PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 3:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, July 27th

Pages : [1] 2

Cordovan
07-24-2015, 05:30 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! The DDO Store has also reopened. However, DDO players using Steam will be unable to purchase Turbine Points.

EARLIER: The downtime has been extended until 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated.

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, July 27th from 3:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for data center maintenance and to launch Update 27: Trials of the Archons. Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Additionally, DDO.com will be unavailable between 3:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).

The first part of this work will migrate all of Turbine's billing services to a new data center. After that work is completed, we will be updating the game to release Trials of the Archons. We will keep you updated on Monday.

Angelic-council
07-24-2015, 06:24 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, July 27th from 3:00 AM - 4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for data center maintenance and to launch Update 27: Trials of the Archons. Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

Additionally, DDO.com will be unavailable between 3:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).

The first part of this work will migrate all of Turbine's billing services to a new data center. After that work is completed, we will be updating the game to release Trials of the Archons. We will keep you updated on Monday.

Wonderful. New data center + an update. Can't be excited more.

Ape_Man
07-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Oh come on, what we're seeing on Lamania is not ready to be released.

I know that hasn't stopped you before but this needs another pass.

arkonas
07-24-2015, 06:27 PM
heh i bet people will still complain that the game will be down and how they should be compensated lol :P just in before that happens. i'm glad to see this finally happening. maybe this might fix some of the issues the game has had. let's hope so.

Seikojin
07-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Oh come on, what we're seeing on Lamania is not ready to be released.

I know that hasn't stopped you before but this needs another pass.

And 1005 of the time, changes have been made to the lam build before release, so 90% of this statement is inapplicable. :P

Malusny
07-24-2015, 07:54 PM
And 1005 of the time, changes have been made to the lam build before release, so 90% of this statement is inapplicable. :P

I wonder if they changed the Ultimatum's (Tower shield from raid) values in regards to its BDR and AB, right now the small shield from one of the quests there provides more Base Damage Rating and the same Armor Bonus (17).

UurlockYgmeov
07-24-2015, 09:18 PM

agree!

Holymunchkin
07-24-2015, 09:26 PM

Reflex saves in ToEE (EE) are still broken---after kickin' and screamin' from the sorcs in EE.

I disssssagreeeeeee

Sirea
07-24-2015, 09:45 PM

I was excited too when I read "new data centers", until I noticed this:

The first part of this work will migrate all of Turbine's billing services to a new data center.

It's just billing, not the actual game servers, by the look of it. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Angelic-council
07-25-2015, 02:57 AM

It's just billing, not the actual game servers, by the look of it. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Yeah, it's 13 hours maintenance. I'm sure there will be more than just a 1 thing. But, indeed.. it's too early I assume. You are right.

cdbd3rd
07-25-2015, 07:12 AM
http://imgfave-chat-herokuapp-com.global.ssl.fastly.net/image_cache/1364207406671233.jpg

Wh070aa
07-25-2015, 09:29 AM
And another day that I can't play the game.

I hope the content at least works, I am tired of bosses getting stuck in walls, and doors not opening. Good thing I am not playing spellcaster tho. Would suck to be one right now.

Wireless_Joe
07-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Business geniuses: update the servers for the part of the game that collects the money, don't update the servers for the part of the game that makes the money. :p

Memnir
07-25-2015, 09:01 PM
I imagine this is just step one in the data-center move. It's smart, actually, to start with billing first. When they move the actual game servers, the game will be down 12-24 hours, bare minimum. At least it was last time, anyways.

Looks like I'll just sleep in really late on Monday - and hope all goes well that by the time I stumble outta bed everything is hunky-dory again. Benefits of being on on PST time. :D

Braegan
07-25-2015, 09:34 PM
I imagine this is just step one in the data-center move. It's smart, actually, to start with billing first. When they move the actual game servers, the game will be down 12-24 hours, bare minimum. At least it was last time, anyways.

Looks like I'll just sleep in really late on Monday - and hope all goes well that by the time I stumble outta bed everything is hunky-dory again. Benefits of being on on PST time. :D

Lazy west coaster! /shakesfist!

:D

Memnir
07-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Lazy west coaster! /shakesfist!

:Dhttp://i.imgur.com/DtGC77o.gif

Braegan
07-25-2015, 10:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DtGC77o.gif

"...it really tied the room together, did it not?"

You totally hit me with one of my fav movies of all time there bro. :)

Memnir
07-25-2015, 11:50 PM
You totally hit me with one of my fav movies of all time there bro. :)Same here, my friend. :) Same here.

http://i.imgur.com/k4aGRMW.gif

Hobgoblin
07-26-2015, 12:25 AM
I may go oldschool.....

http://www.metal-observer.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Space-Balls-Dark-Helmet.jpg

Gratch
07-26-2015, 05:03 PM
My one biggest hope for U27. An option: Per Account, Per Player, (if it was per global I would hit it for everyone): HEAL/Cure/Use Positivie Energy of any direct form on targeted undead instead of self: NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER

It may have been fun at level 1 but after that point it was just game enjoyment fail.

Lemdog
07-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Downtimes are Turbine's way of checking if it's players have lives.

Lemdog
07-26-2015, 09:40 PM
My one biggest hope for U27. An option: Per Account, Per Player, (if it was per global I would hit it for everyone): HEAL/Cure/Use Positivie Energy of any direct form on targeted undead instead of self: NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER

It may have been fun at level 1 but after that point it was just game enjoyment fail.

I've never had a problem with that personally.. but i know people (guild) that hate it. I do hope this gets acknowledged at least..

Dark_Helmet
07-27-2015, 01:42 AM

Wait until you see the lag between the billing servers and the data servers / websites.

It is not like they will be down for 3 days again.... They always learn their lesson and never repeat any mistakes.

See you Tuesday.

Memnir
07-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Wait until you see the lag between the billing servers and the data servers / websites.

It is not like they will be down for 3 days again.... They always learn their lesson and never repeat any mistakes.

See you Tuesday.I don't work again till Wednesday - so I'll just have a really long nap. :D

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Finally back inside DDO forum. So much for the good news.

I wonder what the ETD for the servers is now?

Gauthaag
07-27-2015, 10:33 AM

it would be fine if made assignable like metas - target only self (always on/off)

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 10:40 AM
Would be nice to get to read and discuss something. Thx in advance.

snook59
07-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Would be nice to get to read and discuss something. Thx in advance.

So when can we expect release notes?

ArkoHighStar
07-27-2015, 10:58 AM
So when can we expect release notes?

I am guessing sometime this afternoon, simply because the actual update for U27 is only starting now that the Datcenter move is complete(I am assuming it is complete now that the ability to log into the forums is back). Usually we get them around 3 hours into the down time which I am guessing is when Cordovan gets the go ahead based on progess.

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-release-notes) are up. Forum logins are back! The game remains unavailable. We'll keep you updated.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-release-notes) are up. Forum logins are back! The game remains unavailable. We'll keep you updated.

Big thank you!

Gratch
07-27-2015, 11:10 AM
Nice format with cool pics for the release notes.

Known Issues are still dated 7-22-2015. No new issues or still getting updates?

Thought they had some fixes for the vertical misfires of eldritch blasts (which tops the 7-22 known issues). Not yet?

JOTMON
07-27-2015, 11:17 AM
it would be fine if made assignable like metas - target only self (always on/off)

^This is what we have been asking for..

a simple selectable meta.. at most.. 4 choices...

All
Self only
Friendly only
Enemy only
maybe 1 more
targetable items (not mobs).. aka breakables...

