PDA

View Full Version : Question about Normal/Hard/Elite weapons

s75h
05-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi, I just finished up the Weloon Prison quest series (all 5 quests on "hard") but when I went to claim my final reward all of the item options are the "Normal" variations. Shouldn't they be the "Hard" versions? During one of the quests I was able to loot a Shade's Hood from a regular chest and it was labeled "Hard". In the final end list there is another Shade's Hood as an option but with it labeled "Normal".

Is this an error and should I submit a bug report asking for help? I would send an in-game ticket to a gm but those don't work for me, but that's another issue altogether.

Thanks in advance.

unbongwah
05-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi, I just finished up the Weloon Prison quest series (all 5 quests on "hard") but when I went to claim my final reward all of the item options are the "Normal" variations. Shouldn't they be the "Hard" versions?
No: the loot which drops in quests is based on the quest difficulty; but the end reward lists only ever include the Normal versions, unfortunately.

s75h
05-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Well dang, that's a let down. It doesn't make much sense. So the only way I can get the "hard" version of any of the items is to loot them from a chest while playing the "hard" level. I suppose its done that way to get people to play the quests over and over. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Enoach
05-04-2015, 04:48 PM
You are correct to get better than the Normal you will have to get them from the quest.

This is also true with the High Road, Stormhorns, Druids Deep and Gianthold series where the gear is broken out in Normal/Hard/Elite

High Road gives Epic Normal even with heroic completion and Druids Deep gives Heroic Normal even with an Epic completion.

The good news is that there is only subtle differences in power between the Normal/Epic Normal and the Elite/Epic Elite versions of an item. But there is also ML differences as well. So getting the Normal Version may give you an opportunity to use the gear earlier then the Hard or Elite versions. So they can still serve as "until" you get better versions.

janave
05-06-2015, 04:35 AM
In some cases the lower tier ones are better, as they include the "main effect" while having lower minimum levels and letting you have more use of it. The differences are rarely a game breaker, few exceptions eg: aquatic bracers elite.