PDA

View Full Version : Returning player ... cannot play my level 17 warforged Oo

Hostyle
06-04-2015, 08:26 PM
It's been years since I played DDO. I believe I purchased the game before it was free to play. After logging in I've discovered I cannot play my Warforged as it says "You do not have access to the Warforged race" at the login screen. What gives? If I had the warforged race when I purchased the game shouldn't I still have it?

Thanks

Arianrhod
06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
It's been years since I played DDO. I believe I purchased the game before it was free to play. After logging in I've discovered I cannot play my Warforged as it says "You do not have access to the Warforged race" at the login screen. What gives? If I had the warforged race when I purchased the game shouldn't I still have it?

Thanks

Warforged became a "premium" race when the game went free to play. So if you reactivate a paid subscription ("VIP"), you will have access to the character. Alternatively, you can buy the race in the DDO store with points (as a "former VIP" player who was subscribed before the game went free to play, you may have some points already and not need to buy any in order to get the warforged race).

Oh, and welcome back :)

Hostyle
06-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes, I do have 2900 points. I'll probably take a look and see if I can't find out what the flavor of the month is instead.

UurlockYgmeov
06-04-2015, 10:27 PM
welcome back!

Steve_Howe
06-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Yes, I do have 2900 points. I'll probably take a look and see if I can't find out what the flavor of the month is instead.
Probably a good idea.

I'd like to suggest you look at Rogue 20 Mechanic using a Heavy Repeater or Great Crossbow.

moomooprincess
06-08-2015, 06:02 PM
You do not own monk.
You do not own Menace of the Underdark.
You do not own Shadowfell.
You do not own druid.
You do not own favored soul.
You do not own Artificer.
You do not own Half Orc.
You do not own Half Elf.
You do not own many, many adventure packs. (Shan to Kor, Catacombs, Three Barrel Cove, Delera's, Tangleroot, Sorrowdusk, Necropolis, The Vale of Twilight, Gianthold, Sands of Menechtaraun, Vault of Night, etc)

moomooprincess
06-08-2015, 06:03 PM

Wait for at least a 20% off sale to buy stuff.

unbongwah
06-09-2015, 08:40 AM
It's been years since I played DDO. I believe I purchased the game before it was free to play.
http://ddowiki.com/page/Account_comparisons

As a former VIP, you are downgraded to a Premium account; this means you have 4 char slots to start (instead of F2P's 2) as well as a few other account perks. As stated, you lose access to any P2P classes or races (inc. WF) until you either unlock them or re-subscribe.

I'll probably take a look and see if I can't find out what the flavor of the month is instead.
Bards, pallies, barbs, and rogues have all been buffed in the last four Updates; they are all capable of great DPS and barbs now get free self-healing at lvl 12, which ironically makes barbs one of the most survivable / self-sufficient classes now. So if you like any of those classes, it's a great time to play one.

Conversely, this means the other melee classes - ftrs, monks, and rgrs - suffer by comparison; also Artificers have really fallen behind Mechanics when it comes to ranged DPS. So unless you're eager to play one of these classes, I recommend holding off until they get buffed in turn.

Caster builds haven't changed much in the last year or so; though Warlocks are about to be added in the next Update.

Flatline
06-15-2015, 07:37 AM
I purchased the game too When I used to play years ago and quit and just came back couple days ago to the game. I currently have a premium account but I have not had any Turbine Points? I have nearly 1750 favor on my main character on the same account and when I made a new character I didn't get any Turbine points for gaining favor.
You mentioned you had 2900 points and a couple of people have mentioned if I was a subscriber and when the game went F2p people got Turbine points but I haven't received any.
At least they could do it so I got some points if I made a new character but isn't happening.