PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Thursday, June 18th

Cordovan
06-17-2015, 04:27 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you, and we'll see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, June 18th from 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to launch Update 26: Warlock's Legacy. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

UurlockYgmeov
06-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes!

ValariusK
06-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Completionist question. If I have the completionist feat presently, will it be immediately disabled or just the next time I TR/ETR?

DemonMage
06-17-2015, 04:34 PM
It's disabled immediately until you get a warlock past life.

Violith
06-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Completionist question. If I have the completionist feat presently, will it be immediately disabled or just the next time I TR/ETR?

as per any other race addition (and the lamma release notes) NEW (LAMANNIA ONLY): Completionists now lose Completionist unless they reincarnate to get a Warlock Past Life. (I believe that unless = until, thats how it worked for arti/druid when they were added).

as for the update,... abit worried, thought lamma was going to get another build (since I believe there was still a decent amount of bugs) before it was making its way live. hopefully they're not pushing it out just to meet a deadline before its atleast mostly bugfree.

Steve_Howe
06-17-2015, 04:35 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, June 18th from 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to launch Update 26: Warlock's Legacy. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

This will not go well.

Xerio
06-17-2015, 04:47 PM
if you currently have the completionist feat you retain it until you TR, upon which you'll need to complete a warlock life

slarden
06-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Looking forward to it. Thank you!

Vargouille
06-17-2015, 04:49 PM
The Completionist Feat will be replaced with a "Respec feat" upon logging in after Update 26 goes live. When you have this Feat you can go to Fred to trade it for a real feat.

old-school
06-17-2015, 04:52 PM

Any bets on what non-warlock feature or function of the game will be broken by this update?

Here is my guess -all jump skills will be reduced to zero regardless of skill points...its as wild and random as all the others have been...

Lerl
06-17-2015, 05:16 PM
While we are on the subject of down-times, what is the update on Ghallanda and their repeated down-times?

Gratch
06-17-2015, 05:23 PM
While we are on the subject of down-times, what is the update on Ghallanda and their repeated down-times?

Cordo said they actually really, mean it, fixed it with the last Ghallanda downtime. Some server cleanup process was borked. And so far it appears that fix was correct. *knock knock*

They also said there would be some sort of "peace-offering" to Ghallandans' for multiple lost time, crashed midrun ToEE's (and other questing), transferred away guildies, causing their computers to implode, and help with the now ghosttown'ish server. Not sure what they could offer to fix all of that, but I'm sure it won't be enough for many and will be too much in the eyes of people who weren't affected.

madmaxhunter
06-17-2015, 05:29 PM
What the...? One day warning for the update? I was guessing it would drop next week. Enough time to cap 5K favor, 160 away! Guess it's going to be a late night.

DANTEIL
06-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Wow I was not expecting this. It seemed like they were still tinkering with Warlock. How will the Live version compare to the last Lamannia version?

Lonnbeimnech
06-17-2015, 05:32 PM
Any bets on what non-warlock feature or function of the game will be broken by this update?

Here is my guess -all jump skills will be reduced to zero regardless of skill points...its as wild and random as all the others have been...

The return of spontaneous 5,000 points of fall damage just walking around.

Vargouille
06-17-2015, 05:43 PM
How will the Live version compare to the last Lamannia version?

Dozens of bug fixes, including Auto Attack working, being able to aim up/down freely (without an enemy targeted), and having one click only shoot Eldritch Blast once (instead sometimes firing two times per click).

A number of other balancing and smaller changes. For instance, Tainted Scholar is losing +1 generic spell DCs in the Core abilities but gaining a multiple choice selector in tier 5 for +2 DCs for a specific school. There should be fuller, more thorough notes sometime tomorrow.

Blackheartox
06-17-2015, 05:48 PM
And we made bets it would be next week and from cordos stream assumed so.

Now i need to buy drinks to some friends!! Sigh, another drunken update

(but overall, yay finally)

HatsuharuZ
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Dozens of bug fixes, including Auto Attack working, being able to aim up/down freely (without an enemy targeted), and having one click only shoot Eldritch Blast once (instead sometimes firing two times per click).

A number of other balancing and smaller changes. For instance, Tainted Scholar is losing +1 generic spell DCs in the Core abilities but gaining a multiple choice selector in tier 5 for +2 DCs for a specific school. There should be fuller, more thorough notes sometime tomorrow.

Will there be any additional spell additions, in addition to the 3 shown on Lammania server?

IronClan
06-17-2015, 05:56 PM
My money is on wierdness with warlock cores or spell power causing them to be overpowered for 1 or 2 updates, at which point they will say they fixed it and then will actually fix it around 2 updates later.

This msg brought to you by the Association of people who used to enjoy SWF, in conjunction with the Ad hoc provisional council of the impending Holy Sword Nerf Angry mob.

The AOPWUESWF and the AHPCIHSNERFANGMOB respectively.

DemonMage
06-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Or a reason to take caster feats, since Max/Emp doesn't work on the majority of abilities it would be useful on (Consume, Stricken, Steal Lifeforce)?

Cordovan
06-17-2015, 06:04 PM

We do believe we have identified the issue that was causing problems on Ghallanda. When we turn on tomorrow's DDO Bonus Days (+50% Challenge Rewards, +30% Crafting XP), there will be a GHALLANDA ONLY boost that runs through July 5th:

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot
Double Mysterious Remnants Boost (twice the chance for Mysterious Remnants to appear when killing a Champion)

Lonnbeimnech
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Or a reason to take caster feats, since Max/Emp doesn't work on the majority of abilities it would be useful on (Consume, Stricken, Steal Lifeforce)?

They should still work on shiradi procs.

Lerl
06-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Thank you for your response. :)

cdbd3rd
06-17-2015, 06:38 PM
...and having one click only shoot Eldritch Blast once (instead sometimes firing two times per click).

This^^ looks tasty.

I haven't been following the Llama threads this past week. Will this fix apply anything to the extra shots we currently take with ranged weapons on Live since the reload change?

The_Human_Cypher
06-17-2015, 06:51 PM
We do believe we have identified the issue that was causing problems on Ghallanda. When we turn on tomorrow's DDO Bonus Days (+50% Challenge Rewards, +30% Crafting XP), there will be a GHALLANDA ONLY boost that runs through July 5th:

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot
Double Mysterious Remnants Boost (twice the chance for Mysterious Remnants to appear when killing a Champion)

Good. I hope this offering smooths everything over with the G-Land players.

ThomasHunter
06-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I feel like this is an April Fool's joke! Wow! I can't wait!!!!!

zorander6
06-17-2015, 07:32 PM
You guys are going to make my wife happy darn it. I wanted to play a little DDO this weekend.

Oh well, guess I'll mow the lawn and do laundry.

