PDA

View Full Version : New player(VIP) who wants a sorcerer who can handle traps in heroics, tips?

Euthorcize
07-24-2015, 06:08 PM
I want to make a sorcerer who is also able to handle traps in heroics. I have not played in many years but came back recently, so I may as well be a new player. I have access to 32 point builds. Is it feasible to make a sorcerer who can handle traps? If so, any suggestions on how to do it? I have no idea how to build a sorcerer.

UurlockYgmeov
07-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Yes. 2 Rogue 18 sorc is very doable for heroics.

Welcome to DDO!

Check out the Sorc and Rogue forums for some ideas.

Am confident someone more knowledgable than myself will post help soon.

But check out the Airforged (18 sorc 2 pal) for some sorc ideas, and the other three builds for rogue help. (not the best advice but it is a start!)

Also DDOWIKI.com is your best friend.

Have fun! Make mistakes!

Welcome to DDO!

friendly_fire
05-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Would 4 levels of artificer add anything to a sorcerer build? Some support for air savant, an extra feat, medium armor and repeating crossbow proficiencies, and a cute little dog. I haven't played an artificer enough to know if the rune arm will be of any use. I guess it comes down to a choice between these minor benefits and being able to get 2 more levels of sorc and evasion.

I suggested 4 levels of artificer because they don't get as many skill points as a rogue and level 4 is when they get the first bonus feat.

SirValentine
05-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Is it feasible to make a sorcerer who can handle traps?

Feasible, yes. If that's what you want, go for it.

But may I ask why you want that particular combination? Personally, I see a lot more synergy with Wizard and trapping than Sorcerer. Int helps both trapping and Wizard's casting (and gives you more skill points for it). If you're a Cha-build for a Sorc, you can still get your trap skills high enough, but you'll have to make sure you have good enough gear, etc., for it.

EllisDee37
05-15-2017, 12:26 AM
But may I ask why you want that particular combination?Wanted, more like. He asked the question two years ago.

SirValentine
05-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Wanted, more like. He asked the question two years ago.

Ah, didn't see the poster above me had necroed the thread.

Livmo
05-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Would 4 levels of artificer add anything to a sorcerer build? Some support for air savant, an extra feat, medium armor and repeating crossbow proficiencies, and a cute little dog. I haven't played an artificer enough to know if the rune arm will be of any use. I guess it comes down to a choice between these minor benefits and being able to get 2 more levels of sorc and evasion.

I suggested 4 levels of artificer because they don't get as many skill points as a rogue and level 4 is when they get the first bonus feat.

4 arty and 16 sorc works.

However, keep in mind the Tier IV core Enhacment needs 18 levels of sorc and capstone 20 sorc.

I've done this build with Electro spec savant tree and Harper tree.

Note you only need 2 levels of arty for rune arm use. If you're OK with just 16 sorc, 2 arty/2 rouge could be fun as well (use the arty spell conjour bolt for rouge tree if you spend there) .