PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Wednesday, May 6th

Cordovan
05-05-2015, 03:19 PM
UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, May 6th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Cordovan
05-05-2015, 03:19 PM
This patch will add XP in the Temple of Elemental Evil and shift in some new items to Daily Dice. Additionally, we'll be using part of the downtime for server maintenance.

raclaw
05-05-2015, 04:01 PM
when you change temple docents to it can be used from 26 lvl?

dontmater
05-05-2015, 05:22 PM
This patch will add XP in the Temple of Elemental Evil and shift in some new items to Daily Dice. Additionally, we'll be using part of the downtime for server maintenance.

thank you for the added information

janave
05-05-2015, 11:39 PM

This is much appreciated.

Alistina
05-06-2015, 12:21 AM

Any chance you could share what the new items in daily dice are please?

cdbd3rd
05-06-2015, 06:00 AM
Any chance you could share what the new items in daily dice are please?

That'll take all the fun out of it.

Someone will probably make a thread for reporting what new hits we get on our rolls.

However, I would ask if the new items are just Gold rolls, or both Gold & Silver?

(...and glad I checked Dev Tracker. Was about to go try and log in. :rolleyes: )

MadCookieQueen
05-06-2015, 06:39 AM
(...and glad I checked Dev Tracker. Was about to go try and log in. :rolleyes: )

You're doing better than I am...I tried to log in first and then I decided to check the dev tracker.

need more coffee before DDO

Maxxcore
05-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Got me beat, I tried to log in twice, then still didn't check dev tracker, just surfed forums instead.

Cordovan
05-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Release Notes. (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-patch-3-release-notes)

Faltout
05-06-2015, 07:31 AM
Guessing all those rewards (+2 -> +3 tomes of fate? nice) are for the gold daily dice right?

Tom116
05-06-2015, 07:53 AM
Guessing all those rewards (+2 -> +3 tomes of fate? nice) are for the gold daily dice right?

I'm going to say in the higher tiers of the free one, the golden dice are weekly and they said daily dice. Might just be wording though

Draxis
05-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Altars and the Fountain of Wonder in Temple of Elemental Evil Part 2 now drop the Parisol Mushroom instead of the Gilled Mushroom.

Aww, the opening area of pt. 2 was the absolute best place to farm up rusty gills. I need more yellow parisols like I need a hole in the head.

Can you at least increase the number of gilled mushrooms that drop in pt. 1? I was getting 2-5 in pt. 2 altars on EH but only seem to get 1-3 from any chest in pt. 1 EH.

Faltout
05-06-2015, 08:04 AM
I'm going to say in the higher tiers of the free one, the golden dice are weekly and they said daily dice. Might just be wording though
Gold and silver rolls are both called "daily dice".

Impaqt
05-06-2015, 08:08 AM

golden dice rolls are not "weekly", you can roll them whenever you want. you may have a weekly free roll. both gold and silver fall under the "daily dice" DDO system

Kompera_Oberon
05-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Daily Dice

New items have been added to the Daily Dice reward table, including:
+6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes
+1 Tomes of Fate
+1 to +2 Upgrade Tomes of Fate
+2 to +3 Upgrade Tomes of Fate
New Creature Companions

Say, how about having all these cool things actually drop in game? You know, as a result of player effort? Sure, there's going to be luck involved, but better a rare chance to see one of these in a chest after a memorable fight, as opposed to "Huh, I got a lucky daily roll. While standing on my Guild Airship, right after logging on and seeing the Daily Dice icon on my screen. How completely non-memorable."

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 08:17 AM

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

All of my Daily Dice statistics have just become obsolete. El bummer. I must have cracked the code, and the DEVs are sending one across my bow to let me know they are still there and are more than willing to mess with me.

Draxis
05-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Say, how about having all these cool things actually drop in game? You know, as a result of player effort? Sure, there's going to be luck involved, but better a rare chance to see one of these in a chest after a memorable fight, and not "Huh, I got a lucky daily roll. While standing on my Guild Airship, right after logging on and seeing the Daily Dice icon on my screen. How completely non-memorable."

