PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a list of classes that will not be nerfed?

Buffyanne
06-01-2015, 12:22 AM
With the impending nerf coming to Paladins (and likely Barbarians) I feel it would be informative to both new and old players to know what classes we can expect to be nerfed. I will have been seriously burned by DDO by investing hundreds of hours in the last 3 months on characters that are going to be ruined. It really would be nice if there were some kind of disclosure so players don't have to go thru this. I don't know how anyone could plan on running L30 content and epic vale when you don't even know what classes will be nerfed into ineffectiveness.

* Is it safe to play mechanic rogues? Or will we be scaling back xbow bonuses in less than 3 months?
* Is it safe to play shiradi arcanes? Or are Vale mobs going to get nightshield? It's a boring playstyle but if they are going to take away melee in epics have to find something.
* Will Warlock be nerfed within 3 months of its release? I find no reason to start a class that has its abilities scaled back within weeks of its release.
* Are rangers safe to start now, or if their ranged power is better than rogues after their enhancement pass will they be nerfed?

My 'main' characters when I first started DDO, a monk and a DC caster have long ago been proxy nerfed or made irrelevant.

I am really confused on what class is now safe to play at L30 as most of my efforts in the past year are wasted.

Powerhungry
06-01-2015, 12:41 AM
With the impending nerf coming to Paladins (and likely Barbarians) I feel it would be informative to both new and old players to know what classes we can expect to be nerfed. I will have been seriously burned by DDO by investing hundreds of hours in the last 3 months on characters that are going to be ruined. It really would be nice if there were some kind of disclosure so players don't have to go thru this. I don't know how anyone could plan on running L30 content and epic vale when you don't even know what classes will be nerfed into ineffectiveness.

* Is it safe to play mechanic rogues? Or will we be scaling back xbow bonuses in less than 3 months?
* Is it safe to play shiradi arcanes? Or are Vale mobs going to get nightshield? It's a boring playstyle but if they are going to take away melee in epics have to find something.
* Will Warlock be nerfed within 3 months of its release? I find no reason to start a class that has its abilities scaled back within weeks of its release.
* Are rangers safe to start now, or if their ranged power is better than rogues after their enhancement pass will they be nerfed?

My 'main' characters when I first started DDO, a monk and a DC caster have long ago been proxy nerfed or made irrelevant.

I am really confused on what class is now safe to play at L30 as most of my efforts in the past year are wasted.
Pure S/B clerics will not get nerfed since they are at the bottom of the dps list...

Buffyanne
06-01-2015, 12:41 AM
True, but the other side of the coin is the class has to be something you can play at L30 in epic vale and actually contribute.

Powerhungry
06-01-2015, 01:02 AM
True, but the other side of the coin is the class has to be something you can play at L30 in epic vale and actually contribute.

A pure S/B cleric can 'contribute' by being able to cycle through quickened true resurrection, resurrection and raise dead faster than a hireling. Other than that. a pure cleric can take divine vitality and top off the shiradi sorcs. They can also take 5 minutes to dps down red named mobs.
It's sad when my first life, poorly equipped pure, level 20 S/B fighter can out dps my well geared, multi-life completionist S/B pure level 28 cleric by at least 2:1...While the cleric is nearly indestructible, it needs to be since it can't kill anything.

TheGuyYouKnow
06-01-2015, 01:41 AM
nerfed does not mean completely destroying every aspect of that class so that they are unable to contribute to anything in the game ever again.
you want a class you can take into epic vale? fighter, paladin, barbarian, monk, bard, cleric, fvs, wizard, sorc, artificer, rogue, druid, ranger.
have fun and stop complaining so much.

UurlockYgmeov
06-01-2015, 02:24 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gvfTqlsw1Ko/T6w_PsYfTMI/AAAAAAAAGgc/PjPeqVe-k-g/s1600/zip-zero-zilch-beca-org.jpg

that is all. nothing to see here. move along.

Cordovan
06-01-2015, 11:13 AM
No need to bring yet another thread about this perceived topic to the New Player forums.