PNP
07-27-2015, 11:23 AM

I would point out it is a player error, but as a player, I make that error all the time and I have died so many times while 'healing' the undead that if this feature were available, I would even buy it...
I love divines but this is the most annoying thing that I know of - I still blame myself when I do it, at least now I will only cost myself 10%...

Sirea
07-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Players can now craft directly from their Shared Bank: Crafting Storage supply when using a Barter UI. When crafting, the Barter UI will automatically search your Crafting Storage for items that match the available recipes.

Not bad.

The color of the top renown guild tier is now purple-ish.

Sweet, now puggers will stop attacking me and my guildies. Maybe. They might just think we're raid bosses now.

The Monster Hunter in the Hall of Heroes now offers two new Defense Tomes and three new Offense Tomes in exchanged for Mysterious Remnants...

Cool, something to actually spend my remnants on other than cosmetics.

There is now an NPC in the Hall of Heroes and on guild airships that allow a character to temporarily suspend their Bravery Bonus. This is a toggle, and will remain in effect until toggled again by speaking to the NPC. The Bravery Bonus will not reset nor increment when suspended.

Nice, so now we can do EN MoD speed runs without losing BB.

The Flawless Victory Bonus is now per character, and characters will no longer lose the bonus unless they die. Someone else in the group dying no longer removes this bonus. Hireling deaths also no longer reduce the Flawless Bonus.

Woot!

This stuff, plus new content, makes this update actually look promising.

gaqkabo
07-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Gotta love the Flawless XP changes, the "Sry for the death" chat line was embarrassing to all involved so kudos for that. Also finally a good use for remnants Looking forward to even more lvl 15 (elite) quests... anyone else feels there's a gap from lvls 12-14? or is it just me that hates that part of leveling?

Anyhow genuinely excited!

TheWalruss
07-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Now to farm 62,500 remnants :-)

UurlockYgmeov
07-27-2015, 12:03 PM

:p;):D:o:):rolleyes::cool::eek::cool:;););););)

Release notes look professional!

revengewraith
07-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Soooo updates? It's taking a bit longer than estimated it looks like.

UurlockYgmeov
07-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Soooo updates? It's taking a bit longer than estimated it looks like.

Its on time. Not supposed to be back up for 2 more hours (4:00 pm eastern (EDT))

ooohhh... foreshadowing?

In preparation for some upcoming hireling AI improvements...

Aletys
07-27-2015, 12:07 PM
There is now a Search box and a "Show All" button at the top of the Options Panel, allowing you to show only options matching particular text.

While it's always nice to have some improvements to the UI, how the heck did this make it to the top of the list, when adding search fields to the character bank, character cache & augment bags would have been far more useful?

Please, please add search fields to these.

revengewraith
07-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Ah. I see google betrayed me. I put in -4 gmt and it said for me that was an hour ago. American Eastern time would be EST, not GMT.

illuminar
07-27-2015, 12:13 PM

So far, are there any indications that the update won't complete on schedule?

revengewraith
07-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Ah. I see google betrayed me. I put in -4 gmt and it said for me that was an hour ago. American Eastern time would be EST, not GMT.

Yeah I double checked. If it really is GMT, than it should have been done an hour ago.

slarden
07-27-2015, 12:14 PM

per character

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 12:15 PM

Not yet, but we will keep you updated.

OrodelaSol
07-27-2015, 12:18 PM

1 worthless "cosmetic" = 2 tomes...yay hoarding! If they weren't bound I'd trade you some of mine...

OrodelaSol
07-27-2015, 12:19 PM

Leave they guy alone to focus on getting it done...

barecm
07-27-2015, 12:28 PM

Actually, telling us if there is any change in the schedule is "getting it done" for his job.

DrawingGuy
07-27-2015, 12:31 PM

And this can be multiplied by however many alts you care about. :p

The numbers are closer to the grindy side of things, but not unrealistic. Will definitely give a good way to spend your remnants.

RoberttheBard
07-27-2015, 12:32 PM

Irony: The second post above this one actually quotes the same poster with an update. The Community Manager's job is, of course, to manage the community.

Cynick
07-27-2015, 12:37 PM

LotRo is already 90 minutes late, and Frelorn over there claims you guys cant start the update until the maintenance is done.

I'm failing to see how you can both be correct in this......

Vellrad
07-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Actually, telling us if there is any change in the schedule is "getting it done" for his job.

Lol, you don't know that every turbine employer is doing absolutely everything with game?
They all are coders, graphics, musics, writers etc.
Even people that are just hired for cleaning the office are coding stuff.
This is forum wisdom, everyone knows that.

Thud
07-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Its on time. Not supposed to be back up for 2 more hours (4:00 pm eastern (EDT))

ooohhh... foreshadowing?

In preparation for some upcoming hireling AI improvements...

In turbines defense, they never say the servers will be up at 4 pm EDT! :rolleyes:

Frotz
07-27-2015, 12:45 PM
I thought there was just one coder because it's so easy to take a short break from the Turbine drug-fuelled orgies and just type "make game<return>" into the keyboard.

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 12:50 PM
I've got 25000 already. I was thinking about getting the fire crown since it finally looks good, but it seems my headspider will get to hang around a bit longer.

Caarb
07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Yeah I double checked. If it really is GMT, than it should have been done an hour ago.

You are misreading/misunderstanding

4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) does not mean 4pm GMT. It means that Eastern is 4 hours behind GMT ie the servers are due back up at 8pm GMT

SpiritofAlba
07-27-2015, 12:53 PM
I like the feel of this update. Some new content, some building on existing systems (remnants, monster manual), an alteration to XP that potentially helps grouping and has been asked for by players, fixing a few things. There are other things about which I would get more excited, but I like it. Above all, it doesn't have yet another new game / collecting system - praise be.

Admittedly, I am generally in awe of any designers and coders ("you mean I can play this enormous beautiful interactive game for just about free...?") but still, I like it.

cdbd3rd
07-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Same here, my friend. :) Same here.

http://i.imgur.com/k4aGRMW.gif

Betterer?

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/biglebowskigutter-5.gif?w=650

edit: This did however remind me of a glaring error in my DVD collection. :eek: :o
...which has been remedied now. Thanks Amazon.

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 01:22 PM

4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) does not mean 4pm GMT. It means that Eastern is 4 hours behind GMT ie the servers are due back up at 8pm GMT

Apparently, time zones are difficult.

Blackheartox
07-27-2015, 01:29 PM

Standard and greenwich meantime do not apply to turbine.
When turbine writes gmt it means something entirely different.

I thought people realized that til now...

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 01:32 PM
It's also not entirely clear (at least to me) if and how DST is applied by Turbine, by my calculations the servers are due to go up in 90 minutes.

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 01:33 PM

LotRo is already 90 minutes late, and Frelorn over there claims you guys cant start the update until the maintenance is done.

I'm failing to see how you can both be correct in this......

I like the feel of this [...]

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmdunqhsrC1qjdhtro1_400.gifhttp://media.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif

Blackheartox
07-27-2015, 01:38 PM
It's also not entirely clear (at least to me) if and how DST is applied by Turbine, by my calculations the servers are due to go up in 90 minutes.

Simplest method i use when "calculating turbine time" is to check here http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/boston

Peter_Stauffenberg
07-27-2015, 01:40 PM

To make it even worse you need to take daylight saving time into the calculation.

GMT is normally the time zone used in Britain. CET is used in most of continental Europe which is GMT+1. However when daylight saving time is active (from the end of March until the end of October) you need to add 1 hour to the times. So Britain is now in GMT +1 and continental Europe is in GMT+2.

That means that U27 will be available 9pm in Britain and 10pm in continental Europe if there are no delays.