Augon
06-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I have a character that is lvl 8 that I havn't really been interested I playing for a while. I would love to use the +20 Heart of Wood I have on him to LR him into a level 8 Warlock. Will we be able to do that or will all Warlocks have to start at level 1 when they are first introduced?

Xerio
06-17-2015, 07:40 PM
I have a character that is lvl 8 that I havn't really been interested I playing for a while. I would love to use the +20 Heart of Wood I have on him to LR him into a level 8 Warlock. Will we be able to do that or will all Warlocks have to start at level 1 when they are first introduced?

they've already stated that there will be no TR/LR or XP boost restrictions on the warlock class

Silverleafeon
06-17-2015, 07:42 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.OxpBBWtCT5V5OVpwHvMk1g&pid=15.1&P=0

JP457
06-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Varg, it seems like a really bad practice to go live with it then. You should roll that out in Lammania first and test it.

Why else have the Lamma server, if turbine is going to throw chum (untested content) into the water on Thursday and let community descend into a feeding frenzy over a weekend and then have to launch ANOTHER huge hotfix? what is the point?

It's time for Turbine to get professional, get it right first before going live. This version should be on the Lamma server right now, being checked, and tweaked before the update goes live. This half-baked tactic is at the root of all the problems and bugs that have occurred in the game during the last 8 months.

STOP DOING THIS.

Stop using the live content and community at large as your bug finders.

You are so gonna get an infraction, if not outright ban, for truthtelling.

AtomicMew
06-17-2015, 07:53 PM

Hi Vargouille, will the casting/blasting bugginess be fixed, as per this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/461552-Spell-casting-and-eldritch-blast-are-not-mixing-well
?

Thanks!

Augon
06-17-2015, 07:55 PM
they've already stated that there will be no TR/LR or XP boost restrictions on the warlock class

THANKS!!

That is great news. I had not seen where they had said that, but I've been busy at work lately and have not been following the Lam forums real close.

kauetomaz
06-17-2015, 08:03 PM

aka expect an extended downtime, lots of bugs and a massive hotfix, gotcha

moo_cow
06-17-2015, 08:14 PM
They should still work on shiradi procs.

That has been tested and proven wrong I believe.

Uska
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
So you guys are turning out a buggy overpowerd class figures never saw where you tested the alignment thing I doubt you did and just gave in to the powergamers so they would buy this thing.

Uska
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes!

Sorry buddy but for me this is the worst thing since hirelings and the realms

Violith
06-17-2015, 08:33 PM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

might have helped fix or reduce the server crashing, which is good. but what about the disconnects on loading screen? Has been happening pretty constantly for me, (New harddrive, and the game was recently downloaded, so there shouldnt be an issue with defragmentation) Yet it seems atleast several times a day I get to a loading screen that wont load and eventually kicks me from the server. I know im not the only one it happens to either.

DANTEIL
06-17-2015, 09:56 PM
There should be fuller, more thorough notes sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for this answer... I hope that there will also be a full Developer Diary on the Warlock and how it works in its final (for now) form.

Calinthus
06-18-2015, 01:07 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Sweet! Grtz Ghallanda! And, they say the devs don't care. (not really, they do, but, it sounded good)

Micki
06-18-2015, 02:42 AM
What the...? One day warning for the update?

This. Except, as I'm on EU time and only really read forums at work.. I didn't see this til like 3h before. Not cool devs, not cool.

Chi_Ryu
06-18-2015, 02:52 AM
And we made bets it would be next week and from cordos stream assumed so.

And I just ER'd my main on Monday(who is Iconic) thinking I could squeeze out a cheeky last EPL before it launched. Oh well :)

Wh070aa
06-18-2015, 04:57 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Who cares? Also why you no bug test the update before the release? Fix the server, and barbarian instance lag instead.

Vanhooger
06-18-2015, 05:15 AM
Who cares? Also why you no bug test the update before the release? Fix the server, and barbarian instance lag instead.

I think they hit the due date, that someone gave them.

Every job has a due date and you need to deliver no matter what.

You seriously think they don't know if they could they will have add another build on lammania.

moomooprincess
06-18-2015, 06:14 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

A nice perk for the G landers. Hopefully, the wonky motherboard/power supply/NIC card/or whatever has been fixed. Plus, they get it through July 5.

How come the rest of us don't get to have a perk since we had to read about them whining about the outages?:p (jk.)

Looks like, I get to up some crafters again. This is the second crafting bonus this year, I don't ever recall there ever being one before, but I might have been gone when it did happen.

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 06:19 AM
And not for the devs. This is for all the gripers, complainers, whiners, criers, and generally ****ed off people. Ask yourself this question, "Would you be happy if the game worked perfectly? If every update rolled out smooth? If you got service from the GMs within seconds?" I will answer this question for you. NO, YOU WOULDN'T BE. You would complain that you couldn't walk in with your character and one-shot every mob you see. You would complain that a wizard has a higher kill count than your barbarian. You would be miserable if you saw another player come up with something that you didn't think of. The problem isn't the game. The problem is that you are just ****ed off and bitter that the world isn't perfect.

So, I propose the following, smile, laugh, go run a dungeon that is four to five levels above your average party level and see how long you can go before wiping. Go get the jump spell and bulls strength cast on yourself, put on your feather fall items and go bounce around the rooftops of the various houses and market area.

That way, instead of focusing on all the things that make you angry and aren't perfect you actually play this game for what it was intended to be. PURE ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY.

Systern
06-18-2015, 06:21 AM

ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou ThankYou!

(Sorry for being such a whiny ***** about it.)

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 06:23 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Well personally I'm glad it appears to be fixed, and for me it's water under the bridge, but as far as the reward goes it's kinda meh. The 10% xp for a couple weeks isn't going to bring back the guildies we lost and +1 loot is just slightly more plat for random lootgen junk. I like the remnants, but again meh. Not sour grapes, after all I am still here playing the game. I just think that after 15-20 crashes/downtime over a two month period that made the server a near ghost town they would have done something that might have enticed those who left to come back. And 10% xp for a couple weeks probably won't do it.

Now excuse me while I duck and cover in preparation for all the haters to attack me.

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 06:29 AM
And not for the devs. This is for all the gripers, complainers, whiners, criers, and generally ****ed off people. Ask yourself this question, "Would you be happy if the game worked perfectly? If every update rolled out smooth? If you got service from the GMs within seconds?" I will answer this question for you. NO, YOU WOULDN'T BE. You would complain that you couldn't walk in with your character and one-shot every mob you see. You would complain that a wizard has a higher kill count than your barbarian. You would be miserable if you saw another player come up with something that you didn't think of. The problem isn't the game. The problem is that you are just ****ed off and bitter that the world isn't perfect.

No, you're wrong for about 90% of the players.

