PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice - Ghallanda - Friday May 29th starting at Noon Eastern (-4 GMT)

Cordovan
05-29-2015, 10:30 AM
UPDATE: Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience.

Downtime Notice - Ghallanda - 12:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) Fri. May 29th: The world will be down for maintenance. We'll keep you updated. This is being done to do some work on the server ahead of the weekend. While we don't have a firm uptime to announce, we would expect the downtime to last a couple of hours.

snoopy
05-29-2015, 10:57 AM
More notice woulda been nice than a world broadcast with 30 min notice

HurtyouBad
05-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Downtime Notice - Ghallanda - 12:00pm Eastern (-4 GMT) Fri. May 29th: The world will be down for maintenance. We'll keep you updated. This is being done to do some work on the server ahead of the weekend. While we don't have a firm uptime to announce, we would expect the downtime to last a couple of hours.

remember we Ghallandaians were TOLD already that this was fixed...right???

Hiponic
05-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Yea.
It was Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Fixed
Fixed

lol

Raezar
05-29-2015, 11:07 AM

Open lamannia please

Cordovan
05-29-2015, 11:08 AM
remember we Ghallandaians were TOLD already that this was fixed...right???

Yes, at the time we had believed that we had identified the issue. We do not plan on making any such statement about Ghallanda's issues being resolved until probably some time - after - they are resolved, just to make sure.

LogiTinker
05-29-2015, 11:09 AM
lets see,

its 5pm on a Friday during school holidays here in the UK and ****ing down in my part of it.

isn't that called prime time?

or is this game still for Americans only?

btw 4 days back in the game and this is the second downtime, can I get my money back?

or can you move my chars, banks and guild to a server that works?

or possibly transfer my vip to LOTRO and i'll give that another go....

Hiponic
05-29-2015, 11:13 AM
WE PAY FOR A SERVICE.. By we im talking VIPs or ANYBODY who's ever bought t points..
We pay for a service and except a certain quality of service in return.

But.. Could you imagine Cordo... Just imagine your Website's hosting company being down 15 times in 21 days..
I bet turbine would be aaall over that for a refund or compensation of some kind... Even a simple

"Hey look guys we understand you been going through hell here is a token of good faith from us for sticking around"
(Place SOMETHING HERE) A heart of wood, free transfer, Something... In all reality you could hand out a bag of cookies.. People just want to see that you turbine still gives a whoot about the remaining people..

I wouldnt want to fork over free stuff ether.. There is the potential to lose money for that Quater....
But rite now as it sits there's a good chance people are not going to stick around to wait for this new data center..
Then turbine is going to have to deal with more then one quater of lost profits on ONE ITEM...

It seems so simple from a business stand point... I'd be on my knee's kissing ass of the die hards that stick around.

capnbd
05-29-2015, 11:15 AM
lets see,

its 5pm on a Friday during school holidays here in the UK and ****ing down in my part of it.

isn't that called prime time?

or is this game still for Americans only?

btw 4 days back in the game and this is the second downtime, can I get my money back?

or can you move my chars, banks and guild to a server that works?

or possibly transfer my vip to LOTRO and i'll give that another go....

I think the game is about 50/50 between Euros and Americans at this point. I imagine the reason downtime is always during Euro primetime is because if something goes wrong and maintenance is extended, they will still be likely to get the server(s) back up during normal work hours without having to force people to stay late and pay them overtime.

I can imagine how much it sucks that almost every single downtime is during Euro primetime though.

Steve_Howe
05-29-2015, 11:17 AM
We do not plan on making any such statement about Ghallanda's issues being resolved until probably some time - after - they are resolved, just to make sure.

That's a great idea!

Thanks!

Giblett
05-29-2015, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the notice!
/sarcasm

Gratch
05-29-2015, 11:36 AM
So maybe now before you put out warlocks... would be a good time to move the servers to the new farm. Maybe merge some while you're doing the move. Then you can tell the current server farm with their goatdung Ghallanda hardware that they can go Kung Fury (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg&feature=youtu.be)* themselves cuz you're moving to greener pastures with faster growing grass! and probably it's own set of weeds.

Though not even sure DDO can handle server merges at the database level... given you can't transfer a toon from a specific server and then back to it. Though maybe a database offline full merge wouldn't have that issue. Also the first (and only) DDO server merge of long ago did the renaming portion of the merge by just picking a specific server as the priority. You'll need to add code that does Most Recently Used Character keeps the unique name and any duplicates get the ~1 additive and free name change token.

*Random Kung Fury link added just cuz. Also bored waiting for server... Also for youngins to see 1980-1989 encapsulated in 30 minutes. Though definitely not for the young... or work.

Hiponic
05-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Rite now.. Cordo forget the cookies.

My self and Im sure some of the others would love to just hear someone from the staff acknowledge that a lot of us feel ripped off and chooched.
Any time its brought up it's ignored and skipped over.

I know why you do that from a business stand point.. But with a topic like this.. Thats literally gonna boil over soon, I think a producers letter or even a shout from you ... something like

"Hey guys,
We know a lot of you have been less then pleased G-Lands up time, on behalf of the turbine staff we would like to apologize. We are doing our best to fix this and are looking into ways to make it up to you guys! Cause its TURBINE and You the FANS make us what we are!"

It's cool to address tech questions and hit the fluff threads say your grats and that.. But you have a lot of people just waiting for some kind of acknowledgement.

