PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Thursday, June 25th 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
06-24-2015, 10:55 PM
The game worlds will be unavailable from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, June 25th for an update to the game. Release Notes will be available on Thursday. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Hobgoblin
06-24-2015, 10:56 PM
whats on the schedule for breakage!?

UurlockYgmeov
06-24-2015, 11:18 PM
it made it! :D

can remove the cotton from ears when partied with a warlock. :P

http://orig03.deviantart.net/3edf/f/2008/146/1/6/kobold_necromancer_by_pachycrocuta.jpg

moo_cow
06-24-2015, 11:48 PM
This type of thing should be posted on the launcher.

Rubix
06-25-2015, 01:06 AM

It normally is. Sometime have to wait a while for it to "populate" but it's normally there.

The game worlds will be unavailable from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, June 25th for an update to the game. Release Notes will be available on Thursday. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

4 hour downtime? Seems the devs are starting the update / downtime at a more realistic hour than previously. I am sure this means a more accurate prediction of when the servers will go live again. ;)

Thanks for the update, Cordovan. Looking forward to seeing what hotfixes are going to be applied and how many of the community's recommendations make it into this update.

Wh070aa
06-25-2015, 01:28 AM
Man downtime all day everyday.
Can't you release your broken stuff on lamania, and fix it there, instead of releasing it, and then quick patching it?

Man even if ghallanda is fixed, I still can't play when I have the time to. It's raining outside too.

Just please don't break the spell targeting for all classes, when fixing warlock.

Malusny
06-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Can't you release your broken stuff on lamania, and fix it there, instead of releasing it, and then quick patching it?

Man even if ghallanda is fixed, I still can't play when I have the time to. It's raining outside too.

Just please don't break the spell targeting for all classes, when fixing warlock.

I totally agree with you.

Also, I wonder if they are going to silently nerf the drop rates on named items on TOEE again so people buy shards to re-roll more.

Malusny
06-25-2015, 01:45 AM
I totally agree with you.

Also, I wonder if they are going to silently nerf the drop rates on named items on TOEE again so people buy shards to re-roll more.

Not that I don't like DDO, I love this game... but I also care about some unfair things that take place here.

edrein
06-25-2015, 04:47 AM
Here's hoping for a fix on Enlightened Spirit's Spirit Blasts no longer breaking your auto-attack entirely. And hopefully the millionth re-release of Otto's boxes so I can be lazy about recompleting triple comp.

Deep_Thought
06-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Is this Patch Going to fix the Buy Tp with Steam Wallet bug?

Catteras
06-25-2015, 05:35 AM

I imagine they don't have enough players testing on Lamannia to get the testing done that they need. When they push stuff live not only do they get more numbers and some nice load testing, but also much more feedback (aka whining) on the forums.

That said, I'm just as upset about broken stuff on live as everyone else.

Wh070aa
06-25-2015, 05:46 AM
I imagine they don't have enough players testing on Lamannia to get the testing done that they need. When they push stuff live not only do they get more numbers and some nice load testing, but also much more feedback (aka whining) on the forums.

That said, I'm just as upset about broken stuff on live as everyone else.

Almost all the bugs that make it to live are whined about on lamania forums beforehand. There are enough testers there, but they straight up release updates after the latest bug fix, without testing it. They know about the bugs that make it to live. I know about the bugs that make it to live before they put the update out. They have enough players. They just cheat the release dates with their "quick fixes".

Fedora1
06-25-2015, 05:50 AM
Posted at midnight? Must have been a long day. Either that or he woke up in the middle of the night going "Oh shoot, I forgot to post about the downtime!". :)

Fedora1
06-25-2015, 05:50 AM

That wouldn't explain how things that are broken on Lamannia and mentioned by multiple people on multiple Lamannia threads still go live.

OrodelaSol
06-25-2015, 07:24 AM
My guess is Warlocks are getting a huge nerfing...which is much needed the class is a joke! They should also have otto's boxes fall out of smashed containers in Korthos...