Yes there are some that are envious of anyone or anything being better than their favorite build. But don't lump in those who think the game could be better if updates were better handled by fixing things before it goes live, by listening to lama testers more closely, by fixing bugs that have been around for ages, etc.

So yes, a LOT of people would be VERY happy to see a smooth roll outs of updates.

mikarddo
06-18-2015, 06:33 AM
Well personally I'm glad it appears to be fixed, and for me it's water under the bridge, but as far as the reward goes it's kinda meh. The 10% xp for a couple weeks isn't going to bring back the guildies we lost and +1 loot is just slightly more plat for random lootgen junk. I like the remnants, but again meh. Not sour grapes, after all I am still here playing the game. I just think that after 15-20 crashes/downtime over a two month period that made the server a near ghost town they would have done something that might have enticed those who left to come back. And 10% xp for a couple weeks probably won't do it.

Now excuse me while I duck and cover in preparation for all the haters to attack me.

I fully agree. The gesture is nice - but in no way does it have the wow factor needed to bring back the people who were lost. Not even close.

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 06:38 AM

Yes there are some that are envious of anyone or anything being better than their favorite build. But don't lump in those who think the game could be better if updates were better handled by fixing things before it goes live, by listening to lama testers more closely, by fixing bugs that have been around for ages, etc.

So yes, a LOT of people would be VERY happy to see a smooth roll outs of updates.

Then look at it logically when it comes out, go play on the lamnia server, and offer suggestions on how to make sure to improve it instead of offering harsh and pointless criticism. When you come with a complaint, COME WITH A WORKABLE SOLUTION. Not just, Don't screw it up. How many times in real life have you been told, "Don't screw it up!" and the boss or whoever didn't offer any guidance on how to do it right?

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 06:42 AM

Also, if you are a programmer or IT person, and you complain about the server being perfect or whatever, then offer solutions that you might have come up with elsewhere that could help. A team effort is always better than offering nothing but criticism with no substance.

Taskmage
06-18-2015, 06:43 AM

At least, whenever they roll out an update, i wouldn't think:
- "might be better to not log in for a day or two till the most severe bugs are fixed".
- "lets plan something different for this evening, there will be a hotfix anyway...hopefully".
- "how long will they extend the downtime this time".
- "ok, login worked, thats unexpected - lets see what is broken".

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 06:53 AM
- "might be better to not log in for a day or two till the most severe bugs are fixed".
- "lets plan something different for this evening, there will be a hotfix anyway...hopefully".

Make it a contest on who can find the most problems! If you know there will be issues, come up with a way to make it enjoyable. That is what I am saying. It sickens me to see people just whining without coming up with fun stuff to counter the irritation factor. This is a game, it is meant to be entertaining and when the first thing I read when I am out looking for information is "YOU GUYS SUCK AND YOU KEEP SCREWING UP." Then I am NOT surprised when I see bugs stick around for a while. I just see it as people that are being beat on have no drive and motivation to go get it right. They are just there to do their jobs instead of focusing on the enjoyment of the customers. Would YOU be happy if every day you came in to work you were getting yelled at and cussed out for not being perfect?????

silinteresting
06-18-2015, 07:00 AM
im i a tad early for the release notes ?

your friend sil :)

Moonfalcon
06-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Server connection timed out... will this be fixed within the hour?

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 07:02 AM

I have been playing this game off and on for ten years. The biggest problem I have found is people coming on to this game with an angry and bitter attitude that are intent on making the world just as miserable as they are. I go look for information on an update, I find purely negative **** 90% of the time when what I am trying to find is reasonable and detailed information about what people found wrong so that when I play I can avoid that issue somehow. I also want the people designing and working on this game to actually enjoy their jobs so they do a BETTER job. Look at GOOGLE. That is their business model. Open minded enjoyment and it has turned them into one of the TOP computer software giants. Think about that.....

Ambitious
06-18-2015, 07:11 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Me love you longtime!

Cordovan
06-18-2015, 07:15 AM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-release-notes) are up.

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Then look at it logically when it comes out, go play on the lamnia server, and offer suggestions on how to make sure to improve it instead of offering harsh and pointless criticism. When you come with a complaint, COME WITH A WORKABLE SOLUTION. Not just, Don't screw it up. How many times in real life have you been told, "Don't screw it up!" and the boss or whoever didn't offer any guidance on how to do it right?

Also, if you are a programmer or IT person, and you complain about the server being perfect or whatever, then offer solutions that you might have come up with elsewhere that could help. A team effort is always better than offering nothing but criticism with no substance.

Show me where I complained or simply said don't screw it up. You aimed your criticism at everybody, and I was pointing out that you were wrong in 90% of the cases. Don't call out everyone in your criticism and then when corrected call ME out for something I didn't do. Okay thanks. :)

voodoogroves
06-18-2015, 07:17 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Any chance you could turn on the mysterious whatever in the trader too so we can do something w/ those remnants?

mikarddo
06-18-2015, 07:18 AM

404 not found. The requested page could not be found.

voodoogroves
06-18-2015, 07:18 AM
404 error on that link?

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 07:20 AM
404 not found. The requested page could not be found.

404 error on that link?

That always happens, it seems you have to give it a few minutes after Cordovan posts it before we can see it. He explained once why that happens, but I can't recall what it was.

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Show me where I complained or simply said don't screw it up. You aimed your criticism at everybody, and I was pointing out that you were wrong in 90% of the cases. Don't call out everyone in your criticism and then when corrected call ME out for something I didn't do. Okay thanks. :)

No, I didn't specifically aim my criticism and recommendation at you, so please don't take what I said personally. I aimed it at everyone that posts anything other than constructive comments. None of what I said was aimed specifically at you.

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 07:21 AM

I'm able to see them now, cool and thanks.

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 07:22 AM
No, I didn't specifically aim my criticism and recommendation at you, so please don't take what I said personally. I aimed it at everyone that posts anything other than constructive comments. None of what I said was aimed specifically at you.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 07:23 AM
That always happens, it seems you have to give it a few minutes after Cordovan posts it before we can see it. He explained once why that happens, but I can't recall what it was.

You see what you said there??? THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! IT WAS HELPFUL!!!! IT WAS PLEASANT AND ENJOYABLE TO READ!!!! So why would you think I am blasting you if this is the kinda thing you say?

Taskmage
06-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Make it a contest on who can find the most problems! If you know there will be issues, come up with a way to make it enjoyable. That is what I am saying. It sickens me to see people just whining without coming up with fun stuff to counter the irritation factor. This is a game, it is meant to be entertaining and when the first thing I read when I am out looking for information is "YOU GUYS SUCK AND YOU KEEP SCREWING UP." Then I am NOT surprised when I see bugs stick around for a while. I just see it as people that are being beat on have no drive and motivation to go get it right. They are just there to do their jobs instead of focusing on the enjoyment of the customers. Would YOU be happy if every day you came in to work you were getting yelled at and cussed out for not being perfect?????

