PDA

View Full Version : The Conjurer PrE

bsquishwizzy
04-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Ok, for fun, I decided to spitball a new wizard PrE. Granted I’m not a number-cruncher, but I thought I’d throw out a basic framework, and see what the rest of you think.

Conjuration – like Illusion – is a pretty niche spell line, and I don’t see a lot of the cloud spells being used in general (I know I use Cloudkill a lot). So I thought I’d see if I could wedge in something that might make the lesser spells of this type a little more interesting. I also tried to add a couple other Conjuration spells from other classes at upper levels to make it worth the investment. Likewise, people have been requesting a Summoner PrE for the game. Given that summons are conjured a Conjurer, I thought, might also fill that slot just as well.

It’s my first class / PrE suggestion. Be gentle with me…

Core Abilities:

Corrosive Study (passive) – each point spent in this PrE provides +0.75 Spell Power. Passive ability: +10 Acid Spell Power, +1 Caster Level when casting Acid Conjuration spells.

Skilled Summoner (passive) – all summons, including the Pet – are automatically treated as if they have the Augment Summoning feat applied to them.

Caustic Demeanor – Acid Blast, Acid Spray, Acid Rain deal an additional 1d4 + 1 per 2 caster levels of damage per second when a target is hit. Melf’s Acid Arrow does 2d6 + 2 per 2 caster levels. Black Dragon Bolt deals 1d6 per caster level every 2 second for 12 seconds.

Personal Cloud – You are able to summon a personal sheathing of flog that envelops you, granting you a stacking 10% protection from melee and ranged damage, and a regenerative effect of healing you 1d6 HP + 2 per 2 caster levels, once per rest. Duration: 12 minutes.

Arch Conjurer - Through extensive training and countless hours of study, you have mastered the application of metamagic feats to your spells. You gain +4 Intelligence, +5 Spellcraft, and +5 Universal Spell Power.

Tier 1:
Improved Mage Armor: Spell-like ability (8/6/4), you gain +3% / +6% / +10% to your overall AC.

Dense Mists: All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – all gain an additional +5% / +10% / +15% miss chance. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Spell Critical, Conjuration (passive): Your Conjuration damage spells have an additional 1% chance to critically hit.

Summoned Pet: You can conjure an additional pet to do your bidding once per rest. You may conjure a Celestial Dog or a Young Air Mephit. Anti-Requisite: you may not take this ability in conjunction with other summoned pets such as the PM pet, or Driud wolf. Cost: 30 SP.

Tier 2:

Acid Web (active): Webs now do 1d4/2d4/3d4 acid damage every 2 seconds so long as an opponent is held. Cost: 20 SP to activate.

Hindering Mists (passive): All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – all gain the Slow effect, with a DC of 17/21/25. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Spell Critical, Conjuration (passive): Your Conjuration damage spells have an additional 1% chance to critically hit.

Summoned Pet Upgrade I: Your Summoned Pet (Dog or Mephit) gets an additional +5/+8/+10 HP, and +2/+3/+4 AC per every 2 caster levels.

Tier 3:

Dazing Mists (passive): All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – all gain a 17/21/25 DC ability to daze an opponent as if affected by a Stun. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Fireproof (passive): Webs and Clouds are no longer vulnerable to being burned away by fire spells.

Summoned Pet Upgrade II: Your Summoned Pet (Dog or Mephit) gets an additional +5/+10/+15 MRR & PRR, and -3/-5/8 DR magic.

Intelligence Boost (passive): +1 to Intelligence.

Tier 4:

Blinding Mists (passive): All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – all gain a 19/24/29 DC ability to blind an opponent. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Willful Conjuring: Webs and Clouds are no longer dispelled by spells like Gust of Wind.

Summoned Pet Upgrade III: Your Summoned Pet (Dog or Mephit) gets an additional +5/+10/+15 MRR & PRR, and -3/-5/8 DR magic, as well as Improved Trip (Celestial Dog) or Blind (Mephit).

Intelligence Boost (passive): +1 to Intelligence.

Tier 5:
Banishing Touch: In knowing how to bring creatures into the world, you are now aware of how to send them back. You have a touch attack that acts like the Banish spell, with a DC of the (creatures hit dice * 0.25) + caster level.