They do. Well at least the +7 tomes and +1 tomes of fate, anyhow. Not sure about the other tomes of fate. And companions and the potions probably only drop from Devil Assault if at all. But let's be honest, you were only really talking about the tomes.

General_Gronker
05-06-2015, 08:25 AM
How completely non-memorable."

That implies that getting it a different way is memorable. It is not. Oh, look, I got something useful after my 79th fight with (x). Yeah, that's not memorable either. The game's not about that. You want memorable, you play pnp.

jimcricket
05-06-2015, 08:34 AM
These need to be silver or if gold backed up by decent in game drop rates, otherwise it's just more pay to win

Kompera_Oberon
05-06-2015, 08:35 AM
They do. Well at least the +7 tomes and +1 tomes of fate, anyhow. Not sure about the other tomes of fate. And companions and the potions probably only drop from Devil Assault if at all. But let's be honest, you were only really talking about the tomes.Look at the list I quoted: Tomes and companions. That is a fairly good clue as to what I was talking about.

That implies that getting it a different way is memorable. It is not.For you, what is memorable is defined by you. For me, what is memorable is defined by me. Don't presume to contradict me on this.

I'm not sure why some people seem to think that they can read minds. They cannot. And the internet in general might be a bit less confrontational if they'd actually realize that people other than them might actually think differently than they do. Or perhaps the entire issue is that some people simply don't think much at all, and only assume that the whole of humanity is just like them.

johnnyputrid
05-06-2015, 08:42 AM
How about increasing the drop rates on the named items before the servers come back up? The drop rates are absolutely horrible - I've ransacked the pyramid and end chest of ToEE on heroic elite 9 times now, including multiple chest rerolls, and all I see is the mushroom cap over and over and over again. I'm beginning to believe the quarterstaff does not even exist except in a screenshot.

minorpenthes
05-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Look at the list I quoted: Tomes and companions. That is a fairly good clue as to what I was talking about.

For you, what is memorable is defined by you. For me, what is memorable is defined by me. Don't presume to contradict me on this.

I'm not sure why some people seem to think that they can read minds. They cannot. And the internet in general might be a bit less confrontational if they'd actually realize that people other than them might actually think differently than they do. Or perhaps the entire issue is that some people simply don't think much at all, and only assume that the whole of humanity is just like them.

Well, if you've only been playing since December, 2014, then it seems unlikely you have done 79 runs of ANY quest, yet ;)

Steelstar
05-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I've ransacked the pyramid and end chest of ToEE on heroic elite 9 times now, including multiple chest rerolls, and all I see is the mushroom cap over and over and over again. I'm beginning to believe the quarterstaff does not even exist except in a screenshot.

While the Quarterstaff can drop in those chests, they have lower odds than other chests in the Temple. Re-posting for further visibility:

There's a lot of different loot that drops in a lot of different places in TOEE. The distribution is a bit different than a lot of other dungeons in DDO.

For the upgradeable Elemental Weapons, those are found in each dungeon's End Chest, in Random Encounter chests, and the Arc Reward List (when you complete both dungeons). If you've been playing TOEE, you've probably seen a lot of these so far. The drop rate for each kind of weapon is roughly equal. If you're looking for one of a particular element, you may want to search Random Encounters in the particular Node for that element.

For the upgradeable Elemental Armors, you'll want to search Random Encounters in the Elemental Nodes of Part 2.

For the Mythic Named Weapons, they can be found in Random Encounters within the Temple (but not inside the Nodes, I believe) as well as the end chests for either part - However, your odds are much higher on Random Encounter chests than the end chests.

The Mushroom Cap is the only item unique to the End Chest of Part 2.

(Additionally, +6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes can only be found in the End Chests for either Part 1 or Part 2).