I work as a software developer, i'm responsible (as the only developer) for a part of the software suit my company sells, and of course i do make mistakes and there are bugs. When there are bugs i get yelled at by our customers - it costs them time and money. But i also get applauded if i fix these bugs in a timely manner, and in 95% of these cases i have a fix out within six hours after i get aware of the bug. My motivation however is not to get padded on the shoulder and be told "well done" by whomever, but to release software that is as bug-free as possible within the limits of resources i can invest into a given project. If our customers don't find any bugs i did a good job. If they find a bug i failed. Yes, it is that simple.

There are always "obscure" bugs that only show rarely and unreliably - i once had one bug that i hunted for almost two years till i finally got it fixed - but many can be caught by basic testing. Remeber that recent ladder-switch problem? Caused, as they told us, by compiling with wrong (re-)sources - something like that must_not_happen. Also, quite a few times the bugs where visible by just logging in, pressing "c", and reading. They didn't notice it. Only explantation i have is that they didn't test at all.

Now, they have that public testserver. Lots of people spend their time to look over what the changed, try to find bugs and give feedback. But...quite often those bugs that people reported get not fixed, instead they change other stuff nobody had a chance to take a look at and introduce new bugs. These bugs could be caught before hitting life servers. However, for whatever reason, they seem to be unwilling or unable to let the players test the last iteration of the game before it goes life. Each and every time. And each ánd every time it turns out to be a bad idea.

Thats why i have a bad feeling about updates, and for me it has absolutly nothing to do with "fun" to find bugs, sometimes crippling bugs, when i want to play the game.

silinteresting
06-18-2015, 07:30 AM

thankyou very much kind sir..

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 07:31 AM
I work as a software developer, i'm responsible (as the only developer) for a part of the software suit my company sells, and of course i do make mistakes and there are bugs. When there are bugs i get yelled at by our customers - it costs them time and money. But i also get applauded if i fix these bugs in a timely manner, and in 95% of these cases i have a fix out within six hours after i get aware of the bug. My motivation however is not to get padded on the shoulder and be told "well done" by whomever, but to release software that is as bug-free as possible within the limits of resources i can invest into a given project. If our customers don't find any bugs i did a good job. If they find a bug i failed. Yes, it is that simple.

There are always "obscure" bugs that only show rarely and unreliably - i once had one bug that i hunted for almost two years till i finally got it fixed - but many can be caught by basic testing. Remeber that recent ladder-switch problem? Caused, as they told us, by compiling with wrong (re-)sources - something like that must_not_happen. Also, quite a few times the bugs where visible by just logging in, pressing "c", and reading. They didn't notice it. Only explantation i have is that they didn't test at all.

Now, they have that public testserver. Lots of people spend their time to look over what the changed, try to find bugs and give feedback. But...quite often those bugs that people reported get not fixed, instead they change other stuff nobody had a chance to take a look at and introduce new bugs. These bugs could be caught before hitting life servers. However, for whatever reason, they seem to be unwilling or unable to let the players test the last iteration of the game before it goes life. Each and every time. And each ánd every time it turns out to be a bad idea.

Thats why i have a bad feeling about updates, and for me it has absolutly nothing to do with "fun" to find bugs, sometimes crippling bugs, when i want to play the game.

And what you wrote there was clear, concise, and well thought out!

Now, what I recommend to you is look at the research in personal job satisfaction. 70% of the people would take a pay cut if it meant getting a better and/or more reasonable boss. You don't work for a pat on the back, understandable, but numbers don't lie. 70% of the people out there DO work for a pat on the back. It is just good customer etiquette. It is also just plain, old fashioned, good leadership.

Fedora1
06-18-2015, 07:38 AM
So why would you think I am blasting you if this is the kinda thing you say?

Perhaps you missed my post above? I said "fair enough".

But to answer your question more specifically, when you quote my post and then say "you you you you" it makes me think you are talking directly to, and about, me.

pjw
06-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Me love you longtime!

Can I buy your house, I've got some really shiny pieces of glass?

Eth
06-18-2015, 07:42 AM
A nice perk for the G landers. Hopefully, the wonky motherboard/power supply/NIC card/or whatever has been fixed. Plus, they get it through July 5.

I noticed a small 'fix' they did, since they took Ghallanda down the last time.
If that change and the server not crashing anymore are actually related, it is unlikely this was a hardware issue.

Requiro
06-18-2015, 07:43 AM
From Release Notes:

Eldritch Cone: Toggle. Your Eldritch Blast now acts as a cone attack, but has Standard Cone AoE range. While active you have -1 die on Eldritch Blast damage and Pact damage, and this spell scales with 75% Spell power.

Eldritch Chain: Eldritch Blast Shape Stance: Toggle on to turn your automatic attack into a ranged magical cone dealing 1d6 Force damage. While active you have -1 Pact damage die, and this spell scales with 130% Spell Power. The cone attack has standard range for cone spells.

I think that Eldritch Cone should say: "Eldritch Blast Shape Stance: Toggle" instead of "Toggle" :p

And in Eldritch Chain ability, I guess that I do more than 1d6 Force damage (I guess that all Eldritch Blast and Pact damage) and this is no Cone shape (I hope?). And It’s scales with 130% Spell Power? Great news :)

I hope that in last minutes, Devs do no rebuild this ability from Lamannia.

Devil_the_sly
06-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Perhaps you missed my post above? I said "fair enough".

But to answer your question more specifically, when you quote my post and then say "you you you you" it makes me think you are talking directly to, and about, me.

I apologize. Thank you for informing me.

FestusHood
06-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't see any mention of the bag deposit box upgrade in these release notes. Has that been postponed?

mikarddo
06-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I don't see any mention of the bag deposit box upgrade in these release notes. Has that been postponed?

Hopefully not as I already moved all my stuff into the shared deposit bank.
Cordovan, whats the news on this?

Elytia
06-18-2015, 07:50 AM
From release notes : Skill Focus: Spellcraft has been added.
From known issues: There is no Skill Focus: Spellcraft feat

Think the known issues need updating.

Eth
06-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Hopefully not as I already moved all my stuff into the shared deposit bank.
Cordovan, whats the news on this?

You are a brave man then.
I did the exact opposite (removed anything of value from it).
I wouldn't trust new things that quickly.

Kalevor
06-18-2015, 07:56 AM
From release notes in The Temple of Elemental Evil:

-Non-Mythic versions of the named items now drop. Like their Mythic counterparts, they are found in both End Chests and random encounters, but are more often found in random encounter chests.

-The drop rate of Mythic named items appearing in random encounter chests has been increased.

I don't get that... there are mythic version of the items? the old ones? they were mythic??

