PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Notice: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) Friday, April 10th

Cordovan
04-09-2015, 10:13 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Friday, April 10th from 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Cordovan
04-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Notes:

This is to get some fixes in ahead of the weekend. We'll have notes tomorrow, but this will fix Fred, some ToEE ingredients being found in the wrong difficulty, TWF and unarmed, a Monster Manual IV bug, The Crucible, Druid/Arty pet enhancements, some ToEE tweaks (including the Red Dungeon Alert thing), and a bit more as well.

Cordovan
04-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh, and some loot updates for Temple of Elemental Evil.

die
04-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Cordovan,

Why is Facebook comments turned off for me..:(.. I do get harsh at times. But it is only because I love the game.. Well some of it.. now.

Delacroix21
04-09-2015, 11:42 PM

Can we get a peak at the loot upgrades? The current weapons in there are underwhelming at best. Compared to thunderforge they are crazy weak.

UurlockYgmeov
04-09-2015, 11:47 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Friday, April 10th from 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Thanks for the heads up! That was / is agreeably quick! :D

Notes:

This is to get some fixes in ahead of the weekend. We'll have notes tomorrow, but this will fix Fred, some ToEE ingredients being found in the wrong difficulty, TWF and unarmed, a Monster Manual IV bug, The Crucible, Druid/Arty pet enhancements, some ToEE tweaks (including the Red Dungeon Alert thing), and a bit more as well.

Impressed with both the extent and the advanced semi-notes! Thank you Dev's for staying late!

Sweet!

arkonas
04-10-2015, 01:29 AM

well thanks for getting something out this week to address the issues and a few of them. also in before the rage hits :P we know its coming.

Lanadazia
04-10-2015, 03:23 AM

thanks for the quick followup-patch and the ahead-of-time-note! appreciated :)

Nestroy
04-10-2015, 03:33 AM
And there was much rejoycing! Halelujah!

Thx @ Cordo for the "preliminary prevision" on what gets fixed.

Micki
04-10-2015, 03:47 AM
:) Cordovan didn't consider just editing the first post?

Nice to hear some fixes are being done semi quick... yesterday I was reading complaints about the crucible being down... ppl being unhappy about not being able to run it for saga.

Gauthaag
04-10-2015, 03:47 AM
And there was much rejoycing! Halelujah!

Thx @ Cordo for the "preliminary prevision" on what gets fixed.

yeah, i like this kind of announcement as well:) It will keep my anger during downtime at much lower levels:)

dontmater
04-10-2015, 04:06 AM
thanks for the added info. it helps

edrein
04-10-2015, 04:14 AM
Notes:

Please tell me the scimitar is getting x3 multiplier like the other weapons. If the dagger got x3 treatment, the scimitar playerbase needs love too. :(

syelocke
04-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Every time I'm off...the game is down. You guys need to change up down times once in a while, east coast time zone is getting screwed over. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fixes but this is getting old. Had my whole morning cleared and ready to play. How about a 24 hour heads up next time???

Agreilon_Faith
04-10-2015, 06:06 AM
Every time I'm off...the game is down. You guys need to change up down times once in a while, east coast time zone is getting screwed over. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fixes but this is getting old. Had my whole morning cleared and ready to play. How about a 24 hour heads up next time???

I feel your pain... I'm the same way

cyreme
04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Ty for the quick response. Was just wondering if were would be any way to barter useless (to my main toon) heroic mushrooms for the right epic ones? I realize it may be a challenge programming wise, but perhaps something can be added to overgrown bench interface (or w/e the crafting station is called)? Anyway, glad some bugs are getting fixed. Thumbs up on good dungeon design and quick response to bugs.

cdbd3rd
04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
... Had my whole morning cleared and ready to play. .

I feel your pain... I'm the same way

I'm gonna use the down time for something useful - like sleep. :)

Rubix
04-10-2015, 06:45 AM
Patch notes will be available during the downtime.

Can we haz it pleaz?

TrinityTurtle
04-10-2015, 06:51 AM
:) Cordovan didn't consider just editing the first post?

Given the way people treat Turbine employees on the forums, it's probably best the post doesn't get any editing. Conspiracy theories of the text he's trying to hide would go nuts.

Hendrik
04-10-2015, 07:11 AM

Let me be the first, you need to change the downtime due to a Holiday Friday.

It is National Sibling Day and what do you have against siblings to have downtime. Don't you consider your customers? Don't have any siblings?

I took the day off, it's a Holiday, your an international company, and all other BS on patch day.

:)

Shoemaker
04-10-2015, 07:13 AM

I do remember them trying a midnight to 6AM EST update of patch once, I'm guessing it didn't go very well trying to have a bunch of zombies update the servers...

