PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: Ghallanda - 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Friday, April 17th

Cordovan
04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
UPDATE: Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

The Ghallanda server will be brought down from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for maintenance. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This hardware maintenance is being done to resolve recent server stability issues on Ghallanda.

IconicHero
04-17-2015, 02:12 PM
hope this fix sticks thanks for the heads up in game 60 min notice was nice

FranOhmsford
04-17-2015, 02:31 PM
The Ghallanda server will be brought down from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for maintenance. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This hardware maintenance is being done to resolve recent server stability issues on Ghallanda.

It probably couldn't be helped and I know it most likely means some people at Turbine are going to be working late to get this done BUT:

Bringing down the Server with the largest European Population at Euro Prime Time on a Friday Night? REALLY Turbine?

borogrove
04-17-2015, 02:38 PM

Surely you could pick a better service window than Friday night??

Cleanincubus
04-17-2015, 02:40 PM
With the way many people were lagging/rubber banding an hour or so ago, it seemed like only a matter of time before the server went down on it's own. So might as well fix it now, assuming it's going to.

Dandonk
04-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Well, we didn't really want to complete that at-level HE ToEE anyway. Or something.

Qhualor
04-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Really? Complaining about Ghallanda brought down to fix the server stability that has been crashing like a few times this past week? Rather have it possibly crash again during prime time or have it fixed during prime time? Looks like some would rather risk another crash. Lol.

Seikojin
04-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Surely you could pick a better service window than Friday night??

If it is to stop the up and down problems.... When would you want it down?

Livmo
04-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Too funny, don't fix G-Land and let them suffer for their ignorance and insolence. Wait I have a game on that sever. Just kidding, please continue with the fix.

FranOhmsford
04-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Really? Complaining about Ghallanda brought down to fix the server stability that has been crashing like a few times this past week? Rather have it possibly crash again during prime time or have it fixed during prime time? Looks like some would rather risk another crash. Lol.

I stated that it probably couldn't be helped!

What I was saying is that after the Easter Monday debacle and with Turbine's well known propensity for scheduling downtimes on UK Bank Holidays and during European Prime Time just generally it's starting to look more and more like Turbine just don't like us!

Seriously - England, Ireland and Portugal are only 4 hrs {sometimes 5} ahead of Boston.
Most of Europe is another hr ahead.

So why do Turbine schedule so many downtimes for US Afternoons?
Why don't they move their standard update day to Tuesdays so as to avoid the issue of Bank Holidays entirely? {Heck I'm sure they'd like to have Bank Holidays off themselves!}.

IF this issue came up tonight and had to be done tonight then so be it - It's better than having Ghallanda go down for the entire weekend obviously BUT: Ghallanda's been having these problems for weeks now!

FranOhmsford
04-17-2015, 02:56 PM

Maybe 6 hrs ago when they came into the Offices this morning!

Now perhaps it's taken Turbine this long to find the issue and tonight's fix will be THE fix.

But it just looks bad - Taking the highest European Pop. server down during Euro Prime Time!

Loromir
04-17-2015, 02:57 PM
It probably couldn't be helped and I know it most likely means some people at Turbine are going to be working late to get this done BUT:

Bringing down the Server with the largest European Population at Euro Prime Time on a Friday Night? REALLY Turbine?

Either they bring it down, or it brings its self down. Same result.

elkorm
04-17-2015, 02:57 PM
sigh, we get the shaft again.
Would have rather risked a server crash. This way I am GUARANTEED not to play on friday prime time.

Elk

Loromir
04-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe 6 hrs ago when they came into the Offices this morning!

Now perhaps it's taken Turbine this long to find the issue and tonight's fix will be THE fix.

But it just looks bad - Taking the highest European Pop. server down during Euro Prime Time!

Or maybe they had to order a part...and Fed Ex just delivered it.

borogrove
04-17-2015, 03:04 PM

out of European prime time, that's all, not that I don't want it fixed :(

UurlockYgmeov
04-17-2015, 03:10 PM

Kobold didn't do it!

mightstriker
04-17-2015, 03:12 PM
I am also disgruntled with the level of service Ghallanda has been experiencing. Please take the time to fill out a support ticket, and let them know via the feedback tab that you are upset about this ongoing issue. www.turbine.com/support Or call them between 2pm and 6pm East Coast Time at 1-855-924-2637, option 5 is for DDO.

This is the second time in as many years that Ghallanda has experienced a weeks long service problem. Last year it was the server full message that took weeks to fix. This time, the ongoing server down issues. Unless people who are unhappy take a moment to call or write the powers that be and let them know we are upset, little will be done in the way of compensation for our inconvenience.

Like many of you, I pay good money to have a subscription to this game. This level of service is terrible.

Bob_of_QF
04-17-2015, 03:48 PM
It appears the other servers are also down. Thanks a lot Turbine....

Alunjax123
04-17-2015, 04:02 PM
I didn't really want to complete part 2 of TOEE anyway. just found the water gem and was set to go toe to spore with Zug... still, I walked away with 7 epic rusty gill mushrooms, so only 43 to go until I can upgrade my armour to level 1. got 4 oyster mushrooms as well - pity I want to upgrade an earth axe and I haven't got into the earth node yet. still, I'm sure some kind soul will sell some mushrooms on auction for an exorbitant amount. 5k of shards for 345 epic rusties - whew...I hope no-one took the opportunist up on the deal

Alunjax123
04-17-2015, 04:14 PM
If anyone has a pencil, some paper and some dice, I could run a non-computer based game of Dungeons and Dragons (TM) on this thread?

