PDA

View Full Version : Ghallanda Unavailable - Thursday, April 30th

Cordovan
04-30-2015, 10:41 AM
UPDATE: Ghallanda has reopened. Thank you for your patience.

Ghallanda is currently unavailable. We will keep you updated, and apologize while we continue to work on the server.

Raezar
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
This has went way beyond a minor inconvience. Something must be done, this is a paid game. We are not getting to play, so soon you will not be getting paid. Fix it, buy a new server, or merge us with another server.

Dragavon
04-30-2015, 10:54 AM
This has gone too far now.

Time to give active players on Ghallanda a free transfer to another server, and let Ghallanda die. It is obviously beyond resurrection.

ToastyFred
04-30-2015, 10:57 AM
This has gone too far now.

Time to give active players on Ghallanda a free transfer to another server, and let Ghallanda die. It is obviously beyond resurrection.

What if there's a person who is CAUSING it to crash directly or is up to shenanigans and as a result of those shenanigans causing the crashes? What if you close down Ghallanda and make this user (along with everyone else on Ghallanda) move to another server? See my point?

Xanthrawl
04-30-2015, 10:59 AM
At the risk of infractions/banning for saying how I really feel about all of this, I will simply say that this is pathetic.

Cordovan
04-30-2015, 11:04 AM
We continue to investigate all possible causes for the repeated crashes on Ghallanda. We did significant hardware work yesterday with the aim of resolving this, but clearly we still have more investigation and work to do.

oveione
04-30-2015, 11:04 AM
The time for your Apologies has long gone!!! Your service is shocking and you are not fulfilling you side of the agreement. Having played mmo's for 20 years or so I have never had to put up with a service disruption like this its almost like I'm playing a beta test game trying to find bugs. We the players of Ghallanda server deserve better then this **** you are currently giving us. No more Apologies No more fobbing us off. Either sort it (and I mean in the next day or two) or offer everyone the option to transfer their characters/guilds to a different server free of charge as a goodwill gesture do to your lack of Professionalism and Incompetence.

Hobgoblin
04-30-2015, 11:07 AM
but clearly we still have more investigation and work to do.

really?

What was your first clue?

All snark aside,

This is seriously making me not want to play anymore.

I have been a vip for 7 years now.

Even though it would be better to go prem, i stayed vip to support a game I love.

I know that I am just one small cog, but if you get enough people quitting, this game will die.

peace out

MadCookieQueen
04-30-2015, 11:10 AM
We continue to investigate all possible causes for the repeated crashes on Ghallanda. We did significant hardware work yesterday with the aim of resolving this, but clearly we still have more investigation and work to do.

Clearly.

(I had a long tirade written out, but thought better than to listen to my shoulder devil of rage. Instead I'm going to go find the Angry Mob picture)

Livmo
04-30-2015, 11:13 AM
I can understand why people are upset.

I know not everyone does, or wants, or would like to play on different servers, but that is what I do. Usually when one server is having issues I'll play on another.

However, I haven't been able to log onto G-Land, or when I do get in, I've had to exit due to crippling lag (jumping in place). It seems G-Land has been red allot the last month after I autheticate.

Its been a long while since I've been able to chit chat with my friends on G-Land. I'm not sure what can be done or what will happen, but I miss my friends there.

My main sever is Sarlona and I would be more than happy to take in any refugees and help with crafting, items, pots, ship, etc. I have 5 guilds and 3 with airships, but they aren't as fancy as my G-Land set-up, but still have some good buffs. I don;t ship buff much, but can fill the cargo hold with old school buffs no problem. My main Sarlona guild has both the Cannith Crafting Hall and Green Steel crafting hall. I already have the plat depostied for the L70 ship. Guild is currently 64.

If G-Land was the only server I played on, I would be going bananas right now.

I hope it all works out and G-Land gets fixed soon. I hate to seem folks suffer from the DTs.

Whippy
04-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Asking for a server swap seems extreme, wouldn't want to split up guilds and leave friends from other guilds. Merging with another server could be the answer, but it would have to be able to accomodate all the extra people. Might just lead to even more lag.

ToastyFred
04-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Thank God I'm a Khyber boy!

Kawai
04-30-2015, 11:34 AM
i hear Wayfinder has openings :)

capnbd
04-30-2015, 11:37 AM
What if there's a person who is CAUSING it to crash directly or is up to shenanigans and as a result of those shenanigans causing the crashes? What if you close down Ghallanda and make this user (along with everyone else on Ghallanda) move to another server? See my point?

