PDA

View Full Version : Joke Weapon #10: Giant Paper Fan

ForgettableNPC
05-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm back, whether you wanted me to or not!

Full list of Joke Weapons so far found here: ForgettableNPC's List of Joke Weapons (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/441029-ForgettableNPC-s-List-of-Joke-Weapons)

Name: Giant Paper Fan

Weapon Type: Greatclub
Damage: (0) 1 - 1 Bludgeon

Critical Roll: (0 - 0) 20 / x2

Attack Mod: INT+
Damage Mod: WIS+

Durability: 100
Material: Paper
Hardness: 1

Enchantments:

-1: This weapon is less well-made than normal, giving a -1 Penalty to Attack and Damage Rolls.

Ha-Ri-SEN!: Dazes enemies for 1 second on Hit.

Comedy Prop: This weapon will always deal 0 damage whatsoever.

Loud Noises: This weapon will make a loud, boisterous "Slap!" noise every time it hits, as well as emanating a visual Cloudburst effect on each successful hit.

Description: An ancient, seldom-used, paper-based weapon once wielded by a special, secluded sect of Sarlona Monks. While it wasn't a valid weapon suitable for the art of combat, it was quite handy when used by the elder masters to slap the silliness out of the young initiates.

It was also popularly used in their Friday night stand-up comedy routines.

Jastarn
05-12-2015, 10:36 AM
yes please

:D

TeacherSyn
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Maybe a simple fan is not so useless (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessenjutsu), Grasshopper. ;)

And let us not forget Disney's Mulan.

ForgettableNPC
05-12-2015, 10:47 AM
Maybe a simple fan is not so useless (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessenjutsu), Grasshopper. ;)

And let us not forget Disney's Mulan.

A) I never said they were useless, just not suited for martial combat.
B) Iron is definitely much tougher than paper
C) I kinda already forgot Mulan, I haven't watched it in like, what, a decade?

...And now you got "I'll Make a Man Out of You" stuck in my head. Curse you, Syn!

Saekee
05-12-2015, 11:18 AM
requires Feat: Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Giant Paper Fan (bards get this feat for free in the third core of Swash, of course).

For a monk to use this without becoming uncentered, he or she must first take IC: Slashing (even though it is a bludgeoning weapon) and then the new Cookien-Do Feat. The Giant Paper Fan DOES benefit from Dex-to-damage and Sting of the Ninja, although this is a coding error.

Henshin using Lighting the Candle destroy the Giant Paper Fan on the first swing due to fire. Note that this happens with artificer imbues as well as EK weapon imbues.

Works with Single Weapon fighting, not TWF fighting nor THF. Benefits from IC: Bludgeoning.

Subtracts 5 melee power when equipped, but does increase aggro by 200%.

When wielded, also has an untyped deception effect and increases bluff chances by 3.

TeacherSyn
05-12-2015, 12:51 PM
requires Feat: Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Giant Paper Fan (bards get this feat for free in the third core of Swash, of course).

For a monk to use this without becoming uncentered, he or she must first take IC: Slashing (even though it is a bludgeoning weapon) and then the new Cookien-Do Feat. The Giant Paper Fan DOES benefit from Dex-to-damage and Sting of the Ninja, although this is a coding error.

Henshin using Lighting the Candle destroy the Giant Paper Fan on the first swing due to fire. Note that this happens with artificer imbues as well as EK weapon imbues.

Works with Single Weapon fighting, not TWF fighting nor THF. Benefits from IC: Bludgeoning.

Subtracts 5 melee power when equipped, but does increase aggro by 200%.

When wielded, also has an untyped deception effect and increases bluff chances by 3.

And you get to BE A MAN when using it, even if a woman!

heh-heh #earworm