"you find yourself in a tavern, the last of your coin spent on cheap beer and a stew that has seen better days. A furtive looking figure loiters by the bar and occasionally casts a surreptitious glance in your direction. eventually, he plucks up the courage and sidles over to your table. What do you do?"

if everyone replies with a post describing their character, motivations, equipment etc, we could run this until (hopefully) midnight, when the server is back up. Ii trust you all to roll any dice and be truthful about what you roll.....

Cordovan
04-17-2015, 04:28 PM
It appears the other servers are also down. Thanks a lot Turbine....

Only Ghallanda is down, the other servers are currently available.

Gratch
04-17-2015, 04:48 PM

I'd rather have them have a server farm that has redundancy, doesn't go down except during multi-day-ahead-scheduled maintenance windows and when hardware is broke, there's a backup something that can swing into action while they replace stuff on the broken server or broker netapp or broken networking. If your paid for server farm doesn't have hardware failure detection AND redundancy then they're doing it WRONG.

SirValentine
04-17-2015, 04:50 PM

Something's funky with the launcher, which may be what he was experiencing. After G-land went down, I couldn't log onto any other servers. After I re-started the launcher, though, it was OK. One server going down should not affect the ability of the launcher to connect to different servers.

elkorm
04-17-2015, 04:50 PM
and good night, so much for trying to restart the server earlier.
Elk

TeacherSyn
04-17-2015, 05:16 PM
It means it's a perfect night to perfect my curry chicken recipe.

See you after our server hamsters get their 1UP and new armor!

Cordovan
04-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

slarden
04-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Great,

Time to loosen up the purse strings a bit and invest in some newer technology

http://www.petsmart.com/live-pet/live-small-pets/male-robo-dwarf-hamster-zid36-5081326/cat-36-catid-700004;pgid=dkpg6na49NtSRpUcZxj_0m_m0000H7euKqy1;s id=VqcqML_X5P8pMOrmwgBsNI3dPw6zSNZ-z98pRC2F?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

TeacherSyn
04-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Ghallanda has reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

And the curry chicken is ready! Don't push! There's plenty for everyone!

And go wash your hands; do you live in Drooam?!

Daine
04-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Great,

http://www.petsmart.com/live-pet/live-small-pets/male-robo-dwarf-hamster-zid36-5081326/cat-36-catid-700004;pgid=dkpg6na49NtSRpUcZxj_0m_m0000H7euKqy1;s id=VqcqML_X5P8pMOrmwgBsNI3dPw6zSNZ-z98pRC2F?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

I read this Slarden, it seems perfect:

Multi-tasking!
"Robo Dwarf Hamsters are best housed in a large habitat that features enough activity centers and accessories to keep them busy."

Scalable Solution!
"You can even house more than one Robo Dwarf Hamster together provided that your habitat is big enough."

Can handle peak load!!!
"Dwarf hamsters have tons of energy and need to run on a wheel in their habitat"

Suits standardized servers.
"Your dwarf hamster needs a well-ventilated home"

14 straight days of server up!
"if your pet becomes ill during this initial 14-day period, or if you're not satisfied with your pet for any reason, PetSmart will gladly replace the pet"

Cordovan
04-17-2015, 07:25 PM
We have also extended the Earth Week bonus through Sunday for GHALLANDA ONLY: +20% Heroic XP, +20% Epic XP, +5% VIP XP. This is in addition to the Air Week bonuses of +30% Guild Renown, the Degenev Brothers event, and the Festival of the Traveler. Enjoy!

Livmo
04-17-2015, 07:27 PM
We have also extended the Earth Week bonus through Sunday for GHALLANDA ONLY: +20% Heroic XP, +20% Epic XP, +5% VIP XP. This is in addition to the Air Week bonuses of +30% Guild Renown, the Degenev Brothers event, and the Festival of the Traveler. Enjoy!

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Haven't been able to get into G-Land when I had chance to play there the last few weeks. I hope my toons there didn't tear up the kracken from seperation anxiety :D

Way cool TY!

arminius
04-17-2015, 08:22 PM

Thank you sir!

dontmater
04-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Great,

i was SOO gona do about the same joke :D

Razor_Wit
04-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Wow! That is quite generous :) Say thank you to the whole team for their hard work for us.

streep101
04-17-2015, 09:19 PM

That's cool and all..... but we haven't had Earth Week yet.

:-)

G_Lich
04-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Earth + Air ... so Ghallanda gets a "Balance of Land and Sky" weekend! ZING!

Nuryam
04-17-2015, 11:31 PM
That's cool and all..... but we haven't had Earth Week yet.

:-)

Aye, I think Cordo might be a bit tired because of this hectic week. ;)

Thanks for the gesture Turbine. Hope things are resolved now.

Ambitious
04-18-2015, 05:47 AM
Earth + Air ... so Ghallanda gets a "Balance of Land and Sky" weekend! ZING!

Actually last week was fire, not earth. So we have fire + air = smoke weekend. Our toons will have perma blurr now.

Thanks Turbine. My patience has been really tested these past days with all the server crashes. But this is generous.

stinkyfish
04-18-2015, 04:15 PM

Thank you !!

mbartol
04-24-2015, 10:14 AM
G-land down again 24 April.
I guess the fix last week didn't resolve the issue...