PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Tuesday, April 28th

Cordovan
04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, April 28th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Special note: Ghallanda Downtime: 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) - Ghallanda is being brought down at 6:00 AM Eastern for maintenance, and will reopen along with the other servers.

thedirtyvingus
04-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Everybody stop what you are doing.......

THE COMMUNITY MANAGER LIVES!!!!!!!!
Odd though, Still no word about the latest "crash" or word on anything in regards to, well, ANYTHING. Keep it up boys. Top notch work! (<-- sarcasm, in the event you are unaware)
Just Sayin

changelingamuck
04-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Everybody stop what you are doing.......

THE COMMUNITY MANAGER LIVES!!!!!!!!
Odd though, Still no word about the latest "crash" or word on anything in regards to, well, ANYTHING. Keep it up boys. Top notch work! (<-- sarcasm, in the event you are unaware)
Just Sayin

Congratulations on being anonymously obnoxious to a stranger over the internet.

cyreme
04-28-2015, 12:07 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, April 28th from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for an update to the game. Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Special note: Ghallanda Downtime: 6:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) - Ghallanda is being brought down at 6:00 AM Eastern for maintenance, and will reopen along with the other servers.

Good to know things are going to get fixed. Hopefully store bug will be addressed in this. Ty for letting us know (and keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else breaks). Appreciate your efforts.

Lencrennis
04-28-2015, 01:38 AM
Now, this is not an endorsement of Ayn Rand's work, but the decline of the servers over the past few years really does seem to follow the whole Atlas Shrugged methodology. How long do we have before we get to the 'mechanic trying to fix the deathray' scene?

moomooprincess
04-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Over or under 12 PM eastern? For some reason, I am thinking over. But I won't mind being wrong.

slarden
04-28-2015, 06:07 AM
I am looking forward to the changes to rogue!

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Release Notes! (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-patch-2-release-notes)

Wantermage
04-28-2015, 07:09 AM
release notes! (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-patch-2-release-notes)

404 not found

Frogger1234
04-28-2015, 07:11 AM
404 not found

link works now

Nyata
04-28-2015, 07:11 AM
:) stop doing downtimes at times that perfectly fits with my personal schedule! got home from morning shift, had time to check on my auctions before game went down, and now it's time for chores anyway. And release notes like 8 minutes into the downtime? must be a new record :)

shadowballer
04-28-2015, 07:12 AM
link works now

No it doesnt.

edit: now it works.

slarden
04-28-2015, 07:15 AM

Looks great! I love the assassin changes!

One quick question. I saw this on the known issues list:

Divine Grace is not currently limiting its saving throw benefit based on Paladin level. This change will be done for a future game update.

At one point Executive Producer Severlin stated that he was leaning towards not nerfing divine grace after all. Any word on the status? Should this be pulled from the known issues list?

Nestroy
04-28-2015, 07:17 AM
Release notes, my 1ct.:

Champ drops doubled? From 0 to 2*0? Interesting what they will look like then ^^.

OK, I will test Rogue enhancements. After the last time fiasco I expect they work now? We will see!

Hires - still dumb as rock but at least 2 main bugs got fixed. Will be tested. Fine.

Items of ToEE - bugs (at least some) are fied. Drop rates?! What good are bug fixes for when all I find are those lousy Wand of Wonders? Please fix loottables too!

Monsters: Panthers count as lions - nice one here. Albeit OK - would perhaps rename the category into "fiendish great-cats" and "natural great-cats" - would be more exact from a biological point of view. But fine this now does anything.

Over all: Fine update & patch. keeps me waiting for entering the game again.

Brandall
04-28-2015, 07:20 AM

Was there an issue with Ghallanda downtime? I played from 0730-0800 EST this morning on G-Land?

Kawai
04-28-2015, 07:20 AM
awesome
dex for assassins!
:)

Nyata
04-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Champ drops doubled? From 0 to 2*0? Interesting what they will look like then ^^.
[...]

uhm... why 0? I do get remnant drops. maybe keep in mind that they depend on level and CR?

Faltout
04-28-2015, 07:31 AM
The Pale Master fix is listed under rogue assassin.
Good job on the fixes.

Btw, the remnant drops are fine. The chest drops seem non-existent.

Nestroy
04-28-2015, 07:32 AM
uhm... why 0? I do get remnant drops. maybe keep in mind that they depend on level and CR?

