PDA

View Full Version : Ruby of Threat Reduction

Deathdefy
05-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Could split it up into Melee / Ranged / Casting subtypes if you like.

I don't know if it's necessary to have gradated versions all the way from 4 - 28 since they would serve absolutely no purpose until epics.

Something like -15% at L20, -20% at L24, and -25% at L25 would be modest and useful. Feel free to double those values to bring more joy.

Would be cool with the new rogue pass since pulling aggro is a thing again, which is good in a way, but there are pretty limited means to manage threat for a mechanic, especially before level 28 and Dark Diversion (which may or may not stack with a stealth strike cloak which on its own is not sufficient in any 'purple named undead raid boss' content).

Re: balance, it's directly giving up the possibility of a damage augment like crushing wave, or a DR bypass like ruby of good. I'd be surprised if, even on these forums, someone claimed the idea would be OP.

Bloodskittle
05-05-2015, 04:36 AM
Could split it up into Melee / Ranged / Casting subtypes if you like.

I don't know if it's necessary to have gradated versions all the way from 4 - 28 since they would serve absolutely no purpose until epics.

Something like -15% at L20, -20% at L24, and -25% at L25 would be modest and useful. Feel free to double those values to bring more joy.

Would be cool with the new rogue pass since pulling aggro is a thing again, which is good in a way, but there are pretty limited means to manage threat for a mechanic, especially before level 28 and Dark Diversion (which may or may not stack with a stealth strike cloak which on its own is not sufficient in any 'purple named undead raid boss' content).

Re: balance, it's directly giving up the possibility of a damage augment like crushing wave, or a DR bypass like ruby of good. I'd be surprised if, even on these forums, someone claimed the idea would be OP.

This is actually a really good idea though values could use some work, like 20%-L20, 25%-L24, 30% L28. With versions for both threat increasing and reduction.

General_Gronker
05-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Overpowered? No. But your suggested values and ML are terrible. Drop the levels by 10 and maybe you'll have something.