PDA

View Full Version : Diviner Wizard / Clairsentient Psion / Seer.

FranOhmsford
05-18-2015, 10:01 PM
I've moved this reply to it's own thread to avoid further contaminating the Warlock thread:

I'm not sure how well Seer could be translated to the game, as it was always subject to DM fiat.

Like the Clairsentient Psion or a Divination tree for Wizards I'd have the enhancements based on knowing in advance what your enemy's going to do so: lots of Dodge Chance type bonuses and High AC along with a small number of chances per day to guarantee a no save for spells with reflex saves or guarantee a crit for melee attacks.

A Diviner wouldn't have many spell dmg boosts but would get a high spell crit chance
A Clairsentient wouldn't have doublestrike bonuses but would get a 3 second clickie {3 seconds to avoid the DDO Clickie always misses attack situation} for say 6 guaranteed crits per rest.
A Seer would have little to no DPS but would have a number of Buff Spells and very high Dodge Chance, Maybe some Fort bonuses too to simulate never getting crit!

If the Devs only introduced one of these archetypes - Possibly the Clairsentient if we ever get Psionicist then I'd say that even with all these bonuses put together {so long as they were high in the tree} it wouldn't be OP.

UurlockYgmeov
05-18-2015, 10:22 PM
I like this, not that it will ever happen - and I will not support shifting dev resources to make it happen - just because Fred needs someone to talk to.

FranOhmsford
05-18-2015, 10:31 PM
just because Fred needs someone to talk to.

Hey...That gives me another idea!

Make Fred the TRAINER!