PDA

View Full Version : Recall/Finish shortcut?

Trogloditas
04-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Is there a command that does Recall/Finish?
I mean without using mouse to press that button.

Like "Ctrl+R", but it opens enhancements window instead.
Sometimes my mouse not working properly, so I'd prefer to use keyboard.

Bluegirl_Two
04-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Typing /death in the chat window will do it. Just be sure you're bound someplace close to the quest giver.

Otherwise, there does not appear to be a specialized command or a way to create a shortcut key to let you recall -- at least none that I know of.

Trogloditas
04-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Typing /death in the chat window will do it. Just be sure you're bound someplace close to the quest giver.
So die, recover hp + sp and then run all the way to a quest? Lol?
Why not use teleport spell instead?
Or just simply recall :)

Otherwise, there does not appear to be a specialized command or a way to create a shortcut key to let you recall -- at least none that I know of.

Thanks for confirmation.

UurlockYgmeov
04-27-2015, 10:22 PM
DD (Dimension Door) and step out?

Qhualor
04-27-2015, 10:25 PM
play a monk and use stance.

moomooprincess
04-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Turbine can speed it up. In the past, there was a time when finishing a quest and recalling out went very fast. But, that was fixed/removed/nerfed whatever you want to call it. Probably because some people complained that they did not want to recall out because they just remembered something else to do.

Standal
04-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Turbine can speed it up. In the past, there was a time when finishing a quest and recalling out went very fast. But, that was fixed/removed/nerfed whatever you want to call it. Probably because some people complained that they did not want to recall out because they just remembered something else to do.

I'd like to see Turbine just make recall uninterruptible by mobs. I'm not sure why the devs thought it was cute to have mobs remain active after completion around release of MOTU, but I don't enjoy it.

To OP, I just close the client when my mouse screws up. That removes you from the quest if complete. If grouped you'll be DC'd until you get your mouse situation corrected.

sk3l3t0r
04-28-2015, 10:51 AM
DD (Dimension Door) and step out?

my personal preference as well.

Bluegirl_Two
04-28-2015, 11:39 AM
So die, recover hp + sp and then run all the way to a quest? Lol?

Yeah, I was in a weird (er than normal) mood and it struck me as funny. Sorry about that. :cool:

Enoach
04-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Under key mapping there is a place to set Mouse Emulation keys. Not as quick as some of the other options but it is an option.

Trogloditas
04-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Under key mapping there is a place to set Mouse Emulation keys. Not as quick as some of the other options but it is an option.

I see, thanks.
But this is even slower, I mean still have to move (using keys) mouse pointer over Recall/Finish button.
My mouse works fine most of the time (I'd just buy a new one if it were too bad), still nice to know there is an option for a workaround.

As for DD for non arcane/non shadowdancer it's not an option (DD scrolls are too rare to consider using them).
Use a hire with DD just for recalling/finishing 5 secs faster? Nty.

Fricko
04-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Galdarnit! You young whippersnappers have no idea what it was like in DDO "back in the day". We had to walk out of quests, uphill, in the snow, with Ogre's on our heels, and on weekends too! *glowers grumpily and mutters around his single tooth.*

UurlockYgmeov
04-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Galdarnit! You young whippersnappers have no idea what it was like in DDO "back in the day". We had to walk out of quests, uphill, in the snow, with Ogre's on our heels, and on weekends too! *glowers grumpily and mutters around his single tooth.*

you forgot --- while dragging 4 dragonarsetonnes of copper cause we didn't have no silver or gold or platinum!

Amundir
05-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Alt+F4, your welcome

Little known fact, this trick helps with a majority of the other bugs found in the game.

Kwyjibo
05-01-2015, 07:34 AM
One of the best bugs, EVER!! Wish it would be re-introduced.

Tscheuss
05-01-2015, 08:26 AM
I see, thanks.
But this is even slower, I mean still have to move (using keys) mouse pointer over Recall/Finish button.
My mouse works fine most of the time (I'd just buy a new one if it were too bad), still nice to know there is an option for a workaround.

As for DD for non arcane/non shadowdancer it's not an option (DD scrolls are too rare to consider using them).
Use a hire with DD just for recalling/finishing 5 secs faster? Nty.

What kind of mouse? It may be overdue for a cleaning, if the movement is wonky. If the clicking is acting up, maybe you wore down a contact point, which can be fixed with superglue as filler. :)

Vargouille
05-01-2015, 10:40 AM
I'd like to see Turbine just make recall uninterruptible by mobs. I'm not sure why the devs thought it was cute to have mobs remain active after completion around release of MOTU, but I don't enjoy it.

Huh? You mean you never had to fight skeleton's after finishing Delera's and never fought the big bad after "completing" Into the Deep? (Before Update 14, of course.) I sure had to!

This comment confuses me.

One of the best bugs, EVER!! Wish it would be re-introduced.

This wasn't a "bug with Recall", it was a bug with "a great many actions you can do in DDO" (the impact being far worse for some things than others).

patang01
05-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Huh? You mean you never had to fight skeleton's after finishing Delera's and never fought the big bad after "completing" Into the Deep? (Before Update 14, of course.) I sure had to!

This wasn't a "bug with Recall", it was a bug with "a great many actions you can do in DDO" (the impact being far worse for some things than others).

While you're around, would it be possible to skip the whole 'interrupt' for all mundane kind of stuff? Like having a tick of something on you giving you a few points of damage so you can't open a door? Like the quill counting down for, what 1 minute? And while it's ticking damage you can't interact with squat?

