PDA

View Full Version : The Rolling Storm Enhancement Tree V2.0

Questdoer
06-08-2015, 01:21 PM
After taking the feedback from my last thread into consideration I have remade the rolling storm tree into a generic thing that anyone can use. (Like Harper's Agent)

http://i60.tinypic.com/2941nde.png
Core
http://i58.tinypic.com/2d290mf.png
T1
http://i60.tinypic.com/juz440.png
T2
http://i62.tinypic.com/d9m4p.png
T3
http://i59.tinypic.com/25pmyhw.png
T4
http://i58.tinypic.com/nn36ds.png
T5
http://i61.tinypic.com/2ynozet.png

=====New Lore=====
When the first dragonmarks appeared those three thousand centuries ago, there were some that believed them to be a sign of superiority.
They believed that those with the marks were somehow better than those without.
This small group of radical extremist called themselves the rolling storm, and were a terrorist group hell bent on taking their perceived birthright from those who would deny them.
However over the years they mellowed out considerably, even allowing those without marks into their guild.
These days the rolling storm has a far more peaceful outlook, but that doesn't mean they have forgotten how to fight.
And recently they have started teaching their unique fighting style to outsiders that they deem worthy.

TheGuyYouKnow
06-08-2015, 02:47 PM
some nice changes here, good idea to change it to an all class tree.

core criticisms
1st: .5 tumble every level seems unnecessarily complicated, i would change it to +2 for each core
2nd: blocking provides immunity to many weapon effects and abilities, this is too strong. suggest 2pr while ranged weapon and 5pr while melee weapon equip.
3rd: all good
4th: to use this buff you are only allowed to attack once per tumble? i would never get more than 2 stacks of this buff, lessern the effects but make it easier to maintain. tumbling gives you 1 melee/ranged power for 5 seconds, 10 stacks max.
5th: all good
6th: for most this effectively comes down to +2 str and dex, too weak for the capstone ability

ill get around to reading the of the tree tomorrow

LuKaSu
06-08-2015, 03:19 PM
At first glance, it looks pretty crazily overpowered. 1 AP gives you proficiency in almost everything. One more AP makes every sneak attack into a tripping move. A Tier 2 that gives you 50% + 280% doubleshot at level 28, plus a Tier 3 that adds an additional Dex or Str score of doubleshot on top of that. A Tier 3 that grants you Mobile Spellcasting feat, which normally requires a two-feat investment to get.

That being said, there are a couple things here that I really do like. Ricochet looks like a super fun ability, especially for those throwing several throwing weapons at a time. The thing where you throw arrows and bolts look fun. And I like the idea of different dragonmarks opening up different enhancement lines. And I'm impressed with all the work you've put into it. Great job. Again, I'd tone some things down a bit, but I commend all the work you've put into it!

Questdoer
06-08-2015, 03:43 PM
some nice changes here, good idea to change it to an all class tree.

core criticisms
1st: .5 tumble every level seems unnecessarily complicated, i would change it to +2 for each core

I think your missing the point of that.
This tree depends pretty heavily on the tumble skill, so I wanted lets say... an artificer using this tree to be on par with a rogue in that respect.

2nd: blocking provides immunity to many weapon effects and abilities, this is too strong. suggest 2pr while ranged weapon and 5pr while melee weapon equip.

It does? I thought it only did that if you had a shield?
Anyway it's not there for the defensive buff, it's there to make the tumble/attack/tumble pattern more intuitive.

3rd: all good
4th: to use this buff you are only allowed to attack once per tumble? i would never get more than 2 stacks of this buff, lessern the effects but make it easier to maintain. tumbling gives you 1 melee/ranged power for 5 seconds, 10 stacks max.

This is meant to fit the tumble/attack/tumble play style, but I suppose it would still fulfill its role even if it doesn't decay so fast...

5th: all good
6th: for most this effectively comes down to +2 str and dex, too weak for the capstone ability

Anyone wanting to really dedicate themselves to this tree will find a lot more use from this then you think.

ill get around to reading the of the tree tomorrow

Kay thanks.