Paleus
06-25-2015, 07:37 AM

If you have to ask, then you haven't been paying attention. Hint: The answer is no, no it appears that they cannot.

The follow-up questions are what bugs get released that should, in an ideal scenario, delay a release and what bugs get released that can be lived with. Secondly, is everyone constructing the same can live with and must not see light of day listing of bugs? And lastly, can we expect a bug fix to be timely enough to not cause people to lose their hats over how long it's taking for the next update of new content?

Basically, it boils down to the difference between how quickly something is identified as a bug and how quickly Turbine can fix a bug. I think it's well known that there are more than just a few bugs in the game so there is a lot of room for variations in terms of how people feel about priorities for give me something new now vs wait until fixed and what should/could be fixed firstest/fastest.

Personally, there are bugs released that, if I were in charge, I would say I can live with (e.g. Warlock not auto-listing in a public LFM) and there are bugs released that I can't live (e.g. in line with the LFM theme, the LFM ghost-town panel effect makes for a bad impression for new gamers), but I'm not in charge. And of course, we're not just talking about bug fixing, when it comes to releasing updates, people will have different priorities on what new stuff should be in that update (e.g. I really want some time spent on Druids, but that might just be because I like them more than other players who might want more work done on Favored Souls, or Epic Shavarath, or a million other things). At which point, I'm fairly certain everyone is glad I'm not in charge, because we'd get no new releases until we had Update 2X: Revenge of the Kobolds - release of kobold player race and kobold themed quests.

Flavilandile
06-25-2015, 08:09 AM

1) No, it's how things are nowadays no same software company is going to release a really ( an thoroughly ) tested software.... It costs too much and the customers do not want to pay for it.
So you just rush things live, and then spend time fixing stuff once the bug reports comes in... It's easier and cheaper to let the customers do the bug finding.
( note : this in NOT limited to Turbine nor to the Game Industry... it's also the case in a lot of things that rely on software.... the only one that is still not addled by that issue is airplane building for a strange reason... )

2) as if actually seems to be the case : G-Land is Fixed, is Turbine considering some kind of move for our patience during these two months ? [ I know It was hinted ]

Wh070aa
06-25-2015, 08:21 AM
2) as if actually seems to be the case : G-Land is Fixed, is Turbine considering some kind of move for our patience during these two months ? [ I know It was hinted ]

They have 10% xp bonus, and other stuff no one cares about going on G-land till the 5th.

We have implemented a GHALLANDA ONLY bonus through July 5th. It is:

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot
Double Mysterious Remnants (doubles the chance for Mysterious Remnants to appear when killing a Champion)

Thanks, and we want to apologize again for the recent server issues. Those issues should now be corrected.

Augon
06-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Posted at midnight? Must have been a long day. Either that or he woke up in the middle of the night going "Oh shoot, I forgot to post about the downtime!". :)

First thing I thought when I saw the short notice was they were trying to limit the amount time people have to whine.

"Is this going to fix this"
"Is this patch going to change that?"
"Don't be messing with stuff I like!"
"Downtime all day every day!" (this one cracks me up)

Although the "waking up in the middle of the night" thing is something I would do. lol

moomooprincess
06-25-2015, 08:37 AM
1) No, it's how things are nowadays no same software company is going to release a really ( an thoroughly ) tested software.... It costs too much and the customers do not want to pay for it.
So you just rush things live, and then spend time fixing stuff once the bug reports comes in... It's easier and cheaper to let the customers do the bug finding.
( note : this in NOT limited to Turbine nor to the Game Industry... it's also the case in a lot of things that rely on software.... the only one that is still not addled by that issue is airplane building for a strange reason... )

you have loot bonuses and other stuff supposedly until after July 4.
Mysterious Remnants % chance to drop raised from 1% to 2%. ;)

I am glad I have a haircut scheduled at 11 AM EST.

LogiTinker
06-25-2015, 08:46 AM
nothing on the launcher and a 50?? minute warning in-game.

is the stress of more than 50 people on each server because of the new class causing that 1 last intern running this joke to forget what to do?