Yeah, last run in Cursed Crypt HE yesterday, lv. 13 rogue, group only lv. 12 and lv. 13 toons. We had plenty of champs. 12 Remnants. Running up this we did Tomb of the Forbidden HE (several Orange named champs), not one single chest. I got 8 remnants from there. Yes, I would say, this is near-to Zero. On level. Plenty of CR.

While the original drop rates of chests with orange and yellow champs had been way too high, the drop rate now is just the opposite: One chest (for several dozens of them) - double this and it is still nearly nothing. I know, there are quests where you may farm these chests still, like HH or DA. But when not running the few quests where due to shoddy game design orange named mini bosses swarm like regular mobs you will search for these chests in vain.

Nascoe
04-28-2015, 07:38 AM

Divine Grace is not currently limiting its saving throw benefit based on Paladin level. This change will be done for a future game update.

At one point Executive Producer Severlin stated that he was leaning towards not nerfing divine grace after all. Any word on the status? Should this be pulled from the known issues list?

Guess that change is still pending with the remark in there to remember everyone not to get too fond of it because Turbine has warned us it will probably get changed

Deathdefy
04-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Looks good! I'm still hoping a time bomb AoE fix is on the cards.

Anyone know what "Elemental Victory" is?

Nascoe
04-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Ok, thanks for the release notes, but I think the known issues wasn't yet updated? - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues -

Date is still 10/4 and some of the highlighted issues are things the release notes claim as fixed.

legendkilleroll
04-28-2015, 07:48 AM

Yeh I wondering about that too, certainly isnt a typo of the staff as I've pulled that.

April_Kinslayer
04-28-2015, 07:48 AM
While I think the way you *fixed* remnants being farmed in HH was the equivalent of using a nuke to kill a spider, so be it. But if you are going to leave remnant chest drop rates as low as they are now, I think it would be fair if remnant chests had a minimum number of remnants per chest. It's very frustrating to finally get an orange named champion to drop a chest, only to get the typical 1 or 2 remnants. I think setting a minimum of 10 or 15 per remnant chest is appropriate.

vaniir1976
04-28-2015, 07:51 AM
I sure hope this fix also takes care of the issue I've been seeing with Quick Strike. I noticed, ever since U25, Quick Strike only gives the +25% double strike like 1/2 of the time. The other half of the time, the enhancement gets used but no double strike bonus is given.

Madja
04-28-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm very excited to see the doubling of Remnants! I personally don't think the drop-chance is too low. While it's been much better this week due to the bonus, it didn't really feel that low before.
It might be that I'm just not used to the near 100% drop-rate that seemed to be there when they were just introduced. I wasn't playing back then.

I'm thinking it might be some sort of renown token? Like the Impressive Victory?

SirShen
04-28-2015, 08:13 AM

So nothing about the ddo store being fixed.

Aishana
04-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Nice patch. Now, not to be nitpicky or anything, but is ranged combat going to get another pass anytime soon? The lack of ranged power options for non-fighters in heroic levels is a bit painful for artificers and rangers (since they're limited to weapon focus and shot on the run without fighter levels, and who takes shot on the run???) Don't get me wrong; my ranger seems to be doing...okay. But it would be nice to see precise shot/improved precise shot granting ranged power, at least. Just my two cents. :)

NeMMaNjaO
04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
At what time should servers reopen? Where i live is 16:00

slarden
04-28-2015, 08:58 AM
At what time should servers reopen? Where i live is 16:00

All of their times are Eastern Standard Time (same time zone as New York City).

NeMMaNjaO
04-28-2015, 08:59 AM
All of their times are Eastern Standard Time (same time zone as New York City).

Im lazy and don't like counting time from different zone to mine, im interested would server be open in hour or two?

Drwaz99
04-28-2015, 08:59 AM
Im lazy and don't like counting time from different zone to mine, im interested would server be open in hour or two?

Scheduled to open 2 hours from now. But in reality it may be much, much longer.

Deadlock
04-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Nice update on the Monster Manual fixes, really good to see these done, will review and revise the Monster Manual Known Issues thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/416406-Monster-Manual-Known-Issues?p=4999461#post4999461).

Question on the Ilos Hrolk, Drooam Conscript and Drooam Skirmisher - they're definitely orcs and not half-orcs? Happy either way, just to be certain that it wouldn't be better to retype these as Half-orc especially if you want to add Half-Orc as an option under Player Races further down the line.