With this patch, we've raised the rate at which Rare Encounters (i.e. those with chests) show up in the Temple. You should be seeing chests more often, and thus have more chances at pulling that loot from the chests where they're most likely to drop.

MangLord
05-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Well, if you've only been playing since December, 2014, then it seems unlikely you have done 79 runs of ANY quest, yet ;)

That's his/her forum join date. I'd been playing for well over a year before I even decided to lurk in the forums.

Eric_the_Dead
05-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Aww, the opening area of pt. 2 was the absolute best place to farm up rusty gills. I need more yellow parisols like I need a hole in the head.

Can you at least increase the number of gilled mushrooms that drop in pt. 1? I was getting 2-5 in pt. 2 altars on EH but only seem to get 1-3 from any chest in pt. 1 EH.

Agreed. Alternatively, drop the number of rusty gilled mushrooms for the first upgrade to, say, 100.

Corsymyr
05-06-2015, 08:54 AM
On a different note; since the ToEE expansion my Rogue has not been receiving the 20% Ranged Alacrity to Great Crossbows (or any other xbow), from the Mechanical Reloader Enhancement. This is happening after Epic TR's and LR's. It has been reported as a bug twice, but I don't see it in the "Known Issues". It would be great if I could get a fix for this, as that 20% makes a huge difference in the overall performance.

Didn't know where else to post this, and maybe other people are having this issues as well.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

laurawilder
05-06-2015, 08:55 AM
These need to be silver or if gold backed up by decent in game drop rates, otherwise it's just more pay to win

No it doesn't.

Pay to win jealousy is so funny. Never did understand why some people get so worked up over others being lazy and buying and taking a short cut. The company makes money as they should and all players get what they want either by playing for free or purchase. Players have a choice. If you choose to play for free the drops rates do not need to be increased to better serve your decision. You should be glad others are paying for shortcuts it helps keep the servers running and should just post a thank you shout out to VIP players or anyone that buys silly pay to win in store purchases.

Besides these giveaways are not game breaking play to win deals anyways.

Kompera_Oberon
05-06-2015, 08:56 AM
I have a colleague who has a favorite saying regarding your statement: It is accurate, but irrelevant.

That's his/her forum join date. I'd been playing for well over a year before I even decided to lurk in the forums.In this case however it is also my game start date. Which does not in any way change the fact that I actually mean what I say, and no one has the ability to read my mind or contradict me on the meaning of my own words.

minorpenthes
05-06-2015, 09:00 AM
I have a colleague who has a favorite saying regarding your statement: It is accurate, but irrelevant.

And your colleague's chestnut when applied to my statement lacks even the former quality ;)

FranOhmsford
05-06-2015, 09:02 AM
Say, how about having all these cool things actually drop in game? You know, as a result of player effort? Sure, there's going to be luck involved, but better a rare chance to see one of these in a chest after a memorable fight, as opposed to "Huh, I got a lucky daily roll. While standing on my Guild Airship, right after logging on and seeing the Daily Dice icon on my screen. How completely non-memorable."

And P2W!!!

PRR/MRR/Melee+Ranged Power Pots! This is INSANE!!!

Power Creep has just become Power Leap!

slarden
05-06-2015, 09:03 AM
While the Quarterstaff can drop in those chests, they have lower odds than other chests in the Temple. Re-posting for further visibility:

With this patch, we've raised the rate at which Rare Encounters (i.e. those with chests) show up in the Temple. You should be seeing chests more often, and thus have more chances at pulling that loot from the chests where they're most likely to drop.

This is welcome. Still, with 32 loots of the Part II pyramid chest last weekend I never saw any named items (e.g., assassin;'s kiss). This drop rate is much lower than eOrchard. Is that working as intended?

The wiki says assassin's kiss is only in that chest, but if it is also in the random chests that is great news. I haven't seen any named items in random chests.

minorpenthes
05-06-2015, 09:04 AM

In this case however it is also my game start date. Which does not in any way change the fact that I actually mean what I say, and no one has the ability to read my mind or contradict me on the meaning of my own words.