If this was somehow possible, the type of person who does this sort of thing wouldn't confine themselves to a single server and wouldn't wait so long between crashes. This problem is due to either Turbines unwillingness or inability to properly fix the issue.

Sofianna
04-30-2015, 11:43 AM
I can only speak for paying monthly subscribers like myself the sheer frustration and utter disappointment over the past month with regards to the stability of Ghallanda server. There is only but 24 mere hours in a day. Out of that, factor in RL work responsibilities, family duties and such. What are we left with ? Albeit few hours a day to PAY to play. When these mere short hours that we WANT to play is hampered by server lag and freezes leading to total server downtime for unpredictable hours at a time, it leaves people like myself with NOTHING except the feeling of being a VIP customer that feels like a fool PAYING for a subscription that doesn't really quite exist and is volatile.

I've heard many ppl suggest : offer free account transfer as a possible solution. But money does not equate into the time spent to build reputation on a server, whether its a character or a guild. Especially so for the long running guilds who have worked hard and invested time AND money into old style guild level progression ships, amenities and such. My guild SAGE is one of those. An account or character(s) transfer isn't going to magically grant you that. It still leaves us with nothing except characters on a different server with no place to call home.

The mob is getting angrier and restless by the PAYING minute, let me remind you guys every time you post a : "we are currently investigating" downtime notification.

And character transfer is NOT a solution.

Barbarbar
04-30-2015, 11:47 AM
I`ve been patiently waiting 3 weeks without posting or crying for compensation like others did from day one,the lag is reduced dramatically after months of crippling our gameplay but enough is enough.

No matter how many times you apologize Jerry the damage is already done and your Superiors have to take some drastic actions at last.

Some of the finest players quitted because of Lag months ago,now the remaining like myself reduced their playtimes by alot! and i am not talking about flowersniffing weekend casuals i am talking about veterans,beta players and extreme "endgame" maniacs from the top guilds (you know,the guys that actually spent and keep spending big money on this game).

We had people paying to come to Ghallanda because of Omni and the fact that we were more active than most of the servers,now the same people regret this decision greatly.

Keep discouraging people to play and even with a fixed server there wont be anyone left playing on it.

Augon
04-30-2015, 11:50 AM
The time for your Apologies has long gone!!! Your service is shocking and you are not fulfilling you side of the agreement. Having played mmo's for 20 years or so I have never had to put up with a service disruption like this its almost like I'm playing a beta test game trying to find bugs. We the players of Ghallanda server deserve better then this **** you are currently giving us. No more Apologies No more fobbing us off. Either sort it (and I mean in the next day or two) or offer everyone the option to transfer their characters/guilds to a different server free of charge as a goodwill gesture do to your lack of Professionalism and Incompetence.

And if they don't apologize everyone will flame "They don't even apologize for the bad service!"

I've worked on computer networks for 20 years and sometimes computer issues are very difficult to find. Often its very easy to fix, but finding the issue can be difficult and a long process. Sometimes that process is long and drawn out. And there is no way an arbitrary time frame is going to motivate the technicians any more than they are already motivated.

That said, I will also state that after 20 years of working on computer networks, sometimes it comes down to hard decisions and drastic measures. It may mean completely swapping out all hardware (i.e. the entire server cluster that is G'land). It may mean that a scheduled 2 extra hours of downtime isn't enough - maybe tell us that G'land will be brought down for a week for reconstruction. Most folks wouldn't be happy about that, but they'd get over it once it came back on line if it was working better. Drop a few surprises on us raider box style and everyone will be ok.

Once that was done, I would probably announce that it is coming back on for "Live Load Testing" - which means its coming back on for everyone to jump on but that we don't have perfect confidence until we see what happens once everyone is back on. The server load does make a difference in performance. Possibly even say, its only going to be online for 6 hours. And if the 6 hours goes well, say its been extended for 6 more hours. You get the picture - lower expectations. :) And keep in mind, the problem might not be in the hardware and that entire hardware swap could be a waste of time and money. But that very expensive test will at least eliminate all that hardware from consideration and troubleshooting must move on. I've recently had an entire network brought to dialup speed until a single checkbox was unchecked on the firewall - the fix took 2 seconds. The discovery of what to do to fix it took 2 days.

