PDA

View Full Version : Need a 2nd Life Clonk Build

FranOhmsford
06-29-2015, 04:53 AM
Half-Elf
Quarterstaves {Have Sireth}
1st Life Cleric
All 3 Divine EDs maxed, Starting GMoF.

Just Cleric/Monk pls. No Pally or Rogue or anything else levels.

Jiirix
06-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Heavy armor or cloth? As it will be a flavor(ish) build anyway you can pick your favorite style.

FranOhmsford
06-29-2015, 05:13 AM
Heavy armor or cloth? As it will be a flavor(ish) build anyway you can pick your favorite style.

Why would I go Hvy Armour on a Clonk?

Wouldn't that completely negate the Monk levels and make GMoF useless on a life where I'm going to be farming that destiny?

Oh and since when has Clonk been a "Flavour" Build?

Saekee
06-29-2015, 06:35 AM
Half-Elf
Quarterstaves {Have Sireth}
1st Life Cleric
All 3 Divine EDs maxed, Starting GMoF.

Just Cleric/Monk pls. No Pally or Rogue or anything else levels.

Hi Fran, I thought clonks leveraged the synergies of high wisdom with stunning fist and cleric spells. Why the staff? If using stunning fist, then 2 monk/18 cleric; for staves, 6 monk (for tier 5 henshin and shadow veil).

If staff, I also suggest going dark so as to take scewl in tier 5 henshin for extra group healing instead of neg leveling everyone.
Can't speak for cleric stuff...

The DCs of GMoF are based on character levels and wisdom, so the number of monk levels will not matter.

FranOhmsford
06-29-2015, 07:26 AM
Hi Fran, I thought clonks leveraged the synergies of high wisdom with stunning fist and cleric spells. Why the staff? If using stunning fist, then 2 monk/18 cleric; for staves, 6 monk (for tier 5 henshin and shadow veil).

If staff, I also suggest going dark so as to take scewl in tier 5 henshin for extra group healing instead of neg leveling everyone.
Can't speak for cleric stuff...

The DCs of GMoF are based on character levels and wisdom, so the number of monk levels will not matter.

Staves because I have them and don't have wraps.

As I stated...I have a Sireth and plan to use it.

Also flavour and lore wise I don't like the idea of using wraps on a Cleric but that's a side issue - I have the staves, I don't have the wraps!

I was hoping for a 18/2 or 17/3 build so I could main heal if necessary {yes I know that's barely required anymore} but my main issue is with levelling order and enhancements otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking.

Enderoc
06-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Why not use drow and shortswords?

UurlockYgmeov
06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
disclaimer: haven't done cleric yet....

but did 3 lives as 18 druid 2 monk....

used q-staves (specifically Stave of the Seer (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Stave_of_the_Seer)). Heck believe used it all the way until level 20 when TR'd.

This may or may not be helpful - but here is what I believe I did for those lives.

took Monk for level 2 and level 8, rest druid.

STR - 16
DEX - 11
CON - 16
INT - 12
WIS - 15 (all level up points here)
CHA - 6

1 - Augment Summons
3 - Cleave
6 - Empower
9 - Great Cleave
12 - Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
15 - Maximize
18 - Quicken
21 - >>>
24 - To Be Determined

Monk 1 -
Monk 2 -

FranOhmsford
06-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Why not use drow and shortswords?

If I wanted a Drow Shortsword build I'd have asked for a Drow Shortsword Build!

Apart from for needing Iconic Past Lives my characters will remain the same race through every incarnation! This one is a H-Elf!
I have Staves, I DON'T Have Short Swords or Wraps or Kamas or anything else!
I'm going to be in GMoF as soon as I hit 20 and will be levelling GMoF and possibly Leg Dread/Shadowdancer too on this 2nd Life - I'd like to be viable but this doesn't mean I need to be maxed out!

If you can't provide a build that works under the restrictions I posted then why reply?

I know many many people have played 18/2 and 17/3 Cleric Monks and I'm sure many of those have been Staff builds - Surely someone can provide me with a decent levelling route for a 2nd Life H-Elf Staff wielding Clonk?

FranOhmsford
06-29-2015, 09:29 PM
disclaimer: haven't done cleric yet....

but did 3 lives as 18 druid 2 monk....

used q-staves (specifically Stave of the Seer (http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Stave_of_the_Seer)). Heck believe used it all the way until level 20 when TR'd.

This may or may not be helpful - but here is what I believe I did for those lives.

This is more like it.

Just one question though: Why 16 base Str? I don't see anything in the Feat list that requires that?