PDA

View Full Version : Question about AS / plat

Jsbeer
05-27-2015, 05:27 AM
I just won my first some AS out of a very lucky daily dice roll, and can now sell(/buy) items on the ASAH.

I was wondering if there was a rough AS/plat conversion rate to bear in mind (on Ghallanda if that matters)?

Faltout
05-27-2015, 06:31 AM
I just won my first some AS out of a very lucky daily dice roll, and can now sell(/buy) items on the ASAH.

I was wondering if there was a rough AS/plat conversion rate to bear in mind (on Ghallanda if that matters)?
If you are a free player (forum join date of 2011 suggests otherwise, but a premium player would have already purchased some astral shards) then you cannot sell or buy items from the ASAH. Free players can only browse it.

For the plat vs. shard rate, I'd say that 1 shard ranges from 1 to 10k plat. But, since plat is free and shards are not, items with high plat prices may get lower prices in shards. And basically, noone usually buys from the ASAH the things they can buy with plat in AH. So, the 2 Auction Houses usually have different items for sale.
As for a direct AS to plat conversion, I don't think there's any direct way to exchange shards.

UurlockYgmeov
05-27-2015, 11:49 AM
^^^ is mostly correct. suggest just daily looking at what is being offered on the black market (ASAH) and for how much. get a feel for it.

Jsbeer
05-27-2015, 12:16 PM
^^^ is mostly correct. suggest just daily looking at what is being offered on the black market (ASAH) and for how much. get a feel for it.

I did try this, but the issue is because the ASAH fee is refundable and markets are 'thin' it is very hard to tell what is realistically priced and what is storage/hoping for a sucker with respect to items posted there. So I was hoping to benefit from the far greater experience of people here.

UurlockYgmeov
05-27-2015, 12:25 PM
I did try this, but the issue is because the ASAH fee is refundable and markets are 'thin' it is very hard to tell what is realistically priced and what is storage/hoping for a sucker with respect to items posted there. So I was hoping to benefit from the far greater experience of people here.

Uurlock once wrote a comprehensive guide to selling/buying/profiting on the AH guide... but it is so outdated that time has forgotten it. (It is still available through our guild private facebook page though).

Anything priced over 300 AS is probably storage. Although many now store things at a buyout of 1500 or even 15000 cause items went missing with that low of a buyout.

Only the most rare of rare really sell for more than say 10 AS (or about 60 turbine points). Rare items sell for 300-1000 AS each (depending upon the buyer). That is the good news - the bad news is that it often takes weeks (or months) for something like that to sell.

SirValentine
05-28-2015, 03:40 PM
And basically, noone usually buys from the ASAH the things they can buy with plat in AH. So, the 2 Auction Houses usually have different items for sale.

Yes.

As for a direct AS to plat conversion, I don't think there's any direct way to exchange shards.

Easy to exchange down from Astral Shards to plat: buy a good item off the Shard Exchange, and post it for 2 million plat on the plat Auction House.

The other direction is much, much harder to pull off.

cdbd3rd
05-28-2015, 03:49 PM
... suggest just daily looking at what is being offered on the black market (ASAH) and for how much. get a feel for it.

Adding more complexity - beyond the differences in items, prices will vary greatly depending on your server.

OP, if you have a specific item in mind, then that could be discussed with some degree of accuracy. But just a generic AS/Plat value comparison is gonna be very tough to nail down.

edit: And grats on the AS win. It's a rare hit. ;)