I'm guessing processing server transfers for every single player on G'land would take more resources than they have to spare for that to be a viable option. And once the server was fixed, it would be another Wayfinder that is having a hard time rebuilding its population base. Of course, constant downtime is probably going to cause folks to roll up elsewhere anyway. So they may have a active population problem soon in any case.

Well, good luck Turbine at figuring this one out.

Impaqt
04-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Seriously, At this point, Merge Ghallanda into Wayfinder and call it a day.

Raezar
04-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I can only speak for paying monthly subscribers like myself the sheer frustration and utter disappointment over the past month with regards to the stability of Ghallanda server. There is only but 24 mere hours in a day. Out of that, factor in RL work responsibilities, family duties and such. What are we left with ? Albeit few hours a day to PAY to play. When these mere short hours that we WANT to play is hampered by server lag and freezes leading to total server downtime for unpredictable hours at a time, it leaves people like myself with NOTHING except the feeling of being a VIP customer that feels like a fool PAYING for a subscription that doesn't really quite exist and is volatile.

I've heard many ppl suggest : offer free account transfer as a possible solution. But money does not equate into the time spent to build reputation on a server, whether its a character or a guild. Especially so for the long running guilds who have worked hard and invested time AND money into old style guild level progression ships, amenities and such. My guild SAGE is one of those. An account or character(s) transfer isn't going to magically grant you that. It still leaves us with nothing except characters on a different server with no place to call home.

The mob is getting angrier and restless by the PAYING minute, let me remind you guys every time you post a : "we are currently investigating" downtime notification.

And character transfer is NOT a solution.

I understand your point, but as just coming to G-land a few months ago from Thelanis assure you that it isn't that hard to reestablish yourself on a different server. I had played on Thelanis for several years before moving to G-land and had a great reputation there and many friends. The people that I have played with on G-land have been very friendly and I feel like I am building a good rapport. Also at the end of the day it is about being able to play the game, which atm we cannot do on G-land.

capnbd
04-30-2015, 11:58 AM
I understand your point, but as just coming to G-land a few months ago from Thelanis assure you that it isn't that hard to reestablish yourself on a different server.

I've got 2 first life 20+ and my main is currently only on his third life. I've got a single completed greensteel and enough mats for probably 2 more full pieces, a smattering of useful heroic raid gear (played a lot during update 12, just now came back) and the idea of starting fresh on another server horrifies me. You want me to play a fresh character without my abbot quiver? No way.

I can't even imagine the people who'd be leaving behind fully kitted out completionist toons and/or decked out epic level characters. I'll quit before I start fresh on a new server. If Turbine can't fix the server they need to let us off of it.

*edit*

Hilarious that the combination of the words Turd and Bine gets caught by the censor.

Flavilandile
04-30-2015, 12:05 PM
At that point, and since it appears the server guys still have no clue of what is happening, can you kick upstairs the idea that a commercial move might be in order to calm everybody ?

ToastyFred
04-30-2015, 12:06 PM
If this was somehow possible, the type of person who does this sort of thing wouldn't confine themselves to a single server and wouldn't wait so long between crashes.
Not necessarily. Suppose this person found a way to dupe (the side effect caused the server to crash) and they had all of their toons on Ghallanda and he or she was able to keep his/her methods to himself or herself?

Why would he or she do this on another server? They may not have any toons worth playing on any other server.

This is but one scenario where I could see the "problem" staying only with Ghallanda. I'm sure there are others.

This problem is due to either Turbines unwillingness or inability to properly fix the issue.

Well, that's fairly obvious.

Raezar
04-30-2015, 12:07 PM
I've got 2 first life 20+ and my main is currently only on his third life. I've got a single completed greensteel and enough mats for probably 2 more full pieces, a smattering of useful heroic raid gear (played a lot during update 12, just now came back) and the idea of starting fresh on another server horrifies me. You want me to play a fresh character without my abbot quiver? No way.

I can't even imagine the people who'd be leaving behind fully kitted out completionist toons and/or decked out epic level characters. I'll quit before I start fresh on a new server. If Turbine can't fix the server they need to let us off of it.

*edit*

Hilarious that the combination of the words Turd and Bine gets caught by the censor.

Didn't mean to start fresh :) I transferred 3 toons here. Meaning they need to transfer peoples toons too other servers at no charge.

snoopy
04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Turbine is using the best 3rd party parts they could get from cuba that they overnight expressed the other day, hope they saved the receipt.