LightBear
07-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Betterer?

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/biglebowskigutter-5.gif?w=650

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eoAkbXH7Y

Chipps
07-27-2015, 01:47 PM
They could at least post relese note so we got something to read

LightBear
07-27-2015, 01:48 PM
They are up.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-release-notes

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 01:52 PM
That means that U27 will be available 9pm in Britain and 10pm in continental Europe if there are no delays.

I come up with this, too

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/est-to-cet-converter

they are up since at least 30mins ago :)

while I enjoy how this thread inevitably levels up in entertainnment value prior to announced uptime, it still is a bit early, and rly, whoever expected things to be up BY THE MINUTE with the data center move, well, sry, you're own fault. I got no expectations. feels quite relaxing, people should try ;)

Flavilandile
07-27-2015, 01:53 PM

Which means that once more my static group got killed by an update/maintenance... oh well time to play Civ V.

stubythumb
07-27-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm always amazed at the Release Notes for an update being dwarfed by the known issues for the same update..

revengewraith
07-27-2015, 01:58 PM

Yes, thanks for that.

I did misread.

donblas
07-27-2015, 01:58 PM
For the UK we are nearly always 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time, so 4pm Eastern is nearly always 9pm UK time. There is a period of a week (or two) each time when each country changes its clocks to go into or out of daylight saving time, but the 5 hours is true nearly all year.

donblas
07-27-2015, 02:01 PM

In case you missed them release notes went up three hours ago. See link in quote :)

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm always amazed at the Release Notes for an update being dwarfed by the known issues for the same update..

if you factor in that this updates known issues are mainly last updates known issues that statement is factually untrue so all is well :)

PsychoBlonde
07-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Gotta love the Flawless XP changes, the "Sry for the death" chat line was embarrassing to all involved so kudos for that. Also finally a good use for remnants Looking forward to even more lvl 15 (elite) quests... anyone else feels there's a gap from lvls 12-14? or is it just me that hates that part of leveling?

Anyhow genuinely excited!

There are tons of quests from levels 12-14, the problem is that most people HATE them because it encompasses:

Part of Sorrowdusk
Most of Threnal
HIPS and Restless Isles
Chains of Flame (every time somebody joins me for this quest, I get a litany of ZOMG HATE THIS QUEST. Yes, okay, fine. Shut up about it already. I don't care if you pike at the entrance but BE QUIET.)
Necro 3 (great XP in some of those but also some of the most baffling quests in the game)
A bunch of weird f2p quests hidden in places people don't know about (Enemy Within, Whisperdoom's Spawn, etc). These also tend to have poor xp/minute values even on elite with bravery running.

Still, if you actually DO that stuff there's plenty of XP. But most people would rather farm Shadow Crypt and Von 3 until they're xp capped and can get to Wiz-king.

Oh, I'd just like to note--due to the changes in Threnal you can totes solo it now and while they're not the most entertaining quests out there, they're quite doable and enjoyable these days--and the xp isn't bad.

patang01
07-27-2015, 02:14 PM

I very much doubt that Cordo (community organizer supreme) has anything to do server maintenance, updates and moving the accounts.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:15 PM
On a non-related note, what are the odds we will see a downtime extension?

moomooprincess
07-27-2015, 02:22 PM

150%

or if you want to make a bet, for every $1.00 bet you have to pay me more losings.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:22 PM
I think I am most excited that my hirelings death will no longer affect my xp! No more losing xp because my hireling decided the wall of fire was the best possible place to stand.

barecm
07-27-2015, 02:23 PM

Usually within an hour of the actual uptime, you can patch (but not play) the game. So, at this point, with no patching even happening, I would seriously doubt they make the estimated deadline. I would guess +1 hour if they feel they are close. +2 hours for anything else with more delays potentially coming on top of that.

If the patch server comes up anytime soon, maybe an hour or so from that.

Just a guess. I hope they do make the original estimate.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:26 PM
I think I am most excited that my hirelings death will no longer affect my xp! No more losing xp because my hireling decided the wall of fire was the best possible place to stand.

Bah, pools of lava are the usual hotbed for a fine hires death.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Bah, pools of lava are the usual hotbed for a fine hires death.

We're neglecting the acid trap though, with so many great options it can be hard to pick.

stubythumb
07-27-2015, 02:28 PM
if you factor in that this updates known issues are mainly last updates known issues that statement is factually untrue so all is well :)

if you knew that the reason they were still on the list and why items from 6 updates ago have RE--appeared!! on the list you wouldn't have commented..

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 02:29 PM
120%

ftfy

Check the Release Notes. :p

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:29 PM
We're neglecting the acid trap though, with so many great options it can be hard to pick.

lol. We really should start a thread on "what is a hires best spot to die"?

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 02:31 PM
if you knew that the reason they were still on the list and why items from 6 updates ago have RE--appeared!! on the list you wouldn't have commented..

if you had caught the sarcasm you probably wouldnt have either ;)

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:31 PM

everywhere. end of thread.

"hireling dies waiting on this update to be completed" - some whiny player somewhere

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:34 PM
everywhere. end of thread.

that said playing through claw of vulkoor yesterday my hireling was in a wall of fire so i told him to come to me, he did and then went back to the wall of fire, did that about three times, so I'm sticking with the wall of fire

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 02:35 PM
25 mins to go.

RoberttheBard
07-27-2015, 02:36 PM

In the second quest in the spinner chain, it's standing in the lava pools, when they're one step, literally, from "safety". Although, I had one hire, and my Arti's dog run into one of the pools in Taming the Flames, and I couldn't get their soul stones, because lava... That was back before the "hey, you called, and I'll teleport to you" days though.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:37 PM
25 mins to go.

You are very optimistic.

Actually, the update server still is down so presumably no servers open for another 1-2 hours.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:37 PM
In the second quest in the spinner chain, it's standing in the lava pools, when they're one step, literally, from "safety". Although, I had one hire, and my Arti's dog run into one of the pools in Taming the Flames, and I couldn't get their soul stones, because lava... That was back before the "hey, you called, and I'll teleport to you" days though.

Lost a pugger, our cleric, in a deep lava pool one time. that was fairly entertaining

stubythumb
07-27-2015, 02:38 PM
if you had caught the sarcasm you probably wouldnt have either ;)

Naaa.. i would have.. i try to respond to anything directed my way.. during down time at least..

Scrapco
07-27-2015, 02:39 PM

I've thrown out still-running contracts when they've made me angry enough, so I guess they died on the ground in House P. :-D

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 02:40 PM
20 mins to go.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:41 PM

I think, lava pools is the classic hires trap. they seem to regard this as water. Ofc any trap is a nice hire honeypot too. Walls of Fire only get a honorable mention from me, at least my hires usually get some resistance spells in quest so walls of fire do less damage on them. Does not work in EE, tho, but elsewhere they usually survive long enough for me killing the casters of the wall.

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 02:42 PM
20 mins to go.
Are we there yet?

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 02:43 PM
last time I ran cannith fire caves I fell into one myself. im looking upon hires more kindly since then, their lives, short as they may be are rly harsh and the end is never fun regardless

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:43 PM
20 mins to go.

20 minutes before we start complaining.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:44 PM
I think, lava pools is the classic hires trap. they seem to regard this as water. Ofc any trap is a nice hire honeypot too. Walls of Fire only get a honorable mention from me, at least my hires usually get some resistance spells in quest so walls of fire do less damage on them. Does not work in EE, tho, but elsewhere they usually survive long enough for me killing the casters of the wall.

Fair enough, can't wait to see what

Fixed some conditions that could cause a Hireling to go "brain dead" during combat.

means though

slarden
07-27-2015, 02:45 PM
20 mins to go.

