PDA

View Full Version : Ghallanda Unavailable: Friday, April 24th.

Cordovan
04-24-2015, 10:10 AM
UPDATE: Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Ghallanda Unavailable: Friday, April 24th. Ghallanda is currently down, and we are investigating. We'll keep you updated.

Suggs
04-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Ghallanda Unavailable: Friday, April 24th. Ghallanda is currently down, and we are investigating. We'll keep you updated.

not even an ETA of "Soon (tm)"? must be bad this time

Ice-Cold
04-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Yard work here I come. DDO gods have spoken.

JuiJitsu
04-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Yard work here I come. DDO gods have spoken.

LOL! Man, its like every time I sit down to play the server is down. I wonder why it's just our server that this happens to weekly?

Saitiss
04-24-2015, 10:31 AM
MUWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... snif...

Knight_slayer
04-24-2015, 10:44 AM
I kind of hope the server dies and they have to merg us, the population on Ghallanda over tha past 12 months has been dismal.

depositbox
04-24-2015, 10:46 AM
I kind of hope the server dies and they have to merg us, the population on Ghallanda over tha past 12 months has been dismal.

preach, brother. preach!

Cordovan
04-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Gratch
04-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game.

Since you were "investigating" and have already "taken down for repair maintenance" and "fixed the problem with Ghallanda" in previous restarts... what is your conclusion as to Ghallanda's singular need to be an unreliable server? This matters to people who are running some of your longest content ever released.

Should we trust this server to stay up at all this weekend?

Sho-sa
04-24-2015, 09:19 PM
VIP account, been trying to log into G-land for over half an hour. Get to character screen, select toon, then the game sits on loading screen forever. When I use the task manager, says DDO is not responding. Gone through three tries, same result. Going to do something other than DDO now.

the1bigun
04-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Please tell us what is wrong. Is that asking too much?

Hesiodthepoet
04-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Look, I play this game for fun. The game booting me for the 3rd time in a week after I invest time in a quest is NOT fun. Please let us know what the issue is and either fix it NOW or reimburse us for our time and effort. (I am VIP so I feel that 1 day free every time the server crashes would be fair) Turbine points would be an option as well. This is seriously making me reconsider this game as good use of my time/money. Devs, please give us some kind of feedback on this issue. Thanks.

Thorvax
04-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Please tell us what is wrong. Is that asking too much?

I think they dont have any idea what is the really problem why Gland always crash. Most of my friends has already migrated to another game due to the frequent down of Gland server. I hope they have competent people to handle and resolve the server stability issue.

thedirtyvingus
04-26-2015, 01:17 AM
I think they dont have any idea what is the really problem why Gland always crash. Most of my friends has already migrated to another game due to the frequent down of Gland server. I hope they have competent people to handle and resolve the server stability issue.

I hope so too, although at the rate they inform us of what exactly is going on etc, I am really beginning to reconsider the competent part. Just Sayin.

Plantman81
04-26-2015, 01:27 AM
Just wondering if the server crash timing is an issue since no GM is available in game between the hours of 2am and 9am EDT. U.S. Should we expect any reply before 9am?

thedirtyvingus
04-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Just wondering if the server crash timing is an issue since no GM is available in game between the hours of 2am and 9am EDT. U.S. Should we expect any reply before 9am?

I think we should be more specific. Expect a reply before 9a.m. EST or expect a reply at all? again history states.....
Just Sayin

zerit
04-26-2015, 02:16 AM
I've been looking for almost and hour and still cant find any feed back anywhere any of the times from turb/WB as to why GLand is having such issues any one else having any luck finding a reason its all the more irritating with no one telling us why its down. Also kinda surprised that they haven't done something to compensate the player base for the aggravation. Hand out loot gems or minor xp pots, or... something to soothe the grippers and reward the patients of those willing to wait quietly.

But most of all the complete lack of communication is startling as this is what the 4th-5th downtime in ~2 weeks? One or two crashes in a month and it's easily taken as maintenance or a hiccup and overlooked but this?

