+3
-50% at Elite+4
-75% at Elite+5
-99% at Elite+6
to
0 at Elite+7 or higher!

Remnants and Renown simply VANISH at Elite+1!

It's wrong! Utterly wrong!

Kwyjibo
07-29-2015, 07:47 AM
As someone who does a LOT of Favour Farming I feel sad now that I haven't played the last couple of days!

Devs: Can you PLEASE change Remnant Drops and Guild Renown drops to the same system as XP!
XP goes from:
Full with BB at Elite level
Full at Elite+1
-10% at Elite+2
-25% at Elite+3
-50% at Elite+4
-75% at Elite+5
-99% at Elite+6
to
0 at Elite+7 or higher!

Remnants and Renown simply VANISH at Elite+1!

It's wrong! Utterly wrong!
What in the world does this have to do with a downtime notice?

FranOhmsford
07-29-2015, 07:52 AM
What in the world does this have to do with a downtime notice?

The Downtime notice is specifically about a downtime to fix a "supposed" issue with remnants dropping!

So my post has quite a lot to do with this downtime notice!

Paleus
07-29-2015, 08:09 AM
The Downtime notice is specifically about a downtime to fix a "supposed" issue with remnants dropping!

So my post has quite a lot to do with this downtime notice!

There is a difference between a fix for something not WAI and a redesign of something WAI, but not in a way desired by players. I think your recommendation would be better served in a separate thread as a suggestion for tweaking the system rather than a random post in a notice about (an attempt to) fix remnants to function as intended, if not desired.

Zoogar
07-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Off work all day Monday, - No play because downtime was particularly badly timed for UK players.
Working all day yesterday til 9pm so just managed a quick peek at content.
Off work today, so ready to play....and, yep, just as I predicted.... hotfix

This is the first time in a while that I have been working during the down time... But I do feel your PAIN!!
My fingers are crossed and hoping that the worlds are only down for a very short time!

Qaliya
07-29-2015, 09:17 AM
There is a difference between a fix for something not WAI and a redesign of something WAI, but not in a way desired by players. I think your recommendation would be better served in a separate thread as a suggestion for tweaking the system rather than a random post in a notice about (an attempt to) fix remnants to function as intended, if not desired.

Seems pretty obvious to me as well.

By the time a downtime notice is posted, they've already made any changes they are going to make. Somewhat pointless to post new suggestions, since there is a 0% chance of them being implemented in the hotfix.

Cordovan
07-29-2015, 10:20 AM
Here are the Release Notes. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-hotfix-release-notes)

mkmcgw17
07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Here are the Release Notes. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-hotfix-release-notes)

Thanks Cordovan you have the patience of a saint. I couldn't do what you do I'd tell everyone to shut up and quit whining and immediately lose my job. Thanks.

moomooprincess
07-29-2015, 10:26 AM
I like the clock converter for those players that cannot do it themselves..... Why can't they do it themselves, I have no idea?

Luckily, I am one that can convert time zones and have been since I started playing. I am also good at reading maps and I like long walks on the beach.

ah, man, you fixed the Fellblade.

arkonas
07-29-2015, 10:31 AM

so i noticed every light casts a shadow finally made it on the the list after all this time. any reason for it now? i'm just curious. a lot of us kept asking if it was a bug or wai with no answer since shadowfell.

Systern
07-29-2015, 10:36 AM

Mysterious Remnants now have a chance to appear for characters that are up to two levels above the level of the quest.

Just to clarify... This is the same as before, right? The same as Bravery Bonus. Not "Tears of Dhakaan is a level 7 quest. On elite difficulty, the quest is level 9, so level 11 characters could get remnants."?

Cordovan
07-29-2015, 10:51 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Just a note that Mysterious Remnants have returned, but crafting directly from the Shared Bank - Crafting Storage remains unavailable.

visibleman
07-29-2015, 10:55 AM
so i noticed every light casts a shadow finally made it on the the list after all this time. any reason for it now? i'm just curious. a lot of us kept asking if it was a bug or wai with no answer since shadowfell.

If it has made it to the Known Issues, it means the Devs have no idea how to fix it (or just can't be arsed)

HuneyMunster
07-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Just to clarify... This is the same as before, right? The same as Bravery Bonus. Not "Tears of Dhakaan is a level 7 quest. On elite difficulty, the quest is level 9, so level 11 characters could get remnants."?

Bravery Bonus is any level when you complete a quest on higher than normal for the first time. Streak bonus is at level of the quest including the modified level of being hard or elite. I think previously remnants only dropped when you can get streak bonus, but now applies 2 levels above this.