Questdoer
06-08-2015, 04:07 PM
At first glance, it looks pretty crazily overpowered.
That's what I was afraid of :(

1 AP gives you proficiency in almost everything.
Actually I tried to keep fluid weapons from being anything other then the slightly more neglected stuff.
Or at least... the things that had lower than average base stats.

One more AP makes every sneak attack into a tripping move.
Can only effect an enemy once every 30 seconds... But yes I had concerns about that one as well...
I wanted to put it latter on in the tree, but I couldn't find room for it.

A Tier 2 that gives you 50% + 280% doubleshot at level 28, plus a Tier 3 that adds an additional Dex or Str score of doubleshot on top of that.
Well razor winds requires you to already have manyshot, and shares a cooldown with it.
And since manyshot can give up to 400% doubleshot, I don't see what's OP there.
As for throw it all, that's pretty much a harder to get advanced ninja training enhancement except it works with all throwing weapons not just shurikens.

A Tier 3 that grants you Mobile Spellcasting feat, which normally requires a two-feat investment to get.
I don't really know if that would be OP or not, because I have never run a serious character that had room for it.
Nor have I ever seen anyone else use it...
Either way, this tree is about mobility so I felt that it fit.

That being said, there are a couple things here that I really do like. Ricochet looks like a super fun ability, especially for those throwing several throwing weapons at a time. The thing where you throw arrows and bolts look fun. And I like the idea of different dragonmarks opening up different enhancement lines. And I'm impressed with all the work you've put into it. Great job. Again, I'd tone some things down a bit, but I commend all the work you've put into it!
Ty, and I'm planning on it.

UurlockYgmeov
06-08-2015, 06:41 PM
again - very well done!

Some good ideas here. Am sure the Dev's are watching. :D

TheGuyYouKnow
06-08-2015, 08:47 PM
-I think your missing the point of that. This tree depends pretty heavily on the tumble skill, so I wanted lets say... an artificer using this tree to be on par with a rogue in that respect.
im aware of the tumble theme but i feel the more acrobatic classes should should say ahead in this respect, also easier to code +2 tumble over .5 based on certain class levels

-It does? I thought it only did that if you had a shield? Anyway it's not there for the defensive buff, it's there to make the tumble/attack/tumble pattern more intuitive.
it does.

-This is meant to fit the tumble/attack/tumble play style, but I suppose it would still fulfill its role even if it doesn't decay so fast...

-Anyone wanting to really dedicate themselves to this tree will find a lot more use from this then you think.
im not seeing anything too major

-Kay thanks.
np

Questdoer
06-09-2015, 12:36 PM
*sniff* Goodbye staggering blow!
I liked you, but there just isn't room.

But hey!
Marked for greatness is good too :)

Questdoer
06-28-2015, 05:22 PM
You know... I am still looking for feedback on this...
Just sayin...

FedoraSire
07-12-2015, 02:07 PM
I love the tree, throwers (other than monks with shurikens) get so little love and this would be a true gift to them. ^_^

A tree associated with no specific dragonmarks you say? Sounds like a work of House Tarkanan, the house of aberrant dragonmarks! :D

"House Tarkanan is a pseudo-dragonmarked house based in Sharn consisting mostly of bearers of aberrant dragonmarks. The House takes its name from Lord Halas Tarkanan who, along with the Lady of the Plague, raised up those with aberrant dragonmarks to challenge the dragonmarked houses during the War of the Mark. Tarkanan nonetheless has a reputation for assassination, thievery and other unlawful deeds." - http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/House_Tarkanan

How to adapt quests that have them as the patron would be a challenge though :I

Questdoer
08-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Bump ;)

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 02:02 PM
I love the tree, throwers (other than monks with shurikens) get so little love and this would be a true gift to them. ^_^

A tree associated with no specific dragonmarks you say? Sounds like a work of House Tarkanan, the house of aberrant dragonmarks! :D

"House Tarkanan is a pseudo-dragonmarked house based in Sharn consisting mostly of bearers of aberrant dragonmarks. The House takes its name from Lord Halas Tarkanan who, along with the Lady of the Plague, raised up those with aberrant dragonmarks to challenge the dragonmarked houses during the War of the Mark. Tarkanan nonetheless has a reputation for assassination, thievery and other unlawful deeds." - http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/House_Tarkanan

How to adapt quests that have them as the patron would be a challenge though :I

+1 nods sagely good advice

Looking over the tree itself, I see a lot of imagination and work which is great.
Love the artwork too.