Cordovan
04-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Release Notes! (https://www.ddo.com/en/update-25-patch-1-release-notes)

laurawilder
04-10-2015, 07:18 AM

The solution is very simple. You need to move to another time zone. I can tell from the boards all other time zones are pleased with chosen down times. :)

kmoustakas
04-10-2015, 07:23 AM
First time evah the update will happen fully within working hours. That means when I go home I will get to play :D Please don't make it go beyond advertised!

fangblackhawk
04-10-2015, 07:43 AM
so mp got nerfed across the board ok cool, sheild feats use to stack with swf and or thf but do not any more, awsome that twf now works with unarmed....

i was expecting a nerf of about half my mp from weapon feats and instead got cut to a 3rd , ok you want them exclusive i guess i can deal with that even though i dont rember that being said any were that the mp would be exclusive (now that fred has settled his differences with the coin lords and is no longer on strike lol)

but as i am excepting this change to my sword and board toons (be it buckler and shorty or tower and Bswords, but then i find out that spec and focus feats are giving there bonus no mater what wepon type they are vs your equiped wepon.... and people are stacking focus bludgeon and focus peirce to get this

not to be a tool but consitancy and flat truths arnt much to ask

and for fighters i can see the limit totaly as they would be able to power creep dramaticaly with all the feats they get, but bards have way less feats to play with and a good swash pard still needs some caster cc feats to get the most out of a pure bard and more mp for in-form bards who have lower "base" bab is not a huge issue imo yes bards were over performing b4 but the avarage damge my pure swash does was cut by a third almost at end game not figuring in the double strike that was corrected just the front number on damge, unless i wabt to take a batch of focus and spec feats..... look at a way to fix this please :)

edit these digures are based on my level 10 3 bard 7 sorc, my endgame pure swash still lost a good bit of power though

kuzka111
04-10-2015, 07:44 AM
i can bet it will extend as always...

arkonas
04-10-2015, 07:46 AM

lol and now the rage starts. honestly i dont care on the times needed. they're fixing a couple bugs that really suck. so no offense i don't care if you lose some time.

FestusHood
04-10-2015, 07:59 AM
so mp got nerfed across the board ok cool, sheild feats use to stack with swf and or thf but do not any more, awsome that twf now works with unarmed....

i was expecting a nerf of about half my mp from weapon feats and instead got cut to a 3rd , ok you want them exclusive i guess i can deal with that even though i dont rember that being said any were that the mp would be exclusive (now that fred has settled his differences with the coin lords and is no longer on strike lol)

but as i am excepting this change to my sword and board toons (be it buckler and shorty or tower and Bswords, but then i find out that spec and focus feats are giving there bonus no mater what wepon type they are vs your equiped wepon.... and people are stacking focus bludgeon and focus peirce to get this

not to be a tool but consitancy and flat truths arnt much to ask

and for fighters i can see the limit totaly as they would be able to power creep dramaticaly with all the feats they get, but bards have way less feats to play with and a good swash pard still needs some caster cc feats to get the most out of a pure bard and more mp for in-form bards who have lower "base" bab is not a huge issue imo yes bards were over performing b4 but the avarage damge my pure swash does was cut by a third almost at end game not figuring in the double strike that was corrected just the front number on damge, unless i wabt to take a batch of focus and spec feats..... look at a way to fix this please :)

edit these digures are based on my level 10 3 bard 7 sorc, my endgame pure swash still lost a good bit of power though

Melee power from different fighting styles was never supposed to stack. If you had it stacking between shield feats and single weapon fighting then that was a bug. All of them are typed as combat style bonuses.

The focus and specialization feats are supposed to stack however. It would be kind of pointless if they didn't, since any fighter is almost certain to have fighting style feats.

Nuryam
04-10-2015, 08:07 AM
worlds have reopened...at least I am in on Ghallanda

dunklezhan
04-10-2015, 08:12 AM
indeed, am in on argo. Early, I believe. Though not as early as the last downtime was late, but they've have had to have a time machine for that.

fangblackhawk
04-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Melee power from different fighting styles was never supposed to stack. If you had it stacking between shield feats and single weapon fighting then that was a bug. All of them are typed as combat style bonuses.