Healing Mists (passive): All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – will heal any party members in them for 1d4/1d6/2d6 HP every 2 seconds. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Grand Summoning (passive): Your summoned creatures (via Summon Monster I – IX) gain an additional 4 CR every 2 caster levels. Both summoned creatures and the conjurer’s per also do 2d6 acid damage per hit.

Word of Mouth (active): the spells Power Word: Kill, Power Word: Stun, and Power Word: Blind have their cooldowns halved, for an additional 10 SP per spell.

Swarm (active): Summons a cloud of voracious magical insects and unleashes them on your enemies. The insect cloud will slowly home on the target, and when it strikes insects will burst outward, affecting every enemy within the area of effect. Enemies hit by the insects take 1d10 + 2 acid damage, plus 1 to 6 per 3 caster levels, every 2 seconds for 16 seconds., with no save. Likewise, the affected creature must make a successful reflex save, or be blinded for 2d6 seconds. Cost: 40 SP.

General_Gronker
04-30-2015, 11:06 PM
The basic idea for a Conjurer PrE is a good one. The game certainly needs more diversity in spellcasting focus, but you're focusing a little too much on the cloud and acid aspects IMO. But then as far as I'm concerned, before they try adding anything like a Conjurer PrE, they need to add more of the mothergame's conjuration spells. As it stands, the spell selection isn't good enough to warrant a specialized PrE.

The first thing I would put in a PrE is Tier 1: Acid Splash. This is a level 0 cantrip in the mother game.
3/2/1 Spell Points
1d3+1/2d3+1/3d3+1 per caster level damage
6/4/2 second cooldown

fmalfeas
05-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Note, in tabletop, a conjurer isn't at all limited to acid. But it is a common attack type because it exists independently. See, in tabletop, evocation attack spells are subject to SR, because they're purely magical constructs. Conjuration spells are very, very, very real. And thus free from SR. Conjuration can't replicate Fireball...but it /could/ simply rip a bonfire out of the Elemental Plane of Fire, and put it where the target is. Which could be worse, particularly if the fire catches rather than going out the next round. They also, with enough planar knowledge, can do even worse. Hellfire, the Tears of Elysium, and triggering strikes from the Mechanus Cannon are some of the more famous examples of Conjuration's direct attack horrors.

It's also the school of /GATE/. A Gated creature is /not/ summoned. Antimagic and dispels will NOT send them away. Then again, they aren't under your control, and you don't quite choose what comes through unless you know your target, so you open the gate to somewhere, and just hope that what's curious is friendly/useful. A Gate to Celestia could get you a simple petitioner...or you could end up with a Planetar or Solar Angel stepping through (hope and pray you're lawful good, or you /might/ end up on the potential smiting list.) Gates to the Abyss/Nine Hells are simpler, as odds are, you're getting the ones who push to the front easiest...which is usually a Balor or Pit Fiend respectively. Ward yourself. (Shavarath, on Eberron, could hit you with any of the above, making Gating for random help /really/ exciting.)

nibel
05-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I like where your idea go, but I think there is an excessive focus on acid. Also, you only listed 5 cores. That should have been 6 cores (level 1, 3, 6, 12, 18, 20).

Arch Conjurer is too strong. This will only mean most wizards will get Palemaster Tier 5 and core 18 (for +4 int Lich form), and go for your tree's capstone. That locks out 74 AP of their 80, but there is very few things you might prioritize more on a pure wizard than +8 Int.

I don't like the "you can only have 2 mist enhancers at the same time" limitation. Either you should put that limitation on making two multi-selectors where on the second one you can make a different choice (see Human Versatility for an example), or you remove the limitation and make them a progressive column.

IMO, however, a conjuration-based tree should not be given to wizard, but to druids, since summoning is one of their main shticks in PnP (spontaneous converting prepared spells to summons). This would also need to be on the same list as any kind of summoning pass to make them more useful (my take on a summon pass is on my sig).

bsquishwizzy
05-01-2015, 09:35 AM
The basic idea for a Conjurer PrE is a good one. The game certainly needs more diversity in spellcasting focus, but you're focusing a little too much on the cloud and acid aspects IMO. But then as far as I'm concerned, before they try adding anything like a Conjurer PrE, they need to add more of the mothergame's conjuration spells. As it stands, the spell selection isn't good enough to warrant a specialized PrE.