To be fair, I think what he was describing was the fact that when you run a quest the first time or two, it tends to be more exciting and memorable than when you have done it scores of times.

But I would not presume either to read his mind, or contradict the meaning the meaning of his own words- much less put words in his mouth ;)

Faltout
05-06-2015, 09:05 AM
The +2 tomes of fate are and have been (since they were introduced to the store) game-changing since they allow for more twist upgrades (most combinations use 31 fate points). Now the +3 tome (that has been JUST introduced) is not adding anything indeed, since no combination can be improved with 32 fate points. It only gets you to the max usable amount earlier (before last 4 epic past lives probably).

imTonE
05-06-2015, 09:06 AM
I must say I'm surprised. I thought the Mysterious Altar buffs from ToEE would be in the DDO Store by now...

HuneyMunster
05-06-2015, 09:07 AM
This is welcome. Still, with 32 loots of the Part II pyramid chest last weekend I never saw any named items (e.g., assassin;'s kiss). This drop rate is much lower than eOrchard. Is that working as intended?

The wiki says assassin's kiss is only in that chest, but if it is also in the random chests that is great news. I haven't seen any named items in random chests.

Ive been doing the same thing with farming pyramid chest since it was first listed as dropping there.

Kompera_Oberon
05-06-2015, 09:12 AM
And your colleague's chestnut when applied to my statement lacks even the former quality ;)You can claim that, but I must simply disagree. The number of times I've run any of the content does not change my own personal position on what is memorable to me or not. It might or might not in the future, but again that is quite irrelevant.

Cordovan
05-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

All of my Daily Dice statistics have just become obsolete. El bummer. I must have cracked the code, and the DEVs are sending one across my bow to let me know they are still there and are more than willing to mess with me.

Sorry. :) We do rotate things in and out of Daily Dice. I bet there's still things to learn from your stats, though...

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 09:14 AM

Forum join date is meaningless. I also had been playing for about a year before I joined the forum. After I was hooked into the game I decided I might as well see if there is more information out there to help learn and fix everything I had done wrong.

There is also the great forum muddling that Turbine did that pretty much forced players to create new forum accounts until Turbine got it sorted out. Some people still choose to use their new forum names over their old ones.

Holybird
05-06-2015, 09:18 AM

Hey Steel! Just wondering if these named items only drop at Part 2 or in both quests, as I think it haven't been mentioned anywhere.

moomooprincess
05-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Sorry. :) We do rotate things in and out of Daily Dice. I bet there's still things to learn from your stats, though...

AHA!!! That would explain the sudden appearance of 5 Bells of Opening that seemed to start appearing in 2015, but did not appear in 2014. Or maybe it was late 2014 they started to appear.

der_kluge
05-06-2015, 09:25 AM

Oh sure... we run it LAST NIGHT!

FranOhmsford
05-06-2015, 09:27 AM
No it doesn't.

Pay to win jealousy is so funny. Never did understand why some people get so worked up over others being lazy and buying and taking a short cut. The company makes money as they should and all players get what they want either by playing for free or purchase. Players have a choice. If you choose to play for free the drops rates do not need to be increased to better serve your decision. You should be glad others are paying for shortcuts it helps keep the servers running and should just post a thank you shout out to VIP players or anyone that buys silly pay to win in store purchases.

Wrong - The most recent Updates have made the game much harder {Champions, Heroic Elite ToEE being blatantly placed at a level where it's basically impossible!} and now we get DDOStore {Dice Roll rewards} that are designed specifically to make characters stronger!

This is not about "lazy" players taking a "short cut"!
This is about Power Levels of those Players with Real Money to spend vs those that don't!

And any player who's ever stated this game is too easy should be disgusted with this so don't reply that ToEE or Champions aren't hard as that just means you're not the player these rewards are aimed at!