The focus and specialization feats are supposed to stack however. It would be kind of pointless if they didn't, since any fighter is almost certain to have fighting style feats.

they stacked wasnt aware they were not suppose to they just did and did the from the start, and your saying while wielding a short sword you are suppose to get 4mp from weapon focus bludgeon and weapon specialization bludgeon, and another 4 from slash feats? with out taking pierce feats? that does not seem right at all. yes fighters and barbs and such should be over the top dps but ...... maybe its just cuz i was a fan of the pnp kensi who could only ever use one sword ever and if it broke they had to go quest to fix it or lose all there bonuses :)

fangblackhawk
04-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Kudos on the font size in news scroll ! makes it 'pop"

Damien_Vampyre
04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
hopefully the champ chest problem will be addressed in this patch.

fangblackhawk
04-10-2015, 08:34 AM
my ek tree was reset when i logged in put the ap back in tree for same set up i had,,, was there a change i am nissing or was this a fluke?

Loromir
04-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Please tell me the scimitar is getting x3 multiplier like the other weapons. If the dagger got x3 treatment, the scimitar playerbase needs love too. :(

Whoa...x3 Multiplier on that Schimitar would imediately make it a must have, even for Cetus.

Cordovan
04-10-2015, 09:06 AM
The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

Cordovan
04-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Additionally, the recommended world has been changed to Orien. We know some folks like to keep track of that.

Sorry about the delay in announcing the worlds reopening, combination of traffic issue and cell phone problem.

Kudos on the font size in news scroll ! makes it 'pop"

This has been fixed. I used the wrong tag when doing the release notes this morning.

hopefully the champ chest problem will be addressed in this patch.

Can you explain what you are referring to?

Thanks, folks, for the great feedback this week that helped us get this patch out as quickly as we were able to.

KristinS
04-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Thanks, folks, for the great feedback this week that helped up get this patch out as quickly as we were able to.

Thank you (and all of the developer's team) for the quick update that fixes so many issues. My wolf is eternally grateful (provided you keep him well fed...).

FestusHood
04-10-2015, 09:43 AM
they stacked wasnt aware they were not suppose to they just did and did the from the start, and your saying while wielding a short sword you are suppose to get 4mp from weapon focus bludgeon and weapon specialization bludgeon, and another 4 from slash feats? with out taking pierce feats? that does not seem right at all. yes fighters and barbs and such should be over the top dps but ...... maybe its just cuz i was a fan of the pnp kensi who could only ever use one sword ever and if it broke they had to go quest to fix it or lose all there bonuses :)

It would make sense that the focus and specialization feats only applied their melee power to the specific weapon type. It could simply be something they overlooked.

davmuzl
04-10-2015, 09:57 AM

Fighter lacks damage overall and those feats are a good place to make sure every fighter can access them. That will still not make them top DPS, but for now they are in a better spot.
Also the feat isn't part of the Kensei tree, so it just represents the Fighters overall improvement, that he achieves by working on one specific weapon type.

patang01
04-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Can you explain what you are referring to?

Thanks, folks, for the great feedback this week that helped up get this patch out as quickly as we were able to.

Most likely that before the update every single orange named champion dropped a chest. Most welcome since the drop rate is fairly bad anyways. After the update it's back to being a chance, making most champion battles unrewarding.

Linex
04-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Most likely that before the update every single orange named champion dropped a chest. Most welcome since the drop rate is fairly bad anyways. After the update it's back to being a chance, making most champion battles unrewarding.

Not sure what planet you live on but almost none of the champions I have been killing in ToEE have dropped chests.

gwonbush
04-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Not sure what planet you live on but almost none of the champions I have been killing in ToEE have dropped chests.

Well, almost none of the monsters in ToEE are oranged named. Since only oranged named champs drop chests, it makes sense.

Phoenix-daBard
04-10-2015, 11:01 AM

I suspect it is people who were using misadventure to kill juju zombies. Now that the chest drops at the feet of the killer those chest do not appear because misadventure has no feet.

Damien_Vampyre
04-10-2015, 11:25 AM
I suspect it is people who were using misadventure to kill juju zombies. Now that the chest drops at the feet of the killer those chest do not appear because misadventure has no feet.

sounds like it might be plausible. but in the cases I've seen there have been no pets or outside sources dealing dmg to the mob.. and I got the kill on a few of them and no chest at all. is it more possible that making the chest appear at feet of killer could cause the chest to spawn in the geometry? See above... not rewarding. the frag drops are bad, now chests mostly gone. put more items on vendor for 10k so only the ppl that farm Halls can get stuff from there.. thanks.

side note: some ppl seem to be missing prr/mrr. last night diff from today. i'd go check yours if I were you.

Sebastrd
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
It would make sense that the focus and specialization feats only applied their melee power to the specific weapon type. It could simply be something they overlooked.

Sev specifically mentioned that they should stack, as one of the benefits for a versatile Fighter with multiple specializations.