PDA

View Full Version : Quicken for sorcerer?

mobrien316
04-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I recently TR'd my sorcerer after a three wizard lives. I haven't played a sorcerer since before the enhancement pass, and I can't find my old character planning sheets from back then. I seem to recall not taking Quicken on my sorcerer, but I really don't remember for sure. I did take Quicken when he was a wizard (but I had feats to burn when he was a wizard.) This is his 3rd sorcerer life and he has 3 past wizard lives.

He is currently level 15 and I haven't noticed a need for Quicken. His feats at the moment (in no particular order) are Empower, Maximize, Heighten, Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus (Evocation), and the Wizard Past Life feat.

Do I need to take it at level 18 or wind up getting interrupted in epics constantly?

Thanks in advance.

moo_cow
04-11-2015, 10:03 PM
I recently TR'd my sorcerer after a three wizard lives. I haven't played a sorcerer since before the enhancement pass, and I can't find my old character planning sheets from back then. I seem to recall not taking Quicken on my sorcerer, but I really don't remember for sure. I did take Quicken when he was a wizard (but I had feats to burn when he was a wizard.) This is his 3rd sorcerer life and he has 3 past wizard lives.

He is currently level 15 and I haven't noticed a need for Quicken. His feats at the moment (in no particular order) are Empower, Maximize, Heighten, Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus (Evocation), and the Wizard Past Life feat.

Do I need to take it at level 18 or wind up getting interrupted in epics constantly?

Thanks in advance.

You will not get interrupted constantly in ee's. Having quicken on for a sorc is a waste of spell points the majority of the time. I always like to take quicken on my sorc because I find it good for sla's, dragons breath, energy burst, dancing ball, and mass hold monster. A few of these spells take longer than normal to cast so it is nice to cast them instantly. I find sometimes in epic elite that my dancing ball's and mass hold monster will get interrupted so I always quicken those two. Every other spell is not quickened since they don't take as long to cast.

Nice feat to have but you shouldn't use it on every spell. Only use it on spells that take a while to cast. For the majority of your spells you should have this feat off. I would still highly recommend it as a feat though.