PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to level from 1 as a Sun Elf wizard?

SynalonEtuul
04-27-2015, 05:02 PM
My main is presently a capped pure wizard Sun Elf. When I next TR back into such a life, I would like to be able to play my Sun Elf from level 1 and experience the whole game with her, rather than starting at level 15. My understanding is that this is possible if you remain the usual iconic hero class - in this case cleric, for Sun Elf - but seeing as Sun Elf is the best race for wizard and wizard is the class I want to play, I need to lesser reincarnate out the cleric level. As far as I remember, I can't just stay level 1 and bank the x.p. before reincarnating - something tells me you need to spend all unspent x.p. beforehand. The consequence of this is that once I've leveled to 15 and lesser reincarnated to remove the cleric level, the lifeshaper will not let me off her floating rock until I've spent all of my experience, putting me at 15. Is there some way to avoid this? Can I experience the whole game from level 1 as a Sun Elf wizard?

Thank you.

UurlockYgmeov
04-27-2015, 05:15 PM
My main is presently a capped pure wizard Sun Elf. When I next TR back into such a life, I would like to be able to play my Sun Elf from level 1 and experience the whole game with her, rather than starting at level 15. My understanding is that this is possible if you remain the usual iconic hero class - in this case cleric, for Sun Elf - but seeing as Sun Elf is the best race for wizard and wizard is the class I want to play, I need to lesser reincarnate out the cleric level. As far as I remember, I can't just stay level 1 and bank the x.p. before reincarnating - something tells me you need to spend all unspent x.p. beforehand. The consequence of this is that once I've leveled to 15 and lesser reincarnated to remove the cleric level, the lifeshaper will not let me off her floating rock until I've spent all of my experience, putting me at 15. Is there some way to avoid this? Can I experience the whole game from level 1 as a Sun Elf wizard?

Thank you.

this is correct - however, I have heard that you can LR before spending any xp and it might work the way you want - but you loose all the banked XP.

I have no personal first hand knowledge - just rumors and speculation.

Enoach
04-27-2015, 05:26 PM
As someone that has a Sun Elf Wizard and utilizes some of the Iconic Races this is what I can tell you.

If you want to experience levels 1 to 15 as a Wizard on a Sun Elf this is what you will need to do...

Start off your First level as Cleric and play from there until you reach 15 taking the class of Wizard from level 2 to 15. You will not earn any XP until you have room to hold XP so about the time you take level 14. Once you reach Level 15 or maybe 16 depending on how much XP you have banked you can then do a Lesser Reincarnation with +1 Level to remove the first level of Cleric.

I say this because normally you would have to fully level to 15 before you can apply the LR+1, but that puts you on the Bridge between worlds and I don't believe you can leave this area until you take all your 15 levels in this case.

UurlockYgmeov
04-27-2015, 06:49 PM
As someone that has a Sun Elf Wizard and utilizes some of the Iconic Races this is what I can tell you.

If you want to experience levels 1 to 15 as a Wizard on a Sun Elf this is what you will need to do...

Start off your First level as Cleric and play from there until you reach 15 taking the class of Wizard from level 2 to 15. You will not earn any XP until you have room to hold XP so about the time you take level 14. Once you reach Level 15 or maybe 16 depending on how much XP you have banked you can then do a Lesser Reincarnation with +1 Level to remove the first level of Cleric.

I say this because normally you would have to fully level to 15 before you can apply the LR+1, but that puts you on the Bridge between worlds and I don't believe you can leave this area until you take all your 15 levels in this case.

^^^^ I like his better.

unbongwah
04-27-2015, 08:30 PM
As far as I remember, I can't just stay level 1 and bank the x.p. before reincarnating - something tells me you need to spend all unspent x.p. beforehand. The consequence of this is that once I've leveled to 15 and lesser reincarnated to remove the cleric level, the lifeshaper will not let me off her floating rock until I've spent all of my experience, putting me at 15.
You are correct.

Is there some way to avoid this? Can I experience the whole game from level 1 as a Sun Elf wizard?
No. You can start the game as cleric 1 and play from there; you won't gain any XP until you take lvl 14, but if you're doing it for fun or RPing flavor, that shouldn't matter. However, you won't be able to get rid of that initial cleric level until you take lvl 15; i.e., you would have to level as cleric 1 / wiz 14, then LR +1 into pure wiz, which is presumably what you did with your current build.

Uska
04-27-2015, 08:34 PM
this is correct - however, I have heard that you can LR before spending any xp and it might work the way you want - but you loose all the banked XP.

I have no personal first hand knowledge - just rumors and speculation.

no you cant

SynalonEtuul
04-30-2015, 02:38 AM

You are correct.

No. You can start the game as cleric 1 and play from there; you won't gain any XP until you take lvl 14, but if you're doing it for fun or RPing flavor, that shouldn't matter. However, you won't be able to get rid of that initial cleric level until you take lvl 15; i.e., you would have to level as cleric 1 / wiz 14, then LR +1 into pure wiz, which is presumably what you did with your current build.

Yes, this was my backup plan; playing as a 1 cleric/X wizard until level 15. Shame you can't play fully as the class you want from level 1, but there you go. Thanks for the replies and advice.

wiliamsane
04-30-2015, 04:47 AM

Thank you.

Hey , i know this will not be answer you are looking for , but have you considered going drow or just keeping level of cleric ? Drow elf start with 20 int too and mising only Feywild Tap -which can be dificult to fit in on pure wizard. With level of cleric you will get heavy armor prof. (you can have it with no asf) or just medium and also you wont have to worry about capstone .. so more ap to spent in harper/race tree . In both cases you will save +1 hearth ;)
Now it only depends if you want sun elf pl or some epic ones and also if you want to tr this build again sooner or stay on epic levels (epl grind / 20th completions etc )
But this i point of view from past life hoarder ;) if you desire to have pure sun elf wizard then please ignore this

gringofoot
11-13-2015, 03:19 PM

Thank you.

Just start or TR into the Iconic. Level up to 15 as 1 cleric / 14 wiz simply by talking to trainers. Get your Iconic gear at lvl 15. Use a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood and respec as 15 lvls of Wiz.

Done.

Uska
11-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Just start or TR into the Iconic. Level up to 15 as 1 cleric / 14 wiz simply by talking to trainers. Get your Iconic gear at lvl 15. Use a +1 Lesser Heart of Wood and respec as 15 lvls of Wiz.

Done.

Doesn't do what he wants he wants to play starting at 1st lol as a wizard not respect to a lvl15 wizard