P.S. I don't buy AS to make Gold Rolls and I've only spent AS on Silver Rolls by mistake which does happen from time to time unfortunately.
The AS I have are for Skipping the likes of Crucible and Mirror when running Sagas and getting Rogue Hires for the likes of Bookbinder & Shadow Knight and I barely have enough for much of that!

I'm VIP and continue to buy extra TP when I can afford to {which isn't that often anymore} so I'm not against the game earning money - Just the excessive recent decisions by the money men at Turbine/WB!

bls904c2
05-06-2015, 09:38 AM
That's his/her forum join date. I'd been playing for well over a year before I even decided to lurk in the forums.

is that what happens. i have been playing for long time before the join date. i always assumed it was the date i dropped VIP and joined the mortal land of Premium Player.:p

Fluffib
05-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I truly do not understand why people are so against "P2W". Maybe I don't even understand "P2W" Life is "P2W", from the food you eat to the house you live in, from your healthcare to your education. In fact, every factor that has consistently demonstrated positive life outcomes is basically "P2W", from money itself to the better education, healthcare, locations, services, etc. that money can buy. Except race, and I'm not going there.

psykopeta
05-06-2015, 09:45 AM

it's more like pay to keep the game alive, because player doesn't pay for cosmetics and such

is getting a +7 tomes or a +3 tome of fate a winning?

ummmmmmm

more...like... no?

Cordovan
05-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Just to elaborate a bit on the new Daily Dice rewards: Some of these additions are motivated by feedback we've been getting to put new, cool stuff into Daily Dice, so we came up with things we think people will like.

+6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes

Already available in-game.

+1 Tomes of Fate

These items will be added soon to the general loot table where all the other Tomes of Fate currently reside (rare roll, but it happens.)

New Creature Companions

We currently do not have plans to release these Creature Companions outside of Daily Dice. That said, the Dusty Air Elemental has made a few brief appearances in community giveaways, and may again be available for that purpose in the future.

Gold Seal Elixirs of Acolyte's Healing - On Use: Immediately heal 180 Hit Points, plus 36 to 72 additional Hit Points every 2 seconds for the next 10 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds A small vial, bearing a gold seal, containing an ounce of shimmering liquid. Gold Seal healing elixirs can be used twice as often as regular healing elixirs.

We currently have no plans to offer these in-game; the same as our other Gold Seal Elixirs of Healing (http://ddowiki.com/page/Elixir_of_Healing). I'm including the link, though, because I'm not sure how many folks know they can get the non-Gold Seal versions through collectibles.

Long Lasting Potions of Melee Power, Ranged Power, Spell Power, Physical Resistance Rating, and Magical Resistance Rating. All of these potions provide +10 to their respective benefit, last for one hour, and persist through death.

So far our experience has been that people like the various long-lasting potions we've offered, but they haven't necessarily been viewed as a must-have. So, they seemed like a good fit for Daily Dice. If enough people get excited by these items, we'll respond to that feedback.

Saitiss
05-06-2015, 09:46 AM
Sooo i gues Epic Octopus Stinkhorn Mushrooms will may be loot now. :D

Ykt
05-06-2015, 09:49 AM

My join date is 2013 because that's when the forum revamp happened, and with it the bug that prevented me from using my old profile with my actual join date: july 2009.

Bird
05-06-2015, 09:56 AM

Well said!

PNP
05-06-2015, 09:59 AM
it is a joy to see world open and then the feeling crashes down as sarlona is the only one not up...

edit - up - took longer than others... I was worrying we were the next Ghallanda

Cordovan
05-06-2015, 09:59 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Duude
05-06-2015, 10:01 AM
The game worlds have reopened. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Let's go loot... Or Roll some dice ;)

laurawilder
05-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Wrong - The most recent Updates have made the game much harder {Champions, Heroic Elite ToEE being blatantly placed at a level where it's basically impossible!} and now we get DDOStore {Dice Roll rewards} that are designed specifically to make characters stronger!

This is about Power Levels of those Players with Real Money to spend vs those that don't!

