PDA

View Full Version : DDO Store Downtime: Tuesday, April 21st

Cordovan
04-21-2015, 09:38 AM
The DDO Store is temporarily unavailable. We'll let you know when the Store has reopened!

Munkenmo
04-21-2015, 09:44 AM
The DDO Store is temporarily unavailable. We'll let you know when the Store has reopened!

Will this address the "black screen" issues many of us have been experiencing for a while?

UurlockYgmeov
04-21-2015, 01:49 PM

wait, did Kobold forget mimic in store code? bad Kobold!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--7OC59NTukE/VN7vHgbMRkI/AAAAAAAAFVU/Lr5qG07bqPU/s1600/Advanced-Races-Kobolds-detail.png

Cordovan
04-21-2015, 02:15 PM
The DDO Store is once again available.

Shmuel
04-21-2015, 04:06 PM
The DDO Store is once again available.

not for me

Cordovan
04-21-2015, 04:31 PM
not for me

What issue are you experiencing?

xaul17
04-21-2015, 04:36 PM
What issue are you experiencing?

Mine is having problems too. Has the old DDO store logo and says in large red lettering that my session has timed and I must hit home. Doing so only refreshes the screen.

Kraak0
04-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Same issue for me, the store session has timed out. Clicking home does nothing.

Shmuel
04-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Mine is having problems too. Has the old DDO store logo and says in large red lettering that my session has timed and I must hit home. Doing so only refreshes the screen.

Same

UurlockYgmeov
04-21-2015, 04:43 PM
maybe clear your internet cache???

Kraak0
04-21-2015, 04:53 PM
I tried clearing the cache before posting, no luck :)

UurlockYgmeov
04-21-2015, 05:54 PM
I tried clearing the cache before posting, no luck :)

what version of IE is installed? I ask because IE controls the internal Windows mechanisms for networking (and that includes internet). Older version of IE have more issues because Turbine has installed the latest patches and fixes and improvements to their servers.

I had really bad issues until I upgrade to WinX and that installed IE11(IIRC - but whatever is the latest version included) - and now my store is as fast as greased lightning.

Kraak0
04-21-2015, 06:08 PM
My IE Is up to date. I have issues with the store already, which I can fix by changing IE settings, but this is a different problem. This just started today after the store was down... On the game now, and currently having the same problems

Frotz
04-21-2015, 08:11 PM
I just deleted the cache folder in the DDO installation folder the other day and it fixed the problem with the store loading slowly for me since a patch/update a while ago.

arkonas
04-21-2015, 09:38 PM
yeah my ddo store was working fine until this down time. i've cleared my cache, restarted my computer and nothing atm has fixed it. ill even add i redownloaded ddo and reset my router and still have issues with timing out. i've also deleted the cache folder and cookies from the browser folder. no luck

simon159
04-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Store still down?

All im getting is 'Your store session has timed out. Please use the home button to reload the store'.

And yet the home button does nothing

cyreme
04-22-2015, 09:59 AM
It keeps saying session timed out. I'm one of those ppl who pay to keep this game going. I'd like to continue doing it pls thx. Fix it asap.

SirShen
04-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Same - not seen the ddo store for a day now. Just states - Your store session has timed out. Please use the home button to reload store.
I press the home button and just get the same statement again.

Cordovan
04-22-2015, 02:40 PM
We are continuing to investigate reports from some (but not all) folks who are having difficulty accessing the DDO Store.

Dandonk
04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Store still down for me as well. Tried clearing cache, no joy.

xaul17
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
We are continuing to investigate reports from some (but not all) folks who are having difficulty accessing the DDO Store.

I am happy to see that you are aware of the issue and trying to resolve it! Just got home from work, got on to find that I am still having the same problem.

Kraak0
04-22-2015, 04:47 PM
It's almost 5pm and the store is still down :(

Shmuel
04-22-2015, 04:48 PM

I appreciate that, please keep us informed on progress.

DeWind
04-22-2015, 07:21 PM

Just logged in (5:20 pm PDT) to try and buy a couple bags & such before they go off sell. Would be nice if they can extend the sale for a day or 2. :) or I will just catch them next time.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

xaul17
04-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Day III of no DDO store: I would kindly like to request an update on this situation. Can live without the DDO store, but there are some things I was needing to buy before I encountered this problem. Any hints on a solution or workaround?