Daine
06-25-2015, 08:50 AM

Lamania is not a test server, it is a preview server. Everything on Lamannia has already been through Turbine's test server!!!

Ghoulstorm
06-25-2015, 08:52 AM
They have 10% xp bonus, and other stuff no one cares about going on G-land till the 5th.

Basically a slap in the face for what was endured.
Keeping back to the topic, Release Notes?

Saitiss
06-25-2015, 09:05 AM
Bye bye Holy sword... Sadly i just started my pal lives :D

Devil_the_sly
06-25-2015, 09:05 AM
This is directed at the general complainers:

1. Pay 2 Play classes are going to be more powerful in many ways than the Free to Play classes. Just good sales tactics. (If you take the time to really learn this game and play this game, you will earn points to buy packs and also classes so this is also a matter of patience. Many times, if you really work at it, you can make free to play classes much more powerful by building the characters properly. My personal favorite is the rogue class which can do ANYTHING in this game if you build them right.)
2. Having perfect functionality. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Just deal with it. First and foremost, overhead versus profit. You never make enough money in a software company to wait until virtually perfect coding to release updates. It takes WAY too long and WAY too much money and man hours to do. Second, no programmer is going to see EVERY bug in their program. You can only test a program so much before it is time to release. Lamnia doesn't have nearly as many people on it as the total collected number of players on this game. So NO, they AREN'T going to catch everything. They do fix game play crippling bugs in an acceptable amount of time.
3. Oddly, I noticed the Black tentacle buginess the first time I ran across mobs casting the spell in the demon web. The mobs were out WAY before the class was released but I am sure people didn't report it because it helped them instead of hurt them.
4. Nerfing- Losing people due to other characters being better than theirs or the game being too difficult for them. They 'Nerfed' loot drops in dungeons in the beginning of this game because people couldn't complete the dungeons necessary to be capable of getting to the high end loot dungeons. So they did what all the complainers are doing still. Whining about the game not being so easy it isn't challenging at all. Same thing with experience debt.
5. Finally, you will lose players. It is just a fact in any MMO. So the goal is to keep as many of your core players as you can, while enticing new players to join. Largest majority of players = People that want to be able to One Shot kill everything.
6. Balanced business strategy is the best way to go. This game is NOT one of the top rated and played MMORPGs, however, it is still around. Which should tell you, if you are thinking, that they are doing it RIGHT.

kemetka
06-25-2015, 09:08 AM
i just bought a pizza and settled in fora long torc farm.
oh well i still have a pizza

LazarusPossum
06-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Yay! Now I can finally finish binge-watching Hannibal.

Dalsheel
06-25-2015, 09:13 AM

^This.

ZhenBuYaoShi
06-25-2015, 09:15 AM
I've looked everywhere I can search. Can someone link the release notes for the patch that's being worked on right now? When I go to where the normal release notes are, it just takes me to the last release notes...

Fedora1
06-25-2015, 09:16 AM
I've looked everywhere I can search. Can someone link the release notes for the patch that's being worked on right now? When I go to where the normal release notes are, it just takes me to the last release notes...

They haven't been posted yet. Cordovan will update this thread when they are available.

Devil_the_sly
06-25-2015, 09:17 AM

I haven't seen any release notes yet and no devs have dropped the link. It will be dropped in this thread if they do what they follow their regular routine.

ZhenBuYaoShi
06-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I haven't seen any release notes yet and no devs have dropped the link. It will be dropped in this thread if they do what they follow their regular routine.

I didn't realize people were just speculating at the changes that are taking place; I thought they knew the special place where the notes were. I just wanted to know, thank you, both.