I see some themes here that could be brought out and emphasized, particularly the aberrant dragonmarks occurrences in Eberron.

Also, the Dragonmark system as a whole is somewhat weak and could stand some extra uses, etc...

Not to be critical, but some of the tree feels a bit overpower.
Other parts seem like they might be hard to code.
However, this sort of brainstorming is exactly what the Devs thrive in as they can cherry pick, pluck, prune, and gather from such.

I'll be looking over the tree, making up my own flawed version to post when its done.
Sounds like fun.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Aberrant Dragonmark ~~ two columns out of five / start with core?

Possible Theme ~ you gain one or two additional dragonmark above and beyond whatever marks your already have.

Possible Theme ~ you gain extra uses / regeneration / etc... for all your dragonmarks.

Possible Theme ~ you gain increased potency for all your dragonmarks.

So new core one:

Fluff: Aberrant Dragonmark ~ you gain an unusual dragonmark and abilities therein. Blah, blah ~ you are hunted by blah blah because of this defect in the system, blah, blah {insert cool thematics here} PS great stuff written above adapt it all, etc...

Technical: Gain a Dragonmark Feat of your choice that you do not already posses. Each Core you gain increases your total Dragonmark per day uses by a stacking +1. Each point spent in the Rolling Storm Aberrant Dragonmark Tree grants you +1 to your tumble skills.

Tier One

Dragonmark Focus: Grants additional uses of dragonmarks and a bonus to the associated skill for whatever Dragonmark you gained in core one.

Multi-selection ~ Choose one:

Tharashk Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Search.

Cannith Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Repair.

Orien Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Balance.

Deneith Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Intimidate.

Jorasco Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Heal

Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Hide

Kundarak Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Search

Lyrandar Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark uses per day, +1/+2/+3 Balance.

AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 1 Requires: Core 1

Tier Two

Requires 5 APs spent in tree

Icon Enhancement Human Lesser Dragonmark.png
Lesser Dragonmarks: Humans have access to the Dragonmarks of Finding, Making, Passage and Sentinel. Also allows you to use your Least Dragonmark an extra time per rest.

Icon Enhancement Lesser Dragonmark of Finding.png Lesser Dragonmark Spell: Knock (Skill = Character Level + Charisma Modifier)
Icon Enhancement Lesser Dragonmark of Making.png Lesser Dragonmark Spell: Repair Serious Damage. Also grants +3 to all Crafting skills.
Icon Enhancement Lesser Dragonmark of Passage.png Lesser Dragonmark Spell: Dimension Door
Icon Enhancement Lesser Dragonmark of Sentinel.png Lesser Dragonmark Spell: Protection from Elements

AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Least Dragonmark of Finding/Making/Passage/Sentinel, Dragonmark Focus
Icon Enhancement Skill Focus.png

Tier Three

Requires 10 APs spent in tree
Icon Enhancement Human Lesser Dragonmark.png
Greater Dragonmarks: Humans have access to the Dragonmarks of Finding, Making, Passage and Sentinel. Also allows you to use your Least and Lesser Marks an extra time per rest.

Choose one:

Icon Enhancement Greater Dragonmark of Finding.png Greater Dragonmark Spell: Treasure Finding
Icon Enhancement Greater Dragonmark of Making.png Greater Dragonmark Spell: Reconstruct. Also grants +4 to all Crafting skills.
Icon Enhancement Greater Dragonmark of Passage.png Greater Dragonmark Spell: Teleport
Icon Enhancement Greater Dragonmark of Sentinel.png Greater Dragonmark Spell: Globe of Invulnerability

AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Least Dragonmark of Finding/Making/Passage/Sentinel, Lesser Dragonmarks
Icon Enhancement Skill Mastery.png [/code]

Happy Moon Day Everyone. May your summons glow with sliverly light. May your spells be ghostly white. Celebrate with cresant cookies and moon punch! Good Lucki all!