And any player who's ever stated this game is too easy should be disgusted with this so don't reply that ToEE or Champions aren't hard as that just means you're not the player these rewards are aimed at!

P.S. I don't buy AS to make Gold Rolls and I've only spent AS on Silver Rolls by mistake which does happen from time to time unfortunately.
The AS I have are for Skipping the likes of Crucible and Mirror when running Sagas and getting Rogue Hires for the likes of Bookbinder & Shadow Knight and I barely have enough for much of that!

I'm VIP and continue to buy extra TP when I can afford to {which isn't that often anymore} so I'm not against the game earning money - Just the excessive recent decisions by the money men at Turbine/WB!

Your points are moot and off base. You claim these make it more p2w when in fact most of these will be rarely won on the spins daily. They are only upgrades so the people must have earned previous versions and such.

Lazy might have been an overstatement but it is cutting corners. The game is by no means getting harder. It has many more options based on skill levels and gear but it was much harder in years gone by.

The fact that the bloodstone was at one time one of the rarest and coolest items to it being equal to many casual sdrops made the game much more easy than any daily rolls that some can pay for. Your jealousy is misguided and your ideas what can hurt the game misplaced. Power creep is always the issue for a game as it evolves more than any purchased perks.

In the end what others do should not affect you. Make believe it is life and others can buy things you cannot. Does that make your life experiences and less? If so I feel sorry for you.

ArkoHighStar
05-06-2015, 10:15 AM

Umm Champions are on hard and elite only, and its called hard and elite, not slightly more difficult than normal. Don't want a challenge then run normal. We run TOEE on elite all the time and yeah it can be hard but its easily completeable. But again hard and elite are supposed to be challenging if thats too much run normal.

This game has been made easier and easier over time, there is nothing wrong with making hard and elite live up to their names.

Oxarhamar
05-06-2015, 10:23 AM

Sorry Fran I don't see many power levelers extraordinary amounts of AS for the chance to gain 1H RP, MP potions.

However if there are players who choose to use this gambling system to spend their AS & possibly buy AS with TP then I am all for it & so should you be they will be supporting the game.

Seikojin
05-06-2015, 11:21 AM
Just to elaborate a bit on the new Daily Dice rewards: Some of these additions are motivated by feedback we've been getting to put new, cool stuff into Daily Dice, so we came up with things we think people will like.

+6 to +7 Upgrade Tomes

+1 Tomes of Fate

These items will be added soon to the general loot table where all the other Tomes of Fate currently reside (rare roll, but it happens.)

New Creature Companions

We currently do not have plans to release these Creature Companions outside of Daily Dice. That said, the Dusty Air Elemental has made a few brief appearances in community giveaways, and may again be available for that purpose in the future.

Gold Seal Elixirs of Acolyte's Healing - On Use: Immediately heal 180 Hit Points, plus 36 to 72 additional Hit Points every 2 seconds for the next 10 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds A small vial, bearing a gold seal, containing an ounce of shimmering liquid. Gold Seal healing elixirs can be used twice as often as regular healing elixirs.

We currently have no plans to offer these in-game; the same as our other Gold Seal Elixirs of Healing (http://ddowiki.com/page/Elixir_of_Healing). I'm including the link, though, because I'm not sure how many folks know they can get the non-Gold Seal versions through collectibles.

Long Lasting Potions of Melee Power, Ranged Power, Spell Power, Physical Resistance Rating, and Magical Resistance Rating. All of these potions provide +10 to their respective benefit, last for one hour, and persist through death.

So far our experience has been that people like the various long-lasting potions we've offered, but they haven't necessarily been viewed as a must-have. So, they seemed like a good fit for Daily Dice. If enough people get excited by these items, we'll respond to that feedback.

Lower where the +1 base tomes drop in dice. If they drop into there at all.

It would help the markets.