Devil_the_sly
06-25-2015, 09:27 AM
1. Do NOT post a complaint with a harsh negative theme. Usually, they will be ignored by customer service personnel due to how upsetting it is to read.
2. Use please and thank you. This will encourage the customer service personnel to pay more attention to your concerns because it is just more polite and respectful.
3. Give the MOST DETAIL POSSIBLE in your description of the problem. i.e. "Longswords are messing up" just doesn't really explain the problem.
4. IF POSSIBLE ONLY - Give recommendations for what you feel would most likely FIX the issue you have noticed.
5. Read what you write on posts and also in conversations with Game Masters before hitting the enter key or submit button. If you read what you wrote and know it would really upset you if someone said it to you about your hard work and effort, DON'T SAY IT. All you are doing is making yourself look ignorant, disrespectful, and lacking in common courtesy and thoughtful articulation.

NO, I am NOT a Dev, I DON'T work for Turbine or Time Warner, and I do NOT own stock in either company. I love this game and want to see it improve and keep growing. The only way that will happen is by people providing good solid feedback to the development team and customer service personnel working on this game.

royboy
06-25-2015, 09:39 AM
This is very good news. Happy to see some tweaking so soon. Especially knocking it out before the weekend.
Looking forward to new stuff for Warlocks.
Content
Gear
Raid maybe....... rubs greedy hands.

Also loving the last UPD very much.
See you guys on Thelanis soon.

Docsin - Leader of Disciples of Sin.

JBS
06-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Any Release Notes yet?

Jules

Frelorn
06-25-2015, 10:02 AM
You can find the Release Notes here. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes)

edrein
06-25-2015, 10:04 AM
You can find the Release Notes here. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes)

404'd, and oh look a new community manager.

Krelar
06-25-2015, 10:04 AM

A new community manager? YUM! :)

Link doesn't work yet. (I seem to recall Cordo once mentioning it takes a few minutes to populate)

Draculetta
06-25-2015, 10:08 AM

Wonder why the LOTRO Community manager is posting these?

macadope
06-25-2015, 10:09 AM
What was wrong with stunning blast DC?

And what spell power was utterdark receiving prior to this update?

Frelorn
06-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Should be working now, hopefully. And I am just helping out.

Krelar
06-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Your posts aren't showing up in the dev tracker either btw.

Gratch
06-25-2015, 10:14 AM
This is directed at the general complainers:
1. Pay 2 Play classes are going to be more powerful in many ways than the Free to Play classes. Just good sales tactics. (If you take the time to really learn this game and play this game, you will earn points to buy packs and also classes so this is also a matter of patience. Many times, if you really work at it, you can make free to play classes much more powerful by building the characters properly. My personal favorite is the rogue class which can do ANYTHING in this game if you build them right.)

Yeah... I'd still put the F2P Paly and Barb classes as top "EE fast and self-surviving" classes though at heroic there's nothing like a sorc blasting (another F2P). Haven't tried warlock yet to see how it compares. I guess druid, warlock, monk, and arty (though arty you can toughest-favor-in-the-game unlock) all have very different playstyles in the game and add a complex breadth of rich difference you don't find in most other MMO's. Of course with that complexity comes extra bugs, and fine tuning work that is needed to keep the class updated AND relevant as base systems get changes...

Frelorn
06-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Your posts aren't showing up in the dev tracker either btw.
That's ok, nobody wants to see what I have to say anyway. :p

kauetomaz
06-25-2015, 10:15 AM

damn you for fixing the champs chest in the market, i had a load of fun with that and a bunch of people gathering wasting shards on it :P

JBS
06-25-2015, 10:16 AM

Thank you

Fedora1
06-25-2015, 10:20 AM

Ah, but several people DID ask for the release notes. :)

Thanks for helping out!

macadope
06-25-2015, 10:23 AM

cdbd3rd
06-25-2015, 10:28 AM

Welcome to the nightma... erm, neighborhood.

Thanks.

...aand Dev Tracker^, FTW. ;)

Vanhooger
06-25-2015, 10:29 AM

Utterdark was using and still use light but was missing 0.75 spell power x AP spent in the scholar.

Frotz
06-25-2015, 10:33 AM
And now patching has begun...

macadope
06-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Utterdark was using and still use light but was missing 0.75 spell power x AP spent in the scholar.

so is that a nerf or buff?