Systern
06-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Release notes say nothing about the Shared Deposit Box -> Crafting Cache change thingy.... did that not make it?

EDIT:

Wut He Sed.

mikarddo
06-18-2015, 08:09 AM
You are a brave man then.
I did the exact opposite (removed anything of value from it).
I wouldn't trust new things that quickly.

More stupid than brave - I see the possible error of my actions too clearly now.

Eth
06-18-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't get that... there are mythic version of the items? the old ones? they were mythic??

They all have this: http://ddowiki.com/page/Mythic_Weapon_Boost
...which the non-mythic versions probably will not have.

Kalevor
06-18-2015, 08:19 AM

So, I will have the oportunity to get worst versions of a crappy loot...? nice :P

Eth
06-18-2015, 08:23 AM
So, I will have the oportunity to get worst versions of a crappy loot...? nice :P

Yep.
Appearantly there must be some people that are interested in the named loot (not me).
Otherwise no one would have complained about the droprates in the first place ;)

Frotz
06-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Yet it seems atleast several times a day I get to a loading screen that wont load and eventually kicks me from the server. I know im not the only one it happens to either.
Often you can type /logout or /quit in that case and the loading screen will clear and you'll find yourself in limbo from a "failed teleport". You can't recover right there, but you can relog which will put you somewhere without waiting for it to eventually close on its own.

Frogger1234
06-18-2015, 08:43 AM

The date on the Current Known Issues is 4-28-2015. Likely a bit out of date

Susquehana
06-18-2015, 08:46 AM
Make it a contest on who can find the most problems! If you know there will be issues, come up with a way to make it enjoyable. That is what I am saying. It sickens me to see people just whining without coming up with fun stuff to counter the irritation factor. This is a game, it is meant to be entertaining and when the first thing I read when I am out looking for information is "YOU GUYS SUCK AND YOU KEEP SCREWING UP." Then I am NOT surprised when I see bugs stick around for a while. I just see it as people that are being beat on have no drive and motivation to go get it right. They are just there to do their jobs instead of focusing on the enjoyment of the customers. Would YOU be happy if every day you came in to work you were getting yelled at and cussed out for not being perfect?????We dont yell at the devs for not being perfect, they arent close to perfect. Putting out buggy things over and over shows a dedication to timelines instead of customers. You are wrong.

06-18-2015, 08:50 AM

when will the otto box come out? in lamannia ddo store otto box was there but when I check the store page in this site I didn't see it?

moomooprincess
06-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Server connection timed out... will this be fixed within the hour?

and so it begins.

Uh, the servers are not set to come up for another 1 hour and 8 minutes as I write this

OrodelaSol
06-18-2015, 08:52 AM
if you currently have the completionist feat you retain it until you TR, upon which you'll need to complete a warlock life

no it is immediately deactivated and u get feat respect token

OrodelaSol
06-18-2015, 08:58 AM
when will the otto box come out? in lamannia ddo store otto box was there but when I check the store page in this site I didn't see it?

yes please more otto's boxes...i really hate playing the game and wish to buy my way to lvl 20 and beyond...worst item EVER! made ddo noobtown

Saaluta
and so it begins.

Uh, the servers are not set to come up for another 1 hour and 8 minutes as I write this

Of course, this assumes that the devs actually get it done in time. As much as I love this game, I am not planning on trying to log in until at least an hour after the "set" time, unless Cordo announces the worlds are up before then. :)

Saal :)

slarden

-Non-Mythic versions of the named items now drop. Like their Mythic counterparts, they are found in both End Chests and random encounters, but are more often found in random encounter chests.

-The drop rate of Mythic named items appearing in random encounter chests has been increased.

The items that dropped previously are mythics. They are now adding non-mythic versions and also increasing the drop rate of the mythics.

Raven_nBk
Ok so when the servers are up there link to the release note.
Can you please advise HOW anyone following that link will know that the completionist feat is de-activated without reading it on this forum?
I would also like to know WHAT the Warlock Past Life is as it is also not in the release notes?

Steelstar
06-18-2015, 09:01 AM
increasing the drop rate of the mythics.

To be clear, the drop rate on Mythics has been raised only in Random Encounter chests. The drop rate of Mythics in the end chests remains unchanged.

moomooprincess
06-18-2015, 09:01 AM
oooo, a new akamai downloading screen. Even states that Akamai contains no bad things(even though it was proven to be hacked) and that I can delete Akamai once the download is complete, Which is nice to see.

slarden
06-18-2015, 09:04 AM
I definitely don't want to see dev time wasted on a long testing cycle. The only time I think they made a mistake releasing content with bugs is when there was exploits. Other than that there has never been a bug I considered to be a show-stopper.

Eth
06-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Can you please advise HOW anyone following that link will know that the completionist feat is de-activated without reading it on this forum?
I would also like to know WHAT the Warlock Past Life is as it is also not in the release notes?

Passive: 3 MRR
Active: +3 spellcraft and 10 uses of confusion per rest

Deadlock
06-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Anyone who has taken the time to acquire the Completionist feat that doesn't understand this from past experience, or hasn't taken the time to find the answer which has been reported repeatedly on the forums, probably doesn't deserve to retain the feat in the first place.

As to the idea that the loss of this Feat will nerf your build is just nonsense. I'll pick up my Warlock past lives whenever it suits me to restore the Completionist feat. I'll happily continue playing my current build on my main without it without losing any sleep.

slarden
06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
To be clear, the drop rate on Mythics has been raised only in Random Encounter chests. The drop rate of Mythics in the end chests remains unchanged.

I haven't seen a named item drop yet so I don't really understand where I am most likely to find named items.

The wiki says the named items drop in the pyramid chest, but I don't even know if that is true.

Eth
06-18-2015, 09:11 AM
I haven't seen a named item drop yet so I don't really understand where I am most likely to find named items.

The wiki says the named items drop in the pyramid chest, but I don't even know if that is true.

Personally:
Pyramid chest: 2 x Golden Orb, 1 x Dagger
End Chest pt. 2: 1 x Golden Orb

From how I understand it though the rare encounters have the highest chance to drop named loot...

FrancisP.Fancypants
06-18-2015, 09:11 AM

It's listed in the feat description.

Vargouille
06-18-2015, 09:19 AM

While those represent only a minority of Warlock activated abilities that can benefit from metamagics, these are included in today's release:

Stricken can use: Empower Maximize Quicken Enlarge
Consume can use: Empower Maximize Quicken Enlarge
Steal Lifeforce can use: Quicken Heighten Enlarge

I haven't been following the Llama threads this past week. Will this fix apply anything to the extra shots we currently take with ranged weapons on Live since the reload change?
No, but it may have given us a clue that we can look at in the future to investigate that.