Today consisted of global maintenance followed by the update. The maintenance part was supposed to end @ noon based on the LOTRO site and it's still down. So I am skeptical about the 4pm target unless they are able to install the update while the maintenance is ongoing.

It's been quiet so maybe they are able to work on the update while maintenance is ongoing.

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 02:45 PM
15 mins to go.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:47 PM
15 minutes until this post:

WHY ARENT THE SERVERS UP YET!?!? Turbine doesnt care about its players. If servers aren't up in "X" minutes I am going to rage quit the game. Devs need to learn how to do their jobs. I work in the programming field and I could do this job better. Some angry exclamation. Some justification of my credentials.

Scrapco
07-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I think, lava pools is the classic hires trap. they seem to regard this as water.

That's even worse! Have you ever stood in a pool with leather pants on? *shudder*

They're masochists. That's the only reasonable explanation. They actually take enjoyment out of you cursing at them while they burn to death, begging for someone to heal them ("YOU'RE the cleric! Heal yours-" *DING*).

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
That's even worse! Have you ever stood in a pool with leather pants on? *shudder*

They're masochists. That's the only reasonable explanation. They actually take enjoyment out of you cursing at them while they burn to death, begging for someone to heal them ("YOU'RE the cleric! Heal yours-" *DING*).

Next from E.L. James "50 shades of Flagon Moren"

Count_Sporkula
07-27-2015, 02:50 PM

I thought people realized that til now...

gmt has nothing to do with greewich.... GMT = Generally Meandering Timezone.

In other words. whenever we get there.

glad i have netflix in the meanwhile ^_^

Nestroy

What else a reason would they have to run with us, really?

Steve_Howe
10 mins to go.

visionary1977
Complaining... never... im mentally envisioning what DDO2 would be like... and its blooooooody amazing, now if only I had amazing coding/design skills, a huge bill gates size budget, a prebuilt AI engine and a very very large server room, and could could give all current subs to ddo the best fibre connection available and 8 core intel i7s with 8gb sli nvidia graphics cards.. then my dream would be realised lol

Gratch
07-27-2015, 02:54 PM
LotRO posted a "Maintenance Extended with No ETA" on twitter 15mins ago:

https://twitter.com/lotro

So extension most likely incoming soon. Probably also with no ETA. New data center not quite ready for prime time?

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 02:55 PM
5 mins to go.

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 02:55 PM
LotRO posted a "Maintenance Extended with No ETA" on twitter 15mins ago:

https://twitter.com/lotro

So extension most likely incoming soon. Probably also with no ETA. New data center not quite ready for prime time?

Why am I not surprised at all?

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
The downtime has been extended until 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated.

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Why am I not surprised at all?

wisdom aqquired through past experiences.

gotta grab some food. will check in on the ***storm later :D

Dace
07-27-2015, 02:58 PM
2 minute warning :)

Gleep_Wurp
07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
has anyone seen them? or do I need a new set of glasses?

BoundByChains
The downtime has been extended until 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated.

Aand, right on time.

Well, back to Smash Bros I guess.

barecm

I think it is safe to say, with the +2 hour and not +1 hour increase, that they are no where close to being done. Checking back later tonight.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 03:00 PM

now for the entertainment I've been waiting for

Steve_Howe
0 mins to go.

Time's up.

Where's my game?

[Yes Turbine apologists, this is your cue.]

scurveymic

Hammerdrop

http://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-release-notes

kauetomaz
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM

might as well extend it til end of times ¬_¬

Steve_Howe
07-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Wow, just...wow.

Bolo_Grubb
07-27-2015, 03:04 PM

But but the withdrawal symptoms have begun

Dace
07-27-2015, 03:05 PM
In all truth, I would hate to be a Customer Service Representative if every single scheduled downtime never completed on time.

It's a bit tedious but ho-hum. Might take a look again tomorrow.

Sunnie
Looking forward to... well you know.

http://i.imgur.com/w9WOLiG.gif

Englishboy
What would be amazing for future projects is to get DDO updated to cryengine 3, very stable but heavy on bandwidth. It would give it the umph it needs and grab a whole new flock of players in. Most other MMOs coming out are korean and the usual grind. DDO is in a class of its own with a fantastic community which has kept me gladly paying my subscription and extras.

Hoping this maint brings us something new although I suspect they are going to depower warlock lol. I hope a class comes out soon where you can summon pets and buff them and have them fight for you.

Flavilandile
07-27-2015, 03:06 PM
gmt has nothing to do with greewich.... GMT = Generally Meandering Timezone.

Everybody uses UTC nowadays anyway.... (except Turbine...that uses LTT [Local Turbine Time]) GMT is something of the past.

from UTC it's easy to get a local time ( even with daylight saving or not )...

And since it's been extended for a few more hours.... time for more Civ.

arkonas
07-27-2015, 03:07 PM

yup just getting old. its in the dev tracker in this thread if you look at the posts 2nd one or click on https://www.ddo.com/en/update-27-release-notes

relenttless
07-27-2015, 03:07 PM
hey-ho no surprises here.

disappointing obviously...9.00pm here in the uk, was hoping to get in and have a peek tonight before bedtime, looking highly unlikely...and a long work day tomorrow means nothing doing til Wednesday.
As long as they haven't totally screwed up and there is a hotfix on Wednesday......

Nestroy
07-27-2015, 03:11 PM
0 mins to go.

Time's up.

Where's my game?

[Yes Turbine apologists, this is your cue.]

Steve, this is just plain what to be fully expected from Turbine anyways. This time we even got notice before time was running up. So no need to be hasty.

gaqkabo
07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Uh well, guess I could finish some more forecasts... Turbine U r making me too productive and ppl start forming false expectations....

kanordog
07-27-2015, 03:13 PM
hey-ho no surprises here.

disappointing obviously...9.00pm here in the uk, was hoping to get in and have a peek tonight before bedtime, looking highly unlikely...and a long work day tomorrow means nothing doing til Wednesday.
As long as they haven't totally screwed up and there is a hotfix on Wednesday......

Well, I'm not going to buy the new pack tonight...

Holleyz
07-27-2015, 03:14 PM

Uh huh. I knew there was a reason I downloaded the game Tera.

jayne1973
and it here we go!!

JDCrowell
Work 64-72 hours a week with one day off a month....which just happened to be today. Planned on playing today at some point. LOL Guess not. Looks like I'll continue to catch up on more episodes of Classic Doctor Who until the girlfriend gets home....

Nice welcome back from over a year off....haha.

drwho1985
07-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Uh well, guess I could finish some more forecasts... Turbine U r making me too productive and ppl start forming false expectations....

Im still at work too, so update away! Do the MMR/PPR tomes start at level 1?

Sunnie
The realistic, modest, and aesthetically pleasing armor?

ForgettableNPC
You wake up suddenly to find yourself in prison.

You have no recollection of any past event including that of yourself.

You are wearing tattered rags.

The cell is comprised mainly of stone bricks, a window blocked by iron bars, the same obstacle preventing your escape.

Next to you is a poorly-constructed bed which look very uncomfortable to sleep on.

What do you do?

A) Search the cell
B) Sleep
C) Escape with whatever you have on hand.

Augon
07-27-2015, 03:17 PM

Might need that new set of glasses :)

Cordovan posted them about 12:00 Eastern

But no worries - looks like you have at least 2 hours to read em before the game comes back up

slarden
07-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Steve, this is just plain what to be fully expected from Turbine anyways. This time we even got notice before time was running up. So no need to be hasty.

