PDA

View Full Version : Pale Master SLA change suggestions.

Certon
06-02-2015, 01:26 PM
The necrotic line is one of the least popular SLA lines I have seen. I barely see anyone use them at all.

I suggest altering them thusly:

RANK I:

Necrotic Touch (1AP) -- -5 max HP. 1d4+4 negative energy damage per 2 levels. Cooldown 12 seconds. Fully affected by heal/spell power and negative crit chance.

RANK II:

Vampiric Grasp (1AP - 3 ranks) -- Upgrades Necrotic Touch to heal you for negative energy equal to 50%/75%/100% of the damage done. Also changes the cooldown to 10/7/4

RANK III:

Necrotic Bolt (1AP) -- -10 max HP. 1d6+3 negative energy damage per 2 levels. Cooldown 15 seconds. Fully affected by heal/spell power and crit chance.

RANK IV:

Negative Energy Rift (1AP - 3 ranks) -- upgrades Necrotic Bolt to drain 1/2/3 levels on a crit. Changes the cooldown to 12/8/5.

RANK V:

Necrotic Blast (2AP - 3 ranks) -- -5/-10/-15 max HP. 1d4+2/1d6+3/1d8+4 negative energy damage per 2 levels to all an AoE area. Cooldown 18/12/6. Fully affected by heal/spell power and negative crit chance. Rank 3 heals the pale master for the same amount if they are in undead form and are within the AoE.

fmalfeas
06-03-2015, 01:15 PM
It's far, far better than the Archmage version. Costs small amounts of HP, instead of SP, and is a Fortitude Save instead of Reflex. The AM Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast are basically useless. The PM ones can at least be used to conserve SP since Death Aura is usually providing far more than enough healing over the course of its duration.

dunklezhan
06-03-2015, 01:22 PM
The AM Arcane Bolt and Arcane Blast are basically useless.

Why O Why won't they let us just put heighten on them?!

Ahem. Re necro SLAs. I have no idea, my necro wiz is a Wraith EK really, not a caster. Didn't even consider the SLAs particularly except in terms of whether I needed to put points in them to get wraith.

So... I guess the OP is probably right.

Faltout
06-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Necro SLAs from Archmage cores are good (and being used)

The PM tree abilities and archmage tree abilities (not SLAs) are almost fine. What they need is faster casting speed (even if by application of quicken), saves that scale, better scaling in damage. Other than that, they are the sustainable DPS of a Pale Master (on non-deathwarded) and that makes them good already. lesser death aura costs 14 sp (with 10% discount) so you can use echoes of magic to sustain it indefinately.

AlexIII
06-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Necro SLAs from Archmage cores are good (and being used)

The PM tree abilities and archmage tree abilities (not SLAs) are almost fine. What they need is faster casting speed (even if by application of quicken), saves that scale, better scaling in damage. Other than that, they are the sustainable DPS of a Pale Master (on non-deathwarded) and that makes them good already. lesser death aura costs 14 sp (with 10% discount) so you can use echoes of magic to sustain it indefinately.

yea but whittling away with the sla's is painfully slow at high levels. If we could max or empower, even with extra hit point cost that would solve it.