SERVERS ARE LIVE (for 24 hrs) is not a proper way to address a on going issue like this.

It's not my business, you guy's are not my staff, Just some friendly advice.

Crystalz
05-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Are you sure it is just Ghallanda that is down? I've been trying to get onto Sarlona for at least an hour now with not luck.

Ague
05-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Are you sure it is just Ghallanda that is down? I've been trying to get onto Sarlona for at least an hour now with not luck.

Seems up here: http://ddocrafting.info/serverStatus/

And it's usually (99%) accurate.

Dmister
05-29-2015, 12:55 PM

I got into Sarlona just fine... decided to use this downtime to do my cross server favor runs (finally)

Flavilandile
05-29-2015, 01:27 PM
It's Alive !!!! It's Alive !!!!

Hiponic
05-29-2015, 01:29 PM
pretty quick fix for something thats been haunting us for a month now..
Gj!

Hope it sticks

HurtyouBad
05-29-2015, 01:31 PM
its now half past a couple...just saying :)

Cordovan
05-29-2015, 01:32 PM
Ghallanda has reopened.

Wayf_01
05-29-2015, 01:34 PM
· 05-29-2015, 05:45 PM #3
Cordovan

Community Manager
Thread: So, now they've gone and started taking down the server ubruptly themselves...

Reply to thread:
Fully and permanently resolving the recent issues we've been experiencing on Ghallanda remains one of our utmost top priorities. We appreciate the frustration you've been experiencing.

The thread title is somewhat misleading, which is why I'm closing the thread. The title seems to indicate that bringing down a world for a bit to address necessary maintenance is something new, rather than something we've been doing for almost a decade now.

Does anyone else see the irony in the statement?

Ps anyone want to take bets on how long a bit will be?

The_Human_Cypher
05-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Friday is the day that the Ghallanda server maintenance crew changes out the hamster's wood chips and refreshes its water bottle. Sometimes the hamster escapes from the server chassis and has to be chased down and put back on its wheel.

johnnyputrid
06-01-2015, 07:25 AM
And Ghallanda goes down....again.

Saitiss
06-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Gl with that Cordovan. :D

Dandonk
06-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Right...

Hiponic
06-01-2015, 07:34 AM
aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahhahaha

Deadlock
06-01-2015, 08:59 AM
You guys must have gained some really valuable data on the reasons for Ghallanda going down given the frequency that it's been happening.

Given that you've obviously taken corrective actions each time, you must have eliminated a dozen or so possibilities.

How many more options are there on your list of possible solutions? We must be getting near the end of that list by now?

Hiponic
06-01-2015, 09:01 AM
You guys must have gained some really valuable data on the reasons for Ghallanda going down given the frequency that it's been happening.

Given that you've obviously taken corrective actions each time, you must have eliminated a dozen or so possibilities.

How many more options are there on your list of possible solutions? We must be getting near the end of that list by now?

DDO Unlimited ?@DDOUnlimited 48m48 minutes ago
Ghallanda is currently unavailable. We are investigating. #DDO
6:11 AM - 1 Jun 2015 · Details

lmaooooooo

cdbd3rd
06-01-2015, 09:09 AM
And Ghallanda goes down....again.

Giggity? :p

Memnir
06-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Today's edition of Gallandra Reenactment Theater will be presented by the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man...

http://i.imgur.com/QXHlLaE.gif

He's up! He's up! He's... down. Horribly, painfully, down.
Spot on, Spidy!

Who will be the next guest on Gallandra Reenactment Theater? Stay tuned!

Hiponic
06-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Today's edition of Gallandra Reenactment Theater will be presented by the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man...

http://i.imgur.com/QXHlLaE.gif

He's up! He's up! He's... down. Horribly, painfully, down.
Spot on, Spidy!

Who will be the next guest on Gallandra Reenactment Theater? Stay tuned!

lmao LOVE IT!

phillymiket
06-01-2015, 10:44 AM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/bwian001/old_computer_zpsfzbmtajs.jpg (http://s79.photobucket.com/user/bwian001/media/old_computer_zpsfzbmtajs.jpg.html)

Draxis
06-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Fully and permanently resolving the recent issues we've been experiencing on Ghallanda remains one of our utmost top priorities. We appreciate the frustration you've been experiencing.

lol - Did Cordovan really say he appreciates our frustration? "Yeees, your tears of vexation are as a sweet candy to me. Mmmm!"

Steve_Howe
06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/bwian001/old_computer_zpsfzbmtajs.jpg (http://s79.photobucket.com/user/bwian001/media/old_computer_zpsfzbmtajs.jpg.html)

Ghallanda has a steering wheel! LMAO!!

Grynberg
06-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Ghallanda goes down AGAIN! I just don't know what to say...

Saitiss
06-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Not even a message on forums yesterday and today another crash...

I think i can say : WE WANT ANSWERS NOW !!

Alunjax123
06-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Why us?

Alunjax123
06-02-2015, 11:54 AM
if there is some malicious intent to the server going down so often, please publish the name and contact details of the clown who is doing this. I'm sure that there are enough players out there who earn lots of cash and can afford to fly/drive/bus to their house and explain in rational, reasonable tones, why we are unhappy with the perpetrator. we will be able to ask them to play by the rules and allow us all the game play we so richly deserve.

failing that, the supplier of this service should unleash their scary, highly paid legal staff and metaphorically crucify one of these jokers as an example