Although maybe someone else's search has been more fruitful as to the cause any one got some info?

thedirtyvingus
04-26-2015, 02:22 AM
Just sayin.
they dont communicate with us, yet we are gonna ask for compensation?
Just a question, What is the purpose of having a community manager if they do not really interact with the community? Well on these issues anyway.
again Just Sayin

Alunjax123
04-26-2015, 02:30 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

There goes my father-son time, helping him do TOEE. I guess that I will have to slot in some play time during the week, in the half an hour I get between getting home from work, cooking an evening meal, sorting myself out for work the following day, going to bed. This is the weekend and as a service provider, DDO should really be upping its game on Ghallanda. we had a host of issues during the week and have been inordinately patient, looking forward to some undisturbed play at the weekend. Crushing disappointment descends once more.

Plantman81
04-26-2015, 02:32 AM
Hmmmm.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Would-terrorists-use-MMO-secret-3695242.S.39254623

zerit
04-26-2015, 02:37 AM
by compensation I'm extrapolating community interaction's I've seen on other game they also usually have poor communication but everyone that tried to login or was in usually gets tossed some petty bobble or consumable to make up for the lost time. Usually it's quite effective at making the player base happy and happy people part with there money easier than irritated ones.

thedirtyvingus
04-26-2015, 02:39 AM
Hmmmm.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Would-terrorists-use-MMO-secret-3695242.S.39254623

No actually i think it may have more to do with obamacare.
Just sayin.

On another note, is there NOBODY in DDO land that is gonna respond here? I understand its 330 am EST but the world did go from status being down, to status being closed, so that would imply someone is there.
But alas, as it always turns out, it will be another "thanks for your money and keep sending it to us.... err I mean "thanks for your patience....blah blah blah....."

Ambitious
04-26-2015, 02:40 AM
Ghallanda Crashed - Sunday, April 26th.

Ghallanda Crashed - Friday, April 24th.

Ghallanda Crashed - Friday, April 17th.

Ghallanda Unavailable - Thursday, April 16th

Ghallanda unavailable - Wednesday, April 15

Server Restart - Ghallanda - 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, April 13th

G-Land Crashed Again (4-11-15) Afternoon.

G-Land Crashed again (4-09-15) Morning.

G-Land Crashed again (4-08-15) Nighttime.

That makes 9 downtimes in 4 weeks, 2 of them were to apply fixes /hardwarechanges. You guys fail us bigtime.

the1bigun
04-26-2015, 03:07 AM
I know there was at least two instances this week late at night Australian time

Nascoe
04-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Good news - currently Ghallanda is UP (lets hope it lasts at least the day!)

Tesrali
04-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Ghallanda Crashed - Sunday, April 26th.

Ghallanda Crashed - Friday, April 24th.

Ghallanda Crashed - Friday, April 17th.

Ghallanda Unavailable - Thursday, April 16th

Ghallanda unavailable - Wednesday, April 15

Server Restart - Ghallanda - 1:00 PM- 2:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Monday, April 13th

G-Land Crashed Again (4-11-15) Afternoon.

G-Land Crashed again (4-09-15) Morning.

G-Land Crashed again (4-08-15) Nighttime.

That makes 9 downtimes in 4 weeks, 2 of them were to apply fixes /hardwarechanges. You guys fail us bigtime.

lol, SHEEESH

Sho-sa
04-26-2015, 09:03 AM
Plus there was crippling lag Saturday night, the 25th, around 8ish EST.

mightstriker
04-26-2015, 01:49 PM
I am also disgruntled with the level of service Ghallanda has been experiencing. Please take the time to fill out a support ticket, and let them know via the feedback tab that you are upset about this ongoing issue. www.turbine.com/support Or call them between 2pm and 6pm East Coast Time at 1-855-924-2637, option 5 is for DDO.

This is the second time in as many years that Ghallanda has experienced a weeks long service problem. Last year it was the server full message that took weeks to fix. This time, the ongoing server down issues. Unless people who are unhappy take a moment to call or write the powers that be and let them know we are upset, little will be done in the way of compensation for our inconvenience.

Like many of you, I pay good money to have a subscription to this game. This level of service is terrible.