Deadlock
04-28-2015, 09:14 AM

Delete your browser cookies and retry, works for anyone I know who has had a problem historically.

Dandonk
04-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Delete your browser cookies and retry, works for anyone I know who has had a problem historically.

Did that. Didn't work.

People have been able to log into one account, but not another - from the same conmputer. It seems to be account-related, not computer-related.

janave
04-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Welcome changes, the remnants were coming really slowly before, will be interesting to see larger piles now.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 09:36 AM

The DDO Store issue that some folks are experiencing is being resolved separately. We'll let you know as soon as it is resolved.

I sure hope this fix also takes care of the issue I've been seeing with Quick Strike. I noticed, ever since U25, Quick Strike only gives the +25% double strike like 1/2 of the time. The other half of the time, the enhancement gets used but no double strike bonus is given.

We'll check into the status of this today.

Ok, thanks for the release notes, but I think the known issues wasn't yet updated? - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534-Official-Known-Issues -

Date is still 10/4 and some of the highlighted issues are things the release notes claim as fixed.

Known Issues will be updated shortly.

Yes, I know what Elemental Victory is. :) You can find it in the Temple of Elemental Evil.

404 not found

Normally, I publish the notes, then give it a few minutes to work its way through the Intertubes before sending out the link. If I don't, like this morning when I hit publish then put the link in the thread so I could finish breakfast with my son and head out the door to get to the office, then you might run into a couple minutes where you'll see that error until the dust settles a bit.

:) stop doing downtimes at times that perfectly fits with my personal schedule! got home from morning shift, had time to check on my auctions before game went down, and now it's time for chores anyway. And release notes like 8 minutes into the downtime? must be a new record :)

Sorry. :)

I'll have to look into the status of Divine Grace, and will get back to folks.

Was there an issue with Ghallanda downtime? I played from 0730-0800 EST this morning on G-Land?

Yes. Unfortunately, an issue came up overnight that prevented us from doing the work at 6:00 AM this morning.

PNP
04-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Yes. Unfortunately, an issue came up overnight that prevented us from doing the work at 6:00 AM this morning.

Happens to me every time, it is called sleep, I would rather sleep than anything else but that is just me... lol

Cheers and thanks for the prompt answers. Very nice.

Cheers all and hope to cya in the game in about 1 hour

RotR
04-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Any ideas when the Warlock class will be put into place? and also, any clue will is be an enhancement of another class or a class of its own?
I am soooo ready to a Warlock!!!!

RotR
04-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Any ideas when the Warlock class will be put into place? and also, any clue will is be an enhancement of another class or a class of its own?
Sooooo...Ready to "PLAY" a warlock!!!

hostilus
04-28-2015, 09:59 AM

An Iconic kobold warlock.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 10:03 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Vargouille
04-28-2015, 10:05 AM
While I think the way you *fixed* remnants being farmed in HH was the equivalent of using a nuke to kill a spider, so be it. But if you are going to leave remnant chest drop rates as low as they are now, I think it would be fair if remnant chests had a minimum number of remnants per chest. It's very frustrating to finally get an orange named champion to drop a chest, only to get the typical 1 or 2 remnants. I think setting a minimum of 10 or 15 per remnant chest is appropriate.

Here's some light on Mysterious Remnants:

Miniboss chests were never intended to be a 100% drop rate (and were not actually 100% for all players all the time, but clearly were for some players much of the time).
However, the overall rate of Remnant acquiring wasn't that far off from where we wanted it.
We didn't put any intentional fix in for farming Remnants in Haunted Halls.
We did put a fix in to try to make both Remants and chests from Champions spawn in a better place, rather than a random'ish place near the Champion. Now it drops near the "player who killed the champion" (and we've seen some responses that lead us to believe this part of the change is largely functional and better than it used to be).
This fix had some side effects that we're not necessarily super worried about, but we can understand caused players some consternation or confusion: If a Champion is killed by a non-player, such as zombies falling into a trap, any chest that would spawn won't spawn now (since the "killer" isn't a player).
In order to get Remnant acquisition at rates we like, we've doubled the size of drops on a permanent basis for now (this isn't part of an event). There will still be fewer chests than before (compared to the unintended near 100% drop rate some players experienced), but Remnants in both chests and normal drops are higher than they were. This bump also means you won't get a single remnant as a drop, if they do drop; it will at least be 2 or more (and 2 is relatively unlikely).