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Problem: Adding the possibility of taking racial dragonmark enhancements in this tree, could outdate the racial trees.

Solution: Create a left column exclusively for Aberrant Dragonmarks; Also Tier Five will introduce Siberous Dragonmark Spell

Tier One: Aberrant Dragonmark Discovery ~ you gain an Aberrant Dragonmark (this dragonmark is will not prevent you from taking or acquire normal dragonmarks as well). Least Dragonmark Spell: _____ (? = Character Level + ? Modifier)
{Suggest using gain Hyponotic Pattern as a Spell Like Ability.}
Requirements: None
AP Cost 2

Tier Two: Aberrant Dragonmark Focus: +1/+2/+3 dragonmark use per day, +1/+2/+3 Bluff?
{These should stack with other dragonmark uses per day}
(research Aberrant Dragonmarks for appropriate skill if available as it is historical Eberron)
Requirements: Aberrant Dragonmark Discovery
AP Cost 1/1/1

Tier Three: Lesser Aberrant Dragonmark Spell: _____ (? = Character Level + ? Modifier)
{Suggest using gain Prismatic Ray as a Spell Like Ability as it fits the random nature of Aberrant.}
Highest Modifer or Multi-selection of Int/Wis/Cha for spellcasting DC.
Requirements: Aberrant Dragonmark Focus
AP Cost 2

Tier Four: Greater Aberrant Dragonmark Spell: _____ (? = Character Level + ? Modifier)
{Suggest using Prismatic Spray as a Spell Like Ability.}
Highest Modifer or Multi-selection of Int/Wis/Cha for spellcasting DC.
{Metamagic: Empower, Heighten, Maximize, Quicken can be applied for free}
Requirements: Lesser Aberrant Dragonmark Spell
AP Cost 2

Tier Five: Siberous Dragonmark Spell I:
{Suggest Copying the Sorcerer Past Life Spell and use it here.}
Requirement: Siberous Recovery.
AP Cost 2

Tier Five: Siberous Recovery: All, your Dragonmark(s) regenerate at a rate of 1 per a minute.
Requirement: Must Possess a Dragonmark Feat.
AP Cost 1/1/1

Tier Five: Siberous Dragonmark Spell II:
{Suggest Copying the Favored Soul Past Life Spell and use it here.}
Requirement: Siberous Recovery.
AP Cost 2

Notes for research:

Aberrant Dragonmarks Edit
Aberrant Dragonmark

Aberrant Dragonmarks can be clearly distinguished from a standard house dragonmark and no two are alike

The dragonmarks are passed through bloodlines and when two members of different dragonmarked families reproduce it often results in aberrant dragonmarks. The aberrant marks do not manifest identically each time therefore it is possible for two individuals with completely different looking marks to produce the same magical effect using the mark. Indeed each aberrant dragonmark is completely unique to its bearer. Originally aberrant marked were seen as outcasts and outsiders. Often they were shunned by the houses and eked out a pitiful existence. Many members bearing these aberrant dragonmarks have since united in their differences and formed House Tarkanan, most notably present in Sharn.

Heir of Siberys Edit
Heir

Rurik d’Kundarak, a dwarf fighter with the Siberys Mark of Warding

Much rarer are the so called Heirs of Siberys who possess the Siberys Mark, marks that cover much, if not all, of their body. A dragonmarked individual might labor all of their life and never manifest the Siberys Mark, while an unmarked member of a house bloodline might suddenly manifest the mark overnight. It is unpredictable and unexplained despite steady research by top minds across Khorvaire. The Siberys Mark grants the bearer extraordinary power based upon which houses mark he manifests. These Siberys dragonmarks can lead to otherwise unknown or undiscovered members of a house to suddenly rise in importance within their own ranks and those who were formerly unmarked may have a hard time adjusting to this new fame.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Next Question:

Should Wis or Con to damage be introduced into the game and would an independant tree such as thus be the place to do it?

EI: How much Harper Tree do we need here?

And should we promote Favored Enemy Dragon?

Core abilities

Agent of Good I: +? to hit vs. Dragons, +1 Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 0 Requires: Character level 1

Harper Training I / Ability Score: Choose one.