Cannot go on forever without the store, especially not as a premium player who relies on the store for packs/tools. I'm just glad if this had to happen, it did so well after the release of ToEE.

twigzz
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Yep no store here either for days. Hopefully they get it fixed! And do some point sales! hint hint ;)

Cordovan
04-23-2015, 01:19 PM
We are continuing to work on an issue that is causing some folks to get "connection timed out" errors when trying to access the store. As soon as it's resolved we will let you know.

xaul17
04-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Thank you for the response.

Nubom70
04-23-2015, 10:04 PM
Yup, still down, day 3. All the suggested fixes not working.

Alunjax123
04-24-2015, 10:02 AM
ghallanda just went down, right when I was doing ghilmith the goristo in trial by fury on epic hard solo. just wasted the last few minutes of 3 epic level 5+ hirelings and 1 epic level 4 hireling. god damned system. wasted hirelings, wasted time, wasted money. fed up

Alunjax123
04-24-2015, 10:06 AM
this unstable world is costing players time, money, astral shards etc. are you trying to recuperate the costs of extra staff fixing this world by crashing it and getting us to use more TP's to replace hirelings that we have lost to wasted time? I am REALLY starting to get hacked off this this. this is costing me REAL MONEY and I don't even got a decent apology or an offer of replacement hirelings. just a "submit a ticket" message.

xaul17
04-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Going into the weekend now.... /sigh, was really hoping this would be resolved, but no. Would love to access the store and take advantage of this armor kit sale - I am big on the cosmetics!

Oh well :(

SisAmethyst
04-25-2015, 05:59 AM
Going into the weekend now.... /sigh, was really hoping this would be resolved, but no. Would love to access the store and take advantage of this armor kit sale - I am big on the cosmetics!

Oh well :(

I still have issues with the DDO Store and getting "Your store session has timed out. Please use the home button to reload the store."
However pressing on 'home' doesn't help anything at all. As Cordovan said it is only an issue for some of the folkd it may be due to locally cached data.

Is there any way to clear the browser cache that is used by the internal engine like you can do for IE/FF/Chrome? Maybe that would solve the troubles?

EDIT: To answer at least partially my own question:
In http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/30/DDO-Store-FAQs it is described that there is a cache located below the game folder DDO game folder (C:\Program Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited\browser\TWebBrowser) and that one could deleted 'Cache' folder and the 'cookies.txt' file.
However doing this doesn't solve the issue for me. In fact it seems that the internal browser doesn't even use those, at least DDO does not re-create them :/

Eliyse
04-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Hopefully the devs are able to see who is having problems with the store, but just in case - I'm having the same problem too!
Sev - once the store is repaired, is there any chance of extending existing sales to make sure that everyone has a chance at the stuff please?

Shmuel
04-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Just so no one else has to waste their time trying, deleting and reinstalling DDO did NOT fix this issue for me. Hopefully some of those affected are big enough spenders that Turbine takes this a bit more seriously and fixes it promptly. In the meantime, I'm gonna take the money I was going to spend on DDO and use it for something else...

SisAmethyst
04-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Just so no one else has to waste their time trying, deleting and reinstalling DDO did NOT fix this issue for me. Hopefully some of those affected are big enough spenders that Turbine takes this a bit more seriously and fixes it promptly. In the meantime, I'm gonna take the money I was going to spend on DDO and use it for something else...

Yes, neither did it worked for me, seems Turbine may lose some money here as I can't spend mine neither...

Dandonk
04-25-2015, 10:01 AM

Yes, neither did it worked for me, seems Turbine may lose some money here as I can't spend mine neither...

Well... thanks for checking it out, so the rest of us don't have to waste the time.

I hope they get this sorted soon. Starting to get annoying.

Thud
04-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Store is still down for me :"(

SisAmethyst
04-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Btw. also tried to log into myaccount.turbine.com as suggested here DDO store not working for me (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/459282) but without any success. However as from that thread, it seems to be account related, so you may have more luck with a 2nd account...

Daine
04-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Also down for me the last few days with session timed out message.