The first thing I would put in a PrE is Tier 1: Acid Splash. This is a level 0 cantrip in the mother game.
3/2/1 Spell Points
1d3+1/2d3+1/3d3+1 per caster level damage
6/4/2 second cooldown

Note, in tabletop, a conjurer isn't at all limited to acid. But it is a common attack type because it exists independently. See, in tabletop, evocation attack spells are subject to SR, because they're purely magical constructs. Conjuration spells are very, very, very real. And thus free from SR. Conjuration can't replicate Fireball...but it /could/ simply rip a bonfire out of the Elemental Plane of Fire, and put it where the target is. Which could be worse, particularly if the fire catches rather than going out the next round. They also, with enough planar knowledge, can do even worse. Hellfire, the Tears of Elysium, and triggering strikes from the Mechanus Cannon are some of the more famous examples of Conjuration's direct attack horrors.

It's also the school of /GATE/. A Gated creature is /not/ summoned. Antimagic and dispels will NOT send them away. Then again, they aren't under your control, and you don't quite choose what comes through unless you know your target, so you open the gate to somewhere, and just hope that what's curious is friendly/useful. A Gate to Celestia could get you a simple petitioner...or you could end up with a Planetar or Solar Angel stepping through (hope and pray you're lawful good, or you /might/ end up on the potential smiting list.) Gates to the Abyss/Nine Hells are simpler, as odds are, you're getting the ones who push to the front easiest...which is usually a Balor or Pit Fiend respectively. Ward yourself. (Shavarath, on Eberron, could hit you with any of the above, making Gating for random help /really/ exciting.)

Unfortunately, I’m working with the game we have, and not the game we’d like to have.

Acid Splash might be nice to have as a SLA. However, I figured SLA’s were kinda already covered by AM and PM. So I went in a different direction. But it is a good suggestion.

As for Gate and summons and so on, it would be nice if we could have some non-acid conjuratrions, but we haven’t seen new spells in the Arcane side for years now. You *might* be able to make a case for adding a Tier 5 spell somethingorother, but that would require creating a whole bunch of new animations which I find unlikely to happen - you never know. In this game, almost ALL of the damage spells in Conjuration involve acid in one form or another (which really doesn’t make sense given that it is attached to Earth in the elemental spectrum, bit it is what it is). Adding fire to that mix just doesn’t seem viable.

And Gate? No way it’s going to happen given the summons available. That’s like adding Wish to the spell list. It’s too open-ended, and I just can't see that feasibly being added to the game.

Plus, if there was ever a spell line that I’d like to see expended in the game, it would be Illusion.

bsquishwizzy
05-01-2015, 01:09 PM
I like where your idea go, but I think there is an excessive focus on acid. Also, you only listed 5 cores. That should have been 6 cores (level 1, 3, 6, 12, 18, 20).

D’OH!!

Arch Conjurer is too strong. This will only mean most wizards will get Palemaster Tier 5 and core 18 (for +4 int Lich form), and go for your tree's capstone. That locks out 74 AP of their 80, but there is very few things you might prioritize more on a pure wizard than +8 Int.

Fair enough.

I don't like the "you can only have 2 mist enhancers at the same time" limitation. Either you should put that limitation on making two multi-selectors where on the second one you can make a different choice (see Human Versatility for an example), or you remove the limitation and make them a progressive column.

The thought was that it works along the same lines as a Ranger’s imbues – of which they can only have 2 active at a time.

I thought that throwing out, say Obscuring Mist, with Healing Mist and – say – Dense Mists would be a GREAT defensive option for an arcane, as well as adding something similar to a Cleric’s aura. So, for example, you could throw out something like with what I described with Solid Fog in Hound of Xoriat.

Plus, I thought having more than 2 active at any given time would have been massively OP. Throwing up Cloudkill around you that blinds, causes acid damage, slows, does stat damage, and heals you and the party all at the same time just screams “easy button.”

And Healing Mists was put in there to provide another form of class self-healing that didn’t involve the PM tree. That’s my blatant hat-tip to the self-sufficiency trend in this game.

IMO, however, a conjuration-based tree should not be given to wizard, but to druids, since summoning is one of their main shticks in PnP (spontaneous converting prepared spells to summons). This would also need to be on the same list as any kind of summoning pass to make them more useful (my take on a summon pass is on my sig).