+1 Str
+1 Con
+1 Wis

AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 5 Requires: Character level 3, Agent of Good I

Agent of Good II: +? to hit and damage vs. Dragon, +5 Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 Requires: Character level 6, Harper Training I

Harper Training II / Ability Score: Choose one.

+1 Str
+1 Con
+1 Wis
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 20 Requires: Character level 12, Agent of Good II

Agent of Good III: +? to hit and damage vs. Dragons. +10 Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30 Requires: Character level 18, Harper Training II

________
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 1 Progression: 40 Requires: Character level 20, Agent of Good III

???

Or new directions ??

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Looking thru the Tier Ones you already have:

Improvise
Who needs Bows ~ I love the ideas here, but I am wondering if it would be a nightmare to code. We already have handwraps being adapted and we know how much trouble that is. I think this theme could be lifted and morphed to something interesting.

Perhaps

Wise Combat I: You can use your Wisdom modifier to hit with Melee and Missile weapons.

Note: This does not function while unarmed, on shields, or using handwraps.

AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements

The hate generation could be compared to other existing trees and smoothed out into one of those forms.
Perhaps this would be better:

Disguise: Choose one:

Disguise Spellcasting: Your damaging spells generate 25%/50%/75% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.

Disguise Fighting: Your melee attacks generate 25%/50%/75% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 1 No requirements

Tumbling granting one or more bonuses per X seconds sounds like a interesting theme.
Compare to existing tumble enhancements and balance.

Cartwheel Surge: After tumbling, you gain a +2/+4/+6 bonus to PPR and MMR for 12 seconds.

Extra Spell points could be compared to existing trees that grant spell points in tier 1 or 2.
Likely would be a fixed amount not based on a skill.

Spell Points: +30/60/90 Spell Points.
The Dragonmark Column is posted above.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:20 PM
Tier Two looking at what you have:

These two are very popular in the Harper tree so consider tagging them here as well:

Aberrant Adept I: [+1/+2/+3] Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 5 No requirements

Know the Wisdom: Activation cost: [45/30/15] spell points. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Antirequisite: Know the Angles/Divine Might. You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Wisdom modifier for [30/60/120] seconds.

And the Dragonmark Column posted above

I just cannot see granting a tier 2 manyshot type ability, we can move it to tier five as balancing maneuver.

Granting returning arrows was mentioned in one of my projects and the objection was voiced that it overshadowed rogue's fletchter ability. So I would nix it.

A call lighting SLA would be interesting. Compare to Druid's Season Herald for balancing placement.

I like Out of the Blue, it sounds complex but interesting. Toss it out there for the Devs to chew on and see what they come up with.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Looking at Tier three, I see a grant of Mobile Spellcasting which nice.

Would revise as such:

Tier Three: Thunderous Casting I grants Combat Casting also
You gain a new Favored Enemy feat, dealing extra damage against those enemies: Dragon.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 No requirements
Requirements: None
AP Cost 2

Tier Four: Thunderous Casting II grants Mobile SpellCasting
Requirements: Thunderous Casting I
AP Cost 2

Granting Double Shot is a balance business and I will let the devs/math gruuls work on that.

However, we probably want to consider:

Aberrant Adept II: [+1/+2/+3] Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 10 No requirements

Wise Combat II: You can use your Wisdom modifier for damage with Melee and Missile weapons.

AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 10 No requirements

[/i]

And the above posted dragonmark column and the typical ability +1 choice.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:38 PM
Looking at Tier Four (where some of a tree's power truely lies):

Make Em Dance Looks Great.
Let the Devs balance it out.

Combine
Let Sparks Fly
and
Let Thunder Roll

Move up to Tier Four, make it grant bonuses that last for 12 seconds instead of a single shot.

+Xd6 electric damage per weapon hit...balancing against similar enhancements.
Etc...

Ability Score

Above listed Dragonmark

Above listed Mobile Spellcasting

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Looking at tier five.

It seems we have the same, siberous dragonmark idealogy running here.
Let the Devs go with a form of that.

You used one slot, I grabbed three slots.
But its a great idea.

