PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Remnants to upgrade items to Mythic versions

HuneyMunster
05-12-2015, 05:47 AM
As of now there is very little use for mysterious remnants outside of the limited time rewards. It would be nice to be able to upgrade epic versions of items that already have a mythic version using mysterious remnants. This would of course have to be expensive in term of number of remnants required.

This could also eventually be added to allow the option to upgrade old seal/shard/scroll items to a mythic version to create more choice of items that people can use without the need to create an item from scratch.

legendkilleroll
05-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Not saying its bad idea but I don't want mythic items obtainable this way, really think people need that incentive to run EE and that is mythic items.

UurlockYgmeov
05-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Not saying its bad idea but I don't want mythic items obtainable this way, really think people need that incentive to run EE and that is mythic items.

agree - and this would also hijack the remnants as well.... there will be more uses for them - and they are a long term system.

JOTMON
05-12-2015, 02:50 PM
As of now there is very little use for mysterious remnants outside of the limited time rewards. It would be nice to be able to upgrade epic versions of items that already have a mythic version using mysterious remnants. This would of course have to be expensive in term of number of remnants required.

This could also eventually be added to allow the option to upgrade old seal/shard/scroll items to a mythic version to create more choice of items that people can use without the need to create an item from scratch.

shard/seal/scroll should rely on the old tokens of the 12. and those old unused fragments...
http://ddowiki.com/page/Token_of_the_Twelve

Mysterious Remnants should be for stuff from 2015+

or give me an option to convert my Tokens of the twelve, heroic Commendations, Commendations of valor and all the other scraps we have collected over the years into Mysterious Remnants..

Would be nice..
but there is apparently some resistance to giving better rewards for challenging ourselves to more difficult content... go figure ....

JamesNiels
05-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Hey, much wow actually this has potential. Im not saying it should be remnants but i do like the idea that u could make items mythic with an immense grind.... this would reduce the luck factor some ppl ransack vol for months and dont get a helm and some ppl get it without really needing/wanting it, lets say they loot it for a dusty alt toon (such as myself)

But yeah grinding ftw?

oradafu
05-12-2015, 11:06 PM
agree - and this would also hijack the remnants as well....

Yup. It shouldn't involve Remnants. It should involve Comms of Valor, since upgrading non-raid items along with Epic/Iconic Hearts was the reason they were added to the game. (Comms of Heroism was for upgrading raid items, BTW.) The Devs need to go back and use the systems in the game that already exist, for uses that already exist, instead of adding new ones.

there will be more uses for them - and they are a long term system.

Hahaha. Funny. Long term system! Like the Comms of Heroism and Comms of Valor were released as permanent long term systems. Heck, Comms of Valor were going to destroy one of the few long term systems that players still used: Epic Tokens.

I got to catch my breath now cuz my stomache hurts. I love good jokes.

Long term system! Ha!

General_Gronker
05-14-2015, 08:04 AM
No. It's not just a terrible idea, it's very contrary to what should be done with remnants. Remnants should be removed from the game because we don't need more stupid currencies or collectibles. But no, someone on the dev team has a weird fetish for this kind of thing. And they should keep it in their at home tabletop games (ha! Like they actually play &D&!)

blerkington
05-14-2015, 08:18 AM
No. It's not just a terrible idea, it's very contrary to what should be done with remnants. Remnants should be removed from the game because we don't need more stupid currencies or collectibles. But no, someone on the dev team has a weird fetish for this kind of thing. And they should keep it in their at home tabletop games (ha! Like they actually play &D&!)

Hi,

I think it's part fetish, part desire to invent new stuff as pointable achievements rather than building on the old, and part legitimate concern that old currencies have been made pointless by duping.

I also wish they would stop, or at least allow conversions. My brain is too small to keep up; every time they add a new one and I have to remember what it's good for, I'm in danger of having old facts pushed out.

Thanks.

oradafu
05-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Hi,

I think it's part fetish, part desire to invent new stuff as pointable achievements rather than building on the old, and part legitimate concern that old currencies have been made pointless by duping.

I also wish they would stop, or at least allow conversions. My brain is too small to keep up; every time they add a new one and I have to remember what it's good for, I'm in danger of having old facts pushed out.

Thanks.

And I gave the Devs the easy way to prevent currency duping when the Comms of Valor were announced as the "final" currency in the game. The currency should not go into inventory at all, but have it's own non-interactive inventory space, like Plat and Astral Shards. Problem solved.

blerkington
05-15-2015, 03:00 AM
And I gave the Devs the easy way to prevent currency duping when the Comms of Valor were announced as the "final" currency in the game. The currency should not go into inventory at all, but have it's own non-interactive inventory space, like Plat and Astral Shards. Problem solved.

Hi,

That seems like a good solution, assuming it handles BTA currency and enough space is provided on the character sheet to see what all the currencies are.

Thanks.