Chi_Ryu
06-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Servers are back up (that was quick)... but the Forums have lost their DDO skin for me at least...

Vargouille
06-25-2015, 10:39 AM
To slightly clarify: The release note about Burning Blood only referred to the version in the Soul Eater tree. (The general spell is unchanged for existing users, aka Wizards/Sorcs).

Taking Utterdark Blast (and other Tainted Scholar toggles) gave zero spell power. Now they give 0.75 (per the 1st Core Enhancement). This is a strict buff and bug fix for existing Tainted Scholar.

HuneyMunster
06-25-2015, 10:40 AM

I don't know what change is to stunning blast dc is, Ive only noticed 1 mob save against it. But I dont use it that often as it takes about 3-4 secs to cast with quicken and stuff die in that time in heroic. Maybe might be useful in ee on champs if everything is not saving against it.

Edit: Stunnig Blast seems to be 2 sec cast now

jalont
06-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Servers are back up (that was quick)... but the Forums have lost their DDO skin for me at least...

Are servers up or is patching just up?

FestusHood
06-25-2015, 10:41 AM
In non warlock related news:

Rogue Mechanic's Mechanical Reloader text has been updated to reflect that non-repeating crossbows gain +40% Alacrity, not +20%. Reduced the erroneous +40 Ranged Power to its proper +10 to match text.

Just made my first mechanic yesterday with a pdk. One of the first things i noticed was that i had 50 ranged power at level 15. So i guess that wasn't a text error.

This should cut down on the overperforming a bit.

HuneyMunster
06-25-2015, 10:49 AM
It is now easier to fire off spells while using an Eldritch Blast attack.

Was this what was causing my mass holds to sometimes do nothing?

Chi_Ryu
06-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Are servers up or is patching just up?

Up. Proper up.

Frelorn
06-25-2015, 11:03 AM
All worlds are now open.

Steve_Howe
06-25-2015, 11:06 AM
And I am just helping out.

Why? What's Cordovan doing?

Calhou
06-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Went to reboot the server hamsters, last anyone saw 'em.

Presumably eaten by Ghallanda Hamster Champions.

Vanhooger
06-25-2015, 11:41 AM
so is that a nerf or buff?

To make thing easy...if you spent 41 AP on tainted scholar, you got 0 spell power if any of the stance utterdark etc was turned on.

Now, if you spend 41 ap on tainted scholar you will get 30 Universal spellpower while Utterdark or another stance from the scholar is active.

Dunklerlindwurm
06-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Magic Missile absorbtion from Shield is still buged. Does not work at all. Just got some pain from Magic missiles in Wizard Kings Eternal Skeletons.

moo_cow
06-25-2015, 12:32 PM

I want to see what you have to say.

Vargouille
06-25-2015, 12:37 PM
To make thing easy...if you spent 41 AP on tainted scholar, you got 0 spell power if any of the stance utterdark etc was turned on.

This isn't quite right. Every enhancement was already granting 0.75 spell power, except for the five toggles named in the Release Notes.

patang01
06-25-2015, 12:44 PM
This isn't quite right. Every enhancement was already granting 0.75 spell power, except for the five toggles named in the Release Notes.

I'm going to be honest; I didn't notice a difference in damage.

ValenGodspeed
06-25-2015, 12:46 PM
Is there anyway to display the DC for stunning blast? it says its a level 4 evocation thing that use metas. Does that means the equation is 10+spell level+CHA bonus+Evocation and other + from for instance exalted angel? If yes I think its broken still, I have yet to have it Work in the gianthold slayer area on a caster Warlock...

TheTrader
06-25-2015, 12:55 PM

does this by the way fix the bug with solid fog spell that was level 3 that i had in my first life but did a lessor tr and can't seem to get back!

Aletys
06-25-2015, 01:08 PM

Release Notes? Did I miss the announcement?

Systern
06-25-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm going to be honest; I didn't notice a difference in damage.

