PDA

View Full Version : Now for my next question

grimmer1972
05-06-2015, 06:20 AM
Thankyou all for your help on the overly dark dungeons. I am now smashing my way through them.

However I am now a level 7 wizard and I am looking for level 4 spell components. I have hen hearts and granite dust from the DDO shop (/sigh), but for other spells, nada.

I would like to be able to scribe all the scrolls I bought in the House of Wizardry of House Jocasto (sp?) a little plug for those who are looking for such things. I found the shoppe through the DDOWiki, but it doesn't seem to list component vendors.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

Grim

TheGuyYouKnow
05-06-2015, 06:31 AM
wizard components you can get from the house k guild vendors if you are in i think a level 10+ guild slightly cheaper than the normal price
house j "house of wizardry"
house p "erstwhile emporium"
portable hole accessible though the teleport spell

grimmer1972
05-06-2015, 06:33 AM
My most heartfelt gratitude.

Now the four hour wait to implement my most heinous scheme.

Cheers

Grim

Jingwei
05-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Since it seems like something you might not know yet, certain scrolls are 'rare' in the they aren't sold in any of the shops. So you either have to take the spell when you level up or find one of them.

The list for arcane scrolls is here (http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Rare_Arcane_Scroll_List).

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 07:04 AM
House K store down by the bridge and Caverns of korromar quest.

House P, the vendor store right by the wagon that takes you to the desert. This is the one I always go to.

House J, the store vendor right by the Teleporter.

Once you have teleport, you can go to the PORTABLE HOLE, and that has all the wizard/sorceror stuff.

grimmer1972
05-06-2015, 07:05 AM
Much obliged :)

Cheers

Grim

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Much obliged :)

Cheers

Grim

BTW, no matter what level your wizard is, inscribing scrolls is a NO FAIL.

A level 1 wizard can 100% inscribe a level 9 spell into their spell book.

I am almost 100% positive that level 8 and level 9 spell scrolls can only be found in the game or at the auction house(for sale by others that have found them in a quest)

grimmer1972
05-06-2015, 07:22 AM
How strange, the scribing thing that is.

DDOWiki says the same thing about the high level spells being rare, so I will save up the old platinum.

Cheers

Grim

LuKaSu
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
How strange, the scribing thing that is.

DDOWiki says the same thing about the high level spells being rare, so I will save up the old platinum.

Cheers

Grim

One thing someone else alluded to, but didn't say straight up is that at each level, as a wizard, you get to pick a spell or two for free. If you go to those places that they mentioned, you can gather scrolls of all of the easily-buyable spells. At that point, you can scribe all the scrolls (also, as they mentioned, you scribe them BEFORE you can use them, like at level 8, find and scribe all of the Level 5 spells - because you get level 5 spells at wizard level 9). One you've scribed all the buyable spells, only the non-buyable spells will be listed as the spell you can take when you level up.

If you do that, you won't need to save up for those rare scrolls, since you'll get those spells as your level up spells.