PDA

View Full Version : Tome of Untold Legends Help

Xathris
05-04-2015, 07:56 AM
I've spent so much time in the Orchard of the Macabre, that I think I have become one of the undead. In all this time, tapestry pieces seem endless. I have only found the shield pieces (don't care) and ONLY TWO TOME PAGES (IV and V). I have down lots of farming runs on all the routes. I have over 5000 undead kills. I have completed all of the dungeons (on normal). What do I have to do to get these Tome pages???

Erofen
05-04-2015, 07:58 AM
I've spent so much time in the Orchard of the Macabre, that I think I have become one of the undead. In all this time, tapestry pieces seem endless. I have only found the shield pieces (don't care) and ONLY TWO TOME PAGES (IV and V). I have down lots of farming runs on all the routes. I have over 5000 undead kills. I have completed all of the dungeons (on normal). What do I have to do to get these Tome pages???
Run with a group on elite and maybe someone will pass.

Saekee
05-04-2015, 07:59 AM
You are farming the rares, then? I have had a lot of the tome pages drop in rare chests. Why not run the quests on higher difficulties? Vol is the easiest and you can pull the Locus which is used in crafting.

Xathris
05-04-2015, 08:15 AM
You are farming the rares, then? I have had a lot of the tome pages drop in rare chests. Why not run the quests on higher difficulties? Vol is the easiest and you can pull the Locus which is used in crafting.

I thought all you needed to do was farm rates? Are they also found in quests?

DeathdefyBeta
05-04-2015, 08:22 AM

The tome pages used to be found exclusively in the end chest of each wing of Litany. I can't remember what went where, but it's probably still on the wiki.

I suspect those chests still have by far the highest drop rates in the game for tome pages.

Saekee
05-04-2015, 09:48 AM

it was changed to drop in any chest there. Having them drop in rare wilderness chests was the added bonus!
You can sell the shield fragments on the ASAH

TEcarson
05-04-2015, 09:57 AM
The tome pages used to be found exclusively in the end chest of each wing of Litany. I can't remember what went where, but it's probably still on the wiki.

I suspect those chests still have by far the highest drop rates in the game for tome pages.

Yep...still in Litany as well - http://ddowiki.com/page/Tome:_Legend

But as mentioned, having them drop in rare chests has been a nice bonus.

icekinslayer
05-05-2015, 05:54 PM
I thought all you needed to do was farm rares? Are they also found in quests?

Each of those quests out in the orchard have optionals that you can get a chest for which has a chance to have a shield frag or tome piece in it. Also, yeah, do litany with the optional bosses for a chance at the tome pieces and shield frags. In temple of vol, the optional is behind a locked door by the shrine where you kill maruts and get a chest. In fleshmaker the optional is in the room next to the flesh golem Edgar, and you can only do it after the quest is done now. In ghosts of perdition, the optional chest comes from killing all the waves of baddies on the way down as your killing the doomsphere. In inferno, I can't think offhand what the optional chest is.

esoitl
05-05-2015, 06:56 PM
In temple of vol, the optional is behind a locked door by the shrine where you kill maruts and get a chest. In fleshmaker the optional is in the room next to the flesh golem Edgar, and you can only do it after the quest is done now. In ghosts of perdition, the optional chest comes from killing all the waves of baddies on the way down as your killing the doomsphere. In inferno, I can't think offhand what the optional chest is.
The optional in Inferno is a locked chest that you need to get a key for. It's in a side passage that you have to alert a priest in to open the door, then get the key elsewhere, then come back to later.

As for the pages/taps/fragments, it was changed a while back.
The old method used to be that shield fragments were from quest optionals, taps were from the explorer chests, and tome pages were end optionals in Litany of the Dead, but now any chest that can drop any of these has a chance to drop them all. The old locations are the highest drop rate for each item, so if you're looking for pages, I would farm Litany over the explorer as it's a better chance of them dropping.

Xathris
05-05-2015, 07:05 PM
The optional in Inferno is a locked chest that you need to get a key for. It's in a side passage that you have to alert a priest in to open the door, then get the key elsewhere, then come back to later.

As for the pages/taps/fragments, it was changed a while back.
The old method used to be that shield fragments were from quest optionals, taps were from the explorer chests, and tome pages were end optionals in Litany of the Dead, but now any chest that can drop any of these has a chance to drop them all. The old locations are the highest drop rate for each item, so if you're looking for pages, I would farm Litany over the explorer as it's a better chance of them dropping.