Per feedback and discussion, there are no restrictions on leveling up Warlocks. You can use an LR+20 to get 20 Warlocks levels immediately, if you wish.

slarden
06-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Personally:
Pyramid chest: 2 x Golden Orb, 1 x Dagger
End Chest pt. 2: 1 x Golden Orb

From how I understand it though the rare encounters have the highest chance to drop named loot...

Thank you for the tip. That is what i enjoy most about that quest is just wandering around so that works great for me.

Cordovan
06-18-2015, 09:20 AM

Lately I've been hitting "publish" then giving it about five minutes before linking it out. Looks like I might need to make that ten minutes.

Yes, this change is not available on the day of release. This change needs further testing to ensure that it is ready to go live. It may be available prior to the release of Update 27; we'll let you know.

The Known Issues have not yet been updated, but will be shortly.

Vargouille
06-18-2015, 09:24 AM
From Release Notes:

I think that Eldritch Cone should say: "Eldritch Blast Shape Stance: Toggle" instead of "Toggle" :p

And in Eldritch Chain ability, I guess that I do more than 1d6 Force damage (I guess that all Eldritch Blast and Pact damage) and this is no Cone shape (I hope?). And It’s scales with 130% Spell Power? Great news :)

I hope that in last minutes, Devs do no rebuild this ability from Lamannia.

Eldritch Chain does incorrectly have text for Cone (in the release notes). This is the correct description:

"Eldritch Blast Shape: Toggle on to turn your automatic attack into a ranged magical bolt dealing Eldritch Blast damage, which then jumps to two more nearby enemies.

While active you have -1 Eldritch Blast Pact damage die, and this spell scales with 110% Spell power."

Augon
06-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Per feedback and discussion, there are no restrictions on leveling up Warlocks. You can use an LR+20 to get 20 Warlocks levels immediately, if you wish.

Thanks varg,
While a friendly forumite had already answered my question, I appreciate a verification from a developer. Sorry I didn't notice the official word in the Lam forums. I missed quite a few days of reading due to RL stuff and never saw that it was decided to not put restrictions on it.

Thanks again, and I look forward to running Warlock on Live.

Myrddinman
06-18-2015, 09:32 AM

I'm confused too. I thought that the Red Cage and Octopus Stinkhorn mushrooms are what made an item Mythic (once upgraded)?

Ok, but can they still be upgraded with the special mushrooms? Or are the mushrooms only for upgrading the crafted weapons/armor?

The items that dropped previously are mythics. They are now adding non-mythic versions and also increasing the drop rate of the mythics.

So, were all previously named items Mythic (both Heroic and Epic), or only some, as Eth linked?

On Heroic, I pulled a Spinal Tap in Zuggy's chest, along with the Mushroom Cap...and of course Elemental Victory. I have also pulled Elemental Armors (Docent, Heavy, and Leather) in rare encounter chests in the corresponding elemental nodes in part 2. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything else. Hopefully that changes today :) Although, I really hope we aren't swimming in these named items.

ForgettableNPC
06-18-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is a question that's been answered before, but can Warlocks naturally cast spells in Light Armor without needing to worry about Arcane Spell Failure like Bards?

Steelstar
06-18-2015, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure if this is a question that's been answered before, but can Warlocks naturally cast spells in Light Armor without needing to worry about Arcane Spell Failure like Bards?

Yes.

Myrddinman
06-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Yes, this change is not available on the day of release. This change needs further testing to ensure that it is ready to go live. It may be available prior to the release of Update 27; we'll let you know.

Thank you for holding this back and waiting to release until surety of function.

Augon
06-18-2015, 09:36 AM
I definitely don't want to see dev time wasted on a long testing cycle. The only time I think they made a mistake releasing content with bugs is when there was exploits. Other than that there has never been a bug I considered to be a show-stopper.

I completely agree. Lam is not there for them to display their work for our approval. It is a Preview server for them to show us some upcoming changes. There is no requirement that every single change they ever make must be previewed on Lam. There is no reason to delay releasing an update to show the community a couple dozen bug fixes. No matter how many times it is previewed on Lam it will never be perfect, so lets get it out there on live and play with what we got.

ForgettableNPC
06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Yes.

Excellent (via Montgomery Burns)

Blackheartox
06-18-2015, 09:39 AM
While those represent only a minority of Warlock activated abilities that can benefit from metamagics, these are included in today's release:

No, but it may have given us a clue that we can look at in the future to investigate that.

Thank you for listening to feedback on lama, those abilities were rather unimpressive without metas.
I sincerely hope they will be ok now on live.
Will test by the end of the day

slarden
06-18-2015, 09:41 AM

Outstanding thank you!

Myrddinman
06-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Responses below...

I completely agree. Lam is not there for them to display their work for our approval.
I can agree with this.

It is a Preview server for them to show us some upcoming changes.
Not so much any more. When they shut down Mournlands, the devs specifically stated that they will be using Lamannia to give us much earlier and rougher builds so that players can test and give feedback while there was still time to make substantial changes. Yes, in the past it really appeared to be simply a "preview" server. Now, whether or not this change has been beneficial is a discussion for another thread perhaps. As I have seen wide disparity in dev feedback and communication when a release is on Lamannia...Mimic Hunt comes immediately to mind.

There is no requirement that every single change they ever make must be previewed on Lam. There is no reason to delay releasing an update to show the community a couple dozen bug fixes. No matter how many times it is previewed on Lam it will never be perfect, so lets get it out there on live and play with what we got.
Yep. See my signature :)

lain5246
06-18-2015, 09:48 AM
my client is unable to connect to the update server and is disabling akami if I restart the client. any advice?

silinteresting
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
5 minutes to go before the might of the warlock will be seen on all servers

Cordovan
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern. Sorry! We are working on a monitoring issue, so once that is resolved, we'll be good to open.

arkonas
06-18-2015, 09:59 AM
my client is unable to connect to the update server and is disabling akami if I restart the client. any advice?

yeah wait for it to come online and you can uninstall akamai

Nestroy
06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern. Sorry! We are working on a monitoring issue, so once that is resolved, we'll be good to open.

I just wanted to ask the usual question of how long the downtime will get extendend this time but you beat me.

Happy downtime extensions everybody!

silinteresting
06-18-2015, 10:01 AM

guess its time to crack another beer and laze in the sun, oh life is so bad lol

oflynn
06-18-2015, 10:04 AM

If anyone expected anything different... well.. they're crazy

Lonnbeimnech
06-18-2015, 10:05 AM
If anyone expected anything different... well.. they're crazy

I was expecting 4 hours.

barecm
06-18-2015, 10:07 AM
How many years have they been doing updates and they still have not adopted the under promise, over deliver methodology? I mean, add 2-3 hours to your current downtime estimates and then shock everyone by finishing early. Same servers up time, less complaining. This should have been 7am to 1 pm. Then, finish around 12 or so and be a hero.

