PDA

View Full Version : dont roll a character on Ghallanda

Godfeast
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Says it all an its the best advice I can give besides letting you know you should go look elsewhere for a better game to play.

Cathimon
05-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Good advice. Add Orien and Wayfinder to the 'Don't go there list'.

Bluegirl_Two
05-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Says it all an its the best advice I can give besides letting you know you should go look elsewhere for a better game to play.

Good advice. Add Orien and Wayfinder to the 'Don't go there list'.

I highly recommend that players find a better game to play. And, I think they would if there were one.

As to Ghallanda, Orien, Wayfinder, etc. -- Really it is a matter of what players are looking for. Wayfinder is nice and quiet, generally lag reduced, and a great place to play if you really enjoy the challenge of soloing quests. Ghallanda is a great server with a really accommodating population that, unfortunately, has severe hardware issues -- still, it was where I started and it still is a great group of people. Orien is where I game, yes it has a small population but it is not at all unfriendly. Some of the best players to have played DDO called Orien home at one time. It is still a fun place to game.

The best advice I can give is to try the various servers and to pick the one that suits you. Don't let others make the decisions for you. :)

moomooprincess
05-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Here is my best advice on server populations.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457233-New-player-looking-for-advice-on-server-choice?p=5563918&viewfull=1#post5563918

Wayfinder is great if you don't mind soloing and you want a lag free experience. Good way to learn the game. Play on Wayfinder, who cares if your character is not built optimally. The idea is to learn and have fun.
Ghallanda has some of the top players in the game and there are actually people there that will help you learn. I started on Ghallanda in 2007 and if you will notice, quite a few of the old timers on the forums are from Ghallanda.

Orien I have only dabbled on.