The first core gives .75 USP per point in tree. Each of those 5 toggles weren't counting the 2 AP spent on them as points spent in tree. It's 1.5 USP per stance that you bought. If you bought all of them, it's 7.5 USP. It won't be noticeable, but hey, every little bit helps.

Necroclown
06-25-2015, 01:30 PM

Thanks, how long will you be around? has Cordovan been moved or is he just taking a vacation? inquiring minds want to know!

Steve_Howe
06-25-2015, 01:34 PM

Scroll up.

dontmater
06-25-2015, 01:50 PM

please put it in the right forum.. . . .. . . . .... . . . . .
https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/73-Release-Notes-Known-Issues

UurlockYgmeov
06-25-2015, 02:02 PM
+1

+1

All worlds are now open.

thank you for the updates!

patang01
06-25-2015, 02:37 PM
The first core gives .75 USP per point in tree. Each of those 5 toggles weren't counting the 2 AP spent on them as points spent in tree. It's 1.5 USP per stance that you bought. If you bought all of them, it's 7.5 USP. It won't be noticeable, but hey, every little bit helps.

That explains it.

Spoonwelder
06-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Why? What's Cordovan doing?

A. Wife/GF is giving birth or has appendicitis
B. Bad Breakfast Burritto
C. Dog ate his security pass and he is now at Gitmo
D. Running on the treadmill to keeep the servers running while the hamsters get their annual physical (Varg has to do the prostate check so consider Cordo lucky).

Pick your poison.......

Steve_Howe
06-25-2015, 03:52 PM
A. Wife/GF is giving birth or has appendicitis
B. Bad Breakfast Burritto
C. Dog ate his security pass and he is now at Gitmo
D. Running on the treadmill to keeep the servers running while the hamsters get their annual physical (Varg has to do the prostate check so consider Cordo lucky).

Pick your poison.......
There are other possibilities. Cordo hasn't even logged in to the DDO Forums since last night.

Galad1
06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
There are other possibilities. Cordo hasn't even logged in to the DDO Forums since last night.

I'd say, the thick plottens.........

Frelorn
06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
There is nothing going on. You will all see him back here soon enough. :)

UurlockYgmeov
06-25-2015, 05:15 PM

NOOO! he's gotten promoted to LOTRO! ;p

Faltout
06-25-2015, 05:35 PM
There is nothing going on.
See? Now saying that makes more of us think that SOMETHING is going on. ;)

Necroclown
06-25-2015, 05:43 PM

Oh, good to know, Is it a couple of days? or do we get a break for a few weeks?

And tell us, was it his vacation time or did he cop a sanction from Turbine for this zoo getting so out of control lately? It's been like the monkeys and jackals have been calling the shots for the last few weeks!

Don't get me wrong, it's great to see a community manager find common ground with some members of the community, but the level of favoritism and biased Cordovan has been extending to his go-to guys in the community has been chasing new folks out of the community and game left and right.

I mean if I wanted someone like Uurlock as a community deputy sheriff I would.... well I can't imagine anyone wanting that actually.

Glad to have you aboard, hope you stick around for a while!

mbartol
06-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Has anyone else had their client crash when switching between characters?
I have never experienced this before today's hotfix, and now it crashed 8 times when logging out to the character selection screen & loading another character.

akwillowbear
06-25-2015, 06:25 PM
I have never experienced this before today's hotfix, and now it crashed 8 times when logging out to the character selection screen & loading another character.

I also have had same problem, and wher is the relese notes?

mbartol
06-25-2015, 06:54 PM
I also have had same problem, and wher is the relese notes?

Release notes:

The only related item I saw in the Known Issues is under DDO Game Launcher: "When trying to launch the game client, make sure to use TurbineLauncher.exe (located in your DDO installation folder), and make sure to shortcut the TurbineLauncher (instead of the dndlauncher or other .exe's!)"

oradafu
06-25-2015, 07:46 PM

Sounds like your threatening the community by keeping him on Twitch.