Did all the usual things I tell friends to do, restart game, restart computer, restart modem/router, clear internet explorer cache, clear IE everything, flush DNS, check in IE advanced options tab that Use TLS is checked, check windows is updated, run anti-virus, try different character, try different server, try store from character selection screen.

Nothing. No joy :(

Thanks to those who tried re-installing the game client so I didn't have to do that and find out it doesn't fix this.

Taps
04-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Also down for me the last few days with session timed out message.

Did all the usual things I tell friends to do, restart game, restart computer, restart modem/router, clear internet explorer cache, clear IE everything, flush DNS, check in IE advanced options tab that Use TLS is checked, check windows is updated, run anti-virus, try different character, try different server, try store from character selection screen.

Nothing. No joy :(

Thanks to those who tried re-installing the game client so I didn't have to do that and find out it doesn't fix this.

I too am afflicted with this bug. Tried everything on the Turbine support page for the ddo store not displaying correctly. No Joy. Called Turbine on Fri at 2:30 pm and spoke to Mike. They are aware that some accounts can not view the DDO store but do not know why. They are trying to figure out why but have no idea at this point.

Nubom70
04-25-2015, 11:25 PM
'Your store session has timed out. Please use the home button to reload the store'.

Been like this for 3 days now. Can't access anything. Resets and cache clearing = no results.

Daine
04-26-2015, 01:09 AM
I've noticed that all who have posted about the store being down, except for one person (VPN, holiday, work?), seems to be from outside the US...

SisAmethyst
04-26-2015, 05:25 AM
I've noticed that all who have posted about the store being down, except for one person (VPN, holiday, work?), seems to be from outside the US...

As from the other thread, it seems more related to VIP accounts as some folks can connect on the same machine from same location with a F2P mule account. Even if not related to VIP/F2P it seems anyway related to the account itself...

twigzz
04-26-2015, 01:38 PM
I have 2 prem accounts. My main account can't access store but my 2nd account can. Same computer. Tho my main account does go VIP here and there but mostly premium(both accounts prem atm). This sucks.

Theolin
04-26-2015, 05:29 PM
I am having issues with store as well

VIP account - NO access get error session timout
ftp account - store works
ftp account#2 - store works

same computer tried several times back and forth between accounts ... always the same.

chaosmouse
04-26-2015, 09:10 PM

Premium, USA, down here too.

Calonderial
04-27-2015, 08:40 AM
I am having issues with store as well

VIP account - NO access get error session timout
ftp account - store works
ftp account#2 - store works

same computer tried several times back and forth between accounts ... always the same.

Ditto on this scenario

TrinityTurtle
04-27-2015, 10:55 AM

VIP, inside the US (Ohio to be specific), and have ahd the bug since Tuesday. And it is my account, as it also does not work on my husband computer, but his works fine on mine. (He is also VIP and same location obviously).

Cordovan
04-27-2015, 11:58 AM
We are continuing to work to resolve an issue that is preventing some customers from accessing the DDO Store, and will keep you updated.

Seikojin
04-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Has anyone tried deleting the browser folder from the game, repatching, and seeing if that resolves the issue?

DeWind
04-27-2015, 06:00 PM
Has anyone tried deleting the browser folder from the game, repatching, and seeing if that resolves the issue?

it's all been done...it's on their end. Some have even completely reinstalled. :(

Daine
04-27-2015, 08:43 PM

Yes, tried all posted fixes and some long shots as well just in case. Nothing.

One of the golden rules of troubleshooting anything is "look for what someone last messed with". In this case my store was working fine two days before this began then they brought down the store for 'maintenance' and then my store hasn't worked since. In all other respects my computer, network, DDO and other games all working fine :(

Don't let this stop you though, if you can come up with something way outside the ordinary that may fix the problem I'm sure someone will try it!

Dejvid
04-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi,

same problem here since the store downtime.
im from germany and premium, store wont open on neither desktop nor notebook. yet the same account can accsess the store within lord of the rings online. on both machines. and a ftp account has no problems with the ddo store.
did all the usual suspected shennanigans like clearing dns cache, deleting temp files and so on and so forth.

funny thing is, i send in a support ticket but ... there was no feedback that it was ever beeing received by turbine, like the web support page is broken or something.

anyways, hope a fix is incoming before the end of the year :)

Cordovan
04-28-2015, 10:57 AM
We are continuing to work to resolve this error, and hope to have a fix in place soon. Just to be clear, this is an issue that is impacting a sub-set of accounts, and there is not something that folks impacted can do to work around it at the moment. This is a big priority for us to resolve, and we hope to have further news soon.