I was going along the lines of the Generalist, Evoker, Abjuratrionist, etc. wizard lines in D&D (at least when I was somewhat involved in it). I agree that we need some sort of summoning pass, because the way epic was implemented, and the limitations of the current summons in this game as they apply to an assumed lvl 20 cap. But the main departure from D&D is that the technology is not going to support the traditional Summoner as we all know it (maybe that’s taken account in your idea of it, buty I’m throwing it out there for everyone else). So, I worked within the DDO existing framework.

Vargouille
05-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Some interesting ideas.

nibel
05-01-2015, 03:31 PM
The thought was that it works along the same lines as a Ranger’s imbues – of which they can only have 2 active at a time.

It is more about how you "implemented" this. Notice that each stance have a type, and you can only have one of each stance type active at once. Examples:

Arcane Archer cores are "Arcane Archer Secondary Imbue Toggle"
Arcane Archer stances in the tree itself are "Arcane Archer Imbue Toggle"
Archer's Focus and IPS are "Offensive Ranged Stance"
Precision, Combat expertise, Power Attack and Resilience are "Combat Stance"
Shiradi's stances are "Shiradi Ranged Stance"

And so on. Your implementation is more on line with how Metamagics work, but then they should have been toggles, and not passives. It was a description problem, not one with the options you gave.

I was going along the lines of the Generalist, Evoker, Abjuratrionist, etc. wizard lines in D&D (at least when I was somewhat involved in it).

That is an interesting long-term idea, one tree for each specialized school (Pale Master already being for necromancy). We just need a ton of extra abjuration, illusion and transmutation spells before we can base a whole tree on them.

arkonas
05-01-2015, 03:37 PM
well if there is ever a spell pass and rebalance on some of the caster classes then this prestige would really be a nice idea.

Lanadazia
05-01-2015, 06:37 PM
i'm always glad if something new hits the servers. i mean, there can't be too much to chose from

if a new PrE was too much work, how about some new spells? especially divine casters are pretty dry on higher grade spells

i'd like to see more spells in general, but especially for transmutation, conjuration and necromancy
the supposed-to-be necromancer in DDO, the palemaster, doesnt really feel like a necromancer.
in my opinion a necromancer should have plenty of options to interact with undead

Infiltraitor
05-01-2015, 09:57 PM
So. . When I venture into some epic elite quests, I will have to fight 200 or so monsters. They have 8000 hp and do 300 damage hits.

How many of those 8,000 hp and 300 dmg per hit monsters can I expect the conjurer ' s pet to kill out of that 200. If he can't kill at least 2 of them, he would account for less than 1% of my dps despite taking up 40 Enhancement points. I'd bet better off with an action boost.

janave
05-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Somewhat overlaps with Archmage Focus: Conjuration, and Earth Savants.

Angelic-council
05-02-2015, 12:53 AM
With all do respect, Conjuration is not only about acid, cloud and healing. There is more than that. I like your idea, but you need to spend more time on your idea I think. And also change the capstone (it's not very interesting).

Wh070aa
05-02-2015, 04:13 AM
I would like for this to be more general Conjuration tree, including some divine, and artificer things.

Also I would like some more stuff for summons. Lets be honest, even if you multiply summons HP, and damage by 10 they still don't do anything. DC's are non existent, damage is about 1/1000 of anything that matters (if you include attack speed/how often they do anything it might be even less, depending on summon), and only thing they do is mess you up by drawing agro, activating traps, and destroying your AOE's and CC. Charmed monsters have about X100 more HP, damage, and amount you can get(I am exaggerating a bit, but still), and they still are barely worth it, only because they CC monsters.

Maybe add some more summons, and maybe have them be already buffed as they are summoned? Have them already have Elemental resists, death ward, heroism and stuff?

Also Restoration, healing of statuses, teleportation, and holy damage, soul spells (rise dead, trap the soul,PWK), and conjuring arrows and turrets. More utility would be nice. Maybe make it so that this is useful on divines, and maybe as splash on Artificers, or rangers. Maybe add some conjure bolts/arrows and possibly and elemental turret summon (choose element), as tier 5? Also add some alignment critical for clerics, and some maybe maximum caster level increases(like +3 or so for capstone, or +1 for cores past 12). And maybe a teleport enchantment. Everyone uses teleport scrolls anyway. Or DDoor. We need more ways to get ddor on things. I am tired of always being human for dragon mark, when I don't have the spell. Or at least free Word of Recall.

