PDA

View Full Version : Human versatility: Damage boost

Zarebrant
05-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Three questions about the Human Versatility: Damage Boost.

1. It gives +20% weapon damage. In what way is this different than the Action Boost: Melee Power from class enhancement trees?
Several abilities scale 200% with melee power, does weapon damage have the same effect? or does it only boost the weapons (base?) damage?

2. To how much bonus in melee power does 20% wepon damage roughly translate? (if it can be directly compared - see question 1).

3. And generaly: is the human boost worth taking for melee characters? it's only 1 point and can be used the same time with other boosts from class enhancement, but it doesn't seem to do much...

Thx to all answers

Keybreaker
05-10-2015, 08:10 AM
The greatest value of Human Versa: Damage Boost (HV: DB) is that you can use it <u>at the same time</u> as a class boost. It's stacking benefit is most apparent with "double boosting" with HV: DB and class Haste Boost or Doublestrike Boost. I'm not sure if HV: DB stacks with class Melee Power or Damage Boost since I'm too lazy to test it myself.

For all intents and purposes, Bladeforged: Power of the Forge works this way too as it is a racial boost.

Kriogen
05-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Isn't it more like +20% physical damage (as in weapon yes, but not magical part)?

As Keybreaker said. It stacks. It has separate cooldown timer, so can be use with all other boosters. With "stacking" you get uberness :p

Worth it? Totally.

axel15810
05-12-2015, 03:49 PM
For any melee it's a stupidly good enhancement for only 1 action point and no pre-reqs. It's amazing, absolutely take it. In fact it's so good because of how it stacks and multiplies the effectiveness of other boosts that it puts most all tier 5 enhancements in other racial trees to shame.

Blitz + haste boost + human damage boost = WIN

This boost is why I can't stand not being a human on my melees.

Livmo
05-12-2015, 03:59 PM
For any melee it's a stupidly good enhancement for only 1 action point and no pre-reqs. It's amazing, absolutely take it. In fact it's so good because of how it stacks and multiplies the effectiveness of other boosts that it puts most all tier 5 enhancements in other racial trees to shame.

Blitz + haste boost + human damage boost = WIN

This boost is why I can't stand not being a human on my melees.

As an arty I like to go human for the extra boost.

Human Action Boost to Hit + arty action boost to damage + stormrage + adreneline + endless fuselodge

There are other good stackmos as well.