PDA

View Full Version : Have Cormyrean Knight Training work with Shields

DC_Nightfire
07-21-2015, 09:18 AM
I was personally disappointed when I finally noticed that my CHA based PDK vanguard had a much lower to hit with her shield than her sword because the CHA to hit/damage does not apply to shields.

I would like to see Cormyrean Knight Training modified to include shields. I think that it would make sense because PDK does seem to be made for Sword & Board that of they can use CHA for combat it would apply to both tools they use most commonly.

Feylian
07-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Way too hard. Then strenght would be the worst stat ever

FranOhmsford
07-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Actually it does make sense that you'd be less likely to get a good hit in with your Shield than with your Sword, Axe or Hammer.

Your Shield is a secondary offensive weapon and your Knight Training concentrates on using it defensively.

Now maybe Knight Training could add an equal AC bonus based on your Charisma to your Shield?

Tlorrd
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
not to derail the thread but also improved critical bludgeoning feat should apply to shields as well.

unbongwah
07-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Why stop with CKT, though? Make Weapon Finesse & the various DEX-to-dmg effects apply to bucklers for DEX-based Swashbucklers. If Strategic Combat doesn't apply to shields already, it ought to.