Deadlock
06-18-2015, 10:08 AM

I'm curious here. You guys must do a couple of test builds to see how long it actually takes to create and upload each new build.

Why is it that your test build times are consistently different from the live experience?

Rubix
06-18-2015, 10:09 AM

I don't often come here to complain, if fact, I generally have a rather pleasant, happy-go-lucky attitude, but...

Seriously!?! Spring a downtime on us, by which I mean completely laying to the player base (ref: Cordovan on DDO Cast re: "expect one more push on Lamania"), no warning on Lamania, and less than 24 hours notice here only to extend the downtime again.

Really? This is community liaison and interaction?

Nestroy
06-18-2015, 10:09 AM
How many years have they been doing updates and they still have not adopted the under promise, over deliver methodology? I mean, add 2-3 hours to your current downtime estimates and then shock everyone by finishing early. Same servers up time, less complaining. This should have been 7am to 1 pm. Then, finish around 12 or so and be a hero.

I think they are padding the estimates each and every time and each and every time there are issues that take longer than thought. ;)

dakkon75
06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Does this extended downtime have anything to do with the fact that I can now not connect to the patch server and it times out?

Orleano
06-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Can we have patch notes for this update while we wait for another hour? To hype things up?

oflynn
06-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Can we have patch notes for this update while we wait for another hour? To hype things up?

Been out for awhile
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-release-notes

Dorian

^^ this

I was going to post the same thing. When I used to work in the IT field... this was the standard operating procedure.

Riddle_of_Steel

Already posted in this thread: https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-release-notes

lizrex
06-18-2015, 10:15 AM

Here is a link to the patch notes:

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-26-release-notes

oflynn
06-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Ohh.. official price for warlock.

Warlock Class

Was hoping it was 995 or so, might wait for a sale to get it.

Lumpsack
06-18-2015, 10:16 AM
I was expecting 4 hours.

Theres plenty of time yet ;)

Going on previous I'm supposed to be online in about four hours with a RL mate (its my only night available this week due to work) and I'm wondering if its worth cancelling...

Lonnbeimnech
06-18-2015, 10:17 AM

Another thing they could do it change it from 11AM Eastern standard to 11AM Central standard, which would be confusing enough that people might not complain.

barecm
06-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I think they are padding the estimates each and every time and each and every time there are issues that take longer than thought. ;)

Right, and why I said current estimate... add more. They have been consistently late; not recently, but always. They need to over estimate their already padded estimate.

drewrayder
06-18-2015, 10:22 AM
right, and why i said current estimate... Add more. They have been consistently late; not recently, but always. They need to over estimate their already padded estimate.

this

Nestroy
06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
this

one rule of thump for software engineers on estimates: If you guestimate a downtime, padd up by at least 100 %. And keep the customer(s) happy when it takes double the time you announced after padding.

Kompera_Oberon
06-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Cordo said they actually really, mean it, fixed it with the last Ghallanda downtime./QUOTE]
Not quite fixed, it's 11:15 and the servers are still down.
[QUOTE=Cordovan;5635571]Downtime has been extended until Noon Eastern. Sorry! We are working on a monitoring issue, so once that is resolved, we'll be good to open.
Oh, wait. It's now extended to 12:00.

Anyone care to place bets on the up/down status at that time? Given the recent history and even using this day as a gauge, would "ultimate fail" be a poor bet? Hey, I'm frankly kinda surprised we're actually hearing about the downtime extension from an official source before that extension expires...

Montgomery Scott approves of your methodology.

Really? This is community liaison and interaction?

When you have several methods of communicating with your customer base, expecting that at least one of them isn't going to be all inclusive should be a brain-dead conclusion. Right?

pc123
06-18-2015, 10:34 AM
why is the Server not up already?

Susquehana
06-18-2015, 10:35 AM
why is the Server not up already?Because downtime was extended, as usual.

moomooprincess
06-18-2015, 10:36 AM
I am now updating TRUE

might not be able to login, and I might have to update again but it gave the computer something to do.

584 forward iterations
downloading 570 files
at login screen
worlds closed

Lumpsack
Ooo, patching.

I may have a hat to eat ;)

oflynn
I'm updating atm.
That means I should be able to play in about 2 hours..
Love my internet :D

Orleano
06-18-2015, 10:38 AM
And here i thought those undocumented damages in core of KoTC were added so Pal wold be able to dish at least decent damage...

warlok priced at 1395? At least add a ranged touch line of weapons and a pet for that price to be somewhat fair...

ChicagoChris
06-18-2015, 10:41 AM

Hey Cordo - had to uninstall the Akamai client to get the launcher to download the update. Is this a known issue?

I had this:
Executable Version: 1.9.1.1
Running Executable: netsession_win.exe
Configuration Version: win_2520848_1.9.1.1-RC1
Is Online: Yes
Is Client Upload Enabled: No
Download Speed: 3800351 bytes/sec

moomooprincess
06-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Hey Cordo - had to uninstall the Akamai client to get the launcher to download the update. Is this a known issue?

I had this:
Executable Version: 1.9.1.1
Running Executable: netsession_win.exe
Configuration Version: win_2520848_1.9.1.1-RC1
Is Online: Yes
Is Client Upload Enabled: No
Download Speed: 3800351 bytes/sec

If you read the screen( i posted about this earlier in this thread) you can delete Akamai once installed.

ChicagoChris
06-18-2015, 10:51 AM
If you read the screen( i posted about this earlier in this thread) you can delete Akamai once installed.

Sure - but I didn't think I'd *have* to delete it.

Deadlock
06-18-2015, 11:00 AM

You're Late!

Thanks, had to get that in there.

Deadlock
06-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Sure - but I didn't think I'd *have* to delete it.

I just scrolled to the bottom then hit Decline.

Augon
06-18-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm in :)

Dandonk
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm in :)

Well, I'm logged in. I chose a character. But it doesn't seem to be actually loading into the game world.

EDIT: Take two did it. Yay :)

Cordovan
06-18-2015, 11:07 AM
The game worlds have reopened! Thank you, and we'll see you in the game!

Kompera_Oberon
06-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Not quite fixed, it's 11:15 and the servers are still down.

Oh, wait. It's now extended to 12:00.

Anyone care to place bets on the up/down status at that time?
Shocker! It's 12:06 and I'm logged on.

Ghoulstorm
06-18-2015, 11:12 AM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

That's terrible. Really nice to see how much you guys care.

janave
06-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Stuck on downloading splash screens,
or on the retrieving the list of splashscreens to download

as if they are such a crucial part of the game :/

Nascoe
06-18-2015, 11:48 AM
I did put Akamai on active for the update. At the start my windows asked whether to give the launcher permission (granted). Then it took quite a while but sadly for me the updating ended with being about "overall: 55%, files: updating complete" and then "Unknown error "0xffffffff80043007"

(Edit: taking my firewall out of the equation did not change anything)

Edit2: Hm, so it seems i had an older, conflicting Akamai on my pc and that somehow messed things up. After uninstalling it etc, I got the update to load normally, although I do get the impression its taking longer than it did in the past to load the launcher

Nuryam
06-18-2015, 01:04 PM

+10% Heroic XP
+10% Epic XP
+1 Loot

Appreciated. Thanks.

