PDA

View Full Version : I got in! Victory! Assistance Please-

Trilian
05-09-2015, 01:33 PM
The 201 error was by using the 3 gig graphics option, had to delete from registry to get the choice to install without it.

So - I am on Sardona? And I am at the quest with the Rogue - but I remember reading that, the game had updated, out of starting characters on the quest with the rogue.

Am I in a dead pool, for being on free account? Does anyone have a specific server right now, I could jump in and get some community interaction?

Thalone
05-09-2015, 01:41 PM
If you're doing The Grotto, it's a roped-off starter area. It may be quite difficult for you to find a group, as it's segregated from the "veteran" population (you're on "snowy side" Korthos; most will be on "sunny side").

I believe you can start a new character and talk to Jeets to "skip" the starter area. Whether you will be able to find people to group with you at low levels is a different debate.

Arianrhod
05-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Glad to hear you got it working :)

Not sure if it will let you skip the Grotto, but even if it doesn't, it's one quick quest with some pointers for how the game interface works (swim, jump, search, etc.). I think once you're through it you can skip the rest of "Snowy Side" by running down to the dock and talking to the farshifter/travel NPC there, saying you want to skip Korthos and go on to Stormreach. If you do that, you can come right back and do Korthos on "Sunny Side" if you want, with hopefully a larger pool of players available to group with.

Good luck, and enjoy

Nonesuch2008
05-09-2015, 09:34 PM
If you have the Monster Manual with the sahaugin in it, there are a couple in the Grotto that appear nowhere else in the game. It's worth the 5 minute investment to collect those, if the MM is a part of your gaming style.

moomooprincess
05-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Once you do that quest, you can go right to the DOCK and talk to the girl that will take you to the Harbor. You do NOT have to run Korthos if you do not want to.

Korthos is easy. Good way to learn the basics. HIRE the barbarian hireling and let him wipe stuff out.

I have characters on Sarlona, if you want I can come in a buy you some junk, teach you some of what I know, yada yada yada. I can offer to do it Monday, May 11, somewhere in the evening. Which is tomorrow night, I live in the USA. Sarlona is not one of my main servers so I don't have a lot of cool, rare stuff to give you. But I do have plat enough to spend on you.

Sarlona is a good server to be on. Good population.

Kriogen
05-12-2015, 02:26 AM
I think you have to do "snowy side" of Khortos atleast once (per account or server) before you can skip it. But it's been a long time since I did it, so things could change.