PDA

View Full Version : New again sorta.

Rohuan
05-06-2015, 06:32 AM
Hi all , I'm a returning player from way back, I dont even remember when.. Anyway, I was really impressed with the game again, so I opted for Vip and bought the 15th lvl watforge paladin. Ha ha my questing is what do i do now . I've been basicaly running around in low lvl dungeons trying to earn some pp. Not really settled on a server yet. So yea any help would be great.

Kriogen
05-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Attack on Stormreach chain for Coin Lords faction favor. Gives you extra free inventory slot. Link (http://ddowiki.com/page/Attack_on_Stormreach)

Then Gianthold. Link (http://ddowiki.com/page/Gianthold)

Harbinger of Madness can be "interesting". Link (http://ddowiki.com/page/Harbinger_of_Madness)

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 07:00 AM
If you happen to be on Ghallanda or Cannith I can easily afford to send you some plat, gear, etc.

If you are on Argonesson, Sarlona, Khyber, and Thelanis, I can sort of help start you out.

If you are on Wayfinder or Orien I got nothing.

Sunnie
05-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Press o
Join a group in your level range
????
Profit!

Repeat from step 1 as necessary. While you're at it, look around for friendly people and see if you can get into the same guild as them, that way you know it's not ALL arseholes.

Rohuan
05-06-2015, 07:06 AM
If you happen to be on Ghallanda or Cannith I can easily afford to send you some plat, gear, etc.

If you are on Argonesson, Sarlona, Khyber, and Thelanis, I can sort of help start you out.

If you are on Wayfinder or Orien I got nothing.

thanks for the help.. like I was saying I dont really have a server the only thing I have close to a toon on a server is a lvl 6 rngr on Sarlona. :)

Rohuan
05-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the input all , I really appreciate it.

Kinda looking for a server with decent population that doesnt really mind a newbie like me

Rohuan
05-06-2015, 07:59 AM

Kinda looking for a server with decent population that doesnt really mind a newbie like me

So what is the most populated server I heard it was Khber, but of course I dont know .. I'm on mountain time ..

Rohuan
05-06-2015, 09:12 AM
So what is the most populated server I heard it was Khber, but of course I dont know .. I'm on mountain time ..

hello? anyone have any help on this ?

cru121
05-06-2015, 09:23 AM
population is roughly similar on all servers except wayfinder, which has around 1/4 of the rest

Sunnie
05-06-2015, 09:32 AM

Given recent events, I would advise against Ghallanda. Sarlona has had a big influx of newbies, so you won't stand out at all there.

Drakestor
05-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Welcome back!

If you end up deciding on Sarlona, our group of people don't mind helping with questions, etc. We are a small group of long-time players, but we use Teamspeak 'cause typing doesn't work well for us. Be forewarned though, we hang out in our "Potty Mouth" room, so it gets a tad salty. Send Buuick and in game mail, or /tell when I'm on, you are welcome to jump on there and see if we can't answer some of your questions.

Turtley mentors a help channel on Sarlona as well, and the people on that channel get all kinds of excited whenever someone gets on there and asks. I don't have the info for it, but do a forum search and it should come up.

Our group is East Coast, and Central times, and we tend to be on in the 7-9 EST frames.

Don't give up, though, this is by far one of the best communities in MMO's out there.

Happy Hunting!

~Drake

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 09:58 AM
My standard server reply

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457233-New-player-looking-for-advice-on-server-choice?p=5563918&viewfull=1#post5563918

Robai
05-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Come to Orien and
/joinchannel Titan
(very active channel, many players will answer your questions if you have any)

Also you are welcome to join our guild "Unknown Heroes" (lvl 160, green color is the best!) and you won't regret it!

UurlockYgmeov
05-06-2015, 12:37 PM
welcome back!

ddowiki.com

and

https://www.ddo.com/en/game/release-notes

are your friends!

Vale and Orchard and Devil's Battlefield for 15-20 -- and then there is Missing Chain - Delirium chain - and IQ1 and IQ2.

Have fun storming the castle!

Augon
05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Welcome back to the game.

I actually would advise you to not go with the iconic right off the bat and roll up a lvl 1 for Korthos Island (the starter area) that will help you learn a lot about the game and collect appropriate amounts of plat and items.

If you do find yourself on Sarlona - welcome to the best server in the game :) of course I might be a bit partial. And type "/joinchannel help" (without quotes) in the chat box to give you access to an excellent chat channel that is designed to be a help for new and old players alike. In that chat channel you can ask anything, even for help in a particular quest. Lots of great people are in there most of the time.

Feel free to look me up as well on Sarlona, although Ill be on the help channel most of the time as well. My characters are all listed in my sig.

Have fun!