PDA

View Full Version : Does melfs acid arrow stack?

TMMGEM
06-07-2015, 10:03 PM
If not why?

Hobgoblin
06-08-2015, 12:41 AM
If not why?

please say what you mean by stacking.

are you talking about the same caster?

or are you talking about multiple casters?

either way it doesn't stack when players cast it, and seems to be hit or miss when mobs do it.

as to why, in the old description it used to spell out that multiple casts would not deal more damage but would reset the duration.

i have had 3 or 4 ticks of it in the pit before, but not had more then one stack on harry even with multiple sorcs in group.

UurlockYgmeov
06-08-2015, 01:21 AM
I believe the OP is wondering if it works like a DoT and can have multiple affects from the same caster (like Divine Punishment), or if multiple castings by the same caster just extends the duration.

Hobgoblin
06-08-2015, 01:25 AM
I believe the OP is wondering if it works like a DoT and can have multiple affects from the same caster (like Divine Punishment), or if multiple castings by the same caster just extends the duration.

ah.

don't have an arcane caster atm, but from what i remember it is like i said,

no stacking it just extends the duration

UurlockYgmeov
06-08-2015, 02:18 AM
ah.

don't have an arcane caster atm, but from what i remember it is like i said,

no stacking it just extends the duration

Been awhile since I played a caster - but IIRC you are correct in the above statement.

unbongwah
06-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Does melfs acid arrow stack?
No: recasts just reset the timer, it doesn't stack the way NBC and EES do. [EDIT: removed BDB.]

If not why?
Because that's how it works.

Caprice
06-08-2015, 09:03 AM
No: recasts just reset the timer, it doesn't stack the way NBC, EES, and BDB do.

I'm pretty sure that BDB doesn't stack either. With a 6 second DoT duration and a 5.5 second cooldown for Wizards, that would be rather cruel due to how often lag & latency would make it drop off.

FWIW the Bard Spellsinger SLA "Reverberate" stacks to 3 like Niac's and Eladar's.

TMMGEM
06-08-2015, 01:53 PM
No: recasts just reset the timer, it doesn't stack the way NBC and EES do. [EDIT: removed BDB.]

Thanks i thought maybe i missed something. Seems like earth savant is very under powered.

Rys
06-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Thanks i thought maybe i missed something. Seems like earth savant is very under powered.

Are you talking about heroics or epics? Because earth savant can be tons of fun in heroics and I wouldn't call it underpowered by any means.

Trillea
06-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Are you talking about heroics or epics? Because earth savant can be tons of fun in heroics and I wouldn't call it underpowered by any means.

I would.

Ice is nice...

unbongwah
06-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Seems like earth savant is very under powered.
Earth Savants have three things going for them: SP-efficient DoTs; a number of no-save spells like Melfs, Acid Fog, and BDB (so it's a little more forgiving of lower DCs than the others); and relatively few mobs are acid-immune, compared to the other three elements. Their main drawbacks are they lack great burst DPS spells (no acid spells as good as, e.g., Chain Lightning or DBF); most acid spells are Conjuration but other DPS spells are usually Evocation (so you split your spell schools going Earth+Fire or Earth+Water, whereas "Air+" combos don't); and Wind Dance is the most useful of the T5 Savant abilities, IMHO.

I'd say Earth Savant is fine for heroic leveling, but at some point I would switch to Air Savant with the appropriate spell swappage (Blood of Dragons (http://ddowiki.com/page/Blood_of_Dragons) makes it a lot easier).

Wizza
06-09-2015, 04:09 AM

Earth savant is probably the best savant for both new players and old, togheter with Fire. They both have some really strong AoE DoT, they are both very SP efficient and they do tons of damage. I'd say earth savant is almost as strong as Fire.

Also, Earthgrab is fantastic. I've tried it lately and with only 18 con + 6 item, it worked on quests 3 levels above on mobs like Hezrous, Earth Elementals etc. It has tons of no save spells which is awesome if you are lacking gear or past lives. The only downside is that it is a bit slower but I wouldn't call it underpowered at all.

TMMGEM
06-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Earth savant is probably the best savant for both new players and old, togheter with Fire. They both have some really strong AoE DoT, they are both very SP efficient and they do tons of damage. I'd say earth savant is almost as strong as Fire.

Also, Earthgrab is fantastic. I've tried it lately and with only 18 con + 6 item, it worked on quests 3 levels above on mobs like Hezrous, Earth Elementals etc. It has tons of no save spells which is awesome if you are lacking gear or past lives. The only downside is that it is a bit slower but I wouldn't call it underpowered at all.

I played fire this life and was thinking of earth next life. I dont mind slow i just dont want to gimp myself. Can melfs a bdb do damage at the same time?

UurlockYgmeov
06-13-2015, 12:13 AM
I played fire this life and was thinking of earth next life. I dont mind slow i just dont want to gimp myself. Can melfs a bdb do damage at the same time?

IIRC - yes black dragon bolt and melf's can work on the same target.

TMMGEM
06-13-2015, 01:23 AM
IIRC - yes black dragon bolt and melf's can work on the same target.

Nice thank you