PDA

View Full Version : Humanoid Bane?

Zarebrant
05-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Which enemies are considered Humanoid?

According to the monster manual Bugbears and such and giants. But are monstrous humanoids and player races also humanoid (for the purpose of weapons of humanoid bane)?

Thx to all answers

moomooprincess
05-12-2015, 09:26 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and say any of the two legged humanoid types fit the bill.

I have confirmed all of these. I used a +3 Scimitar of Humanoid Band with Festival Icy Burst on it, so it is a level 4 weapon.

Orcs? Yes.
Bugbears? Yes.
Trolls? Yes.
Elves? Yes.
Humans? yes.
Giants? Yes.
Ogres? Yes.
Sahaugin? Yes.

Minotaurs? I don't know, but I think so. I ran Gwylans and I was trying to determine, I think so, but I am not certain.

nibel
05-13-2015, 03:28 AM
Humanoid Bane deal damage to all humanoid type monsters (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Orc, Goblinoid, Gnoll), all Giant-type monsters (Ogres, Trolls, Giants), and all Monstrous Humanoid type monsters (Minotaur, Sahuagin, Gargoyle, Medusa, etc).

I'm not sure if they hit kobolds and troglodytes, since they are humanoid type in SRD, with Reptilian being a sub-type (just like goblinoids), but I have not tested humanoid bane on them yet.

Zarebrant
05-15-2015, 04:27 AM
Thx a lot to both of you! that's good and useful info.

moomooprincess
05-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Humanoid Bane deal damage to all humanoid type monsters (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Orc, Goblinoid, Gnoll), all Giant-type monsters (Ogres, Trolls, Giants), and all Monstrous Humanoid type monsters (Minotaur, Sahuagin, Gargoyle, Medusa, etc).

I'm not sure if they hit kobolds and troglodytes, since they are humanoid type in SRD, with Reptilian being a sub-type (just like goblinoids), but I have not tested humanoid bane on them yet.

Thx a lot to both of you! that's good and useful info.

I can confirm Kobolds and troglodytes.

Kompera_Oberon
05-18-2015, 02:01 AM
The wiki is a bit scattered on the subject...

This (http://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_types) shows the monster types.

And if you search on "Humanoid" you only find it in a few places.

Unless the item says otherwise, I'd expect that Humanoid Bane applied to all player races, plus giant races.