To be fair the maintenance part is completely out of the hands of the development team - and that appears to be the cause of the delay.

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 03:18 PM
You wake up suddenly to find yourself in prison.

You have no recollection of any past event including that of yourself.

You are wearing tattered rags.

The cell is comprised mainly of stone bricks, a window blocked by iron bars, the same obstacle preventing your escape.

Next to you is a poorly-constructed bed which look very uncomfortable to sleep on.

What do you do?

A) Search the cell
B) Sleep
C) Escape with whatever you have on hand.
D)
Banter with the dark elf in the cell across until the emperor arrives and needs to escape through the secret tunnel.

Cleanincubus
07-27-2015, 03:19 PM
Took a break from DDO to play Destiny. 3 weeks ago I took a break from Destiny to play DDO. Back to Destiny it is :)

Holleyz
07-27-2015, 03:19 PM

Why yes that would be the one. Keep trying to tell turbine that sex sells but nope they wont listen.

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:20 PM
D)
Banter with the dark elf in the cell across until the emperor arrives and needs to escape through the secret tunnel.

The dark elf is unconscious, you are having a one-sided conversation with them.
The Emperor does not seem to arrive.

What do you do?

A) Give up
B) Sleep
C) Try to escape with materials on hand
D) Search the cell
E) Do that one trick in the book where you act sick and your cellmate calls for one of the guards and bonks his head from behind when they enter the cell to help the "sick" guy.

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 03:21 PM
D) Search the cell

Guess we gotta find the secret tunnel on our own then.

JP457
07-27-2015, 03:22 PM

I'm shocked! Shocked that Turbine once again has completely fouled up an update. Why even bother giving completion times?

cdbd3rd
07-27-2015, 03:23 PM

And nothing at all to do with the "bounce" algorithm in the physics engine. :rolleyes:

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Guess we gotta find the secret tunnel on our own then.

You find a bloody shiv, a chamberpot filled with dirt, a bowl of gruel that hasn't been touched, the bed still where it is, and an extremely dirty nail.

What do you do?

A) Try to escape with what you have.
B) Throw a shiv at the dark elf across the cell from you.
C) Try to shank one of the guards as they walk past.
D) Realize there's probably a secret passage hidden from the guard's line of sight behind the bed, prisons always have those.
E) Eat some gruel.

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM
The dark elf is unconscious, you are having a one-sided conversation with them.
The Emperor does not seem to arrive.

What do you do?

A) Give up
B) Sleep
C) Try to escape with materials on hand
D) Search the cell
E) Do that one trick in the book where you act sick and your cellmate calls for one of the guards and bonks his head from behind when they enter the cell to help the "sick" guy.

*RAISES HAND*

Is there any valuable treasures in the room?

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:27 PM
*RAISES HAND*

Is there any valuable treasures in the room?

See the one post above yours and determine on your own volition if they can be counted as "treasure"

arrowstopper
07-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Wow, just...wow.

no WOW is worse lol

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
See the one post above yours and determine on your own volition if they can be counted as "treasure"

I did, thats why I was askin. Seein as how that indicates there is none, and I have no recollection of where I is, who is the other guy other than the drow?

Tesla5000
07-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Hey Team,

I will need you to go ahead and add an hour to the extended down time. Yesterday my guildies and I made a bet on what the actual downtime would be and I bet on plus 3 hours!!

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I did, thats why I was askin. Seein as how that indicates there is none, and I have no recollection of where I is, who is the other guy other than the drow?

There's actually no other guy, that was meant as a joke choice where you tried to act sick but then realize that there isn't anyone else in your cell to make the trick work, making you feel stupid.

Systern
07-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Updated Known Issues: (Last updated 7/27/15)

The game isn't available.

On the bright side, my VIP was supposed to renew today, but since it's the billing servers that are being moved, I haven't been charged and am not paying for this extended outage.

Blackheartox
07-27-2015, 03:34 PM

Yea, because ddos armors look so amazingly great that there are no words to describe them!

PsiCorps
07-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Whilst I'm all for the updates and new content, the downside of this is the time it takes to implement them. I was looking forward to a few hours of game time before bedtime, Now I'll have to wait until I get in from work tomorrow.

Hope it all goes well for those of you able to play with the many new things.

gabbatastic
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
UPDATE: The downtime has been extended until 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT). We will keep you updated.

JUST ONCE, could we get an accurate time window. Guessing over is ALWAYS better than guessing under. No one will be mad if you beat your deadline. Going over is ALWAYS frustrating...

arrowstopper
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Hey Team,

I will need you to go ahead and add an hour to the extended down time. Yesterday my guildies and I made a bet on what the actual downtime would be and I bet on plus 3 hours!!

good luck hopefully you win

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 03:36 PM
There's actually no other guy, that was meant as a joke choice where you tried to act sick but then realize that there isn't anyone else in your cell to make the trick work, making you feel stupid.

I accept the quest from the quasi real NPC Ive just self-invented to find and tell the game developer this wasnt a very fun adventure!

erdson
07-27-2015, 03:38 PM
So did the Guild Airships Tavern fix really make it into live? There was a post by Cordovan in the Lama forums that it would be removed from the Release Notes... It wasn't, as I still see the note there in the release notes Cordovan posted a link to earlier.

Nachomammashouse
07-27-2015, 03:38 PM
I just love downtime haikus!! :)

Downtime extended
Sadness overcomes my heart
Tears begin to fall

U27
Brings Trials of the Archons
Epic Shavarath

Arraetrikos back
Leader of devil army
Treasonous Harry

Was perfect time for
Shavarath engenders theme
Why you no Tiefling?

New tomes at trader
For mysterious remnants
+1 and +2

Gingerlocks series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DvuxNy7tzk)
Extra episode today (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTX5IZhNI5uZaamLCAvtc7c2BkaSR_VVZ)
Bonus video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrXG0iDD5Q)

Lonnbeimnech
07-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Yea, because ddos armors look so amazingly great that there are no words to describe them!

Pauldron-icious!

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I accept the quest from the quasi real NPC Ive just self-invented to find and tell the game developer this wasnt a very fun adventure!

Your complaint has been noted and you're about to receive a well-timed response when suddenly the floor opens up beneath you and you fall into the sewers. It seems slightly cleaner than the water they've been giving you.

Do you:
A) Run in the direction you're facing
B) Run in the other direction
C) Dive into the water
D) Wait so that the guards can come get you
E) Shiv yourself

Dace
07-27-2015, 03:42 PM
What is the record number of pages that an overrunning downtime has generated, and can we beat it?

smithers
07-27-2015, 03:42 PM

A few interesting bits in there, including hireling AI.

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:43 PM
What is the record number of pages that an overrunning downtime has generated, and can we beat it?

Most likely this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458107-Downtime-Notice-Monday-April-6th-8-00-AM-12-00-PM-Eastern-(-5-GMT)

I got to host a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game in there! Twice! (I think)

Gljosh
07-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Downtime extended...but my Daily Dice roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my FREE DAILY DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So to make things better give everyone a Free Gold Daily Dice roll. That way I am happy and some other people as well.

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 03:44 PM
So did the Guild Airships Tavern fix really make it into live? There was a post by Cordovan in the Lama forums that it would be removed from the Release Notes... It wasn't, as I still see the note there in the release notes Cordovan posted a link to earlier.

Yes, this did get fixed and made it into the build.

Frogger1234
07-27-2015, 03:44 PM

available under
https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes

Dace
07-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Most likely this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/458107-Downtime-Notice-Monday-April-6th-8-00-AM-12-00-PM-Eastern-(-5-GMT)

I got to host a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure game in there! Twice! (I think)

47 pages is pretty impressive.