Seems silly that this tiny tick makes you entirely helpless to do the mundane stuff but a -500 HP smack to your face don't effect you the slightest from say doing vital 'beat back' stuff. This goes hand in hand with wanting to finish out and you have to contend with boring creatures afterwards and apparently can't skip town even if it is the slightest bump by anything. Luckily you don't have to interact with a ton of objects in ToEE but with all those rangers problems like these become tedious.

Madja
05-01-2015, 11:29 AM
This doesn't sound like this is your problem, but it might be for others:
It's easy to accidentally trigger Mouse-look. I think it's keybind is G? It basically locks the mouse to the middle of the screen, which would make it impossible to recall.

While you're around, would it be possible to skip the whole 'interrupt' for all mundane kind of stuff? Like having a tick of something on you giving you a few points of damage so you can't open a door? Like the quill counting down for, what 1 minute? And while it's ticking damage you can't interact with squat?

While I don't think interrupt should be entirely removed it does get kind of annoying when DoTs does it. When you've already killed all the mobs it gets a bit annoying having to wait 10+ seconds in order to open a door or a chest :)
It's especially bad in Thrill of the Hunt where you'll continue to take damage for a really long time even after the debuff itself is gone.

hit_fido
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Quill thing is one of the most annoying, but at least you can throw a stoneskin spell/clicky and that keeps it from interrupting.

I know it's been proposed in the past but a concentration check vs damage when opening doors/pulling levers would be a great change.

visibleman
05-01-2015, 12:29 PM
It's easy to accidentally trigger Mouse-look. I think it's keybind is G? It basically locks the mouse to the middle of the screen, which would make it impossible to recall.

It is 'T'

And if you hold down the Right Mouse Button, the Pointer becomes available.

Madja
05-01-2015, 12:56 PM
It is 'T'

And if you hold down the Right Mouse Button, the Pointer becomes available.

Ah, sorry I have removed the keybind as I found it to be annoying, so I couldn't really remember. I guess G is auto-target then?

Tscheuss
05-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Aw, but we were adapting to the instant induction bug. :)

IronClan
05-01-2015, 02:48 PM
I know it's been proposed in the past but a concentration check vs damage when opening doors/pulling levers would be a great change.

Yeah the moment the Dev's put this in their will be 500 people all screaming about how they are now forced to put skill points into Concentration.

See this is just the systematic and slow dumbification of the game. Yes it;'s annoying being interupted... but guess what? if you were in a closed room with five armed people who didn't want you to open the door: you probably wouldn't be able to open the door... So it seems that this little abstraction serves a purpose in a game that is dreadfully thin of immersion as it is.

So while it might seem awesome for people who play DDO like it's some sort of advanced Farmville to remove every single thing that keeps you from running forward and hitting the only the loot all button, it's actually a tiny but important thing for people who want the game to not be pure lowest common denominator dreck.

When did game playing become an unwelcome chore from which people want to be removed of any choices, immersion or similtude to the way things really work?

Krelar
05-01-2015, 02:52 PM
See this is just the systematic and slow dumbification of the game. Yes it;'s annoying being interupted... but guess what? if you were in a closed room with five armed people who didn't want you to open the door: you probably wouldn't be able to open the door... So it seems that this little abstraction serves a purpose in a game that is dreadfully thin of immersion as it is.

Most of these complaints really stem from one particular instance which is not a room full of mobs hitting you while you try to open a door.

If the dev's would shorten or otherwise change howler quills I think a lot of these suggestions would die out. Sitting around in an empty room for a full minute before you can do anything is really irritating.

It also doesn't help that the timer associated with it seems to be bugged and only shows up maybe 10% of the time so you have no idea how much longer you have to wait.

Trogloditas
05-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Yes, this also was an instant lever pulling too. That includes drow optional lever in Servants of Overlord (the only way I could solo it).
Interruptions is a good thing in my opinion.

By the way, thanks for coming here. Wait, does that mean you considering a keyboard command for Recall/Finish? That would be awesome! Please please please ...

I'm playing in mouse mode and in order to Recall/Finish I have to hold right mouse button while moving pointer over Recall/Finish and then press left mouse button.
Sometimes mouse loses focus (or whatever) and character turns instead of moving mouse pointer and then I have to stop and try again.
This thing happens with any mouse (at least happened with 3 different mouses), so it's not a mouse quality problem (lag/whatever could also be a reason). It's not too rare thing, happens like 5% of time or so.

Lonnbeimnech
05-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah the moment the Dev's put this in their will be 500 people all screaming about how they are now forced to put skill points into Concentration.

So while it might seem awesome for people who play DDO like it's some sort of advanced Farmville to remove every single thing that keeps you from running forward and hitting the only the loot all button, it's actually a tiny but important thing for people who want the game to not be pure lowest common denominator dreck.

When did game playing become an unwelcome chore from which people want to be removed of any choices, immersion or similtude to the way things really work?
That's covered by all the countless doors that are locked until you kill all the mobs in that room.

But if you have bleed damage, or howler quills, or divine punishment, or burning blood, niac, eledars, acid arrow, black cragon bolt, I'm sure theres a few more... you can run at 40mph, you can jump 20 foot in the air, do back flips, eat a ham, uncork and drink a potion from a vial, cast spells, attack monsters, break boxes and even break down doors, but you can't turn a door knob... Doesn't make sense.

Gremmlynn
05-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm playing in mouse mode and in order to Recall/Finish I have to hold right mouse button while moving pointer over Recall/Finish and then press left mouse button.
Sometimes mouse loses focus (or whatever) and character turns instead of moving mouse pointer and then I have to stop and try again.
This thing happens with any mouse (at least happened with 3 different mouses), so it's not a mouse quality problem (lag/whatever could also be a reason). It's not too rare thing, happens like 5% of time or so.When this happens, just hit T and hit it again after you are done. It beats being annoyed by the bug.