But seriously after 9 years of paying VIP this is the saddest customer service i've seen. we should be given compensation or a free transfer.

Barbarbar
04-30-2015, 12:12 PM
And ofc we have the Tech guys with 50 years of experience,people defending Turbine by blaming *Haxzorzzz* and the it sucks to be from Ghallanda trolls throwing their 2 cents.

I am surprised Uurlock haven`t popped spamming his huge signature and his Kobold Forces yet.

jalont
04-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Didn't mean to start fresh :) I transferred 3 toons here. Meaning they need to transfer peoples toons too other servers at no charge.

As someone trying to go through a paid transfer currently, I'm not sure the manpower exists to do a mass free transfer. I mean, sure, they could do it, but enjoy your 9 months of waiting before it gets done.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
04-30-2015, 12:14 PM

ONLY if they rename Wayfinder to Ghallanda! :D

Raezar
04-30-2015, 12:17 PM
As someone trying to go through a paid transfer currently, I'm not sure the manpower exists to do a mass free transfer. I mean, sure, they could do it, but enjoy your 9 months of waiting before it gets done.

As the population decreases from server crashes, the length of server transfers will drastically get shorter lol

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
04-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Cordovan,

I fully support what you guys are doing, but at this point, one/two sentence reports are not good enough.

You are GOING TO NEED TO elaborate at this point.

A "gift" will help... but it will not keep ANYONE playing who doesnt truly understand what is going on.. Better communication in the form of more details WILL keep people. Even if it doesn't have a definite ETA.

You will lose players permanently if this doesn't happen. The bleeding has already begun.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Well I am a little worried that My 9 years worth of gaming is going to all disappear if the server never comes back online:(

Is there a way to transfer my 2 accounts on the same username (from merging over from Codemasters) to another server? How long is this going to take to fix Ghallanda if it is at all fixable?

I'm unhappy that this has been happening a lot. Is there going to be any nice compensation for our inconvenience?

I love Turbine and support you guys because you make excellent games with amazing content. I just want to be able to play it :)

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:20 PM
ONLY if they rename Wayfinder to Ghallanda! :D

Isn't Wayfinder a German server? I would not like to be transferred to that server.

elkorm
04-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Clearly.

(I had a long tirade written out, but thought better than to listen to my shoulder devil of rage. Instead I'm going to go find the Angry Mob picture)

angry mobbbbb...that's a good idea K :)

Elk

Whippy
04-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Cordovan,

I fully support what you guys are doing, but at this point, one/two sentence reports are not good enough.

You are GOING TO NEED TO elaborate at this point.

A "gift" will help... but it will not keep ANYONE playing who doesnt truly understand what is going on.. Better communication in the form of more details WILL keep people. Even if it doesn't have a definite ETA.

You will lose players permanently if this doesn't happen. The bleeding has already begun.

I'd settle for an owlbear or a mini owlbear to follow me round. I was on a break from game when you could get them and I would really like one now! Oh and a wee bit of explanation would help, yes.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:26 PM
I'd settle for an owlbear or a mini owlbear to follow me round. I was on a break from game when you could get them and I would really like one now! Oh and a wee bit of explanation would help, yes.

What use is an owlbear when the server is not playable?... I still think a server transfer is the best idea.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Looking back at all the "Ghallanda is down again" messages in the Ghallanda forum is making me a little agitated! I just want to play the game!

Please Turbine... Can we have an update?

Deadlock
04-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Isn't Wayfinder a German server? I would not like to be transferred to that server.

No. It's not.

IconicHero
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
I think out of all the servers i have tried over the years i feel at home with the people on ghallanda I would not want to change. As someone with multiple accts me, my wife, a bank acct that used to be vip but is now just storage for both of us with the biggest guild ship and a guild we worked hard on I would quit the game if they did a character transfer or account transfer so much would be lost! I also heard doing a server merge but if you like me then your playing with people you don't know or maybe a server you already tried and didn't like I would prefer a server merge if it had to happen to a new server that would be our own Ghallanda 2 maybe! I know it sounds weird but i choose ghallanda for the people not for the name!

ToastyFred
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
I thought it was... Was it ever a German speaking server?

It was originally.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:37 PM

No. It's not.

