PDA

View Full Version : Ability Tomes

Fiscar1
04-12-2015, 11:32 AM
I really don't undestand how ability tomes are working, and here is my question: If I buy a Supreme Ability +5, it says that I need to be lvl 19 to "eat" it. Assume I reach 19 Lvl and then eat it, would my new characters (Lv1 for example) benefit from that +5 or they have to reach 19 level as well? Also what is the maximum Ability tome one can get and what the supreme? I see now in DDO store that maximum is +5 in Supreme and also +5 in each individual ability. I read on wiki that even +7 exist in game. Is that true? Please enlighten me, cause I'm new in the game.
Thank you in advance

FuzzyDuck81
04-12-2015, 11:44 AM
- Only the character that eats the tome gets the benefits from it. multiple characters will each need (or not) their own tomes.
- if you reincarnate (of whatever type) the character, the tomes remain & will be applied gradually as you level.. so at level 3 you'll get +1, level 7 +2, level 11 +3 etc. until you hit the highest level of tome you have for a stat. This can be handy since if you eat that +5 for instance it means you'll be able to use the free lesser reincarnation heart to re-level your character with extra skillpoints & also maybe qualify for feats you wouldnt have been able to before.
- A true reincarnation basically makes your character start out from scratch, retaining the loot & tomes they had from any previous lives. it grants extra build points & a past life feat which has some kind of benefit, so is a popular option if you dont want a lot of different alts but want to play different builds & classes.
- +6 supreme are in the store occasionally, and require level 22 or 23 to use.
- tomes allowing +6 in a single stat to be upgraded to +7 are in-game, but currently only drop on epic elite difficulty temple of elemental evil part 2, which is currently the highest level quest in the game.

Augon
04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
First off, welcome to the game! Glad to have you here.

All ability and skill tomes are character specific.

When you first character gets to lvl 19 and eats a +5 Ability tome, it is his permanently, even through Reincarnations, but it does not affect any other characters in any way.

If you True Resurrect your first character after eating the +5 tome, he will benefit from the tome in increments. At lvl 3 he will have a +1, at lvl 7 he will have a +2, at lvl 11 he will have +3, at lvl 15 he will have +4 and once back around to lvl 19, he will be back at the full +5.

I have seen +6 (which are Min Level 23) and sometimes they will have it in the store for a short time special. I have not seen +7 but have heard they are coming (and may already exist).

If you went ahead and got a +5 and then they put the +6 ones out for a special sale, they usually also have an upgrade tome for a bit less than the regular so you could get a +5 => +6 upgrade tome and save a bit.

Please note: that the tomes are not cumulative. If you buy a +5 and then later buy a +6 - you will only have a +6, not +11. Also, a if you have a +3 Tome in Strength and later eat a +5 Supreme, your strength will still only be +5 and the original +3 Strength tome will be nulled.

Fiscar1
04-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks a lot FuzzyDuck and VCB. You both answered excacly what I couldn't understand and more :). ty

SynalonEtuul
04-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Tomes of +7? What's next, tomes of +8???

icekinslayer
04-15-2015, 12:19 AM
Tomes of +7? What's next, tomes of +8???

did the froggy help with the maths? :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/1fzdrm.jpg

SynalonEtuul
04-15-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310575907770.jpg

You mean they could go up to +10?????