Aishana
06-25-2015, 07:57 PM

Now "evade" doesn't display properly when a player character makes a reflex save and has evasion. Not sure if you guys knew that yet or not.

Kompera_Oberon
06-25-2015, 08:35 PM
I imagine they don't have enough players testing on Lamannia to get the testing done that they need.

Don't be silly, Catteras. Lammania is a preview server, not a test server. There's absolutely no need for anyone to submit bug reports there.

Just ask any of the people on these forums who will adamantly refuse to accept the fact that if the player base didn't provide free bug testing services that we'd see a lot more of this kind of hot fix.

Lorien_Stargard
06-25-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm using the Mac client. Yesterday the voice chat worked fine. After today's patch my voice capture and playback devices are grayed out. Is anyone else having this problem?

avrear
06-25-2015, 10:20 PM

I also have noticed that DDO keeps crashing when I log between characters. It has happened twie so far crashing between logging the 3rd and 4th characters.

Rubix
06-26-2015, 12:33 AM

Yes! And can I just say: thank god it's not just me. My partner and I play every day, and her client has no issues. Since the update my client will just "disappear" and I'm back at the desktop. This used to happen quite frequently a few updats back, then it seems it got fixed until the last update borked it again.

/sadpanda

mpetrarca
06-26-2015, 06:28 AM

I am trying to move items between characters and the constant crashing while switching is awful, this just started with the update.

domnslave
06-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Devs - I have looked at the official "Release Notes" section and it's from 6/18/2015. There is not an updated release notes for Thursday's update / patch / hotfix. Can we get those posted somewhere please?

Cordovan
06-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Sorry this downtime didn't get into the launcher. Tried to post it from home but ran into a technical issue.

Draculetta
06-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Devs - I have looked at the official "Release Notes" section and it's from 6/18/2015. There is not an updated release notes for Thursday's update / patch / hotfix. Can we get those posted somewhere please?

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes

Vargouille
06-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Now "evade" doesn't display properly when a player character makes a reflex save and has evasion. Not sure if you guys knew that yet or not.

Prior to Patch 26.1, "Evade" showed up any time any monster successfully saved against an ability that saved for half damage or for "special" effects. Example: Finger of Death deals damage instead of killing you if you successfully save, so if a monster saved vs. Finger of Death it would have said, "Evade".

As of 26.1, this now simply says, "Save", which is more accurate for what's actually going on. We may revisit this in the future to try to provide more detailed feedback.

Crawlstein2
06-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Both me and my significant other, playing on two different comps, are doing a lot of the crashing out of the game when changing characters. The new patch has screwed things up somehow. :mad:

Frotz
06-27-2015, 08:06 AM
I rarely switch characters without closing the client because the client slows with each switch. Maybe they've broken it even further to the point they'll identify and fix this? :)

Faltout
06-27-2015, 03:14 PM
I rarely switch characters without closing the client because the client slows with each switch.
Because memory allocated for your previous session hasn't been freed yet when you re-enter the world. If you have enough memory like 8 GB RAM then you'll be able to handle at least 3 switches before slowing down.

RotR
07-01-2015, 05:05 AM
I haven't seen them either. for this one as well as for the 29th as well, did you ever find them?
Kheldur

RotR
07-01-2015, 05:26 AM
I haven't seen them either. for this one as well as for the 29th as well, did you ever find them?
Kheldur
Ok with help found June 25th notes, now how about the 29th notes, any help?

Faltout
07-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Ok with help found June 25th notes, now how about the 29th notes, any help?
29th was no update. It was a fix for the crashing issue when switching characters. So, no release notes there.

Cordovan
07-01-2015, 02:00 PM
As stated above, Monday was to address a crashing issue. The release notes for Update 26 Patch 1 can be found here. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-patch-1-release-notes) I've also added them to the forum section. All of our release notes can be found in the upper tab - look for Content > Release Notes.

Nascoe
07-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Good news that you finally got round to getting rid of the false "evade" messages for mobs making their regular saves! That one has confused many a player. Good to see many issues that were not yet working on the Warlock corrected too.