Dandonk
04-30-2015, 12:38 PM

Yes, it used to be. But that was a while ago now.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 12:38 PM
I think out of all the servers i have tried over the years i feel at home with the people on ghallanda I would not want to change. As someone with multiple accts me, my wife, a bank acct that used to be vip but is now just storage for both of us with the biggest guild ship and a guild we worked hard on I would quit the game if they did a character transfer or account transfer so much would be lost! I also heard doing a server merge but if you like me then your playing with people you don't know or maybe a server you already tried and didn't like I would prefer a server merge if it had to happen to a new server that would be our own Ghallanda 2 maybe! I know it sounds weird but i choose ghallanda for the people not for the name!

I meant a merge not a transfer... Silly me :)

ArchStriker
04-30-2015, 12:43 PM

/thread

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
04-30-2015, 12:44 PM
I know it sounds weird but i choose ghallanda for the people not for the name!

Well of course! Same here. However many people identify themselves with Ghallanda as much as DDO. I can point you to people that will not play with another server name. Sadly I can even point you to people who will not play on another server even if they merge and rename it to Ghallanda.

At this point, this will cost Turbine no matter what they do, so the most cost-effective solution in my eyes is the one that gets to the solution the fastest at this point.

Because at the end of the day, people just want to play. And yes, many want to play with their friends and in fact is the reason they still play DDO.

MonadRebelion
04-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Merging servers seems like a good idea to me. I think Merging all the servers onto one is the best thing they could do for the game at this point.

MadCookieQueen
04-30-2015, 12:56 PM
And yes, many want to play with their friends and in fact is the reason they still play DDO.

I completely agree with this.

If it wasn't for friends and hanging out with the hubby...I wouldn't be playing anymore.

Sofianna
04-30-2015, 12:57 PM
I understand your point, but as just coming to G-land a few months ago from Thelanis assure you that it isn't that hard to reestablish yourself on a different server. I had played on Thelanis for several years before moving to G-land and had a great reputation there and many friends. The people that I have played with on G-land have been very friendly and I feel like I am building a good rapport. Also at the end of the day it is about being able to play the game, which atm we cannot do on G-land.

No, it definitely isn't difficult to re-establish yourself on a new server as you have done if you already have a welcoming established guild and familiar faces, I agree with you on that.

And at the end of the day, what if what we want is to NOT PLAY anymore due to persistent unresolved downtime ? My VIP subscription is yearly since playing on European servers back in 2006. VIP People like myself in the same situation should be given the choice to terminate that altogether and ask for a calculated refund - least ask for ANY compensation. What say you now, Turbine ?

Archetype
04-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Ghallanda downtime made me mow my lawn a week EARLY this year! :(

But that led to an epiphany:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeS1Q5bFyRcat8YR1krj7NeE_wcOot1 4LY9pa3DGdE4OkbpCk2

so it was worth it.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:04 PM
It's 7pm here in England... Will the server be up at all today? Please Turbine... An update would be really welcome right now.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:05 PM
Ghallanda downtime made me mow my lawn a week EARLY this year! :(

But that led to an epiphany:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeS1Q5bFyRcat8YR1krj7NeE_wcOot1 4LY9pa3DGdE4OkbpCk2

so it was worth it.

Haha That made me chuckle!

IconicHero
04-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Merging servers seems like a good idea to me. I think Merging all the servers onto one is the best thing they could do for the game at this point.

the renamed toons, missing items and look at all they have added since then guild airship, shared bank and bags, not sure if that would be a merge they could do now even though people talk about it a lot i believe if it was an easy choice they might have merged wayfinder already with another server!

BigGoettge
04-30-2015, 01:08 PM
VIP People like myself in the same situation should be given the choice to terminate that altogether and ask for a calculated refund - least ask for ANY compensation. What say you now, Turbine ?

Why only VIP players? What about former VIP players? Or players that are not VIP but use money on DDO store, on adventure packs and upgrades?

We all have the samne rights.

But they have generally been very silent about this - and not responded open at the forums regarding compensations or what is going on in generel.

More information would be nice!

thedirtyvingus
04-30-2015, 01:11 PM
What say you now turbine
Sorry this one actually made me laugh. Out loud. Loud enough for the wife to ask what was so funny.
Hell, even she is telling me this game is becoming a joke, and she plays farmville. How bad does this have to be, in order to know how bad this game is?
Well apparently when farmville players can insult it, it would have to be pretty bad.
Just Sayin.
Also to answer that question, I will step in and answer it myself. NOTHING.
They will say nothing. they are at least consistent with that. Way to go!!!!
Lastly, as I have stated in previous posts, the community manager is once again nowhere to be found.
And here, Cordo let me save you the time for when the servers come back up
AHEM.....
"thanks for your patience, we will see you in game!"
Just sayin

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:12 PM
the renamed toons, missing items and look at all they have added since then guild airship, shared bank and bags, not sure if that would be a merge they could do now even though people talk about it a lot i believe if it was an easy choice they might have merged wayfinder already with another server!