Braegan
07-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Your complaint has been noted and you're about to receive a well-timed response when suddenly the floor opens up beneath you and you fall into the sewers. It seems slightly cleaner than the water they've been giving you.

Do you:
C) Dive into the water
E) Shiv yourself

Do I see anything different from the two directions?

I take a minute to look at the area.

Which direction is the water moving? Do I feel air coming from either direction?

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Do I see anything different from the two directions?

I take a minute to look at the area.

Which direction is the water moving? Do I feel air coming from either direction?

There's a faint ray of light as well as a gentle gust of air in the direction you're facing. The water seems to be moving towards the opposite direction, deep inside the unknown darkness.

Do you:
A) Run towards the light
B) Run away from the light
C) Eat the shiv.
D) Other.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 03:57 PM
There's a faint ray of light as well as a gentle gust of air in the direction you're facing. The water seems to be moving towards the opposite direction, deep inside the unknown darkness.

Do you:
A) Run towards the light
C) Eat the shiv.
D) Other.

D) other - use shiv to create a trap behind me before moving towards the light

kanordog
07-27-2015, 03:57 PM

Do you:
A) Run towards the light
C) Eat the shiv.
D) Other.

Hey, is somebody runnin' around in my sewers?

mightstriker
07-27-2015, 03:59 PM
I relax, knowing that several of my well paid minions have already bribed the guards. The tunnel is comfortable, and I find a burro to mount waiting which will take me to a safehouse. I will never be incarcerated again!

Do you:
C) Dive into the water
E) Shiv yourself

Eryhn
07-27-2015, 04:00 PM

I dont know how much it was. However, given the recent sluggishness of forums I am sort of afraid this will bring back the forum lag. Thankfully the fallout has been minimized; really, who knows how many posts would already be weighing on the forum's kobolds if we had been informed as prematurely as Lotro http://i.imgur.com/I9V1N8m.png

Braegan
07-27-2015, 04:01 PM

Do you:
A) Run towards the light
C) Eat the shiv.
D) Other.

Hmmm,

I muse to myself that the light and the fresh air could well be a way out or could of course be a way back into the strange prison I found myself in. Whereas the water flowing should lead to a exit as no one wants sewer water hanging about.

I curse my strange luck and proceed away from the light following the flow of the "water."

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:01 PM
D) other - use shiv to create a trap behind me before moving towards the light

With no decent materials in hand, you stick the shiv in the ground hoping they'll step on the shiv as they pass over it.

As you run ahead, you hear sounds behind you.

"Ow, my foot!"

It's the guards. You run faster and faster towards the light and come out a large pipe next to a bridge.

Do you:

A) Keep running
B) Hide
C) Run back, maybe they'll forgive you and give you back your shiv.
D) Advance the story forward by two weeks.
E) Other.

scurveymic
07-27-2015, 04:03 PM
With no decent materials in hand, you stick the shiv in the ground hoping they'll step on the shiv as they pass over it.

As you run ahead, you hear sounds behind you.

"Ow, my foot!"

It's the guards. You run faster and faster towards the light and come out a large pipe next to a bridge.

Do you:

A) Keep running
B) Hide
C) Run back, maybe they'll forgive you and give you back your shiv.
D) Advance the story forward by two weeks.
E) Other.

Hide on top of the pipe, waiting for the trope where they run past me without paying attention, then hide out inside the tunnel for a while

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Hide on top of the pipe, waiting for the trope where they run past me without paying attention, then hide out inside the tunnel for a while

While he does that, can I swan dive out of the pipe and continue my quest for the one armed man?

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:10 PM
I relax, knowing that several of my well paid minions have already bribed the guards. The tunnel is comfortable, and I find a burro to mount waiting which will take me to a safehouse. I will never be incarcerated again!

You ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again. You probably lead a good life smoking cigars made from poorly-worded legal documents and sipping on alcoholic beverages until the inevitable liver cancer overtakes you.

Do you:

A) Redo your adventure
B) Save and quit.

Hmmm,

I muse to myself that the light and the fresh air could well be a way out or could of course be a way back into the strange prison I found myself in. Whereas the water flowing should lead to a exit as no one wants sewer water hanging about.

I curse my strange luck and proceed away from the light following the flow of the "water."

As you run towards the darkness, your foot is pulled by something below you, dragging the rest of you through a system of underwater tunnels.

Do you:

A) Fight the pull.
B) Don't resist and hope it knows where it's taking you.
C) Shiv it.

The guards poke their heads out the pipe, and search the area, in a coincidence of strange luck, they all roll a natural 1 on their Spot and Search checks and runs past you.

You hide for a while, and as luck would have it, a small caravan starts to pass, in the same direction your pipe came out of, from the city behind it.

Do you:

A) Board the caravan in a sneaky manner
B) Rob the caravan
C) Lie in the middle of the road, appearing like someone in need.

While he does that, can I swan dive out of the pipe and continue my quest for the one armed man?

You can do anything you want.

Do you:

A) Continue your quest
B) Give up and go home
C) Save and forget about this quest for a few weeks and then come back and have no idea what you're doing.

professoredwards
07-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah, it's 13 hours maintenance. I'm sure there will be more than just a 1 thing. But, indeed.. it's too early I assume. You are right.

I'm sure they'll be efficient as US Air.

Braegan
07-27-2015, 04:16 PM
As you run towards the darkness, your foot is pulled by something below you, dragging the rest of you through a system of underwater tunnels.

Do you:

A) Fight the pull.
C) Shiv it.

B

I take what may be my last breath of air for an unknown amount of time, relax my body to avoid rigid abrasions like bouncing of underwater walls and ready myself mentally for what awaits me on the other side...

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 04:17 PM
You ride off into the sunset, never to be seen again. You probably lead a good life smoking cigars made from poorly-worded legal documents and sipping on alcoholic beverages until the inevitable liver cancer overtakes you.

Do you:

A) Redo your adventure
B) Save and quit.

Do you:

A) Fight the pull.
C) Shiv it.

The guards poke their heads out the pipe, and search the area, in a coincidence of strange luck, they all roll a natural 1 on their Spot and Search checks and runs past you.

You hide for a while, and as luck would have it, a small caravan starts to pass, in the same direction your pipe came out of, from the city behind it.

Do you:

A) Board the caravan in a sneaky manner
B) Rob the caravan
C) Lie in the middle of the road, appearing like someone in need.

You can do anything you want.

Do you:

A) Continue your quest
B) Give up and go home
C) Save and forget about this quest for a few weeks and then come back and have no idea what you're doing.

I pretend to quit, then when the GM isnt looking, I slip out through the fourth wall and into the inner cosmology of the game mechanics plane.

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:19 PM
B

I take what may be my last breath of air for an unknown amount of time, relax my body to avoid rigid abrasions like bouncing of underwater walls and ready myself mentally for what awaits me on the other side...

You are pulled through the tunnels for what seems like an indefinite amount of time...

You run out of air and fall unconscious after a few bumps to the head as the thing pulls you along.

...You wake up in a spacious cavern.

An entrance to a cavern, to be precise, it seems like quite a nice day out.

Do you:

A) Run outside
B) Search the area
C) Stay inside the cave
D) Go deeper inside the cave
E) Other

I pretend to quit, then when the GM isnt looking, I slip out through the fourth wall and into the inner cosmology of the game mechanics plane.

Your feeble mortal mind is overwhelmed by the great mechanics of forces you cannot comprehend and go insane.
When you are sent back to your original location, you are nothing but a raving lunatic, and soon committed to an asylum as they attempt to exorcise you.