I got to join a super player and did elite on all but Perdition. He knew everywhere to go. I got sigil pieces, but no tome. Hopefully the Litany will pan out.

Nonesuch2008
05-05-2015, 10:15 PM
These guys are spot on, farm the rares & run the quests also, and your luck is bound to change. The most consistent place that I've seen tome pages drop is the Marut optional in DToV, but as the others have said, most any chest can cough them up. I've had a pretty high success rate with that one, however, and DToV is a quick quest to run. Good luck to you.

janave
05-06-2015, 03:25 AM
They drop much more frequently in Litany, catch people flagging for abbot, or offer abbot flagging services :p. Loot the chests at the end of each wing for a much better rate of pages.

mikarddo
05-06-2015, 04:25 AM
I just ran the optional in Vol 8 times with 3 chars. The result was 7 tapestries, 3 shields and 0 tomes. So no luck there for me this time around.

janave
05-06-2015, 04:32 AM
I just ran the optional in Vol 8 times with 3 chars. The result was 7 tapestries, 3 shields and 0 tomes. So no luck there for me this time around.

I dont believe thats luck, afaik getting shield frags in the marut opt is fairly consistent.

blerkington
01-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Hi,

People who have done a lot of TRing may have spare tome pages they can give you. From memory most of mine came from Litany.

If you're on Khyber look me up and I will help you. If not, tell us which server you are on and others might flick you their spares.

Thanks.

eris2323
01-19-2016, 05:18 PM
Someone actually WANTS tome pages? Most things from there are out of date.

However, if you're on Sarlona, let me know, I may be able to help with a couple of them that you're missing.

Xathris
01-19-2016, 05:51 PM

However, if you're on Sarlona, let me know, I may be able to help with a couple of them that you're missing.

I thought Deathnip looked kinda cool. I can see swinging a couple of those! I am on Sarlona. I have gone through 2 lives now and haven't found many pages, and even less shield pieces. I'd love to have some of either.

Thanks!

p.s. I am saving every named item I find. I never know when I'll want it. There is so much to learn...

eris2323
01-19-2016, 05:53 PM
I thought Deathnip looked kinda cool. I can see swinging a couple of those! I am on Sarlona. I have gone through 2 lives now and haven't found many pages, and even less shield pieces. I'd love to have some of either.

Thanks!

p.s. I am saving every named item I find. I never know when I'll want it. There is so much to learn...
Send me a character name (you can do it in PM if you want) and I'll see what I can mail to you after I finish the nights questing...

PsychoBlonde
01-19-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally, you had to farm the end chests in each branch of Litany of the Dead to get Tome pages. Now, they drop from any chest that can drop sigil, tapestry, or shield pieces, which are:

1. Rare chests in Orchard
2. End chests in Orchard quests
3. The Shield optional chests in Orchard quests (inevitables in Vol, golem pit in Fleshmaker, extra Acolyte of Flame spot in Inferno, and killing all the mobs before the floor breaks in GOP).
4. The end chests in each branch of Litany of the dead.

But, yes, they rarely seem to drop when you're actually looking for them, so the best bet is to probably just holler in Trade chat until someone produces them for you. Or buy them.

PsychoBlonde
01-19-2016, 06:41 PM

They're still pretty good for the level they are, most of them. No, they're not "endgame" gear, but who cares? Most of this game isn't "endgame" anyway.

eris2323
01-19-2016, 07:57 PM
They're still pretty good for the level they are, most of them. No, they're not "endgame" gear, but who cares? Most of this game isn't "endgame" anyway.
Actually I totally forgot about deathnip, for one...

I helped him out, he can get at least one item, and almost two items now...

Saekee
01-19-2016, 08:20 PM
Given that everbright weapons are no longer dropping, Phosphor just jumped in value.

Xathris
01-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Actually I totally forgot about deathnip, for one...

I helped him out, he can get at least one item, and almost two items now...

You sure did help, tnx!

eris2323
01-19-2016, 08:23 PM
You sure did help, tnx!
You're welcome. I remember how hard it was to get my first item from the tome pages... and I had extras since I've done a few lives...

Enjoy!