Also maybe aura of detoxification, or divine/acid/fire damage, to be more damage focused alternative of radiant servant? Would say give the aura to your summons, but auras are really laggy. Maybe a special summon with aura?

der_kluge
05-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Check out the Harper tree. It has some an enhancement (maybe more than one?) that allows you to augment a summon. It occurred to me that, with Augment Summoning, and a stack of Druid past lives, one could build out a Harper tree and have some really bad ass summons.

Gauthaag
05-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Tier 5:
Banishing Touch: In knowing how to bring creatures into the world, you are now aware of how to send them back. You have a touch attack that acts like the Banish spell, with a DC of the (creatures hit dice * 0.25) + caster level.

Healing Mists (passive): All cloud spells – Obscuring Mist, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Sleetstorm, Stinking Cloud, Solid Fog, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud – will heal any party members in them for 1d4/1d6/2d6 HP every 2 seconds. You may only have 2 Mist enhancers active at any given time. Cost 10/12/15 SP per cast.

Grand Summoning (passive): Your summoned creatures (via Summon Monster I – IX) gain an additional 4 CR every 2 caster levels. Both summoned creatures and the conjurer’s per also do 2d6 acid damage per hit.

Word of Mouth (active): the spells Power Word: Kill, Power Word: Stun, and Power Word: Blind have their cooldowns halved, for an additional 10 SP per spell.

Swarm (active): Summons a cloud of voracious magical insects and unleashes them on your enemies. The insect cloud will slowly home on the target, and when it strikes insects will burst outward, affecting every enemy within the area of effect. Enemies hit by the insects take 1d10 + 2 acid damage, plus 1 to 6 per 3 caster levels, every 2 seconds for 16 seconds., with no save. Likewise, the affected creature must make a successful reflex save, or be blinded for 2d6 seconds. Cost: 40 SP.

ad banishing touch - so your DC gets higher the stronger target is? thats kinda weird

ad Word of Mouth - all Power words are Enchantment spell originally, idk why power word kill is considered conjuration spell in DDO - so there is no logic to put those on top tier of conjurers abilities

bsquishwizzy
05-04-2015, 12:23 PM
It is more about how you "implemented" this. Notice that each stance have a type, and you can only have one of each stance type active at once. Examples:

Arcane Archer cores are "Arcane Archer Secondary Imbue Toggle"
Arcane Archer stances in the tree itself are "Arcane Archer Imbue Toggle"
Archer's Focus and IPS are "Offensive Ranged Stance"
Precision, Combat expertise, Power Attack and Resilience are "Combat Stance"
Shiradi's stances are "Shiradi Ranged Stance"

And so on. Your implementation is more on line with how Metamagics work, but then they should have been toggles, and not passives. It was a description problem, not one with the options you gave.

Well, like I said, I’m just kinda throwing stuff up against a wall to see what “sticks.”

That is an interesting long-term idea, one tree for each specialized school (Pale Master already being for necromancy). We just need a ton of extra abjuration, illusion and transmutation spells before we can base a whole tree on them.

LOL. Wholeheartedly agree.

I’ve put suggestions up there to implement spells like Weird, and the other Illusion spells. I honestly think that Illusion could *easily* be expanded.

bsquishwizzy
05-04-2015, 12:26 PM
So. . When I venture into some epic elite quests, I will have to fight 200 or so monsters. They have 8000 hp and do 300 damage hits.

How many of those 8,000 hp and 300 dmg per hit monsters can I expect the conjurer ' s pet to kill out of that 200. If he can't kill at least 2 of them, he would account for less than 1% of my dps despite taking up 40 Enhancement points. I'd bet better off with an action boost.

Yeah, but that's the problem with summons in general. After 20, Summon Monster I - IX are almost totally useless. So, somehow tacking CR to actual caster level, then adding various buffs per a Conjurer tree was a thought I was going with.

bsquishwizzy
05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
With all do respect, Conjuration is not only about acid, cloud and healing. There is more than that. I like your idea, but you need to spend more time on your idea I think. And also change the capstone (it's not very interesting).