Thanks for the ongoing feedback.

Khr0mm
04-28-2015, 10:08 AM
The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

Yays! (An hour early by my count, unless you meant BST - 4 in the title rather than GMT...?)

barecm
04-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Stuck on Installing Pre-reqs screen

Sexysysab
04-28-2015, 10:10 AM

Yep ... same here ... so much for finishing earlier ... what a surprise ... they will have to close again soon

gv1807
04-28-2015, 10:11 AM
Stuck on Pre-reqs as well :(

EDIT: Now unstuck

EDIT: Had to log out, now stuck again

Dandonk
04-28-2015, 10:13 AM

I was, too. Then I closed and restarted launcher. This may or may not help others.

Alistina
04-28-2015, 10:14 AM

In order to get Remnant acquisition at rates we like, we've doubled the size of drops on a permanent basis for now (this isn't part of an event). There will still be fewer chests than before (compared to the unintended near 100% drop rate some players experienced), but Remnants in both chests and normal drops are higher than they were. This bump also means you won't get a single remnant as a drop, if they do drop; it will at least be 2 or more (and 2 is relatively unlikely).

Is the jackpot remnant pull number also doubled, so instead of getting 20-40 we will now get something in the range of 40-80ish?

barecm
04-28-2015, 10:14 AM
I was, too. Then I closed and restarted launcher. This may or may not help others.

Done that a number of times with no fix.

General_Gronker
04-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Restarting isn't helping here. Still getting stuck on it. Le. Sigh.

And crafting should totally depend on build.

Revolted
04-28-2015, 10:16 AM

Yup,same here...

Edit: Just unstucked

janave
04-28-2015, 10:18 AM

^This.

wanna play!

Dandonk
04-28-2015, 10:19 AM
Done that a number of times with no fix.

Bah, sorry to hear that.

barecm
04-28-2015, 10:20 AM
Rebooted system. Still stuck.

Vargouille
04-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Is the jackpot remnant pull number also doubled, so instead of getting 20-40 we will now get something in the range of 40-80ish?

Jackpots have also been doubled.

patang01
04-28-2015, 10:27 AM

Miniboss chests were never intended to be a 100% drop rate (and were not actually 100% for all players all the time, but clearly were for some players much of the time).
However, the overall rate of Remnant acquiring wasn't that far off from where we wanted it.
We did put a fix in to try to make both Remants and chests from Champions spawn in a better place, rather than a random'ish place near the Champion. Now it drops near the "player who killed the champion" (and we've seen some responses that lead us to believe this part of the change is largely functional and better than it used to be).
This fix had some side effects that we're not necessarily super worried about, but we can understand caused players some consternation or confusion: If a Champion is killed by a non-player, such as zombies falling into a trap, any chest that would spawn won't spawn now (since the "killer" isn't a player).

Thank you for addressing this point since I've played now pretty much daily on EH and EE since the last events and when I checked how much I scraped together I had the 'why bother' feeling. Given that most stuff worth anything are straddling the 8k to 10k area. 'Doubling' it might actually seem like progress. We'll see.

barecm
04-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Can we get an official reply on the log in issues? Is it being worked on? I am assuming since there are posts about jackpots being doubled, that you are reading the issues....

Grace_ana
04-28-2015, 10:30 AM
I'll be honest. I'm really disappointed by the rogue changes. They feel rushed and incomplete. There were questions and concerns in the official threads that were never addressed or even acknowledged. Rogue is my favorite class, and it's frustrating to ask specific questions and get zero response, then have changes rushed out the door.

Alternative
04-28-2015, 10:31 AM
also stuck on installing pre reqs, really hope it's not an issue with akamai

Nestroy
04-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Was struck, restarted several times, then at once it worked. Whatever this is? Servers busy?

witchboy2012
04-28-2015, 10:37 AM
also stuck on installing pre reqs,i

same here. stuck on installing pre reqs. restarted client no go. rebooted computer restarted client. no go. still stuck.

Teakon
04-28-2015, 10:42 AM
I, too, am stuck in the installing pre-req motion. It's annoying but I assume it's because not everything was fixed, or maybe this problem struck after they did what they did.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 10:46 AM
I, too, am stuck in the installing pre-req motion. It's annoying but I assume it's because not everything was fixed, or maybe this problem struck after they did what they did.