Do you:
A) Restart your adventure
B) Save and quit

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:21 PM
The Worlds are still not open!

blackdoguk
07-27-2015, 04:22 PM

I'll admit it - you got me

The_Sky's_My_Muse
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
You are pulled through the tunnels for what seems like an indefinite amount of time...

You run out of air and fall unconscious after a few bumps to the head as the thing pulls you along.

Do you:

A) Run outside
B) Search the area
C) Stay inside the cave
E) Other

Your feeble mortal mind is overwhelmed by the great mechanics of forces you cannot comprehend and go insane.
When you are sent back to your original location, you are nothing but a raving lunatic, and soon committed to an asylum as they attempt to exorcise you.

Do you:
A) Restart your adventure
B) Save and quit

I exit stage left to play DDO which is of course sane and rational.

Stormblade721
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM

odd that

Galad1
07-27-2015, 04:25 PM
RL World yes, ddo servers not so much....... my client is still trying to find a server to patch from....... :-(

Stormblade721
07-27-2015, 04:26 PM
RL World yes, ddo servers not so much....... my client is still trying to find a server to patch from....... :-(

What he said

Braegan
07-27-2015, 04:27 PM

Do you:

A) Run outside
B) Search the area
C) Stay inside the cave
E) Other

Eyeing the outside within reach grants me new resolve. I tend, best I can, to any injuries I sustained on my water journey as well as take a minute to observe my person for any strange marking that might present themselves as a clue (bruises, branding, tattoos, etc)

After that B. I search my immediate surroundings...

BoundByChains
07-27-2015, 04:28 PM
"The Flawless Victory Bonus is now per character, and characters will no longer lose the bonus unless they die. Someone else in the group dying no longer removes this bonus. Hireling deaths also no longer reduce the Flawless Bonus."

YES! Now I can die and not get yelled at for ruining some exp for everyone else!

Powskier
07-27-2015, 04:29 PM

only if you can load the update..stuck on the 33% cr^p fail..this game reeks

ellfia
07-27-2015, 04:31 PM
JUST ONCE, could we get an accurate time window. Guessing over is ALWAYS better than guessing under. No one will be mad if you beat your deadline. Going over is ALWAYS frustrating...

It would be nice if it was posted on game launcher it really takes 17 hours to put in a update?

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Eyeing the outside within reach grants me new resolve. I tend, best I can, to any injuries I sustained on my water journey as well as take a minute to observe my person for any strange marking that might present themselves as a clue (bruises, branding, tattoos, etc)

After that B. I search my immediate surroundings...

Carefully observing yourself, you find a single number tattooed to the back of your hand. The number "6", you have a slight pain in your head, but a few bumps, no drain bamage or anything similar here, it seems.

You search the area, you find your shiv, a small black crystalline isocahedron, the tattered rags you're wearing, and a loaf of bread wrapped in leaves. You're pretty sure you didn't have anything resembling an actual food for years, despite your amnesia.

Do you:
A) Eat the bread
B) Throw the crystal
C) Shiv something randomly
D) Rip off the tattered rags, because who needs clothes?
E) Do something else.
F) Use a Game Genie

BoundByChains
07-27-2015, 04:33 PM
"There is now an NPC in the Hall of Heroes and on guild airships that allow a character to temporarily suspend their Bravery Bonus. This is a toggle, and will remain in effect until toggled again by speaking to the NPC. The Bravery Bonus will not reset nor increment when suspended."

Another thing I'm excited about.

Stormblade721
07-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Carefully observing yourself, you find a single number tattooed to the back of your hand. The number "6", you have a slight pain in your head, but a few bumps, no drain bamage or anything similar here, it seems.

You search the area, you find your shiv, a small black crystalline isocahedron, the tattered rags you're wearing, and a loaf of bread wrapped in leaves. You're pretty sure you didn't have anything resembling an actual food for years, despite your amnesia.

Do you:
A) Eat the bread
B) Throw the crystal
E) Do something else.
F) Use a Game Genie

G) None of the above............I just wanna know how I became Fu Manchu's #6 son....................

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:35 PM
G) None of the above............I just wanna know how I became Fu Manchu's #6 son....................

Well, you see, when a mommy Fu Manchu and a daddy Fu Manchu loves each other very much...

BoundByChains
07-27-2015, 04:35 PM
"Players can now craft directly from their Shared Bank: Crafting Storage supply when using a Barter UI. When crafting, the Barter UI will automatically search your Crafting Storage for items that match the available recipes."

Huzzah!

Stormblade721
07-27-2015, 04:36 PM
"Players can now craft directly from their Shared Bank: Crafting Storage supply when using a Barter UI. When crafting, the Barter UI will automatically search your Crafting Storage for items that match the available recipes."

Huzzah!

So if I want to put all of my crafting items in my shared bank, I will need approximately 722 spaces................ what does that add up to in Turbine points?

NanooNanoo
07-27-2015, 04:41 PM

only if you can load the update..stuck on the 33% cr^p fail..this game reeks

I think he probably got too excited when he saw the progress bar starting at 1%, and thought that the server worlds were up. Then when he saw that it was still stuck at 33%, regretted his premature posting.

Braegan

Do you:
A) Eat the bread
B) Throw the crystal
E) Do something else.
F) Use a Game Genie

Hmm. I glance over my newfound marking "6," with great disdain.

I move closer to the entrance of the cave and remove my clothes to allow them to dry in the sunlight. While my rags dry I ration out the bread into portions since I've no idea until I will have another chance at food. Once I have portioned out my bread rations, I consume a half portion hoping that if the bread is poisoned my body is strong enough to resist a half portion of it. After my rags dry I use the shiv to cut a portion of cloth off enough to cover my branding/tattoo with a wrap. Not sure I want to advertise this just yet.

Provided I feel ok after eating the bread and my rags drying I explore a bit into the cave...

BoundByChains
So if I want to put all of my crafting items in my shared bank, I will need approximately 722 spaces................ what does that add up to in Turbine points?

Aint' nobody got time fo' dat.
/ebonics
Calculating, that is.

OrodelaSol
07-27-2015, 04:42 PM
"There is now an NPC in the Hall of Heroes and on guild airships that allow a character to temporarily suspend their Bravery Bonus. This is a toggle, and will remain in effect until toggled again by speaking to the NPC. The Bravery Bonus will not reset nor increment when suspended."

Another thing I'm excited about.

Seriously? What a horrible idea...if you are squishy, you should die, release, run hard...that's what I did before able to run elite. The whole idea of bravery bonus is to reward toons for being "brave" i.e. able to handle elite content and get more xp and level more quickly. Being able to suspend it is like calling time-out in the middle of a fight where you are getting beat. Just get your butt kicked, learn, comeback stronger and win...sorry would much rather be questing but not an option. I actually understand why one would want to do this but don't believe it should be an option.

Sunnie
07-27-2015, 04:43 PM

Do you:
A) Eat the bread
B) Throw the crystal
E) Do something else.
F) Use a Game Genie
I shiv the bread, then eat it.
You can't be too careful.

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:43 PM
I think he probably got too excited when he saw the progress bar starting at 1%, and thought that the server worlds were up. Then when he saw that it was still stuck at 33%, regretted his premature posting.

No, that "still not" part of it was intentional, just to give people false hope.

And then shatter it like a frozen zombie corpse-cicle

apacheizm23
07-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Seriously? What a horrible idea...if you are squishy, you should die, release, run hard...that's what I did before able to run elite. The whole idea of bravery bonus is to reward toons for being "brave" i.e. able to handle elite content and get more xp and level more quickly. Being able to suspend it is like calling time-out in the middle of a fight where you are getting beat. Just get your butt kicked, learn, comeback stronger and win...sorry would much rather be questing but not an option. I actually understand why one would want to do this but don't believe it should be an option.