Come to think of it I think you may be right!

jalont
04-30-2015, 01:14 PM
What say you now turbine
Sorry this one actually made me laugh. Out loud. Loud enough for the wife to ask what was so funny.
Hell, even she is telling me this game is becoming a joke, and she plays farmville. How bad does this have to be, in order to know how bad this game is?
Well apparently when farmville players can insult it, it would have to be pretty bad.
Just Sayin.
Also to answer that question, I will step in and answer it myself. NOTHING.
They will say nothing. they are at least consistent with that. Way to go!!!!
Lastly, as I have stated in previous posts, the community manager is once again nowhere to be found.
And here, Cordo let me save you the time for when the servers come back up
AHEM.....
"thanks for your patience, we will see you in game!"
Just sayin

Ugh. Go back to your other forum. You're almost as irrelevant here as you are there.

TheTrader
04-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Why only VIP players? What about former VIP players? Or players that are not VIP but use money on DDO store, on adventure packs and upgrades?

We all have the samne rights.

But they have generally been very silent about this - and not responded open at the forums regarding compensations or what is going on in generel.

More information would be nice!

if your not paying to play the game like vip's they would be no compensation to consider! I understand yes you can not play the game like the rest of us but vip's pay for it yearly! In the few times they have done something like that it is a day or week added and you don't even notice it!

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:16 PM
ugh. Go back to your other forum. You're almost as irrelevant here as you are there.

pmsl

BigGoettge
04-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Not saying they would - but they should!

Money is money - and i can contribute with more cash than a VIP players yearly contribution only through ddo store, that is not insignifacant!!!! :)

Actually i would guess that many players out there contribute more than many VIP players just by using DDO sotre :)

brzytki
04-30-2015, 01:19 PM
if your not paying to play the game like vip's they would be no compensation to consider! I understand yes you can not play the game like the rest of us but vip's pay for it yearly! In the few times they have done something like that it is a day or week added and you don't even notice it!

I can answer this, because premiums pay too. Some premiums pay more than vips. You can't compensate one group of paying customers and do nothing for another group of paying customers just because the former pays regularly or in advance and the latter not so regularly.

MonadRebelion
04-30-2015, 01:20 PM

Missing items and character renames sound minor to me. I think the benefits far out way the, what seem to me, minor annoyances. I do suspect you are right that it must not be an easy thing to do. I suspect if it was they would have already done it.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH I just want to play! I need my DDO fix! Please turbine! You're killing me here!

IconicHero
04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Not saying they would - but they should!

Money is money - and i can contribute with more cash than a VIP players yearly contribution only through ddo store, that is not insignifacant!!!! :)

Actually i would guess that many players out there contribute more than many VIP players just by using DDO sotre :)

but like thetrader said your not paying a monthly premium you can purchase from the ddo store anytime the game is up! So harder to compensate for that with money that is why i tend to think they lean to extending special weeks like they did with the xp boast from the first elemental week of fire! That way they cover all the players not just some!

Brandall
04-30-2015, 01:25 PM
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH I just want to play! I need my DDO fix! Please turbine! You're killing me here!

Agreed, just put my daughter down for a nap, its time to play!

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Cordovan just sent me a PM to tell me that my Signature image size was too large... I immediately deleted it (as I did not know there were such restrictions and didn't want to anger anyone). I replied asking for an update... So They are reading the messages but choose not to answer... That makes me sad. Hopefully they will respond soon.

Dazednconfused
04-30-2015, 01:34 PM
I've been more than patient. I'm not angry at the staff, they have always been quite helpful to me. That said, I put in my ticket for a server transfer. my bigger question is what to do with my guild. I don't want to lose it. I honestly don't want to move servers, I just don't see an alternative. If everyone on Ghallanda were to send in a ticket requesting a server change, that might really send a message to management, that this has gotten out of hand, and it's time to make a more drastic compensation available to those of us caught here. It's been a month now, and it's not fixed.