The Two remaining slots ought to cover:
Combining our tier four and tier five into one tier five ?
Versatile Adept III: [+1/+2/+3] Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 20 No requirements
Versatile Adept IV: [+2/+4/+6] Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.
AP Cost: 1 Ranks: 3 Progression: 30 No requirements

Archer's Focus sounds interesting, but twecking it for a tree seems a bit dicey for coding problems.
The extra ranged power above might be better.
This is where you "manyshot ability belongs" out of reach of cherry picking.

For the last slot, I would actually consider the very desirable and powerful:

Thunderous Casting III: Your spells benefit from the Quicken Spell metamagic feat. This does not increase their Spell Point cost. (This does not stack with the actual Extend metamagic feat.)
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 30
Requirements: Thunderous Casting II

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Seeing all that, I would go back and balance the core out with various things we left out.

If I messed a lot with your tree, well, my ideas are imperfect.

I will point this thread out to the devs and listen to other folk's ideas.

Silverleafeon
08-24-2015, 10:01 PM
Concerns of mine.

If a new independent tree comes out that was melee/ranged/universal spell power in it ~ will the opportunity to double dip be a problem? Or will the upwards scaling of the tree preclude such actions?

Questdoer
08-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Looking over the tree itself, I see a lot of imagination and work which is great.
Love the artwork too.

Ty :)

I see some themes here that could be brought out and emphasized, particularly the aberrant dragonmarks occurrences in Eberron.
Also, the Dragonmark system as a whole is somewhat weak and could stand some extra uses, etc...

If they do put in these 'aberrant dragonmarks' then i don't think that they should be tied to this tree.

Not to be critical, but some of the tree feels a bit overpower.
Other parts seem like they might be hard to code.
However, this sort of brainstorming is exactly what the Devs thrive in as they can cherry pick, pluck, prune, and gather from such.

Please nitpick, I need to know this stuff.
(Not so subtle hint to be more specific about what you think is overpowered/hard to code.)

Aberrant Dragonmark ~~ two columns out of five / start with core?
Possible Theme ~ you gain one or two additional dragonmark above and beyond whatever marks your already have.
Possible Theme ~ you gain extra uses / regeneration / etc... for all your dragonmarks.
Possible Theme ~ you gain increased potency for all your dragonmarks.

So new core one:

Fluff: Aberrant Dragonmark ~ you gain an unusual dragonmark and abilities therein. Blah, blah ~ you are hunted by blah blah because of this defect in the system, blah, blah {insert cool thematics here} PS great stuff written above adapt it all, etc...

Technical: Gain a Dragonmark Feat of your choice that you do not already posses. Each Core you gain increases your total Dragonmark per day uses by a stacking +1. Each point spent in the Rolling Storm Aberrant Dragonmark Tree grants you +1 to your tumble skills.

Don't take this the wrong way... but I don't think I like the idea of this tree giving you more then one Dragonmark.

Tier One
Snip

Tier Two
snip

Tier Three
snip

Happy Moon Day Everyone. May your summons glow with sliverly light. May your spells be ghostly white. Celebrate with cresant cookies and moon punch! Good Lucki all!

Wat?
What are you trying to say here?

Problem: Adding the possibility of taking racial dragonmark enhancements in this tree, could outdate the racial trees.
Solution: Create a left column exclusively for Aberrant Dragonmarks; Also Tier Five will introduce Siberous Dragonmark Spell

Okay lets get one thing straight.
I did not design the rolling storm tree to be all about dragonmarks.
At the start it was all about tumbling, and throwing weapons because I thought that those two things were cool but useless.
Then people said that what I designed was too rigid, and didn't have room for other fighting styles.
So I made it more flexible, and added in functionality with other weapons, skills, ect.
One of the things I threw in there was special interactions with dragonmarks.
Because again, I thought they were cool but underwhelming.

Next Question:
Should Wis or Con to damage be introduced into the game and would an independant tree such as thus be the place to do it?
maybe...

EI: How much Harper Tree do we need here?

None if you ask me...

And should we promote Favored Enemy Dragon?

Um... why?

Core abilities
snip
Or new directions ??

What is this?
Why are you quoting harper tree stuff?