Also thanks for the update...looking forward to see what the Warlock can do.

Lucian_Navarro
06-18-2015, 01:22 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you, and we'll see you in the game!

Cannot log in... Downloaded the update and can get to the login screen but when I select a world it just closes.

horriblescarz
06-18-2015, 02:37 PM
well im posting so it is bound to be a rant......... that said.

/rant on

i remember the old lag feast on user end caused by the AWESOMIUM.EXE and the fatal errors from the AWESOMIUM.DLL that caused all players havoc in the past, and then the devs wisely got rid of it (or got it working correctly idk) and enter the akami sub client.

the akami sub client was a good initial downloader with almost no resource hogging, and the best thing was once the client wad installed you could uninstal akami and never have any issues.

but how easily the devs have forgotten the past and once again are using awesomium.. and to top it off they once again are incorrectly implementing its usage.

i thought this might of been due to old update garb.. so after a clean (full) uninstall, i pulled the drive i installed it on checked for garb files (user files, appdata +a run of Ccleaner)and installed a fresh SDD, redownloaded the installer, installed and updated.. logged in and once the game client loaded the awesomium.exe hit 7 processes in taskmanager

BUT NO IT WAS NOT OLD GARB IT IS NEW OLD GARB COURTESY OF THE DEVS.
i CURRENTLY have 7 active awesomium_procss.exe running.

i have a gaming laptop, it is a few years old now but it is still 20x more than what ddo requires, in the past i have had 12 accounts all logged on the same comp and raided. this was after the awesomium debacle, during awesomiun_process.exe months with 3 accounts logged in i would get crippling lag making moving inventory a impossible thing to do without the use of guild chests and logging 1 account at a time.

according the the creators of awesomuim only 1 instance of it is required and if more than one are running it is being improperly used to preload windows..

i cant post the link the the page here b/c of vulgarity in the link and dont want to get into trouble.. but it is easy to find with a google search with 'ddo awesomium' it is the top result.

COPY/PASTED FROM:
answers.awesomium.com/questions/1576/why-is-awesomium-f......

awesomium_process dosen't require 14, or any other number of instances by itself. It's require 1 instance per WebView (an browser tab analog). How many tabs, so many instances of awesomium_process. It's will not start by itself. awesomium_process it's process of rendering. It's convert html document to it's visual view. Of course 14 browser tabs it's not so much, if it's an simple windows application, but when it comes to 3D, it's completely different. I don't know, how it realized in DDo, but in game engine, that I usually used (Unity3D), awesomium_process used to generate a texture. Then 3D engine manipulate with it, like with an regular texture. It should be understood that this texture is complex. It can and it will change dynamically. Naturally, this will affect the performance.

It seems, like developers of DDo had not done the necessary optimizations. Which exactly optimization is nedeed, it's a separate question. And the answer to this question should give developers of DDo, not Awesomium. I just give an example. The length of the texture sides by vertical and horizontal must be power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 etc), otherwise even one instance of awesomium will take ~20% of your 8-cores CPU (1 of the cores will be fully loaded). And it's not the awesomium fault, but feature of texture processing by 3D engine.

I also think, that 14 instances of awesomium (or any other browser engine) at the same time, it's too much for 3D application, especially given that they are used only to create the game menu. This is a very wasteful, and it's a DDo developers fault. It seems like they try load all game menus beforehand. If so, then this is not the best idea.

In general, your accusations to the developers of awesomium are unfounded. It's like blaming the developers of Visual Studio or Delphi, that someone did a bad, buggy program using these development environments. Awesomium is just a tool, and like any tool, it must be used correctly. This site has all the necessary documentation, and also this answers platform. All to the developer could learn how to use this tool correctly.

it is further stated

awesomium leaks/crashes/etc as hell if you run more than one webview. as a workaround we use it via ipc wrapper: 1 view = 1 webcore.

SO CAN WE GET THIS THING CODED PROPERLY INTO THE GAME OR MAYBE TRASH IT LIKE U DID AND LETS MOVE ON WITH BETTER INSTEAD OF OLD BUSTED WITH A BANDAID SOLUTION.

AND FURTHER MORE, I AM A CANADIAN. AND IT IS AGAINST CANADIAN LAW TO SECRETLY INSTALL 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE ALONGSIDE OF YOUR SOFTWARE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSIONS.
A LIL WARNING OF THE INSTALL WOULD OF BEEN NICE AND ALSO BEEN IN COMPLIANCE WITH CANADIAN LAW AND LAWS IN OTHER COUNTRIES. (i think you may have also violated many laws in europe and asia by this ghost/secrete install of a 3rd party software without informing the end user of such a action.)

/rant paused

i understand this is for the changes to the ddo store, but why 7 instances of it for the single window.. this attempt at pre-loading screens is dumb, i sometimes dont open the store for weeks on end, and this kind of thing will potentially make that a much longer interval in the future.

NanooNanoo
06-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Cannot log in... Downloaded the update and can get to the login screen but when I select a world it just closes.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one having this problem.

ssgcmwatson
06-18-2015, 11:10 PM
I can log in, but within 10-20 seconds of entering the game world I have unplayable lag. I had to restart my computer twice. Not my internet connection - Hellgate works fine.

NanooNanoo
06-19-2015, 02:25 AM
I can't find any threads or notes about systems working on this issue. I still can't get past the world selection screen.

shweppy
06-19-2015, 06:57 AM
When I try to log in, I get a message that it can't find a server queue. I seriously doubt that Ghallanda has suddently turned from ghost town to the busiest server seen in years overnight!!!

Fedora1
06-19-2015, 07:06 AM
This is literally a shot in the dark, but for you guys that are having trouble loggin in, maybe try running the launcher as an admin? Right click - run as admin.

I have had that work on occasion due to the launcher wanting to install new software, like akamai or dotnet or something. If it works, you can go back and uninstall akamai right after.

NanooNanoo
06-19-2015, 03:11 PM
This is literally a shot in the dark, but for you guys that are having trouble loggin in, maybe try running the launcher as an admin? Right click - run as admin.

I have had that work on occasion due to the launcher wanting to install new software, like akamai or dotnet or something. If it works, you can go back and uninstall akamai right after.

Didn't help any, unfortunately. Still same problem. grrrr. so frustrating.

NanooNanoo
06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/452851-Nothing-happens-after-selecting-the-server

I followed this and it works. I'm now in the game.