As I stated before, I'm working with the spells a wizard already has available.

bsquishwizzy
05-04-2015, 12:31 PM
ad banishing touch - so your DC gets higher the stronger target is? thats kinda weird

If it is no better than the spell, then there is literally no reason to take it. Because if you have the DCs to pull of Dimiss and Banish 100%, there would be ZERO reason to add a third (especially when Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee do the ultimate form of dismissal – they kill).

ad Word of Mouth - all Power words are Enchantment spell originally, idk why power word kill is considered conjuration spell in DDO - so there is no logic to put those on top tier of conjurers abilities

Well, that’s where they put them in DDO. So that’s what I went with.

bsquishwizzy
05-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Also I would like some more stuff for summons. Lets be honest, even if you multiply summons HP, and damage by 10 they still don't do anything. DC's are non existent, damage is about 1/1000 of anything that matters (if you include attack speed/how often they do anything it might be even less, depending on summon), and only thing they do is mess you up by drawing agro, activating traps, and destroying your AOE's and CC. Charmed monsters have about X100 more HP, damage, and amount you can get(I am exaggerating a bit, but still), and they still are barely worth it, only because they CC monsters.

Almost 100% agreed. I’m not a big one for doing all of the calculations and determining what’s balanced and what’s not. But it would be nice that they could scale-up a summon to match content.

Maybe add some more summons, and maybe have them be already buffed as they are summoned? Have them already have Elemental resists, death ward, heroism and stuff?

Yeah, but you can case those independently. You can buff your summons like you can a party member, so that fact makes pre-buffed summons a little pointless. However, something like paralyzing attacks and stuff like that? That’s something you can’t add to a summon via spells.

Also Restoration, healing of statuses, teleportation, and holy damage, soul spells (rise dead, trap the soul,PWK), and conjuring arrows and turrets. More utility would be nice. Maybe make it so that this is useful on divines, and maybe as splash on Artificers, or rangers. Maybe add some conjure bolts/arrows and possibly and elemental turret summon (choose element), as tier 5? Also add some alignment critical for clerics, and some maybe maximum caster level increases(like +3 or so for capstone, or +1 for cores past 12). And maybe a teleport enchantment. Everyone uses teleport scrolls anyway. Or DDoor. We need more ways to get ddor on things. I am tired of always being human for dragon mark, when I don't have the spell. Or at least free Word of Recall.

I think a Conjurer PrE in your major conjuration classes wouldn’t be a bad idea. However, you’d probably have to implement these different per class given that each class has different spells.

Also maybe aura of detoxification, or divine/acid/fire damage, to be more damage focused alternative of radiant servant? Would say give the aura to your summons, but auras are really laggy. Maybe a special summon with aura?

In that case, perhaps putting that stuff in the various “mists” wasn’t a bad idea then.

Gauthaag
05-05-2015, 05:10 AM
If it is no better than the spell, then there is literally no reason to take it. Because if you have the DCs to pull of Dimiss and Banish 100%, there would be ZERO reason to add a third (especially when Finger of Death and Wail of the Banshee do the ultimate form of dismissal – they kill).

Well, that’s where they put them in DDO. So that’s what I went with.

ad banishing) - nope, if the spell has better chance to hit the harder target is, it s something wrong. imho making dc constructed same way as for regular spell - ie without penalty for creature HD should be enough.

ad pwer words) - only Power word, Kill is in conjuration (still for no reason) in DDO, others are in enchantment school, where they belong. So putting PWK aside, theres no reason to add the other ones to such feat.

bsquishwizzy
05-05-2015, 08:36 AM
ad banishing) - nope, if the spell has better chance to hit the harder target is, it s something wrong. imho making dc constructed same way as for regular spell - ie without penalty for creature HD should be enough.

Fair enough. Once again, I was just throwing an idea out there.

ad pwer words) - only Power word, Kill is in conjuration (still for no reason) in DDO, others are in enchantment school, where they belong. So putting PWK aside, theres no reason to add the other ones to such feat.

Nope, you’re right.

And what would you suggest as an alternative?

Edit: One thing that comes to mind would be something like “Aggro Magnet” where your clouds and / or summons immediately grab aggro of the surrounding mobs, regardless if they are aggro-ed on you.

Angelic-council
05-05-2015, 12:56 PM
As I stated before, I'm working with the spells a wizard already has available.

Sweet. So this new enchantment is specifically designed for wizards? or available to sorcerers as well :).

bsquishwizzy
05-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Sweet. So this new enchantment is specifically designed for wizards? or available to sorcerers as well :).

I don't see why it couldn't be for both.

I saw the Conjurer notes in the wiki. They looked a little dated.