DeWind
04-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Don't know what else to say but it is very frustrating. A basic part of the game and a Huge part of DDO's financials.

Nubom70
04-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Yeah, is pretty frustrating, even simple things like getting timers or special hirelings is NA.

EazyWeazy
04-28-2015, 09:12 PM
We are continuing to work to resolve this error, and hope to have a fix in place soon. Just to be clear, this is an issue that is impacting a sub-set of accounts, and there is not something that folks impacted can do to work around it at the moment. This is a big priority for us to resolve, and we hope to have further news soon.

This sucks. I've been trying to buy cosmetics since they went on sale and the store has been broken for me.

Radsyn
04-28-2015, 11:37 PM
tStore down here also. My free account np/ my VIP account screwed.

Habreno
04-29-2015, 01:25 AM
May as well take a break from DDO for a bit, don't really have much I can do at cap since I have a couple characters that I either want to respec or need/want things for their TRs... and I need the store for that.

So yeah, ya know, whenever ya want me to come back, fix the store, LMK. Maybe throw those of us affected a bone, say, 500 TP, as an apology. This is a week, plus. It's rather annoying.

For those who are tracking, premium account. Not that it actually matters, but some of you out there are collecting data.

TrinityTurtle
04-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Well, at least this is forcing me to save my earned tp points up. :)

xaul17
04-29-2015, 12:35 PM
What worries me about this is that Turbine doesn't even seem to know the problem yet. For all we know, the store could be down for months... please don't forget about us, guys! 8 days now, it's starting to get a little ridiculous...

Are the points I'm earning via favor even still adding up in the store? I had around 100 points I think when I last checked, I should be around 3-400 by this point. Please, issue a fix for this soon!!

mulgorath
04-29-2015, 02:39 PM
DDO Store does not open for me on my VIP account but works fine on my free to play account Same computer, same installation. Tried to re-install, tried to clear cache as others have attempted, but no luck getting the store to load. Keep getting the timed out message.

Cordovan
04-29-2015, 03:54 PM
We are continuing to work to resolve this issue, and are making progress. We will let you know as soon as we have more information to share.

Rendron
04-30-2015, 04:24 AM
a week no Store for me..... and today the sale are going away *angry*

SirShen
04-30-2015, 06:17 AM
We are continuing to work to resolve this issue, and are making progress. We will let you know as soon as we have more information to share.

Out of intrest why couldnt you roll back what ever you did on Tuesday April 21st? Anyway iv cancelled my subscripton today.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/shenpet/sub_zpsx7tc6mcn.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/shenpet/media/sub_zpsx7tc6mcn.jpg.html)

Blooddagger25
04-30-2015, 10:13 AM
this unstable world is costing players time, money, astral shards etc. are you trying to recuperate the costs of extra staff fixing this world by crashing it and getting us to use more TP's to replace hirelings that we have lost to wasted time? I am REALLY starting to get hacked off this this. this is costing me REAL MONEY and I don't even got a decent apology or an offer of replacement hirelings. just a "submit a ticket" message.

Because the only way to track your difficulty is thru tickets. Submit one and you may or may not get an offer of replacement.

Alavatar
04-30-2015, 10:51 AM

The store is also down for my primary account (US, premium), but it works for my secondary premium account.

Cordovan
04-30-2015, 11:01 AM
We are continuing to work both internally and with one of our service providers to resolve this issue, and hope to have this resolved soon.

Alunjax123
04-30-2015, 11:04 AM
once again, Ghallanda is down. Lame duck server, more off than on, how do I get a transfer of account. grrrrrrrr

Alunjax123
04-30-2015, 11:10 AM
as compensation for the downtime on Ghallanda, I would like some epic earth star mushrooms, as I will NEVER get the 50 I need for a weapons upgrade with all the downtime. cant even buy some from the shop or the auctioneer. grrrrrrrr (again)

Snowstar81
04-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Finally was ready to respec one of my toons and cannot. Sad warforge panda here. My free account is fine but I don't use it so don't want the extra tp just sitting around there collecting dust.