Looking thru the Tier Ones you already have:

YAY, finally feedback that my feeble brain can understand!

Improvise
Who needs Bows ~ I love the ideas here, but I am wondering if it would be a nightmare to code. We already have handwraps being adapted and we know how much trouble that is. I think this theme could be lifted and morphed to something interesting.

I was more imagining it destroying the, let's say arrows, and then creating an equal number of throwing daggers with the same effects attached to them.
Kinda like how you can turn handwraps into dog collars.

Perhaps
Wise Combat I: You can use your Wisdom modifier to hit with Melee and Missile weapons.
AP Cost: 2 Ranks: 1 Progression: 1 No requirements

Why?
No one would pick up zen archery if they could just grab it from here for 1 AP.

The hate generation could be compared to other existing trees and smoothed out into one of those forms.
Perhaps this would be better:
Disguise: Choose one:
Disguise Spellcasting: Your damaging spells generate 25%/50%/75% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.
Disguise Fighting: Your melee attacks generate 25%/50%/75% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.

I did look at other trees, and I specifically chose a lower amount because I felt that 75% was too much for such a low hanging fruit.

Tumbling granting one or more bonuses per X seconds sounds like a interesting theme.
Compare to existing tumble enhancements and balance.

It's the main theme, and I want a good chunk of the power budget to be dedicated to it.

Cartwheel Surge: After tumbling, you gain a +2/+4/+6 bonus to PPR and MMR for 12 seconds.

I like the Temporary HP cause it encourages you to tumble more when taking more damage rather then just tumbling every few seconds to keep the buff up.

Extra Spell points could be compared to existing trees that grant spell points in tier 1 or 2.
Likely would be a fixed amount not based on a skill.
Spell Points: +30/60/90 Spell Points.

The reason for it scaling with spot is because of the skills position in the game right now.
There are so many nice little bonuses to spot in the game, but spot is mostly useless if you already know where traps are.
And as you can probably guess... this tree is all about neglected skills/feats/mechanics/ect.

Tier Two looking at what you have:
These two are very popular in the Harper tree so consider tagging them here as well:
Aberrant Adept I: [+1/+2/+3] Melee Power, Ranged Power, and Universal Spell Power.
Know the Wisdom: Activation cost: [45/30/15] spell points. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Antirequisite: Know the Angles/Divine Might. You gain an Insight bonus to damage and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Wisdom modifier for [30/60/120] seconds.

No... the genaric power is harpers thing.

I just cannot see granting a tier 2 manyshot type ability, we can move it to tier five as balancing maneuver.

If you check the description again you will see that it requires you to already have manyshot.
The reason it's there is so that you can use throwing weapons with manyshot.
But your right... it's a bit misleading to put it in T2 when no one can actually get it till latter.

Granting returning arrows was mentioned in one of my projects and the objection was voiced that it overshadowed rogue's fletchter ability. So I would nix it.

I don't know man...
It's such a huge part of the tree that it is kinda needed.

Um...
I need to go right now, but I will get back to you latter.

Silverleafeon
08-25-2015, 09:20 PM
I have no qualms about not following the Aberrant Dragonmark in your tree.
However I do feel Aberrant and Siberious are something in Eberron History that definitely merits a general tree someday.

It makes a good left side in order to put more things with.
Just as general stuff makes filler as well.

Silverleafeon
08-25-2015, 09:27 PM
I was more imagining it destroying the, let's say arrows, and then creating an equal number of throwing daggers with the same effects attached to them.
Kinda like how you can turn handwraps into dog collars.

Sounds interesting.

If you check the description again you will see that it requires you to already have manyshot.
The reason it's there is so that you can use throwing weapons with manyshot.
But your right... it's a bit misleading to put it in T2 when no one can actually get it till latter.

I feel, one should never ever, put a powerful ability of any kind at T2, regardless of what feats it requires to get it.

I don't know man...
It's such a huge part of the tree that it is kinda needed.

Just what I saw others say, but this tree might merit it.

I need to go right now, but I will get back to you latter.
Sure.

Silverleafeon
08-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Frankly, if you want this to be a thrower tree, make it a thrower tree.