We're investigating. Completely closing the DDO launcher and restarting it seems to be working for some folks who have encountered this, but we'll be looking into it further.

ToastyFred
04-28-2015, 10:47 AM

My start screen is also stuck at "Installing Pre-Reqs"

I was playing DDO yesterday on this very same machine.

Any ideas what the issue is and how to fix it?

Phoenix-daBard
04-28-2015, 10:48 AM

I would point out that I noticed in the past week that hirelings, my dog and have all had remnants drop at them. And I hope that is WAI.

Phoenix-daBard
04-28-2015, 10:53 AM
We're investigating. Completely closing the DDO launcher and restarting it seems to be working for some folks who have encountered this, but we'll be looking into it further.

Third try was the charm here.

Turtlsdown
04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Had the same issue. So I opened up the folder that DDO was in, and double clicked on TurbineInvoker instead of TurbineLauncher. It loaded up the launcher and performed the update. No idea why this worked but it did for me. YMMV.

Jiirix
04-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Had the same issue. So I opened up the folder that DDO was in, and double clicked on TurbineInvoker instead of TurbineLauncher. It loaded up the launcher and performed the update. No idea why this worked but it did for me. YMMV.

Thanks. Worked for me.

ToastyFred
04-28-2015, 10:59 AM

This worked for me. Thanks!

barecm
04-28-2015, 11:05 AM
I rebooted once after about 4 restarts. Then 17 more restarts and it worked.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 11:13 AM
We've now made some adjustments that we expect will resolve launchers getting stuck on "installing pre-reqs" for some people. If you are continuing to get this error after 12:10 PM Eastern (-4 GMT), after closing and relaunching your game client, let us know.

royboy
04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Release note link please.

Docsin

Sunnie
04-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Release note link please.

Check page 1.

Lanadazia
04-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Players should no longer sometimes experience a locked chest after defeating Zuggtmoy.

THANKS!
i've done this quest 3 times, and 3 times the endchest was bugged. (that pretty much made me not run it till its fixed)
so.. ToEE here i come again! :)

blametroi
04-28-2015, 11:36 AM
From release notes: "
Hirelings

Hirelings who are Standing their Ground will no longer leave their assigned area to aid players.
Fixed a bug that could cause hirelings to switch back to "follow" mode shortly after a teleportation that was followed by a quick press of Stand Your Ground.
"

Thanks. Both have been driving me crazy trying to pull mobs and having a hireling step out to "help" and turn things into a scrum. Much appreciated.

Marupal
04-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to these changes. :)

dunklezhan
04-28-2015, 11:56 AM

I like everything in the release notes (although I've always been generally against the sort of forced weapon specialisation I see in the rogue trees) and in your clarification post. But I really don't like this, Varg. Using the scenery and traps and exploding barrels and what not as a weapon against the mobs is part of what makes DDO amazing.

I've supported the basic idea of champions (I remain to be convinced by the storyline and I still hate the crowns) since the beginning, the loot was just gravy as far as I was concerned. However I do not like effectively being punished by denial of access to loot for finding non direct-damage ways to deal with the opposition. On hard or elite, with their deadly deadly traps, I always assumed this was what was intended in some places (e.g. swiped signet spider zone with the glass spiders spawning near the acid jets).

I know 'denying loot for using tactics' was of course not the intent - nevertheless I dislike this "side effect" intensely. I play DDO for variety of choice and action.

What does it mean for mobs killed by traps a rogue has laid (like that ever happens)? What if it's killed by a summons?

DANTEIL
04-28-2015, 11:59 AM

Temple of Elemental Evil
Players should no longer sometimes experience a locked chest after defeating Zuggtmoy.
Elemental Victory can now drop.
The objective "Slay Cragmore the Adamant" now completes.
There is now an exit waypoint at the quest entrance.
Fixed an issue that could cause multiple random encounters to trigger at the same time.