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:35 PM
I've been more than patient. I'm not angry at the staff, they have always been quite helpful to me. That said, I put in my ticket for a server transfer. my bigger question is what to do with my guild. I don't want to lose it. I honestly don't want to move servers, I just don't see an alternative. If everyone on Ghallanda were to send in a ticket requesting a server change, that might really send a message to management, that this has gotten out of hand, and it's time to make a more drastic compensation available to those of us caught here. It's been a month now, and it's not fixed.

I don't want a transfer... I would lose my guild and airship which I paid for! This is not a practical solution!

jalont
Cordovan just sent me a PM to tell me that my Signature image size was too large... I immediately deleted it (as I did not know there were such restrictions and didn't want to anger anyone). I replied asking for an update... So They are reading the messages but choose not to answer... That makes me sad. Hopefully they will respond soon.

There is nothing to answer. If they knew what was wrong, they would have fixed it.

skorpeon
Agreed, just put my daughter down for a nap, its time to play!

Kids and even wife tucked into bed, now where is my DDO. I am going to be away 3 days so was just hopping to get one more thing on my shopping list. Grrrr, well I guess I can watch some tv? why does that just not seem to appeal anymore?

Charitee
04-30-2015, 01:37 PM
There is nothing to answer. If they knew what was wrong, they would have fixed it.

Yes there is... An ETA on when server is fixed or how about what the issue actually is or how about hey.... This is how we want to keep you happy...

WVWY
04-30-2015, 01:37 PM
gave me plenty of time to cancel my VIP account. People will vote with their virtual feet.

Brandall
04-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Yes there is... An ETA on when server is fixed or how about what the issue actually is or how about hey.... This is how we want to keep you happy...

Someone got back from the store with the duct tape and a fresh batch of Hamsters it seems

Cordovan
04-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Ghallanda has reopened. Thank you for your patience.

capnbd
04-30-2015, 01:44 PM

Who here has displayed the slightest bit of patience?

MadCookieQueen
04-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Who here has displayed the slightest bit of patience?

The Doctor...

that's Who.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
04-30-2015, 01:54 PM
I completely agree with this.

If it wasn't for friends and hanging out with the hubby...I wouldn't be playing anymore.

This is what makes the DDO playerbase the great community that it is. Regardless of player style or guild purpose, we can relate as a community and accomplish things together by banding together. It sounds like bull, but its true.

Guild are the life blood of DDO, and the lifeblood of each and every server. If we as guild leaders help make it fun for our guildies by playing together, DDO will stay profitable at the end of the day. I truly believe that we are part of the solution.

ToastyFred
04-30-2015, 01:56 PM

ETA on when it might go down again Cordo?

Just kidding.

G_Lich
04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
reopened read: not fixed

Fedora1
04-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Wow, 3 hours.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
04-30-2015, 02:10 PM
reopened read: not fixed

No. But I'll take OPEN anyday over CLOSED.

axel15810
04-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear about all this for you G-Land folks.

Brendael
04-30-2015, 03:31 PM
I understand your point, but as just coming to G-land a few months ago from Thelanis assure you that it isn't that hard to reestablish yourself on a different server...

I moved from Orien to G'Land about two years ago because of low server populations. I started from scratch. AS don't persist between servers. I still haven't managed to farm a pinion in that time. If you think that I am going to grind out another set of T3 TF armour and a T3 weapon - that is about 100 runs of those raids then you must be smoking more than tabacco.

If I have to start from scratch I will walk away from the game entirely.

As a veteran of 15 years of software development I cannot understand how Turbine doesn't have the ability to log what is going on and fix the damn issue properly for once and for all.

BigGoettge
04-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Another way to compensate ingame could be a stack of Mysterious Remnants (a proper stack)

I would be satisfied with that!

Just throwing ideas :)

Brendael
04-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Another way to compensate ingame could be a stack of Mysterious Remnants (a proper stack)

Stupid potions that can be bought from vendors and a stupid glowing tiara. No thanks.

BigGoettge
04-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Stupid potions that can be bought from vendors and a stupid glowing tiara. No thanks.

No i would go for the bracers/cloaks :)

It's a matter of taste :)

Brendael
04-30-2015, 03:42 PM

I don't think words can describe how sick and tired I am of reading that same line day in and day out.

Dragavon
04-30-2015, 04:41 PM

Bah, humbug.

A couple of months free VIP would be suitable.

mbartol
05-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Ugh. Go back to your other forum.

What forum is this?