Tscheuss
07-29-2015, 11:15 AM
We will find out when we run the quests. :)

FranOhmsford
07-29-2015, 12:03 PM

Mysterious Remnants now have a chance to appear for characters that are up to two levels above the level of the quest.

If this was already planned to happen then thank you!

If this happened because of my earlier post then wow!

That is two levels above adjusted quest level right? {Not Base Lvl?}.
Is there any chance this could be adjusted for Epics or does it already go to BB+2 there?

arkonas
07-29-2015, 12:42 PM
If it has made it to the Known Issues, it means the Devs have no idea how to fix it (or just can't be arsed)

yes it has made it on if you go look :)

LrdSlvrhnd
07-29-2015, 12:57 PM
The guild airship farshifter now has the same level restrictions as the Planescaller in the Hall of Heroes when players attempt to be taken to Amrath.

Does this include the legacy Planescaller also, I hope?

Cordovan
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
If this was already planned to happen then thank you!

If this happened because of my earlier post then wow!

That is two levels above adjusted quest level right? {Not Base Lvl?}.
Is there any chance this could be adjusted for Epics or does it already go to BB+2 there?

Yes, Mysterious Remnants can now appear if your character is up to two levels above the difficulty-adjusted level of the quest. So, level 10 quest is 10 on Normal, 11 on Hard, 12 on Elite, and you can be level 12/13/14 respectively.

Please note that the chance for getting Mysterious Remnants is lower when you are above the level of the quest. Just to throw a number out there as an example, if there was a 100% chance of getting Remnants at-level, the chance is reduced to 50% at one level above, and 25% at two levels above. So, 1 level above is half the chance, 2 levels above is quarter the chance.

Cordovan
07-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Does this include the legacy Planescaller also, I hope?

Should be.

Cordovan
07-29-2015, 01:09 PM

A player got in touch with me and asked why it wasn't in the Known Issues. Since I had time to do it, I added it.

FranOhmsford
07-29-2015, 04:00 PM
Yes, Mysterious Remnants can now appear if your character is up to two levels above the difficulty-adjusted level of the quest. So, level 10 quest is 10 on Normal, 11 on Hard, 12 on Elite, and you can be level 12/13/14 respectively.

Please note that the chance for getting Mysterious Remnants is lower when you are above the level of the quest. Just to throw a number out there as an example, if there was a 100% chance of getting Remnants at-level, the chance is reduced to 50% at one level above, and 25% at two levels above. So, 1 level above is half the chance, 2 levels above is quarter the chance.

So that's a penalty to the chance of getting remnants to drop rather than a penalty to number of remnants dropping each time then?

I'd prefer the latter penalty actually but the former is at least better than before.

Thank You again for this change and is there any chance of a similar boost to Guild Renown drops for players just a couple levels above BB?

arkonas
07-29-2015, 06:18 PM
A player got in touch with me and asked why it wasn't in the Known Issues. Since I had time to do it, I added it.

well no matter what so now we know that at least you guys are aware. i guess its better then not knowing lol.

Cetus
07-29-2015, 07:19 PM
This is ridiculous - a hotfix was launched to address everything but the elephant in the room

The raid is lagging us to the point of wanting to throw something. Just unbearable.

Holymunchkin
07-29-2015, 09:21 PM
This is ridiculous - a hotfix was launched to address everything but the elephant in the room

The raid is lagging us to the point of wanting to throw something. Just unbearable.

resistance is futile!

run it on epic normal!

solo!

blackdoguk
07-29-2015, 09:44 PM

Yup. It's kind of patronising Jerry for you to respond to other comments and pretend the issue that has been respectfully mentioned multiple times already in a two page thread doesn't exist.

Cordovan
07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Yup. It's kind of patronising Jerry for you to respond to other comments and pretend the issue that has been respectfully mentioned multiple times already in a two page thread doesn't exist.

We have discussed performance reports in Defiler of the Just, and it is something we are actively investigating. While it was not meant to be "the" solution to raid lag in there, one of the hotfix changes to limit Horned Devil teleportation was done in part to see if it improved performance in the raid. Reducing the instance cap in Amrath and turning off crafting directly from Shared Bank - Crafting Storage was also done in part to see if it impacted raid performance (although there were other reasons for these changes as well.)

Gauthaag
07-30-2015, 01:17 PM
We have discussed performance reports in Defiler of the Just, and it is something we are actively investigating. While it was not meant to be "the" solution to raid lag in there, one of the hotfix changes to limit Horned Devil teleportation was done in part to see if it improved performance in the raid. Reducing the instance cap in Amrath and turning off crafting directly from Shared Bank - Crafting Storage was also done in part to see if it impacted raid performance (although there were other reasons for these changes as well.)

cool, thanks for info