I think it's interesting that there was no 'fix' for the locked underwater chest in pt. 1. Maybe this isn't a bug after all?

psykopeta
04-28-2015, 01:18 PM

i has a question:
- when you say "player who killed the champion", are you referring to what the xp report shows? because, i mean, there're plenty ways to kill mobs w/o being listed as "player who killed the champion", 1st thing that cames to mind:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Earthshatter_Warhammer

you know, i'm not focused on farming remnants, i just get em while playing, but i'm curious, most times :)

i have each lvl 7 and lvl 14 version, and prolly will have both lvl 21 too, so i'm just asking XD

blametroi
04-28-2015, 01:48 PM
I like everything in the release notes (although I've always been generally against the sort of forced weapon specialisation I see in the rogue trees) and in your clarification post. But I really don't like this, Varg. Using the scenery and traps and exploding barrels and what not as a weapon against the mobs is part of what makes DDO amazing.

I've supported the basic idea of champions (I remain to be convinced by the storyline and I still hate the crowns) since the beginning, the loot was just gravy as far as I was concerned. However I do not like effectively being punished by denial of access to loot for finding non direct-damage ways to deal with the opposition. On hard or elite, with their deadly deadly traps, I always assumed this was what was intended in some places (e.g. swiped signet spider zone with the glass spiders spawning near the acid jets).

I know 'denying loot for using tactics' was of course not the intent - nevertheless I dislike this "side effect" intensely. I play DDO for variety of choice and action.

What does it mean for mobs killed by traps a rogue has laid (like that ever happens)? What if it's killed by a summons?

I understand discouraging farming but I agree with @dunklezhan. Traps and environment are part of the game, if they can kill me they can kill mobs.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
FYI we did change the default Recommended World seen by new players/installations to Cannith today.

jclaassen
04-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Cordovan, is khyber on the list to be the default server in the near future?

Augon
04-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Hirelings who are Standing their Ground will no longer leave their assigned area to aid players.

I just ran Ruined Halls for favor. I pulled a hire at the beginning and clicked the button for her to stay there. I wasn't actually paying attention until the very end, but as I finished the boss fight, there she was right next to me. The button was still toggled for "Stand Ground"

The odd thing is she not only neglected to stay put, but once the fighting was over, she didn't even bother to go back. Up until this patch, once they were done fighting, they ran back to their original location.

So, I decided to do a little test. I entered Taming the flames. Called my hire and toggled her to stand ground and left Defense turned on. Sure enough, as soon as I was ina fight she came running. Even the fights at the other end of the dungeon. Although in this quest, she did keep running back to where she was supposed to be standing after each fight, I assume because there are more respawns and traps to run through in this quest. :)

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears they are now worse than they were.

Alistina
04-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Jackpots have also been doubled.

Thanks for the change :)

Played for a few hours on increased drop numbers, I can actually envision myself getting the good stuff someday with the current drop rate just by regular questing.

Frogger1234
04-28-2015, 08:23 PM

Its a BtCoA hat from TOEE Part 2 end chest (at least that's where I got one). Looks like 4 different colored ioun stones circling your head. (I hope it can be glammered.)
The Heroic version (ML7) gives 10% acid, fire, cold and electric absorption.

capnbd
04-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Good job fixing Ghallanda.

thedirtyvingus
04-28-2015, 08:32 PM
This is an absolute ____ing joke already. Yeah bad language blah blah blah. Yeah Okay I get it things happen.
However, really Just G-Land again? get it together guys seriously.
There's an old saying " If you're gonna do what you've always done, you're gonna get what you always got"
So maybe trying the same old- and i use this term very loosely - "fixes" is not the right way to go.
Just Sayin.

Thorvax
04-28-2015, 08:32 PM
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

WOw its not a surprise Gland is down again. now its confirmed you guys dont know whats the real problem in regards with Gland server stability.

thedirtyvingus
04-28-2015, 08:38 PM
I guess now we just sit and wait while they fix the fix of the fix from the patch? or did i miss a fix or 2 in there?
Just sayin

mbartol
04-28-2015, 08:42 PM
It looks like Gland server is trying to set some kind of MTBF record. Failure rates like this would not be tolerated where I work--the server should be swapped with a spare, and root cause analysis performed on the original.

Thorvax
04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
I guess now we just sit and wait while they fix the fix of the fix from the patch? or did i miss a fix or 2 in there?
Just sayin

Fix? Not sure if they are capable to fix it. I was happy they have put additional 2 hours for Gland for maintenance and end our bad experiences on frequent server crashes. But i guess it was a dream.

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 09:12 PM
Let's consolidate our information here. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459462-Update-25-Patch-2-Hotfix)