PDA

View Full Version : Ghallanda Unavailable: Friday, May 1st

Cordovan
05-01-2015, 11:24 AM
UPDATE: Ghallanda has reopened!

Ghallanda is currently unavailable while we conduct maintenance on the server. The current expected uptime is 3:30 PM Eastern. We will keep you updated.

Cordovan
05-01-2015, 11:26 AM
This is part of our ongoing investigation into recent server issues. We will provide more information as soon as it is available.

IconicHero
05-01-2015, 11:29 AM
from the twitter and launcher which said about an hour hope this is better than the last three fixes

stinkyfish
05-01-2015, 11:31 AM
from the twitter and launcher which said about an hour hope this is better than the last three fixes

Sorry, but I think Cordo meant this :
Ghallanda is currently down for maintenance. The current expected uptime is 3:30 PM Eastern. We will keep you updated. ?#?DDO?

IconicHero
05-01-2015, 11:36 AM
DDO Unlimited @DDOUnlimited ยท 2h 2 hours ago
Ghallanda is being brought down at 11:30 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for maintenance. We expect the downtime to last approximately one hour. #DDO

that was a new twitter post after there first post they decided to change it after first posting it and this was after there message in game that it was coming down at 11:30 am and never even post here till they extended it! But then again communication is slow!

Cordovan
05-01-2015, 11:39 AM
The original estimate was an hour, but the extended time frame is related to the work being done. We're working to get Ghallanda reopened as soon as possible, but we also want to conduct work that we believe may have an impact on recent server issues.

mightstriker
05-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Please take the time to fill out a support ticket, and let them know via the feedback tab that you are upset about this ongoing issue. www.turbine.com/support Or call them between 2pm and 6pm East Coast Time at 1-855-924-2637, option 5 is for DDO.

If our community only voices displeasure with this issue via the forums, it will not have the impact that we clearly need to express how upset we are at this ongoing issue.

If you have already used these alternative methods to voice your opinion, I thank you. I also beseech you to do it again. This community deserves to have better service than we have received over the past weeks!

DDO is an MMO that does so many things right, that is why so many people are expressing such anger over this issue. If we were not so passionate about our shared hobby, it would not be so upsetting that this problem - which was supposedly fixed before! - is still happening.

capnbd
05-01-2015, 11:54 AM
The original estimate was an hour, but the extended time frame is related to the work being done. We're working to get Ghallanda reopened as soon as possible, but we also want to conduct work that we believe may have an impact on recent server issues.

You are really good at your job, which is pretending to say a lot when in fact you're saying basically nothing.

We believe may have an impact? If you hedge any harder than this you'll find yourself stuck in a maze.

Xanthrawl
05-01-2015, 12:14 PM
This is going on a month now, with almost daily crashes. I cannot fathom how Turbine (or any company for that matter) could not know what is going on by now.

I have 2 Premium accounts, both of which are low on TP. I've been wanting to buy more so I can get the ToEE and new MM. I will not be doing that in the near future. I will not be throwing my money away on a game I may or may not be able to play.

I have seen numerous people, myself included, asking about the possibility of a server merger to get away from Ghallanda. I have seen no reply from anyone at Turbine about that possibility and why it may or may not be effective.

*I understand all MMOs have that little asterisk about no guarantees on game availability. It's just super frustrating when it's only my server. Sure, I could play on another server. As a level 1, with no gear, plat, or past lives. I've done that before when I created a 2nd account. I do not want to go down that road again involuntarily.

Dazednconfused
05-01-2015, 12:25 PM
I already sent in my ticket. I can't move off the server without losing my guild. Meanwhile I got 3 days vacation time to burn this week, sitting at home, watching the draft, the gf is out, and ghallanda is down again. Another 4 hours of downtime. Again??? How many weeks has this been? I already asked them to merge us with wayfinder, open a new server when they get this fixed, cause I don't believe for a second that this fix is going to be the one, we will be screwed for at least another 2 months.

Syrrah
05-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Ok, so either I'm going insane or the other servers are also down?I can't log in into Khyber either.

Dandonk
05-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Are we there yet? :p

Ague
05-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Ok, so either I'm going insane or the other servers are also down?I can't log in into Khyber either.

The other servers appear to be up... click the server status link in my sig for what's up or down... :)

Illiamfryn
05-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Still down....pfff

Fedora1
05-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Hmmm I am seeing G-Land as up/green. Is it so? Do I dare log in before official word is given?

Cordovan
05-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Ghallanda has reopened. Thank you.