:cool: Agreed.

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:47 PM
I shiv the bread, then eat it.
You can't be too careful.

Hmm. I glance over my newfound marking "6," with great disdain.

I move closer to the entrance of the cave and remove my clothes to allow them to dry in the sunlight. While my rags dry I ration out the bread into portions since I've no idea until I will have another chance at food. Once I have portioned out my bread rations, I consume a half portion hoping that if the bread is poisoned my body is strong enough to resist a half portion of it. After my rags dry I use the shiv to cut a portion of cloth off enough to cover my branding/tattoo with a wrap. Not sure I want to advertise this just yet.

Provided I feel ok after eating the bread and my rags drying I explore a bit into the cave...

It tastes delicious. You wish you had some butter to go with it.

You enter the cave, the light entering from various holes in the cavern walls allow you to at least see where you're going.

You continue to walk, your foot's starting to hurt, maybe you should go back?

A) Go back
B) Keep going forward.
C) Take a short break
D) Eat some more of that delicious bread, I'm sure you could catch something to eat later on...
E) Other.

Avenger_67
07-27-2015, 04:47 PM
:cool: Agreed.

yep, bad idea.

UurlockYgmeov
07-27-2015, 04:48 PM
http://www.iloveourchurch.com/images/serverdown.jpg

Dace
07-27-2015, 04:50 PM
So... all worlds back up in 10m?

Any takers on that bet?

BoundByChains

I like it as there are a good handful of quests I know nothing about and I would love to be able to run them on Normal to figure them out. I'm not exactly super squishy, but I did die about 52 times total in EE Thunderholme. So I'm glad I can turn it off and figure the quset out first BEFORE I get my butt handed to me.

Oh, and I almost exclusively solo stuff. Mostly because I'm antisocial.

Cleanincubus
The LotRO Twitter page says their game went up an hour ago...

Edit: Started downloading an update in the DDO launcher.

LightBear
07-27-2015, 04:51 PM
yep, bad idea.

Nope, it's a good idea. I can solo things just fine on EE. I just don't find it fun to do and it's slower then to run it in a party.

Systern
07-27-2015, 04:53 PM

Any takers on that bet?

Patch server's up... getting downloads now......

UurlockYgmeov
Updating!

Avenger_67

Any takers on that bet?

Nope, servers will back up when they are back up... No sooner or later then when they get back up and running.

TheWalruss
Updating!

Client is patching now.

Steve_Howe
Updating!

Yep, just started patching too.

Gratch
07-27-2015, 04:54 PM

Any takers on that bet?

LotRO was up (due to only the server move stuff) an hour ago. So hopefully the data center issue is done and they're just doing final QA checks on the build before enabling patching and then the worlds.

Hammerdrop
Patching also:p

apacheizm23
Updating!

Yes it is.

Braegan
It tastes delicious. You wish you had some butter to go with it.

You enter the cave, the light entering from various holes in the cavern walls allow you to at least see where you're going.

You continue to walk, your foot's starting to hurt, maybe you should go back?

A) Go back
B) Keep going forward.
C) Take a short break
D) Eat some more of that delicious bread, I'm sure you could catch something to eat later on...
E) Other.

Hmm, I take a moment to try and gain my bearings...does it look like going into the cave further leads me back to the prison or away from it? I also take note of the cave itself. Are there any traces of animal life suggesting what might inhabit the area?

Avenger_67
07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Updating!

Yep, Client is updating. Woooohoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Galad1
07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
YAY patching, Client has found teh server....... all is good (for now at least) :-)

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 04:56 PM
The game worlds have reopened! Please note that the DDO Store remains unavailable while we troubleshoot a remaining issue.

apacheizm23
07-27-2015, 04:56 PM
done

07-27-2015, 04:58 PM
the best thing about this patch in my opinion is the search bar in options and Fullscreen borderless mode! I can finally tab out without performance issues and still have full screen :D

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Hmm, I take a moment to try and gain my bearings...does it look like going into the cave further leads me back to the prison or away from it? I also take note of the cave itself. Are there any traces of animal life suggesting what might inhabit the area?

There are small cavernous insects and some arachnids.
They'd look delicious if grilled right.

You don't hear any screaming prisoners or noisy guards or anything of the like, so it's probably safe to assume you're not heading towards the prison.

Do you:

A) Go forward
B) Go back
C) Give up your adventure
D) Enter Eberron and play some DDO.

NanooNanoo
07-27-2015, 05:00 PM
the best thing about this patch in my opinion is the search bar in options and Fullscreen borderless mode! I can finally tab out without performance issues and still have full screen :D

they had this feature some years ago, and for some reason, in one of their updates, they got rid of it.

Braegan
07-27-2015, 05:00 PM
There are small cavernous insects and some arachnids.
They'd look delicious if grilled right.

You don't hear any screaming prisoners or noisy guards or anything of the like, so it's probably safe to assume you're not heading towards the prison.

Do you:

A) Go forward
B) Go back
C) Give up your adventure
D) Enter Eberron and play some DDO.

D

But after saving this adventure to be continued at a later date.

:)

Flavilandile
07-27-2015, 05:01 PM
up worlds are

ForgettableNPC
07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
D

But after saving this adventure to be continued at a later date.

:)

Your adventure has been saved. Please remember your progress so that the system can continue it at a later date.

Your Password is: HowDoBeholdersCastFingerOfDeathWithoutFingers

acdccod
07-27-2015, 05:05 PM
The game worlds have reopened! Please note that the DDO Store remains unavailable while we troubleshoot a remaining issue.

Great job guys I just got home from work.

Avenger_67
07-27-2015, 05:09 PM

Thank you and good job guys.

Ovrad
07-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Spiritual Retribution now works on unarmed attacks.

Thank you!

This bug was a MASSIVE nerf to my dps, glad it's finally fixed.

NanooNanoo
07-27-2015, 05:12 PM

I would generally agree, but there are some exceptions. Like Necro 3 chain. I'd rather knock those out quickly on normal cuz I absolutely hate those quests. And then farm Cursed Crypt on elite for the xp.

Vellrad
07-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Thank you and good job guys.

good job?
where?

Dimwhit1
07-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Any ETA on the store coming back up?

twinstronglord
07-27-2015, 05:24 PM
Aaaaaaaaand the DDO store is down.

Avenger_67
07-27-2015, 05:26 PM
good job?
where?

servers are back up, game is patched and billing moved to new data center. That is a good job.

Sunnsett
07-27-2015, 05:30 PM
18:26 Monday cannot log in, keeps kicking out during loading of log in window. BTW, is anything going to be done about the glitch with guild ship crew Lavora d'Jorasco? Does not apply healer buff. I've reported this through bug reports repeatedly for past 8 months, does not even show as a known issue.

Vellrad
07-27-2015, 05:35 PM
servers are back up, game is patched and billing moved to new data center. That is a good job.

no, breaking store is terrible job
making update on same day as moving store things was bad idea, turbine should know its on history, and thinking it will come without bugs is either extremally unvise or unjustified overconfidence.

Cordovan
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
The DDO Store has also reopened. However, DDO players using Steam will be unable to purchase Turbine Points.

Avenger_67
07-27-2015, 05:44 PM
no, breaking store is terrible job
making update on same day as moving store things was bad idea, turbine should know its on history, and thinking it will come without bugs is either extremally unvise or unjustified overconfidence.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you think you can do a better job, then why haven't you put in your application and help make the game better instead of *****ing about it.