IronClan
05-06-2015, 12:15 PM
That implies that getting it a different way is memorable. It is not. Oh, look, I got something useful after my 79th fight with (x). Yeah, that's not memorable either. The game's not about that. You want memorable, you play pnp.

I've played a lot of games that had memorable moments including DDO, not sure what you're talking about but hey my condolences.

I will admit DDO has not got a lot of them, but there are some, getting eSoS shard after 200+ runs was a memorable moment, my first S/S/S item eAGA was memorable despite a lot of runs. OTOH I remember opening the Sands rare chest for the very first time I ever set foot in Sands and there was a bloodstone sitting in their. Never looted another one across all characters. But some time later after that I remember pulling a +5 Holy Warhammer of PG out of that exact same chest on my then gimpy S&B Paladin Intimitank of all things who at the time actually used Daxes and Warhammers made a great Skele beater probably the only time I ever equipped a looted item immediately and started tearing stuff up with it. I still have that Hammer on that same toon, best piece of randgen I ever pulled on a toon that could immediately use it. I'm sure when I get Mythic Emerald Gaze on the same Paladin it will be memorable

To have more memorable stuff they would have to make more things like eSoS they've done this to some extent with mythic. But they would also have to make random loot have more of a chance to be relevant... even if it's a tiny chance; because random surprises are an important part of "memorable".

minorpenthes
05-06-2015, 12:19 PM
You can claim that, but I must simply disagree. The number of times I've run any of the content does not change my own personal position on what is memorable to me or not. It might or might not in the future, but again that is quite irrelevant.

Fantastic then- I believe we can both agree that any one person's subjective experience is not in any way equal to objective, factually based reality and get on with life, in that case.

minorpenthes
05-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Forum join date is meaningless. I also had been playing for about a year before I joined the forum. After I was hooked into the game I decided I might as well see if there is more information out there to help learn and fix everything I had done wrong.

There is also the great forum muddling that Turbine did that pretty much forced players to create new forum accounts until Turbine got it sorted out. Some people still choose to use their new forum names over their old ones.

Sorry, as my mighty number of posts might reveal, I generally play the game instead of posting on the forum, and am consequently unaware of these niceties- although please note, I was actually correct, in this particular case (although, based on the opinion of some geezer who knows someone else, possibly "irrelevant"- which strikes me as specious defence, maybe even a wee bit facile ... but I digress). Nothing wrong with being on the forum, as your post makes clear (more information is almost always a good thing).

So, mea culpa, and let possible relevance always trump actual accuracy ;)

*edited for proper spelling- because sometimes I am not as thorough as I believe myself to me...

Back to playing, for me. See you all the next time I am stricken by a sudden bit of downtime ;)

Seikojin
05-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Yay on the boosts, however when you have to perform 30 runs to upgrade to tier 1, no one will go for the more common loot int he pack. Please increase the count on shroom drops.

legendkilleroll
05-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Yay on the boosts, however when you have to perform 30 runs to upgrade to tier 1, no one will go for the more common loot int he pack. Please increase the count on shroom drops.

Want more, run elite.

cdbd3rd
05-06-2015, 04:04 PM
... Life is "P2W", from the food you eat to the house you live in, from your healthcare to your education. In fact, every factor that has consistently demonstrated positive life outcomes is basically "P2W", from money itself to the better education, healthcare, locations, services, etc. that money can buy. .

I like that^. /Props. https://www.ddo.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.png

However if there are players who choose to use this gambling system to spend their AS & possibly buy AS with TP then I am all for it & so should you be they will be supporting the game.

Agreed. Just as Cosmetics draw in income, rare chances at power-boosting buffs likewise help the servers stay alive. (even if some seem to be kinduv 'undead' atm. :p )

--- edit ---
Plus, the tome additions only benefit epic-level chars. Would not have liked seeing heroic levels getting ignored in the addition of new stuff.

Faltout
05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
(Standard): You obtain a 400 Experience Points, and a Long Lasting Potion of 10 Melee Power.
Silver Dice, roll of 62. Nice :)